The most memorable local eateries along the highways and back roads of America
Sign In | Register for Free!
Restaurants Recipes Forums EatingTours Merchandise FAQ Maps Insider

Favorite Fast Food Menu Items Discontinued

Change Page: << < ..11 | Showing page 11 of 11, messages 301 to 305 of 305
Bonk

• Total Posts: 503
Re:Favorite Fast Food Menu Items Discontinued Tue, 08/27/13 7:57 PM (permalink)
GML

I just spent some time reading through this thread after stumbling upon it while looking for vintage signs.  The mention of the Yumbo has me wondering if I remember that or not.  I definitely miss the Wendy's Salad Bar.
This probably belongs in another thread, but what I really miss are the old slogans/logos/signs of restaurants:
Wendy's is transitioning away from their "Classic Old Fashioned Hamburgers, Quality is our Recipe" signs to a bland font that simply says, "Wendy's".
Arby's used to have those distinctive huge cowboy hats with blinking lights at night, along with the slogan, "Arby's Roast Beef Sandwich is Delicious".
Kentucky Fried Chicken calls itself KFC, and has removed most of the buckets from it's signage, and no longer uses, the wonderful slogan, "Finger lickin' Good!"
Even McDonald's is downplaying it's Golden Arches on the new stores.  Very bizarre.
It's sad to me, and a big mistake to make such drastic changes to icons like that.  I know younger people are in charge now, and change is inevitable, especially when $ isn't coming in fast enough; but menu tweaks and new advertising strategies seem a better way to go than erasing the face of the brand. 

Good point.

On the flip side of that, I saw a Popeye's commercial last night and it finished with the same "Love that chicken at Popeye's" jingle they've used since as long as I can remember. At least 30 years.

ChrisOC

• Total Posts: 900
    Re:Favorite Fast Food Menu Items Discontinued Tue, 08/27/13 8:33 PM (permalink)
    I probably said this before but too many pages to look through.
    I still miss the Gino Giant

Michael Hoffman

• Total Posts: 17801
      Re:Favorite Fast Food Menu Items Discontinued Tue, 08/27/13 9:11 PM (permalink)
      I miss the baked beans at White Tower. Of course, I miss White Tower, too.

rmcielwain

• Total Posts: 607
        Re:Favorite Fast Food Menu Items Discontinued Wed, 08/28/13 10:03 AM (permalink)
        Hardees: the Big Twin
        Pizza Hut: our original location in a shopping center in 1980 -- small, intimate.
        K-Mart (in Canada): the fish & chips plate (even though there was still a small
        bone or two) including the french fries with gravy, veggie & roll -- yum!
        Wards:  They did have some good cheeseburgers back in their snack bar in the
        early 1970s!
        The new McDonald's just opened, but they still kept the golden arches sign from the old 1982 building.

bartl

• Total Posts: 1208
          Re:Favorite Fast Food Menu Items Discontinued Thu, 08/29/13 11:19 AM (permalink)
          Look for a new thread on fast food/chain advertising campaigns...

Bart

Online Bookmarks Sharing: Share/Bookmark
            Change Page: << < ..11 | Showing page 11 of 11, messages 301 to 305 of 305

Jump to:

Current active users

There are 0 members and 2 guests.

Icon Legend and Permission

• New Messages
            • No New Messages
            • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
            • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
            • Locked w/ New Messages
            • Locked w/o New Messages
            • Read Message
            • Post New Thread
            • Reply to message
            • Post New Poll
            • Submit Vote
            • Post reward post
            • Delete my own posts
            • Delete my own threads
            • Rate post

2000-2014 ASPPlayground.NET Forum Version 3.9
            What is Roadfood?  |   Privacy Policy  |   Contact Roadfood.com   Copyright 2011 - Roadfood.com