square with i-pad with printer and cash drawer

Author
Buck & Vi's
Double Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 830
2013/11/22 09:01:27 (permalink)

square with i-pad with printer and cash drawer

anyone using the square app with the I pad? with the printer and cash drawer? how are you getting your internet ? hot spot. from cell phone etc..?. if cell hot spot hows that working for you?

6 Replies Related Threads

BelCibo
    Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 168
    Re:square with i-pad with printer and cash drawer 2013/11/23 09:50:38 (permalink)
    That is the setup we are using.  Works fantastic!

I'm using a standard ipad without cell, a TSP143L printer, staples small cash drawer and a verizon broadband router w/ethernet.

You need a router with an ethernet port for the printer and only a few printers work with square.  With this setup you can print a chef's ticket and customer number, that's how we deployed it. 

The cell hotspot will only work for the ipad, the printer would not work with that setup since there is no way to hook up the ethernet.
    post edited by BelCibo - 2013/11/23 09:51:59
    pnwchef
    Double Chili Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 2390
    Re:square with i-pad with printer and cash drawer 2013/11/23 10:44:05 (permalink)
    Buck, I remember the time you used to use a cigar box and count change on your fingers and toes. You have come a long way buddy, Thank God Vi has the smarts in the family..............
    Buck & Vi's
    Double Cheeseburger
    Re:square with i-pad with printer and cash drawer 2013/11/26 14:18:55 (permalink)
    amen billy!  since I lost that foot  I had ta do sumpin else....
    Buck & Vi's
    Double Cheeseburger
    Re:square with i-pad with printer and cash drawer 2013/11/26 14:20:57 (permalink)
    ah grasshopper you can get the printer to work off your hot spot with a tp link  more to come later when I get it all done in ..buck

chefbuba
    Double Chili Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 1994
    Re:square with i-pad with printer and cash drawer 2013/11/26 14:35:33 (permalink)
    Howdy Buck!
    Buck & Vi's
    Double Cheeseburger
    Re:square with i-pad with printer and cash drawer 2013/12/04 18:35:28 (permalink)
    hey, chef ! wassup?

ok I think I finally got it figgered out, here's what you do to run square with the I pad and printer without internet: yes it will be a little costly...but if your phone has hot spot capabilities your 1/2 way home mine didn't...I got the Verizon "MIFI" mobile hot spot 70 bucks 3 gigs of data 60 bucks.. you also have to get a "T.P.LINK"
    its sorta a wireless router and far as I know the only one to be square compatible, I called star Micronics they set me up with all I needed oh and by the way I'm also running the cash drawer. so you configure your t p link to you I pad thru a computer if you have trouble with this star is very good tech support will even do this for you, requires them to "show my computer .com"  once your t.p. link is up take the cord from computer and hook into the printer fire it up and bingo! done, ok I did have a few problems with my setup but I think its because I'm in such a secured area, every time I get a router or whatever going there security blocked it, after some lengthy discussions with there I.T. guy we got it done. I can run c.c thru the I-pad, print wirelessly and it opens the cash drawer automatically , what I was really after is to run the c.c thru the I-pad and take my phone out of the equation.

now if you DONT care about the c.c. thru your phone but want to run printer and cash drawer or just printer with no internet, just get yourself a modem plug an Ethernet cord into it and the other end into the printer. your I-pad will recognize the modem and then your printer will recognize the same. if you have a problem with it ..with everything plugged into it turn the printer off then turn back on holding the feed button in until the paper starts the let off the end paper should have the i.p address on it if there's all 000 its not configured right.  I ran mine that way for a long time. the modem is just a way for the printer and I-pad to communicate it does not have to have any internet for this to work. only difference is you cannot assign ticket # just custom names.
    Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1