Sign In | Register for Free!
Restaurants Recipes Forums EatingTours Merchandise FAQ Maps Insider
Forum Themes:
Welcome !

Orlando-Mouse Food Recommendations?

Change Page: < 1234 | Showing page 4 of 4, messages 91 to 103 of 103
TJ Jackson

• Total Posts: 4481
Re:Orlando-Mouse Food Recommendations? Wed, 04/21/10 9:18 PM (permalink)
The Travelin Man

you are arguing with the guy who recommends that people go to Bubba Gump Shrimp in New York City.

Process that for a minute.

Processed

Yeah, you're right, there's no need to argue with him further.  Those who have read his other 'statements of fact' can draw their own conclusions

saps

Both ..... have guidebooks.

Nah, not I.  Guidebooks cost money.  Money I instead spend carefully at the few decently good eateries in the Disney Parks

saps

T.J. has spent 14 days at Disney in the last 18 months. 
I, for one, am very happy for [him].

There are 4 Jacksons

3 of them dearly love Disney

The 4th does not love Disney, quite the opposite

but 

It just so happens that the 4th loves the other three, and has for that reason gone to Disney with them. 

Said another way, the 4th would prefer to be eating and vacationing elsewhere, but it isn't all about him.

The 4th still has to eat while in Disney, and wants to find the best possible food experience - which in many cases is barely above average, but is still better than the awful schlock one who does less advance research will find himself eating

The 4th knows other roadfooders are in this same boat, and tries to guide them to the better eats available, knowing that these "good for Disney" eats are still for the most part not "roadfood class" eats.

Finally, the 4th will argue that Le Cellier (in Epcot) is indeed in the Roadfood class in terms of food quality.  Cost?  Not so much.
<message edited by TJ Jackson on Wed, 04/21/10 9:34 PM>

Mosca

• Total Posts: 2929
    Re:Orlando-Mouse Food Recommendations? Wed, 04/21/10 11:30 PM (permalink)
    I go to Dis because I dunno, it's something to do? Gets me out of the house? This time I've decided to take the big camera and I want to get some fireworks shots, we have a theme park view room at the Grand Floridian. Mrs Mosca and her sister won't stay anywhere else, my compromise is that if they want to spend that money, fine, but it means we can only go every other year. And I think I can get some nice shots elsewhere, too. And the new Harry Potter is at Islands of Adventure; that will be pretty cool, I think.

I like some of the rides. It's not a food destination for me, either. But if there are two places to pick from, I want to know if one is better than the other.

Once when we were in Manhattan, I ate at an Olive Garden, in the middle of Times Square. It is forever a source of shame, that I was in THE RESTAURANT CAPITAL OF THE FREAKIN' WORLD and ate at (insert horrible curse word here) OLIVE GARDEN. I tell people about it because I have to; it is my scar.

billyboy

• Total Posts: 2363
      Re:Orlando-Mouse Food Recommendations? Thu, 05/20/10 10:39 PM (permalink)
      Wesleyman, that desert at Le Cellier looks fantastic.  I wish we could have made it there for dinner. 

05/20/10 - Just a thread bump.  I finally finished the write-ups for the remainder of the trip above this post.  Enjoy!!

leethebard

• Total Posts: 6070
        Re:Orlando-Mouse Food Recommendations? Fri, 05/21/10 7:44 AM (permalink)
        Oh such righteous people here.....Roadfood,,,roadfood...I recommended Bubba Gump for the view...my kids love it...the food was enjoyable...sorry if the holier than thou roadfooders would rather put down...great food, no....but boy haven't we all had crappy food at a roadfood site, too...I've had better chain food than similar food at road food places more times than I should admit...but it's a fact of life.......As someone pointed out in another thread, some people around here, just like to attack...we all have standards...I won't eat chain pizza.....but I enjoy 5 Guys burgers and In N Out burgers...I'm Italian and make all our family recipes, but I've eaten in an Olive Garden and survived without telling the packed house they wouldn't know good pasta if they tasted it......Roadfood comes in all shapes sizes, and tastes, and someday people will all learn your opinion..is just that, your opinion,,,,,so yes, take my opinion from a"guy who recommends Bubba Gump".....I've been to Disney often and I too have opinions, as you all do......This forum is for sharing.......sorry I've babbled........LOve most of you guys.......relax!!! Hate ketchup on a hotdog...it's an opinion, not an error of life.......I love travelling...love exploring new roadfood sites.....but I've learned(and keep learning) to disagree with dignity......If you've never experienced the fun of the Bubba Gump view of the crowds in Times Square on a busy New York day, try it, especially with kids...great view, pasabl;e food.....better, of course, but no better view in the area for the price.....so call me opinionated as you throw in your own opinions....Check out my nearly 5,000 posts...many wonderful roadfooders have agreed with me often....again thanks for listening !!
        <message edited by leethebard on Fri, 05/21/10 7:54 AM>

leethebard

Re:Orlando-Mouse Food Recommendations? Fri, 05/21/10 7:59 AM (permalink)
          saps

T.J. has spent 14 days at Disney in the last 18 months. 

Leethebard has spent "weeks and weeks at Disney, often in 10-11 day spurts". 

Both do research and have guidebooks.

I, for one, am very happy for them.

And these are the fair great roadfooders I talk about.....thanks Saps for knowing what this site is all about!!!

TJ Jackson

Re:Orlando-Mouse Food Recommendations? Fri, 05/21/10 10:16 AM (permalink)
            leethebard

Roadfood,,,roadfood...I recommended Bubba Gump for the view

I dont believe that the forum rules have any requirement that one limit the amount of damage one does to ones own credibility.  So by all means, continue.  

leethebard

Check out my nearly 5,000 posts

No doubt, you've written a lot of posts.  You value quantity over other measures some might value more.  Got it.
            <message edited by TJ Jackson on Fri, 05/21/10 10:39 AM>

billyboy

• Total Posts: 2363
              Re:Orlando-Mouse Food Recommendations? Fri, 05/21/10 10:44 AM (permalink)
              TJ, I don't know that it damages lee's credibility, it's just a difference of opinion.  If someone came on to the site and posted about nothing but chains, I probably wouldn't have much faith in their ability (or interest) in finding good Roadfood.  But lee has been posting here for a long time and has made many good recs over the years.  And he does see Bubba Gump's for what it is (so-so food, more about the experience of overlooking Times Square).  I know I've posted about places in the city that either are on the bubble of is-it-or is-it-not Roadfood and regionally incorrect places that have arched a brow with more than a few Roadfooders.  I still stand by them as places worthy of checking out if travelling to the city.

BillyB

• Total Posts: 2851
                Re:Orlando-Mouse Food Recommendations? Fri, 05/21/10 11:12 AM (permalink)
                Maybe I'll start a site called "Chains are us" places you have to eat because there are no other places, and your kids don't know any better.............Roadfood.com gives people a chance of a food experience, my site would be a place to eat, just to survive.........Billyb

TJ Jackson

Re:Orlando-Mouse Food Recommendations? Fri, 05/21/10 11:25 AM (permalink)
                  BillyB

Maybe I'll start a site called "Chains are us" places you have to eat because there are no other places

When you start putting in content for this new website, I recommend you exclude Bubba Gump's Shrimp in Times Square NYC on the basis that there are hundreds of other (and better) eateries within easy walking distance, and ergo it does not meet your "there are no other places" criteria

leethebard

Re:Orlando-Mouse Food Recommendations? Fri, 05/21/10 12:11 PM (permalink)
                    Thanks billyboy for some anti snobbery here.....There are many things that go into a great dining experience along the roadways of America.....In my over 6 decades I've eaten in many places around the world.....a hot dog on a park bench with a view of the lit up Eiffel Tower can be a great eating experience, great food, maybe not....I've also had crappy meals in some of the World's supposed great eateries.Bubba Gump and it's second floor wall of glass view over looking Times Square is a great place for a few drinks and a simple lunch...haven't eaten in any other of their locations,but the food was passible, if not great...but it was fun...people watching in NYC....and not too many other places can give you that view, certainly not at that price.....I'm glad some people here have started a nice campaign to save the world from chains.....
                         All I'm saying is your view is just that, and no more valid than the next guys....I hate Pizza Hut, but if you like their pizza,enjoy...I disagree, but it's your mouth and stomach,I won't fault you or put you down for going there.....too many people here confuse opinion with fact......are there better places to eat than Bubba Gump in NYC,,,,,thousands, and in my 64 years I"ve eaten in many, many.....but for a fun view of NYC humanity in bustling Timers Square,few are more fun for a family  in NYC than Bubba.......It's an opinion, and I'm wise enough to know that..

Mosca

• Total Posts: 2929
                      Re:Orlando-Mouse Food Recommendations? Fri, 05/21/10 1:50 PM (permalink)

Of course we play nice here!

BillyB

• Total Posts: 2851
                        Re:Orlando-Mouse Food Recommendations? Fri, 05/21/10 2:39 PM (permalink)
                        TJ Jackson

BillyB

Maybe I'll start a site called "Chains are us" places you have to eat because there are no other places

When you start putting in content for this new website, I recommend you exclude Bubba Gump's Shrimp in Times Square NYC on the basis that there are hundreds of other (and better) eateries within easy walking distance, and ergo it does not meet your "there are no other places" criteria

TJ, Just think of the foods they would be missing............

leethebard

Re:Orlando-Mouse Food Recommendations? Fri, 05/21/10 3:15 PM (permalink)

Online Bookmarks Sharing: Share/Bookmark
                            Change Page: < 1234 | Showing page 4 of 4, messages 91 to 103 of 103

Jump to:

Current active users

There are 0 members and 1 guests.

Icon Legend and Permission

• New Messages
                            • No New Messages
                            • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
                            • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
                            • Locked w/ New Messages
                            • Locked w/o New Messages
                            • Read Message
                            • Post New Thread
                            • Reply to message
                            • Post New Poll
                            • Submit Vote
                            • Post reward post
                            • Delete my own posts
                            • Delete my own threads
                            • Rate post

2000-2014 ASPPlayground.NET Forum Version 3.9
                            What is Roadfood?  |   Privacy Policy  |   Contact Roadfood.com   Copyright 2011 - Roadfood.com