tido's in his junkyard dog's, new brunswick, nj

Author
Dog Boss
Cheeseburger
  • Total Posts : 206
2010/02/05 18:22:13 (permalink)

tido's in his junkyard dog's, new brunswick, nj

well, i see a story in the local paper about this hot dog joint in the middle of new brunswick and the rutgers . in the short the owner puts the place up for sale, a couple of rutgers grad's buy the place.

we stop in, it's a small place that offers bag service........... order bag and run !!! 

i order there chicago dog.......... $2.69
  plus i have 2 chilli and cheese w/raw onion mustard , $2.69 two birch beer's off to the car. 3 dog's and two pop's.

travel buddy has 2 chili and the goods, 1 chi-town dog, and has two tido's top dog's...... chili, bacon, cheese,scallions, horseradish, mustard and celery salt,

my chili'S are fine, chili has a little bit of bite, but not a lot........ i say it's a good/better dog. the chi-town is ok, feel the pickle wedge was somewhat to big for the rest of it's dog mates. 

buddy stats he's found a new stop for his hot dog cravens, i feel it's worth another trip. they have italian hot dog's and burgers and also do the "rutger's fat sandwiches" was going to order a italian, but, i felt 3 dogs were good for this trip. remember it's fine dining by the curbside !!! 

tido's 
139 easton ave
new brunswick, nj
1-732-246-8980
www.rutidos.com 

............................... NEW BRUNSWICK'S BEST HOT DOG'S...............................................

5 Replies Related Threads

John Sagi
    Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 146
    Re:tido's in his junkyard dog's, new brunswick, nj 2010/02/07 16:24:56 (permalink)
    Dog Boss

I lived 10 minutes from Tido's. I felt their dogs were just OK. It seemed the owner was never around and sometime the hot dogs were not hot enough.

It looks like the new owners may give Tido's what it needed. I'll have to try them next time I'm in the area.

So, you also may want to try Blitzburgers that are down the road. They serve a 4/1 grilled hot dog.

http://thegourmetchilidog.com/vendors/nj/BlitzburgersNewBruns_01.htm

post edited by John Sagi - 2010/02/07 16:28:25
    Dog Boss
    Cheeseburger
    Re:tido's in his junkyard dog's, new brunswick, nj 2010/02/09 12:18:53 (permalink)
    John Sagi

Dog Boss

I lived 10 minutes from Tido's. I felt their dogs were just OK. It seemed the owner was never around and sometime the hot dogs were not hot enough.

It looks like the new owners may give Tido's what it needed. I'll have to try them next time I'm in the area.

So, you also may want to try Blitzburgers that are down the road. They serve a 4/1 grilled hot dog.

http://thegourmetchilidog.com/vendors/nj/BlitzburgersNewBruns_01.htm

done the BLITZ in NORTH BRUNSWICK, 2 or 3 times now, never did the dog, will gather it up on the next trip !!! , yes tido's has new owners !!
    sk bob
    Double Chili Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 1801
    Re:tido's in his junkyard dog's, new brunswick, nj 2010/02/09 17:14:34 (permalink)
    good thing somebody understands what  dog boss is talking about
    Dog Boss
    Cheeseburger
    Re:tido's in his junkyard dog's, new brunswick, nj 2010/02/09 17:53:11 (permalink)
    sk bob

good thing somebody understands what  dog boss is talking about

why you don't ?????  lol
    DPuro329
    Cheeseburger
    • Total Posts : 406
    Re:tido's in his junkyard dog's, new brunswick, nj 2010/02/10 23:38:31 (permalink)
    I've eaten at Tido's a few times in the past and always enjoyed it. I'll have to try it next time I'm in the area.

Dave
    Jump to:
    © 2014 APG vNext Commercial Version 5.1