The most memorable local eateries along the highways and back roads of America
Sign In | Register for Free!
Restaurants Recipes Forums EatingTours Merchandise FAQ Maps Insider
Forum Themes:
Welcome !

Peter Luger steak sauce

DLnWPBrown

• Total Posts: 832
Peter Luger steak sauce Tue, 10/26/04 3:41 PM (permalink)
Hi all,

I just got back from Fresh Market with my newest find which ihs Peter Luger Steak Sauce. FM must have just started carrying this in our market as I had not noticed it before. It was located in the coller section beside the dairy priducts along with some other new items including Devon double heavy cream and Devon canned Custard.

I have 2 very nice Angus ribeyes in the fridge ( seasoned and vacuum bagged with our own personal unit ) that I think will be perfect to try out with PL's sauce tonight.

Dennis in Cary

BaconBits

• Total Posts: 71
    RE: Peter Luger steak sauce Tue, 10/26/04 3:44 PM (permalink)
    I suggest using the sauce on a salad made only of sliced Beefsteak tomatoes and sliced Vidalia onion. Simple and awesome.

Spudnut

• Total Posts: 655
      RE: Peter Luger steak sauce Tue, 10/26/04 3:49 PM (permalink)
      quote:
      Originally posted by BaconBits

I suggest using the sauce on a salad made only of sliced Beefsteak tomatoes and sliced Vidalia onion. Simple and awesome.

Took the words out of my mouth. I'm not much on using steak sauce on steaks, but Luger's sauce is perfect on BaconBits' salad recommendation.

DLnWPBrown

RE: Peter Luger steak sauce Tue, 10/26/04 3:49 PM (permalink)
        LOL, you'd think I would read through what I typed before hitting send ......... can't spell worth a lick today.

RubyRose

• Total Posts: 2187
          RE: Peter Luger steak sauce Tue, 10/26/04 3:53 PM (permalink)
          I just saw it for the first time in the packaged steak section of Wegman's grocery store this week too.

mayor al

• Total Posts: 15076
            • Roadfood Insider
            RE: Peter Luger steak sauce Tue, 10/26/04 3:58 PM (permalink)
            How does it look/taste/smell / Tomato based? Smokie? Vinegar? Tell us about it!! Considering the general trend of the Sauce It or Don't Sauce It threads, i will be interested in hearing about the quality and uses for this "Upscale" sauce.

DLnWPBrown

RE: Peter Luger steak sauce Thu, 11/4/04 7:58 PM (permalink)
              Al,
              It reminded me alot of a cross between a cocktail sauce and a tomato based steak sauce..... VERY good on my rib eye. I just bought some collosal shrimp from my local Lowes grocery store and plan on grilling them and using the steak sauce for a dip.

Dennis in Cary

mike g

• Total Posts: 2
                RE: Peter Luger steak sauce Wed, 11/17/04 10:15 PM (permalink)
                The whole thing with Peter Luger steak sauce is that at Peter Luger's you don't put it on steak! Steak at Peter Luger is always eaten unadorned of anything but the juices from the serving dish. The steak sauce is mostly used on their traditional sliced tomato/onion appetizer. I have seen my boss cringe when a client from out of town douses his steak with the steak sauce at PL's.

UncleVic

• Total Posts: 6025
                  • Roadfood Insider
                  RE: Peter Luger steak sauce Wed, 11/17/04 10:52 PM (permalink)
                  I'm normally an A-1 kind of guy for my steaks, but come this weekend when I go and search for some Bertmans Mustard, I'll put Pete's Sauce on my list also! (Plan on having one last porterhouse before all the snow flies here next week... I'll have porterhouses in the snow, just that last one before it all flies is special!)...

Richfon

• Total Posts: 3
                    Re:Peter Luger steak sauce Mon, 07/4/11 8:56 AM (permalink)
                    I've been using Luger sauce since they first came out. I would use it with beef, chicken and fish. It's versatile enough to use when cooking BBQ. If you want to try and please guests by catering your next event try Hot Roast Beef sliced thin into a mixing bowl with Luger sauce. Take the marinated beef and place on top of a bed of lettuce which should be on the lower half of an Italian or French bread. Cover with a sliced cheese of choice and sliced tomato then cover with bread top. I guarantee your guests are coming back for seconds.

sk bob

• Total Posts: 1801
                      Re:Peter Luger steak sauce Mon, 07/4/11 12:06 PM (permalink)
                      if you look at the bottle it says either Peter Luger Steak House sauce or Peter Lugers Sauce. not steak sauce.
                      but to each his own. its not against the law to put it on your steak.

MiamiDon

Re:Peter Luger steak sauce Mon, 07/4/11 12:46 PM (permalink)
                        From the Peter Luger web site:

"This is the best. Their own steak sauce is not only great on steak, but also served on slabs of red ripe tomatoes. You can't do without this. They only began selling their sauce after customers begged. We love this sauce on hamburgers. We love it on chicken.  The taste is somewhere between cocktail sauce - it's spicy with horseradish and traditional steak sauce - being a rich brown color. The sauce is fat-free. It tastes so good you won't mind."

Online Bookmarks Sharing: Share/Bookmark

Jump to:

Current active users

There are 0 members and 1 guests.

Icon Legend and Permission

• New Messages
                          • No New Messages
                          • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
                          • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
                          • Locked w/ New Messages
                          • Locked w/o New Messages
                          • Read Message
                          • Post New Thread
                          • Reply to message
                          • Post New Poll
                          • Submit Vote
                          • Post reward post
                          • Delete my own posts
                          • Delete my own threads
                          • Rate post

2000-2014 ASPPlayground.NET Forum Version 3.9
                          What is Roadfood?  |   Privacy Policy  |   Contact Roadfood.com   Copyright 2011 - Roadfood.com