the BEST veal chop

Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Author
rebeltruce
Double Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 702
RE: the BEST veal chop 2007/01/18 08:46:51 (permalink)
quote:
Originally posted by rebi

If like veal chops, I had a fabulous one at Da Dominico on Chain Bridge Road in Vienna, VA. You could cut it with a fork. This was a New Years Eve dinner so I don't know how much they charge on a regular evening for this terrific dish. The sides with it could have been better and perhaps they are on a regular evening.

I have had the Veal Chop at Da Dominico, it is the best I've ever had.

It is actually their signature dish. Never had a problem with the sides, although I don't remember exactly what they were the last time I was there..... I do like it when the owner or the owner's brother (not sure which) comes table to table singing opera!

Always a fun place to visit......
rouxdog
Double Chili Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 1421
RE: the BEST veal chop 2007/01/20 11:06:32 (permalink)
Another perspective concerning veal. We cattle ranch in southern New Mexico as most of our neighbors and friends do. Our animals run free and graze. We tend to their welfare and make life as enjoyable as possible for them, while aware of their ultimate destiny. To watch a young calf run with it's Mom kicking up it's heels brings a smile to our faces. You will not find a rancher in Lincoln County who raises veal. Don't believe I've ever eaten any. Please know, I don't think poorly of those who enjoy a veal dish. I'm not wishing to judge those who do. As for me and others who put good beef on your table, we don't wish to make a buck from producing veal.
Respectfully,
Rouxdog
Carrizozo, NM
Michael Hoffman
Double-chop Porterhouse
  • Total Posts : 18268
RE: the BEST veal chop 2007/01/20 11:29:40 (permalink)
I'm among those who thank the folks who put good beef on the table for us. You must be aware, however, of the fact that regardless of how you raise your critters there are idiots who consider doing so to be criminal.

May you never have a PETA moment.
buckeye1
Hamburger
  • Total Posts : 88
RE: the BEST veal chop 2007/01/20 11:53:25 (permalink)
I'm among those who thank the folks who put good vegetables on the table for us. You must be aware, however, of the fact that regardless of how you raise your veggies there are idiots who consider doing so to be criminal.

May you never have a HOFFMAN moment.
Michael Hoffman
Double-chop Porterhouse
  • Total Posts : 18268
RE: the BEST veal chop 2007/01/20 12:50:30 (permalink)
quote:
Originally posted by buckeye1

I'm among those who thank the folks who put good vegetables on the table for us. You must be aware, however, of the fact that regardless of how you raise your veggies there are idiots who consider doing so to be criminal.

May you never have a HOFFMAN moment.

It is always amusing to find folks extolling the virtues of raising vegetables and eating vegetables, claiming that there is no cruelty involved. Tell that to the displaced wildlife, the dead insects, the millions of dead critters killed as a result of paving roads to bring those veggetables to market, the drilling for the oil to power those vehicles and the farm equipment needed. Tell it to the vegetables, themselves, proven to be sentient creatures by no less than Scientology.
IansMom
Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 395
RE: the BEST veal chop 2007/01/20 13:38:20 (permalink)
<---doesn't eat veal because I used to work on a dairy farm in Israel.. but thats my choice... my GF and son are veggheads... doesn't make me a bad person cause I still eat meat.. enjoy the veal.. I will be having something else...
Twinwillow
Sirloin
  • Total Posts : 5046
RE: the BEST veal chop 2007/01/20 14:21:44 (permalink)
quote:
Originally posted by IansMom

<---doesn't eat veal because I used to work on a dairy farm in Israel.. but thats my choice... my GF and son are veggheads... doesn't make me a bad person cause I still eat meat.. enjoy the veal.. I will be having something else...

Thank you for your (correct) non-judgemental attitude.
CasperImproved
Hamburger
  • Total Posts : 59
RE: the BEST veal chop 2007/01/20 17:37:53 (permalink)
Just wanted to say that even if I don't post that often, I have a great respect for the folks that post here. I love meats in many a variety, and I love veggies almost as much. In fact, my wife whom called me a few minutes ago wanted to knoow (bless her heart) if there was anything she could bring home for me... I asked for some veggies to go with the left over dip I made yesterday.

I know this seems to be not on topic, but my thought is.... I LOVE food in most of it's guises. I don't want organ meat in most cases, but pretty much everything else is a target. I started hunting at the age of 8, and have a liberal sense of what is eatable :-)

BTW, I have no issue with someone that is vegetarian, I love veggies too. In fact, I asked my wife that she pick up a few veggies on her way home tonite as a veggie/dip thing is what I’m in the mood for.

But anyone that wants to be judgemental regarding any one else's tastes on a food forum, I would have issue with if *they* have issues with the rest of the posters. Veal, beef, pork, fish, etc., are all on the menu in my house :-)

Regards,

Casper
Page: < 12 Showing page 2 of 2
Jump to:
© 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1