The most memorable local eateries along the highways and back roads of America
Sign In | Register for Free!
Restaurants Recipes Forums EatingTours Merchandise FAQ Maps Insider
Forum Themes:
Welcome !

stuff that Davydd doesn't want you to know!

wanderingjew

• Total Posts: 7384
  • Roadfood Insider
stuff that Davydd doesn't want you to know! Fri, 03/9/12 6:47 PM (permalink)
UH-OH!  

Check out the new "pot luck" side dishes at Tavern on Grand

Soups & Salads NEXT

Soups All soups are served with a fresh-baked roll.
Chicken Wild Rice Cup–$2.95 | Bowl–$4.95
French Onion Cup–$2.95 | Bowl–$4.95
Northwoods Chili Cup–$2.95 | Bowl–$4.95 Seasonal
From the Kettle Cup–$2.95 | Bowl–$4.95 The Tavern features a variety of hearty, homemade soups. Please ask your server for today’s choice.
Chicken Pot Pie $7.95 Tender chunks of chicken, a medley of vegetables, and our thick chicken sauce. Topped with a flaky pastry and baked to a golden brown. Served with a dinner salad.
Salads All salads are served with freshly baked roll. Our homemade dressins include: Blue Cheese, Ranch, French, Honey Mustard, Italian, Thousand Island, Low Fat Lemon-Basil, Low Fat Artichoke-Tarragon.
Chef's Salad Full--$8.95 | Half--$5.95 Strips of ham, thick-sliced bacon, turkey, egg, tomato, Swiss and Cheddar cheeses nested on a bed of lettuce, with your choice of homemade dressings.
Taco Salad $8.95 Your choice of seasoned chicken or beef, topped with shredded lettuce, diced tomato, ripe olives, green onion and shredded cheddar cheese. Served with flour tortilla shell with sour cream and homemade salsa verde.
Antipasto Pasta Salad $8.95 Rotini pasta tossed in an artichoke-tarragon vinaigrette with black and green olives, cherry tomatoes, chunks of cheddar, Swiss, ham and pepperoni. Served on a bed of lettuce with garlic toast.
Skally Caesar Salad 14.95 A fillet of Canadian Walleye on romaine lettuce tossed with homemade croutons, Parmesan cheese & creamy Caesar dressing.`Plain Caesar - 6.95 Chicken Caesar - 9.95`Half Caesar - 3.95 Shrimp Caesar - 11.95
Buffalo Chicken Salad 8.95 Tender deep fried chicken strips tossed in our buffalo sauce on a bed of mixed greens with tomato, celery, and onion. Served with our homemade bleu cheese dressing.
Pot Luck Side Dishes
Wild Rice Casserole 5.95 Long grain wild rice baked with diced breast of duck, bacon and wild mushrooms.
Tater Tot Hot Dish 3.95 Ground beef and vegetables slow-cooked in our homemade mushrooms soup, topped woth grated cheese & crushed Tater Tots, baked to a golden brown.
Spicy Mac & Cheese 4.95 Diced shrimp, ham and mushrooms sauteed in jerk spices and foded into a creamy blend of brie, emmentaler, gruyere, whit wine 7 rotini pasta. Topped with grated parmesan.
    NEXT PAGE

HOME  |  MENU  |  SPECIALS  |  BANQUETS  |  COMMENTS  |   |  MAP

also check out the new food truck in the Twin Cities!

http://www.totboss.com/Menu.html

Sundancer7

Re:stuff that Davydd doesn't want you to know! Fri, 03/9/12 7:24 PM (permalink)
    I have been to the Tavern on Grand many times and I always enjoyed it.  I may have been there 50+ times plus other restaurants on Grand.  I love that street.

I regard Davydd insight on pork tenderloin sandwichs and food in the twin cities very highly.  I wish I could travel like him.

Paul E. Smith
    Knoxville, TN

BuddyRoadhouse

• Total Posts: 4074
      Re:stuff that Davydd doesn't want you to know! Fri, 03/9/12 10:46 PM (permalink)
      Another salvo in the "Lutefisk Wars".

Buddy

Davydd

• Total Posts: 6222
        Re:stuff that Davydd doesn't want you to know! Sat, 03/10/12 12:41 AM (permalink)
        I've got better fish to fry. I just renewed my American Legion membership today so I can hit the Friday night fish fries during Lent.

But this coming Friday I reserved sittings for the Minnesota Landscape Arboretum Winter Beer Tasting dinner. The Valentine's 7 course wine tasting dinner last month was fantastic. Now I am hooked.

I used to get to Tavern on Grand when I worked and when my daughter lived for a while just off Grand Avenue. It's 30 miles away so is not a priority anymore. Too many other places to try. If you come to Minnesota maybe you ought to try The Bachelor Farmer in downtown Minneapolis. It is a fairly new restaurant owned by the governor's sons with a Minnesota regional flair. I haven't been there yet. http://thebachelorfarmer.com/menu/food/

tcrouzer

• Total Posts: 430
          Re:stuff that Davydd doesn't want you to know! Sat, 03/10/12 9:00 AM (permalink)
          Rutabaga Soup? A very interesting menu at The Bachelor Farmer! I'd give it a try for sure.

wanderingjew

• Total Posts: 7384
            • Roadfood Insider
            Re:stuff that Davydd doesn't want you to know! Sat, 03/10/12 1:14 PM (permalink)
            Davydd

The Bachelor Farmer although not roadfood certainly looks intriguing.  Unfortunately who knows when/if I will ever find myself back in the land of 10,000 lakes.

BTW

Even more news

Looks like you don't even have to leave the Minneapolis St Paul  airport now for......HOTDISH

Double OH NO 

BuddyRoadhouse

Re:stuff that Davydd doesn't want you to know! Sat, 03/10/12 2:05 PM (permalink)
              Davydd,
              Looking at the Google Maps Street View, 50 N. 2nd Avenue looks like an interesting neighborhood.  Nice mix of vintage warehouse and retail spaces, complete with a cobblestone street.  It appears Bachelor Farmer is in an old warehouse space.  Can you confirm?

Not sure when I'll be back in The Cities again, but Bachelor Farmer looks like a good place for us to check out.

Buddy

Davydd

Re:stuff that Davydd doesn't want you to know! Sat, 03/10/12 2:40 PM (permalink)
                wanderingjew

Davydd
                Even more news

Looks like you don't even have to leave the Minneapolis St Paul  airport now for......HOTDISH

Double OH NO 

I want you to know we culinary sophisticated Minnesotans got rid of McDonalds at the airport to make room for that.

Davydd

Re:stuff that Davydd doesn't want you to know! Sat, 03/10/12 2:43 PM (permalink)
                  BuddyRoadhouse

Davydd,
                  Looking at the Google Maps Street View, 50 N. 2nd Avenue looks like an interesting neighborhood.  Nice mix of vintage warehouse and retail spaces, complete with a cobblestone street.  It appears Bachelor Farmer is in an old warehouse space.  Can you confirm?

Not sure when I'll be back in The Cities again, but Bachelor Farmer looks like a good place for us to check out.

Buddy

That would be considered the Warehouse District. It is not too far from Target Field.

TJ Jackson

• Total Posts: 4482
                    Re:stuff that Davydd doesn't want you to know! Sun, 03/11/12 12:20 PM (permalink)
                    Davydd

I want you to know we culinary sophisticated Minnesotans got rid of McDonalds at the airport to make room for that.
                    Damn, I was counting on getting my McJuicyLucy and Lutefisk parfait there

BuddyRoadhouse

Re:stuff that Davydd doesn't want you to know! Sun, 03/11/12 4:47 PM (permalink)
                      That would be spelled "McJucyLucy".

Buddy

Michael Hoffman

• Total Posts: 17815
                        Re:stuff that Davydd doesn't want you to know! Sun, 03/11/12 5:45 PM (permalink)
                        BuddyRoadhouse

That would be spelled "McJucyLucy".

Buddy

Only at one place -- Matt's Bar.

<message edited by Michael Hoffman on Sun, 03/11/12 5:47 PM>

Online Bookmarks Sharing: Share/Bookmark

Jump to:

Current active users

There are 0 members and 1 guests.

Icon Legend and Permission

• New Messages
                          • No New Messages
                          • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
                          • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
                          • Locked w/ New Messages
                          • Locked w/o New Messages
                          • Read Message
                          • Post New Thread
                          • Reply to message
                          • Post New Poll
                          • Submit Vote
                          • Post reward post
                          • Delete my own posts
                          • Delete my own threads
                          • Rate post

2000-2014 ASPPlayground.NET Forum Version 3.9
                          What is Roadfood?  |   Privacy Policy  |   Contact Roadfood.com   Copyright 2011 - Roadfood.com