Sign In | Register for Free!
Restaurants Recipes Forums EatingTours Merchandise FAQ Maps Insider
Forum Themes:
Welcome !

Best BBQ Sauce?

Change Page: 123 > | Showing page 1 of 3, messages 1 to 30 of 88
brightcopperkettles

• Total Posts: 200
Best BBQ Sauce? Thu, 10/6/05 9:10 PM (permalink)
What is your absolute favorite BBQ sauce to slap on just about any kind of meat? I am looking for ready made as well as recipes.

BuddyRoadhouse

• Total Posts: 4086
    RE: Best BBQ Sauce? Thu, 10/6/05 9:51 PM (permalink)
    I have avoided the blatant plug rule for 132 posts. I respect the rules and the ethics of this site, and under normal circumstances would not even be tempted to mention my products. However, when a softball like this one gets lobbed my way, I just got to take a swing:

Roadhouse Bar-B-Que Sauce is the one to try. Our sauces have been voted the People's Choice three years in a row (1993, '94, '95) at the American Royal. We named "Best Barbecue Salsa on the Planet" in 1997, also at the Royal. Our "Hot & Spicy" recipe was named one of America's 10 best barbecue sauces in a July, 2002 Family Circle article. Reader's Digest May, 2004 issue focusing on America's 100 Best Products, named our "Hot & Spicy" recipe as THE best barbecue sauce in the country. We've got four different varieties available at most "upscale" stores throughout the Midwest. If you can't find it at any stores near you, try www.olbro.com, one of our mail order distributors.

I'd say more but I don't want to abuse the privilege of discussing my sauces here. Thank you for your tolerance.

Sandy Eggo

• Total Posts: 226
      RE: Best BBQ Sauce? Thu, 10/6/05 11:38 PM (permalink)
      The best BBQ sause I have ever had was made by a guy I worked with years ago name Nate. Nate was a BBQ expert and he would collect money from his work buddies for beef or pork ribs and then make them on Friday. He would make the sauce in his kitchen and he would not let anyone watch. He would not give out the receipe. he would not answer the door when he was in the kitchen. He was real secrative about it. But it was the best I can recall.

BTW, Nate was a "Jig & Fixture Builder" for aircraft. He's on the road with his roll-a-way full of tools and his kitchen full of spices. If you know Nate, please send him a hello and tell him I need some BBQ sauce.

V960

• Total Posts: 2429
        RE: Best BBQ Sauce? Fri, 10/7/05 8:10 AM (permalink)
        Stamey's hot sauce, only available at the restaurant in Greensboro, NC. Eveery shoulder that comes off my pit is basted with Stamey's good stuff.

RIDEANDSLIDEFOOD

• Total Posts: 191
          RE: Best BBQ Sauce? Fri, 10/7/05 8:22 AM (permalink)
          Hello

AS far as store sauce and i have tried them all SWEET BABY RAYS ORIGINAL is top of the hill!

hope you try it JIM

PaulBPool

• Total Posts: 278
            RE: Best BBQ Sauce? Fri, 10/7/05 9:13 AM (permalink)
            My favorite sauce depends on the kind of bbq I'm working on. For most of my ribs and shish-ka-bobs, I like Stubbs original - and if it's just for me and my boys, I like his "spicy".
            When I'm doing "Carolina style", I make up my own mustard/vinegar based concoction, which I call "The Stuff". Since the "recipe" for this makes about 12 quarts, I always have spare to give to friends, and it always gets raves, and I have people calling me asking when I'm gonna make another batch of "that stuff" - which is where the name comes from!

pineyhill

• Total Posts: 88
              RE: Best BBQ Sauce? Fri, 10/7/05 9:18 AM (permalink)
              I agree that Sweet Baby Ray's is good BBQ sauce.

Tom-Fl

• Total Posts: 74
                RE: Best BBQ Sauce? Fri, 10/7/05 9:19 AM (permalink)
                Here is the site of cookteams ,for cookteams,by a cookteam.

http://www.hawgeyesbbq.com/BBQ-Sauces.html

There are several on here that might be found in many teams' seasoning kits.

Ask for Mike,and he can probably steer you.

Tom

RibDog

• Total Posts: 593
                  RE: Best BBQ Sauce? Fri, 10/7/05 9:21 AM (permalink)
                  I think Tom meant to put in a link which would have been:

www.hawgeyesbbq.com

John

Tom-Fl

• Total Posts: 74
                    RE: Best BBQ Sauce? Fri, 10/7/05 9:29 AM (permalink)
                    Thanks,senior moment.

Tom

tiki

• Total Posts: 4135
                      RE: Best BBQ Sauce? Fri, 10/7/05 10:31 AM (permalink)
                      Off the shelf----Head Country!--i like the spicy,but most folks o know go for the regular. Homemade---MINE! and ots secret so dont ask1

Cosmos

• Total Posts: 1448
                        RE: Best BBQ Sauce? Fri, 10/7/05 1:29 PM (permalink)
                        You all know my answer...Dinosaur Sensuous Slathering Sauce...

https://dinosaurbarbque.com/store/merchant.mvc?Screen=CTGY&Store_Code=DS&Category_Code=Sauces

brightcopperkettles

RE: Best BBQ Sauce? Fri, 10/7/05 8:35 PM (permalink)
                          WOW!!! I'm going to have to clear out a shelf in my pantry just to stock up on all these great sauces! The next question will be which one to try first!

Thanks, everybody! I just love the folks on this board....nobody ever seems to have an opinion on anything. ;-)

Sandy Eggo

• Total Posts: 226
                            RE: Best BBQ Sauce? Fri, 10/7/05 8:53 PM (permalink)
                            Actaully, my favorite sauce is from Chris & Pitts. A SoCal thing so in local stores.

RibDog

• Total Posts: 593
                              RE: Best BBQ Sauce? Fri, 10/7/05 10:20 PM (permalink)
                              I have to agree with Tiki on HC. That is one of my regular table sauces. I got a chance to tour the plant out in Ponca City when I was at Cookshack for a cooking class. Of which Paul Schatte of HC was one of the two instructors. Fantastic time!

John

Sanibelle

• Total Posts: 16
                                RE: Best BBQ Sauce? Tue, 10/11/05 11:27 PM (permalink)
                                The best recipe is from Craig Claiborne's International cookbook in the U.S. section. It is easy to prepare and just a touch hot. It is a good consistency for basting food on a grill.

BelleReve

• Total Posts: 1138
                                  RE: Best BBQ Sauce? Wed, 10/12/05 12:30 PM (permalink)
                                  This may be too regional, but I like Jack Miller's from Ville Platte, LA. Here's their web for recipes: www.jackmillers.com.

We do a shrimp kabob using jumbo shrimp and veggies, and a basting sauce of 1/2 butter and 1/2 jack miller's.

Scorereader

• Total Posts: 5546
                                    RE: Best BBQ Sauce? Wed, 10/12/05 12:42 PM (permalink)
                                    Cosmos, I'm with you on the Dinosaur sauce.
                                    But, the sauce is a little thin, so I think the dinosaur rub is muy importante to a good dinosaur flavored BBQ.
                                    After the rub, then slather slather slather!

great on ribs, pulled pork and for making BBQ baked beans with grandma brown's baked beans.

Michael Stern

RE: Best BBQ Sauce? Wed, 10/12/05 1:20 PM (permalink)
                                      Cast my vote for Roadhouse!

BuddyRoadhouse

RE: Best BBQ Sauce? Wed, 10/12/05 7:33 PM (permalink)
                                        A discreet thank you, Michael.

XOXO,

Buddy

Bushie

• Total Posts: 2902
                                          RE: Best BBQ Sauce? Wed, 10/12/05 8:11 PM (permalink)
                                          My all-around favorite bottled sauce is still Stubb's (Original).

I've tried Sweet Baby Ray's and Head Country (3 different flavors) at the recommendation of people on this site, and I'm sorry, but y'all can have it...

I also like, in no particular order (and each serves it's own different purpose), Arthur Bryant's, Salt Lick, and Gates.
                                          ------

Whoops, just remembered an AWESOME one. A couple of Christmas's ago, ocdreamr sent me a jar of McCutcheon's Apple Butter BBQ Sauce. It reminded me of a sauce I used to love back in Missouri, and it was perfectly delicious.

I first used it with a boston butt I had smoked, but my really proud moment was with some chicken I smoked with hickory. My daughter, who is really picky, took one bite and almost achieved ******. So, I also highly recommend McCutcheon's.

MikeS.

• Total Posts: 5360
                                            • Roadfood Insider
                                            RE: Best BBQ Sauce? Fri, 10/14/05 5:14 AM (permalink)
                                            For chicken I like KCMasterpiece. For pork shoulder I like Stubb's and for ribs I use Uncle Dave's sauce/glaze.

Uncle Dave is PP's brother si it is another of those old family secret receipes that only Duke and I know. :) Oh yeah, Duke isn't talking.

MikeS.

ak203

• Total Posts: 7
                                              RE: Best BBQ Sauce? Fri, 10/14/05 5:47 AM (permalink)
                                              Your olbro.com link doesn't work for some reason. Is it correct?

Thanks
                                              quote:
                                              Originally posted by BuddyRoadhouse

I have avoided the blatant plug rule for 132 posts. I respect the rules and the ethics of this site, and under normal circumstances would not even be tempted to mention my products. However, when a softball like this one gets lobbed my way, I just got to take a swing:

Roadhouse Bar-B-Que Sauce is the one to try. Our sauces have been voted the People's Choice three years in a row (1993, '94, '95) at the American Royal. We named "Best Barbecue Salsa on the Planet" in 1997, also at the Royal. Our "Hot & Spicy" recipe was named one of America's 10 best barbecue sauces in a July, 2002 Family Circle article. Reader's Digest May, 2004 issue focusing on America's 100 Best Products, named our "Hot & Spicy" recipe as THE best barbecue sauce in the country. We've got four different varieties available at most "upscale" stores throughout the Midwest. If you can't find it at any stores near you, try www.olbro.com, one of our mail order distributors.

I'd say more but I don't want to abuse the privilege of discussing my sauces here. Thank you for your tolerance.

Theedge

• Total Posts: 1196
                                                RE: Best BBQ Sauce? Fri, 10/14/05 11:11 AM (permalink)
                                                Try this link ak203. I think I'll order some up as well, maybe try some of the other hot sauces.

[url]www.saucestore.com[/url]

V960

• Total Posts: 2429
                                                  • Location: Kannapolis area, NC
                                                  RE: Best BBQ Sauce? Fri, 10/14/05 11:41 AM (permalink)
                                                  Hard to call it a bbq sauce w/ a straight face but RO's from Gastonia, NC

Traditional sauce would be from Stamey's in Greensboro, NC...only sold at the one location.

berndog

• Total Posts: 674
                                                    RE: Best BBQ Sauce? Fri, 10/14/05 11:59 AM (permalink)
                                                    I'll second Cosmos' choice. For a packaged BBQ sauce, my favorite is Dinosaur BBQ's Sensuous Slathering Sauce.

BuddyRoadhouse

• Location: Des Plaines, IL
                                                      RE: Best BBQ Sauce? Fri, 10/14/05 8:19 PM (permalink)
                                                      quote:
                                                      Originally posted by ak203

Your olbro.com link doesn't work for some reason. Is it correct?

Thanks

quote:
                                                      Originally posted by BuddyRoadhouse

Yeah, I don't know what the deal is here. It didn't work for me either after I posted. If you go up to your address line and type it in yourself, it should work fine.

brightcopperkettles

RE: Best BBQ Sauce? Mon, 11/14/05 5:30 PM (permalink)
                                                        BuddyRoadhouse,
                                                        I was going to try some Roadhouse BBQ sauce from the link you posted, but the shipping is more than the sauce is. Is there a grocery store that carries this?

Theedge

• Total Posts: 1196
                                                          RE: Best BBQ Sauce? Mon, 11/14/05 5:38 PM (permalink)
                                                          brightcopper - just spend more! When I order off the net I check with people around the office to see if anyone wants anything, saves on the shipping. I was in back one day and saw three boxes come in from Amazon, all for different people, now I check with everyone.

Sundancer7

RE: Best BBQ Sauce? Mon, 11/14/05 5:52 PM (permalink)
                                                            I bought a quart of the Dreamland BBQ sauce for the Glee Club meeting in February. I rank Dreamland in the top three BBQ places in the USA. Their sauce in tangy and a little warm.

Some lucky person will take this home when we meet at the Moonlite.;

Paul E. smith
                                                            Knoxville, TN

Online Bookmarks Sharing: Share/Bookmark
                                                              Change Page: 123 > | Showing page 1 of 3, messages 1 to 30 of 88

Jump to:

Current active users

There are 0 members and 2 guests.

Icon Legend and Permission

• New Messages
                                                              • No New Messages
                                                              • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
                                                              • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
                                                              • Locked w/ New Messages
                                                              • Locked w/o New Messages
                                                              • Read Message
                                                              • Post New Thread
                                                              • Reply to message
                                                              • Post New Poll
                                                              • Submit Vote
                                                              • Post reward post
                                                              • Delete my own posts
                                                              • Delete my own threads
                                                              • Rate post

2000-2014 ASPPlayground.NET Forum Version 3.9
                                                              What is Roadfood?  |   Privacy Policy  |   Contact Roadfood.com   Copyright 2011 - Roadfood.com