suggestions on backup camera for rear of trailer view and hitching up

Author
Jasper1
Hamburger
  • Total Posts : 51
2013/09/25 14:49:30 (permalink)

suggestions on backup camera for rear of trailer view and hitching up

I'm looking for a solution to help with hooking the trailer hitch to the ball and also a camera for the rear of the trailer on the roof so I won't back into anything.

I wanted to use a 5-7" color monitor with a video 1 and 2 so I can switch from the truck camera to the trailer camera.
Just curious if anyone has mounted anything like this and has any suggestions.
The trailer is in process of being built and I can have a camera mounted on the rear of the roof and the cable routed in the walls up to the tounge where the trailer wires will be.

I bought an iBall wireless camera but the 2.4 wireless picture had a lot of static. So I'd like to hardmount something and not go wireless.

Thanks

post edited by Jasper1 - 2013/09/25 14:52:25

1 Reply Related Threads

fishscale28
    Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 254
    Re:suggestions on backup camera for rear of trailer view and hitching up 2013/09/25 15:25:14 (permalink)
    There are tons of backup cameras just for that purpose and depending on the stereo/head unit you have in your truck you could wire a camera directly to that (would have to be navigation/screen etc.).  Also if you're going to be doing wifi on your trailer then you can do IP cameras and use your ipad (if you're using one for your POS) to monitor everything.  From anywhere

Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1