"..sorry but this item is not available in...."

Author
cathyftr
Hamburger
  • Total Posts : 87
2013/03/04 12:27:49 (permalink)

"..sorry but this item is not available in...."

Fast food or even the causal restaurant chain, have you ever ran into a situation where the local franchise for one reason or another had refused to carry a certain item ??  Back in the late 90's I can recall the local Winchester ( Virginia ) McDonalds franchise for a brief time had refused to offer fish sandwiches. Same thing with those now-defunct Breakfast Bagel sandwiches even though both items were available in neighboring towns.  I don't remember the reason why they didn't carry those items though the "hot rumor" at the time was that Nerangis ( the family who had the McDonalds franchise ) had wanted to break away from McDonalds to start their own chain  however at the time the Nerangis family had flat out denied that. I do remember seeing McDonalds ads on TV in Pittsburgh and Virginia Beach and that disclaimer "...this item is not available in Winchester, Virginia.." even though Winchester isn't anywhere close to either Pittsburgh or Virginia Beach.

Subway..I can remember back in the 80's some of those places in the Shenandoah Valley of Virginia had refused to make subs 30 minutes before closing.

2 Replies Related Threads

Michael Hoffman
    Double-chop Porterhouse
    • Total Posts : 18390
    Re:"..sorry but this item is not available in...." 2013/03/04 12:39:04 (permalink)
    McDonald's places in Ohio -- or at least the parts of Ohio where we've been -- don't have the blueberry-pomegranate chillers and smoothies that are available in Western Pennsylvania.
    felix4067
    Filet Mignon
    • Total Posts : 3482
    Re:"..sorry but this item is not available in...." 2013/03/04 12:48:30 (permalink)
    I don't know about "refusing" to carry something, but I have seen it on occasion where something that is advertised isn't available at all locations for a variety of reasons.
    Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1