stuff with pnut butter on it as appetizers/etc

Author
FriedClamFanatic
Double Chili Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 1794
2012/06/20 18:06:15 (permalink)

stuff with pnut butter on it as appetizers/etc

Don't know what made me go down this path,but most likely late night munchies fueled by something distilled.  When I lived in the UK, one neighbor actually served Peanutbutter on crackers as an hors d-ouvere.  Wasn't bad..but the cracker was mpmh.  So.the other day...got out some of my Canadian Wheat crackers.the Red Oval Stoned wheat thins and spread a little PB on them.........nice!

Then I decided, maybe a little regular butter and PB on them would be even better.......it was.as my sodium count climbed.

Then for the piece d'resistance.  I had gotten some Belgian Waffle cookies made by Jules De Stroop..you can find these in some supermarkets and places like Whole Foods.   Took one of those, lathered on some PB and then topped it with a "smidge" (2 points if you grew up knowing and using that word!) of some fancy "finishing salt" that my D-I-L had given me....The combo of sweet and salty was heaven.

In further quests on subsequent days and nights, I have also tried Cashew butter and Almond butter (the latter from Whole Foods......expensive.and maybe worth it)...on both the sweet and the salty crackers....with and wihtout the extra salt.  Definitely worh trying!

And it can look rather classy to serve Almond butter on Crackers with a sprinkling of pink finishing salt or white sea flakes to your friends.

4 Replies Related Threads

Foodbme
    Porterhouse
    • Total Posts : 10407
    Re:stuff with pnut butter on it as appetizers/etc 2012/06/20 19:18:28 (permalink)
    Try a Mini-Elvis! A Graham Cracker topped with some Crunchy PB and top that with a Slice of Banana!
    Ants on a Log - 4" slice of celery, filled with PB and topped with raisins.
    Cut out a round of bread(Your choice) with a small water glass or cookie cutter, Blend softened cream cheese, (Or whipped cream cheese) with PB and spread on bread. Top with a small piece of firm fruit.

PBB – Peanut Butter Bacon Squares 
    8 slices extra-thin white bread (Pepperidge Farm works.)
    1 1/4 cups Crunchy Peanut Butter or 1 1/4 cups extra-crunchy peanut butter
    1 lb sliced Bacon
     Directions:
    Spread peanut butter generously on four slices of bread.
    Top with four remaining bread slices and trim crusts.
    Cut each sandwich into thirds, vertically and horizontally, to make nine cubes.
    Cut each bacon slice into thirds and wrap each sandwich cube with bacon.
    Secure with wooden toothpicks.
    Place cubes on rack of a broiler pan.
    Bake at 350 for 15 to 20 minutes or until bacon is nicely crisped.
    whatnameisnottaken
    Junior Burger
    • Total Posts : 26
    Re:stuff with pnut butter on it as appetizers/etc 2012/06/20 20:24:34 (permalink)
    Take some Ritz crackers, put PB on them (I prefer JIF crunchy) then plop a marshmallow on top. Stick under the broiler just so the marshmallows brown on the top. They are melty, gooey, sweet goodness and combined with the salt in the Ritz and the PB, it's a great snack!
    FriedClamFanatic
    Double Chili Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 1794
    Re:stuff with pnut butter on it as appetizers/etc 2012/06/20 20:39:55 (permalink)
    Foodbme

Try a Mini-Elvis! A Graham Cracker topped with some Crunchy PB and top that with a Slice of Banana!
    Ants on a Log - 4" slice of celery, filled with PB and topped with raisins.
    Cut out a round of bread(Your choice) with a small water glass or cookie cutter, Blend softened cream cheese, (Or whipped cream cheese) with PB and spread on bread. Top with a small piece of firm fruit.

PBB – Peanut Butter Bacon Squares 
    8 slices extra-thin white bread (Pepperidge Farm works.)
    1 1/4 cups Crunchy Peanut Butter or 1 1/4 cups extra-crunchy peanut butter
    1 lb sliced Bacon
    Directions:
    Spread peanut butter generously on four slices of bread.
    Top with four remaining bread slices and trim crusts.
    Cut each sandwich into thirds, vertically and horizontally, to make nine cubes.
    Cut each bacon slice into thirds and wrap each sandwich cube with bacon.
    Secure with wooden toothpicks.
    Place cubes on rack of a broiler pan.
    Bake at 350 for 15 to 20 minutes or until bacon is nicely crisped.

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!........you got me on the bacon!  When I lived in the UK, i became a fan of bacon butties  When I came back to the US, I strated doing rolls with bacon...and butter.....then PB.....and then........added honey! a Roll or slices of bread..with Bacon, PB and honey..........Divine!
    ann peeples
    Sirloin
    • Total Posts : 8695
    Re:stuff with pnut butter on it as appetizers/etc 2012/06/20 22:51:11 (permalink)
    Yum!
    Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1