Sign In | Register for Free!
Restaurants Recipes Forums EatingTours Merchandise FAQ Maps Insider
Forum Themes:
Welcome !

Orlando-Mouse Food Recommendations?

Change Page: 1234 > | Showing page 1 of 4, messages 1 to 30 of 103
QFan

• Total Posts: 641
Orlando-Mouse Food Recommendations? Sun, 02/7/10 10:01 AM (permalink)
Hey Road Fooders, can anyone help me out on this? 
Mrs QFan and I will spending a couple of days at Walt Disney World later this month. I know that WDW is not exactly fertile ground for roadfood finds, as much of it is either fast food or "themed" restaurants that are pretty much run of the mill.
With that said, maybe there's a spot you've tried that would be worth going back to. There are so many choices at the many different resort properties within the Magic Kingdom that maybe, just maybe there's a good one or two?

Can you help me out ASAP? Thanks in advance! 

QFan 
Bonita Springs, FL

Mobistro

• Total Posts: 7
    Re:Orlando-Mouse Food Recommendations? Mon, 02/8/10 2:49 AM (permalink)
    There are other affordable Orlando restaurants that you can try at

leethebard

• Total Posts: 6081
      Re:Orlando-Mouse Food Recommendations? Mon, 02/8/10 8:08 AM (permalink)
      California Grill at the top of the Contemporary Hotel is actually gighly rated, and you get a great view!!!
         We actually  enjoy the buffets at many places...they're the best deal financially...onew big buffet and one lite meal and you're set for the day......Crystal Palace at the Magic Kingdom has a large selection and has some great food,

Tony Bad

Re:Orlando-Mouse Food Recommendations? Mon, 02/8/10 8:35 AM (permalink)
        Just got home from there Saturday night...My favorite for a quick and inexpensive meal is The Earl of Sandwich in downtown Disney. Pretty good sandwiches for $6. Also enjoyed the ESPN place and Big River Brewing at the Boardwalk resort area. The latter has a pretty diverse menu, while the ESPN place is mostly sandwiches and burgers. In the actual parks the only places I enjoy are some of the ones in Epcot. Have fun!

leethebard

Re:Orlando-Mouse Food Recommendations? Mon, 02/8/10 2:49 PM (permalink)
          Yes,most of the ethnic restaurants at world showcase in Epcot are great...nice sit down restaurants, and casual cafes!

TJ Jackson

• Total Posts: 4484
            Re:Orlando-Mouse Food Recommendations? Mon, 02/8/10 2:54 PM (permalink)
            In the Magic Kingdom, head for Casey's Corner for a very good and relatively inexpensive hot dog

The food at the 'Asian' place in Animal Kingdom is decent - talking the relatively inexpensive counter service side, not the sit down restaurant.

I did not find any decent grub in the Movie-themed park

One of the best steaks i have ever had is at Epcot Le Cellier - Canada section - mushroom filet w/ risotto, and the cheese soup and pretzel bread.

Without a doubt the park with the best food options is Epcot - the world part, not the front part - its not even remotely close
            <message edited by TJ Jackson on Mon, 02/8/10 3:15 PM>

PaulBPool

• Total Posts: 278
              Re:Orlando-Mouse Food Recommendations? Mon, 02/8/10 3:08 PM (permalink)
              Whenever our family went to Disney (probably 6 or 7 times in the last 20+ years), we always enjoyed dinner at the Mexican Pavillion in Epcot, the San Angel Inn. Servicable traditional mexican, decent cold drinks, and a nice atmosphere. I also agree with Earl of Sandwich, and Casey's Corner for an 'okay' dog. You're not going to eat particularly cheaply, nor really 'gourmet', but you can find acceptable food if you choose carefully. Have fun!

cavandre

• Total Posts: 1597
                Re:Orlando-Mouse Food Recommendations? Mon, 02/8/10 6:21 PM (permalink)
                Another vote for the Earl of Sandwich and also in Downtown Disney The Raglan Road Pub .

You might also want to check out http://land.allears.net/reviewpost/ which will have reviews of every restaurant on Disney Property.

On a personal note, I try to avoid eating within the Magic Kingdom if at all possible. If forced to eat there, I stick with Clancy's franks.

QFan

• Total Posts: 641
                  Re:Orlando-Mouse Food Recommendations? Mon, 02/8/10 7:49 PM (permalink)
                  Thanks fellow RF-ers! Please keep it up if others would also like to weigh in. 

QFan
                  Bonita Springs, FL

fbarrett

• Total Posts: 10
                    Re:Orlando-Mouse Food Recommendations? Mon, 02/8/10 8:39 PM (permalink)
                    We were there about a year ago and went to the Hoop-de-doo show and dinner in Fort Wilderness.  The food served was actually pretty good, better than I expected.  I was told that the restaurant next door (Trail's End I think) has the same food without the entertainment at a better price.  It looks like it is served buffet style.  Chicken, ribs, etc.  You may want to check on prices and if reservations are required.

TJ Jackson

Re:Orlando-Mouse Food Recommendations? Mon, 02/8/10 11:06 PM (permalink)
                      cavandre

avoid eating within the Magic Kingdom if at all possible. If forced to eat there, I stick with Clancy's franks.

Where is Clancy's franks?

cavandre

Re:Orlando-Mouse Food Recommendations? Tue, 02/9/10 8:16 AM (permalink)
                        TJ Jackson

cavandre

avoid eating within the Magic Kingdom if at all possible. If forced to eat there, I stick with Clancy's franks.

Where is Clancy's franks?

At the very end on Main St., on your left

TJ Jackson

Re:Orlando-Mouse Food Recommendations? Tue, 02/9/10 8:43 AM (permalink)
                          Err, thats Casey's Corner :-)

ALLGOOD

• Total Posts: 167
                            Re:Orlando-Mouse Food Recommendations? Tue, 02/9/10 9:07 AM (permalink)
                            The ABC Commissary at the movie themed park (don't know what they are calling that park now) is actually really good for breakfast and affordable.  It beat all the other breakfast options at that park and the best part was it was not crowded (it is very out of the way).

leethebard

Re:Orlando-Mouse Food Recommendations? Tue, 02/9/10 10:15 AM (permalink)
                              Actually we got a great meal at the Brown Derby Reproduction at MGM!

ALLGOOD

Re:Orlando-Mouse Food Recommendations? Tue, 02/9/10 10:25 AM (permalink)
                                I have a "don't" at MGM studios.  My family was very unimpressed with the Sci-Fi Drive In.  We ended up sitting at a picnic table in the back instead of in one of the "cars".  The "movie" they show kept looping and we saw the same scenes about 35 times.  The food was subpar and the service was very slow.  We found the food and service at the higher end Disney resort properties to be much better than anything (even high-end) at the parks.  The only exception is, of course, Epcot.  That place is awesome.

mimicooks

• Total Posts: 37
                                  Re:Orlando-Mouse Food Recommendations? Tue, 02/9/10 12:50 PM (permalink)
                                  If you like German food, the food in Germany at Epcot is good. There's a buffet, but you can also buy brats,etc. You might have trouble getting into the buffet without reservations.

leethebard

Re:Orlando-Mouse Food Recommendations? Wed, 02/10/10 1:43 AM (permalink)
                                    Again most of the ethnic restaurants at Epcot's World Showcase are great...Rose and Crown in "England" sure has the feel of an English pup,right down to the English waiters...and Alfredo's in "Italy" is as good as the one in Rome, even this Italian was satisfied.....the help at all these restaurants come from the represented country...that's the fun of the "world tour" loop around the park....It's my favorite thing to do at Disney!!!

kennyb

• Total Posts: 374
                                      Re:Orlando-Mouse Food Recommendations? Wed, 02/10/10 10:03 AM (permalink)
                                      get the fish and chips at the side of the rose and crown.

leethebard

Re:Orlando-Mouse Food Recommendations? Wed, 02/10/10 11:39 AM (permalink)
                                        Great fish and chips...admosphere inside is great...same great fish and chips...and superb British beer!

Play27

• Total Posts: 113
                                          Re:Orlando-Mouse Food Recommendations? Wed, 02/10/10 11:51 AM (permalink)
                                          I prefer to drink my way around the world at Epcot. That said the Mexican is decent. The Smoked turkey leg in MK is really good and the Pho in MK, near the castle was great! Not sure if I was really really hungry or what but it was excellent.
                                          <message edited by Play27 on Tue, 03/9/10 4:08 PM>

Grits-N-Gravy

• Total Posts: 98
                                            Re:Orlando-Mouse Food Recommendations? Wed, 02/10/10 1:23 PM (permalink)
                                            I dont eat at the parks. The reason is thats its either overpriced frozen crap...or its actually good and WAAAYYY overpriced.
                                            I will say Earl Of Sandwich in Downtown disney is good, but is not Disney.

ALLGOOD

Re:Orlando-Mouse Food Recommendations? Wed, 02/10/10 1:31 PM (permalink)
                                              Actually, if you get the add-on option of Disney Dining when booking your vacation, the food is VERY reasonable.  All your meals are prepaid.  No need to figure out either how much $$ you have left, or how much you've charged.  We found the dining plan to work great for us.  The only exception was for the lighter eater in our family (me) who rarely eats appetizers or dessert, let alone a complete entree.  (appetizers and desserts are included in the plan)

TJ Jackson

Re:Orlando-Mouse Food Recommendations? Wed, 02/10/10 2:59 PM (permalink)
                                                Disney Dining Plan (any variation) is not *always* a good deal.....doesnt work well for all folks in all situations

generally, works well if you plan on eating a LOT and going to sit-down restaurants a LOT

generally, any kids with you will want to eat fast so they can get back on the rides

also, it is not accepted for all eats nor at all eateries in Disney, even tho it is disney's own plan

also, if you are standing in line for counter service anywhere and a dining plan holder ahead of you is arguing with the cashier whether or not the fries he just purchased are a snack or a meal or if he should pay cash for these seperately - while you continue to wait - you will come to realize that it is a well-intended but poorly designed/implemented plan
                                                <message edited by TJ Jackson on Wed, 02/10/10 3:01 PM>

kennyb

• Total Posts: 374
                                                  Re:Orlando-Mouse Food Recommendations? Wed, 02/10/10 3:59 PM (permalink)
                                                  you can leave epcot thru the side entrance and walk over to the boardwalk hotel and get many more options including street carts to fancy sit down resturants. 

TJ Jackson

Re:Orlando-Mouse Food Recommendations? Wed, 02/10/10 4:27 PM (permalink)
                                                    PaulBPool

You're not going to eat particularly cheaply, nor really 'gourmet', but you can find acceptable food if you choose carefully.

Well stated.

Epcot is the exception - you can eat very good meals there - but pricey as with anywhere in the parks

oscar5933

• Total Posts: 36
                                                      Re:Orlando-Mouse Food Recommendations? Wed, 02/10/10 5:05 PM (permalink)
                                                      http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?p=33579300#post33579300
                                                      This forum is great for those heading to Disney. It shows pictures of the food in the restaurants and also tells you which restaurant so you get an idea of what you would like to order. I live in Orland and am a frequent visitor to the park.  Each park has its great spots for food and then the regular standard fare that you would get anywhere.  If you are going to do sit down meals, you definetly need to call Disney dining and make your reservations. It is hard to just walk up to a restaurant and be seated without a huge wait, reservations are a must.

Disney is fantastic, I'm sure your family with have a blast.

Greymo

• Total Posts: 3663
                                                        • Location: Marriottsville, MD
                                                        Re:Orlando-Mouse Food Recommendations? Wed, 02/10/10 5:53 PM (permalink)
                                                        f you  are on  a tight budget,  you will not be happy.  If  it does not matter what  it costs,  you  will find  great food.                                                                                                                                                                                                                                          

cavandre

• Location: Melbourne, FL
                                                          Re:Orlando-Mouse Food Recommendations? Fri, 02/12/10 8:41 AM (permalink)
                                                          oscar5933

If you are going to do sit down meals, you definetly need to call Disney dining and make your reservations. It is hard to just walk up to a restaurant and be seated without a huge wait, reservations are a must.

This is good advice for anytime of the year, but especially needed for the really busy times of the year. (e.g., spring break, July-August, Christmas-New Years). You can also use their website to make reservations. (I would not wait until I got to Orlando to make the reservations.)

http://disneyworld.disney.go.com/restaurants/ 

<message edited by cavandre on Fri, 02/12/10 9:15 AM>

Soccer862923

• Total Posts: 208
                                                            • Location: Dayton, OH
                                                            Re:Orlando-Mouse Food Recommendations? Fri, 02/12/10 8:54 AM (permalink)
                                                            The Rose and Crown in England in Epcot is quite good.

Also for a very good, if pricey brunch, the Grand Floridian has a very good one. Best Orange Juice I have ever had.

Online Bookmarks Sharing: Share/Bookmark
                                                              Change Page: 1234 > | Showing page 1 of 4, messages 1 to 30 of 103

Jump to:

Current active users

There are 0 members and 1 guests.

Icon Legend and Permission

• New Messages
                                                              • No New Messages
                                                              • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
                                                              • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
                                                              • Locked w/ New Messages
                                                              • Locked w/o New Messages
                                                              • Read Message
                                                              • Post New Thread
                                                              • Reply to message
                                                              • Post New Poll
                                                              • Submit Vote
                                                              • Post reward post
                                                              • Delete my own posts
                                                              • Delete my own threads
                                                              • Rate post

2000-2014 ASPPlayground.NET Forum Version 3.9
                                                              What is Roadfood?  |   Privacy Policy  |   Contact Roadfood.com   Copyright 2011 - Roadfood.com