The most memorable local eateries along the highways and back roads of America
Sign In | Register for Free!
Restaurants Recipes Forums EatingTours Merchandise FAQ Maps Insider

Chick-fil-A

Change Page: < 123 | Showing page 3 of 3, messages 61 to 90 of 90
jman

• Total Posts: 1276
RE: Chick-fil-A Thu, 02/13/14 8:07 PM (permalink)
JayL

I don't like their food either. 

Know a restaurant that has a "Chick Fillet" sandwich on their menu?  If Chick-Fil-A finds out, their legal department will talk ugly and make all sorts of threats to them until they change their menu.  You can't even say or spell Chick Fillet because it sounds like Chick-Fil-A.  Not exactly Christian-like.

Did you give any real thought to your post before you hit "Post"? How do you know that their legal department will "talk ugly about them"? Should Christians just ignore  laws that are meant to protect trademarks? Why would a restaurant call their Chicken Filet Sandwich "Chick Filet" unless they were trying to mislead? It sounds like to me that you've got a problem that the owner is a Christian and not that a company will use the law to protect their trademark.

Texascajun

• Total Posts: 115
    RE: Chick-fil-A Thu, 02/13/14 11:38 PM (permalink)
    I really like Chick-Fil-A as do my kids especially the nuggets. I guess different tastes for different people. The prices are a little higher than some fast food places but not much. Every Chick-Fil-A I've been in has been really clean and the employees were super nice and professional. I never think about their beliefs.  

JayL

• Total Posts: 213
      RE: Chick-fil-A Thu, 02/13/14 11:49 PM (permalink)
      jman

Did you give any real thought to your post before you hit "Post"? How do you know that their legal department will "talk ugly about them"? Should Christians just ignore  laws that are meant to protect trademarks? Why would a restaurant call their Chicken Filet Sandwich "Chick Filet" unless they were trying to mislead? It sounds like to me that you've got a problem that the owner is a Christian and not that a company will use the law to protect their trademark.

You assume way too much. 

eruby

• Total Posts: 585
        • Roadfood Insider
        RE: Chick-fil-A Fri, 02/14/14 10:22 AM (permalink)
        Texascajun

I really like Chick-Fil-A as do my kids especially the nuggets. I guess different tastes for different people. The prices are a little higher than some fast food places but not much. Every Chick-Fil-A I've been in has been really clean and the employees were super nice and professional. I never think about their beliefs.  
        I agree 100% with this post.

The one by me is very generous in the community with freebies, gift certificates, car washes and the like.

Pancho

• Total Posts: 915
          RE: Chick-fil-A Fri, 02/14/14 10:39 AM (permalink)
          eruby

Texascajun

I agree 100% with this post.

The one by me is very generous in the community with freebies, gift certificates, car washes and the like.

Do you like them this much?
          http://sfist.com/2012/11/...cs_camp_out_overni.php

jman

RE: Chick-fil-A Fri, 02/14/14 11:26 AM (permalink)
            JayL

jman

You assume way too much. 

I assumed nothing. I only responded to your post that doesn't seem to be based on any factual info but rather your imagination. You questioned what a "real" Christian should do if someone infringes on their Trademark.  Was it Christian-like when a bunch of self-centered idiots protested at Chick-fil-A because the principal stockholder expressed his support of traditional marriage and the Company responded by giving the protestors free refreshments while they interfered with its business operations?

Instead of using conjecture and then questioning someone's Christianity just because they would use the law of the land to defend their Trademark, maybe you should have refrained from posting foolish rhetoric.
            <message edited by jman on Fri, 02/14/14 2:23 PM>

Greymo

• Total Posts: 3662
              RE: Chick-fil-A Fri, 02/14/14 11:41 AM (permalink)
              I agree!

rumaki

• Total Posts: 967
                RE: Chick-fil-A Fri, 02/14/14 12:38 PM (permalink)
                Here's what Chick-Fil-A actually says about its Trademark: http://www.chick-fil-a.com/legal  This is pretty standard stuff.

And here's an actual trademark case it is (or was) litigating:http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/04/23/eat-more-kale-tshirt-comp_n_3141407.html

http://finance.yahoo.com/blogs/the-exchange/eat-more-kale-company-losing-against-chick-fil-212157027.html

I teach and used to practice media law, but I'm not an intellectual property or patent and trademark attorney.  So I take no position on the merits of the case.  But it is certainly true that the owners of trademarks must aggressively pursue those who they think infringe upon them, or risk "dilution" ot the trademark. 
                 http://www.forbes.com/sites/oliverherzfeld/2013/02/28/failure-to-enforce-trademarks-if-you-snooze-do-you-lose/  

JayL

• Total Posts: 213
                  RE: Chick-fil-A Fri, 02/14/14 3:55 PM (permalink)
                  jman

I assumed nothing. I only responded to your post that doesn't seem to be based on any factual info but rather your imagination. You questioned what a "real" Christian should do if someone infringes on their Trademark.  Was it Christian-like when a bunch of self-centered idiots protested at Chick-fil-A because the principal stockholder expressed his support of traditional marriage and the Company responded by giving the protestors free refreshments while they interfered with its business operations?

Instead of using conjecture and then questioning someone's Christianity just because they would use the law of the land to defend their Trademark, maybe you should have refrained from posting foolish rhetoric.

I appreciate your comments. 

You're most kind.

gostillerz

• Total Posts: 218
                    RE: Chick-fil-A Sat, 02/15/14 5:31 PM (permalink)
                    They serve very good food at reasonable prices. The restaurants are always clean, the employees are friendly. While I agree with their beliefs, they could be Satanists or worship picnic benches, and I'd still go there because I like their food.

tkitna

• Total Posts: 620
                      RE: Chick-fil-A Tue, 02/18/14 2:53 AM (permalink)
                      I agree with their beliefs also and the foods pretty good. The closest location is about 45 minutes away though and i've only been there once.

the grillman

• Total Posts: 624
                        RE: Chick-fil-A Tue, 02/18/14 8:26 PM (permalink)
                        As a general rule, I'm not much of a fast food person; will do a McDonald's Egg McMuffin very occasionally; haven't really been to a BK, Wendy's, etc, in sometime.

I make exceptions for both ChickFilA and Culver's; their food is always fresh, seems made to order and tasty; and their places are spotless, and the employees always friendly. 

McDonald's in particular could take lessons on how to hire and train good employees the way that ChickFilA does...as well as how to keep a place clean, smile, and talk without mumbling.    I always feel welcome in both ChickFilA and Culver's; rarely so in other FF places.   I do respect their beliefs, although it would be nice to be able to go there on Sunday after church with the kids for lunch....kind of an ironic statement, isn't it, given they aren't open on Sundays?

In ChickFilA, I usually get a grilled chicken sandwich with either the soup or carrot salad as sides; all are always good.  The diet lemonade is great, too. 

eruby

• Total Posts: 585
                          • Location: Carroll County, People's Republic of Maryland
                          • Roadfood Insider
                          RE: Chick-fil-A Fri, 03/14/14 8:12 AM (permalink)
                          Truett Cathy, founder of Chik-fil-A, is 93 today.

Happy Birthday sir!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/S._Truett_Cathy

MellowRoast

• Total Posts: 1931
                            RE: Chick-fil-A Fri, 03/14/14 8:26 AM (permalink)
                            My hat is off to Mr. Cathy.  What an amazing businessman.

fishtaco

• Total Posts: 740
                              RE: Chick-fil-A Fri, 03/14/14 1:25 PM (permalink)
                              gostillerz

They serve very good food at reasonable prices. The restaurants are always clean, the employees are friendly. While I agree with their beliefs, they could be Satanists or worship picnic benches, and I'd still go there because I like their food.

What a better world we would live in if more people felt this way, and not just about food.

mar52

• Total Posts: 7597
                                RE: Chick-fil-A Fri, 03/14/14 8:15 PM (permalink)
                                Religion, beliefs, politics aside I stopped in a McKinney, Texas Chick-fil-A Valentine's Day to see what all the hoopla was about.

The place was crowded every time I passed by it.

I got in the long line and when I was at the counter I still wasn't sure what I wanted to try.  I apologized to the cashier and said that it was my first time and I wasn't familiar with their menu.  To make it easier I ordered just a chicken sandwich.

I don't remember the exact amount but she said...  $3.23 or something similar.  I handed her a five dollar bill and 23 cents.  She handed me back the receipt, a five dollar bill and 23 cents. 

I looked at it and told her that she didn't charge me.  She said it was on the house.  I told her she didn't need to do that.  I looked at the receipt and it said promo... no charge. 

She said...  Happy Valentine's Day.

What a nice surprise and treatment for my first time there.  The bill was gratis just because I mentioned I was a first timer. 

My chicken sandwich was ordinary.  I won't be ordering it again.  BUT...  I noticed that they also offer a chicken salad sandwich.  I love those!

They're building a new store in Culver City.  I'll try that chicken salad sandwich there.   If I like it, I'll be back.  If not it's not because of their way of thinking.

They know how to operate a business.

iluvcfood

• Total Posts: 395
                                  RE: Chick-fil-A Fri, 03/14/14 9:55 PM (permalink)
                                  I myself prefer Wendy's chicken sandwiches but rarely eat there!

MellowRoast

• Total Posts: 1931
                                    RE: Chick-fil-A Sat, 03/15/14 8:01 AM (permalink)

News Flash!...News Flash!

Just a reminder that Chick-Fil-A offers a killer chargrilled chicken sandwich on a toasted "Golden Wheat" bun with dill pickle chips, green leaf lettuce, and tomato.  Also a chargrilled chicken club sandwich on toasted "Golden Wheat" bun with dill pickle chips, provolone cheese, smoked applewood bacon, green leaf lettuce and tomato.  Furthermore, they are excellent!
                                    <message edited by MellowRoast on Mon, 03/17/14 5:09 PM>

mar52

RE: Chick-fil-A Sat, 03/15/14 10:03 PM (permalink)
                                      Okay, I'll add those to my list.  It will be convenient.

mar52

RE: Chick-fil-A Sat, 03/15/14 10:05 PM (permalink)
                                        Okay, I'll add those to my list.  It will be convenient and they sound good.

HollyDolly

• Total Posts: 1065
                                          RE: Chick-fil-A Mon, 03/17/14 12:01 PM (permalink)
                                          They are building a new one here in town up by the Walmart on FM3009 . We have enough places here in Schertz that sells fried chicken.You have both Walmart and H.E.B.Grocery store delis.Then there is Bill Miller BBQ; Bush's Fried Chicken;Raising Cane and TacoBell-KFC.They should give Raising Cane a run for their money.Haven't tried then yet.Trying to stay away from fried stuff.
                                          I do however like Chic-Fila's chicken sandwiches and their soup and other stuff.Also i have bought their chicken biscuits which are great for breakfast.I really love their biscuits.Better than the ones at McDonald's.

jman

RE: Chick-fil-A Mon, 03/17/14 4:13 PM (permalink)
                                            HollyDolly

They are building a new one here in town up by the Walmart on FM3009 . We have enough places here in Schertz that sells fried chicken.You have both Walmart and H.E.B.Grocery store delis.Then there is Bill Miller BBQ; Bush's Fried Chicken;Raising Cane and TacoBell-KFC.They should give Raising Cane a run for their money.Haven't tried then yet.Trying to stay away from fried stuff.
                                            I do however like Chic-Fila's chicken sandwiches and their soup and other stuff.Also i have bought their chicken biscuits which are great for breakfast.I really love their biscuits.Better than the ones at McDonald's.

Sorry. I flagged this by mistake.

Greymo

• Total Posts: 3662
                                              RE: Chick-fil-A Mon, 03/17/14 6:17 PM (permalink)
                                              MellowRoast

News Flash!...News Flash!

Just a reminder that Chick-Fil-A offers a killer chargrilled chicken sandwich on a toasted "Golden Wheat" bun with dill pickle chips, green leaf lettuce, and tomato.  Also a chargrilled chicken club sandwich on toasted "Golden Wheat" bun with dill pickle chips, provolone cheese, smoked applewood bacon, green leaf lettuce and tomato.  Furthermore, they are excellent!

I agree!  Their soup and chicken salad sandwiches are also excellent.  Chick Fil A is a great fast food stop!

Adjudicator

• Total Posts: 5055
                                                RE: Chick-fil-A Mon, 03/17/14 6:24 PM (permalink)
                                                Their breakfast menu, especially the burrito (eggs, sausage, cheddar, sautéed onions and peppers) is excellent.  The slaw is good also.  Soup OK, but loaded with salt.

Foodbme

• Total Posts: 9548
                                                  RE: Chick-fil-A Mon, 03/17/14 6:58 PM (permalink)
                                                  Their marketing strategy used to be that they would be in Malls only. They've now changed their strategy to include free standing units and their sales have exploded!

jman

RE: Chick-fil-A Mon, 03/17/14 7:59 PM (permalink)
                                                    Foodbme

Their marketing strategy used to be that they would be in Malls only. They've now changed their strategy to include free standing units and their sales have exploded!

I think that one of the reasons driving their change in only locating in malls is because there are very few malls being built and many disappearing, plus some malls require their stores to be open on Sunday.  Ten years ago in Lexington, KY, there were three malls.  Today there is only one.

Sundancer7

RE: Chick-fil-A Mon, 03/17/14 8:21 PM (permalink)
                                                      I do not particularly enjoy their food but it seems that many do.  They have recently built several huge facilities in Knoxville and they are packed.  Their owner seems to be very religious and to some takes his point of view to far.  When they had demonstrations in Knoxville due to his view point, the place was overrun with business to the point they hired police to help direct the traffic.  They seem to have incredible traffic in Knoxville.

Paul E. Smith
                                                      Knoxville, TN

pnwchef

• Total Posts: 2230
                                                        • Location: Kennewick, WA
                                                        RE: Chick-fil-A Tue, 03/18/14 9:38 AM (permalink)
                                                        They run their business, like they live their life. I had my wife try Chick-fil-A at the Denver airport a few years back. The next time through Denver they weren't there. They wouldn't open on Sundays, as we all know, the airport never closes. I like a company that doesn't bend for a buck. It shows character, something we could use a bit more of now a days. 
                                                          The Chicken sand, with the chicken coming right out of the fryer is great. Fresh food, with people that don't have to be told to smile. It's ok in my book.

TnTinCT

RE: Chick-fil-A Tue, 03/18/14 9:45 AM (permalink)
                                                          I support a business when that business does what it does well and consistently. I don't agree with the religious viewpoint of Chick-fil-A, but diversity makes the world go round, and as long as I am not getting a side of religion with my chicken, I will be a frequent visitor. I have received consistently good service and food, and am especially fond of the breakfast biscuit and the spicy chicken sandwich. I am VERY excited as they have finally made their way to my neck of the woods - they opened a free-standing store in Chicopee, MA!

jman

• Joined: 12/25/2007
                                                            • Location: berea, KY
                                                            RE: Chick-fil-A Tue, 03/18/14 10:29 AM (permalink)
                                                            TnTinCT

I support a business when that business does what it does well and consistently. I don't agree with the religious viewpoint of Chick-fil-A, but diversity makes the world go round, and as long as I am not getting a side of religion with my chicken, I will be a frequent visitor. I have received consistently good service and food, and am especially fond of the breakfast biscuit and the spicy chicken sandwich. I am VERY excited as they have finally made their way to my neck of the woods - they opened a free-standing store in Chicopee, MA!

I think you are misstating the obvious. Chick-fil-A has no "religious viewpoint". Cathay has religious convictions about marriage, but these convictions do not affect how the Company is run. It is amazing as to how many people are so quick to condemn Cathay for beliefs that were the same as those of the President until just recently, if you can believe him.

Online Bookmarks Sharing: Share/Bookmark
                                                              Change Page: < 123 | Showing page 3 of 3, messages 61 to 90 of 90

Jump to:

Current active users

There are 0 members and 1 guests.

Icon Legend and Permission

• New Messages
                                                              • No New Messages
                                                              • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
                                                              • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
                                                              • Locked w/ New Messages
                                                              • Locked w/o New Messages
                                                              • Read Message
                                                              • Post New Thread
                                                              • Reply to message
                                                              • Post New Poll
                                                              • Submit Vote
                                                              • Post reward post
                                                              • Delete my own posts
                                                              • Delete my own threads
                                                              • Rate post

2000-2014 ASPPlayground.NET Forum Version 3.9
                                                              What is Roadfood?  |   Privacy Policy  |   Contact Roadfood.com   Copyright 2011 - Roadfood.com