teacher probed

Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Author
sizz
Double Chili Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 1688
RE: teacher probed 2006/03/07 20:57:10 (permalink)
Pwingsx............. thanks for the KNOW.com link,
I listened to the interview and conclude that freeken teacher is nothing but a "Scum Bag"........... I would not have him teach a cockroach yet alone our beautiful young children.
How in gods name did he ever get a job as a teacher.
Pwingsx
  • Total Posts : 2170
RE: teacher probed 2006/03/08 02:32:15 (permalink)
You're so welcome, but it's KHOW.com, not KNOW.com.

And I guess, as a left wing liberal bleeding-heart, (might as well be hanged for a sheep as for a lamb), I can't quite agree with you on such a black/white conclusion.

I'm still somewhat ambiguous, but leaning toward firing the guy. But I'm not quite convinced on a philosophical level, but on a personal one, judging by the man himself. He isn't nearly as convincing or loquacious as he portrays himself. It's a shame. Twit. He had some points.
mr chips
Filet Mignon
  • Total Posts : 4727
RE: teacher probed 2006/03/08 04:51:33 (permalink)
This is a restatement of somethiong I heard Jon Stewart say on The Daily Show about politicians. I am tired of hearing everybody making facile comparisons to Adolf Hitler. Hitler remains one of the primary historical embodiments of evil and to compare Bush the younger to him overstates Bush"s evil a millionfold and understates Hitler's evil by about the same amount. If the teacher had compared Bush"s actions to Richard Nixon and FDR, I would have had absolutely no problem but i think this comparison crosses a certain line.
Cosmos
  • Total Posts : 1449
RE: teacher probed 2006/03/08 08:40:43 (permalink)
quote:
Originally posted by mr chips

This is a restatement of somethiong I heard Jon Stewart say on The Daily Show about politicians. I am tired of hearing everybody making facile comparisons to Adolf Hitler. Hitler remains one of the primary historical embodiments of evil and to compare Bush the younger to him overstates Bush"s evil a millionfold and understates Hitler's evil by about the same amount. If the teacher had compared Bush"s actions to Richard Nixon and FDR, I would have had absolutely no problem but i think this comparison crosses a certain line.

I believe that's true, however, I was going to say, IMO, the comparison gives Bush way too much credit for actually being in control of things...Like I said a bad analogy...but then, I feel the kids are free to disagree with his opinion.

I have some of those school superintendant's nightmares of super moms in my neighborhood. The ones who manipulate Sissy's schedule so she gets the 'right' teacher, the one who will give her the best shot at a scholarship...

I look at it this way...when you get out of school you can't pick your bosses, you can't pick your co-workers, heck you can't pick your neighbors and however hard you try you can't always pick your leaders, so you might better develop the tools to deal with sub-geniuses of the world sooner than later.

Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Jump to:
© 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1