The most memorable local eateries along the highways and back roads of America
Sign In | Register for Free!
Restaurants Recipes Forums EatingTours Merchandise FAQ Maps Insider
Forum Themes:
Welcome !

Anyone remember CiCi's in Point Pleasant Beach?

tommyeats

• Total Posts: 277
Anyone remember CiCi's in Point Pleasant Beach? Mon, 09/11/06 10:53 AM (permalink)
I've lamented the fire that destroyed CiCi's on the PPB boardwalk since the day it happened (back in the 80's). On top of that, no one ever seems to talk about the place. Does anyone remember it? I remember the pizza being fantastic.

SassyGritsAL

• Total Posts: 1089
    RE: Anyone remember CiCi's in Point Pleasant Beach? Mon, 09/11/06 5:44 PM (permalink)
    Are you talking about the same CiCi's that is a chain? Where it is like a buffet, cheap prices, poor quality pizzas, but a good place to take baseball teams, volleyball teams, etc. Kids love CiCi's and parents like the prices. We went the other day (2 Adults, 1 child and the total for all 3 of us was under $10. The dessert pizzas are pretty good. The salad bar sucks.

tommyeats

• Total Posts: 277
      RE: Anyone remember CiCi's in Point Pleasant Beach? Mon, 09/11/06 8:28 PM (permalink)
      nope. in no way shape or form am i referring to a chain. I *did* say "fantastic pizza", rather than "poor quality pizza", yes?

Cici's was an independently owned, local pizza place on the boardwalk in Point Pleasant, NJ. A guy named Tommy, IIRC, was the owner.

kennykadillac

• Total Posts: 1
        RE: Anyone remember CiCi's in Point Pleasant Beach? Sun, 09/17/06 1:42 PM (permalink)
        I grew up in Point Pleasant and worked a couple summers as an umbrella boy at Jenkinson's Pavilion next door. As you can imagine I've had more than my share of Cici's pizza over the years and agree it was one of the best ever made. I mean the real deal. Coupled with a real orangeade from Jenkinson's it may have been the finest pizza experience ever! Of course we were blessed in Point Pleasant with not only Cici's pizza but the aforementioned orangeade, Skokos's hamburgers and hot dogs at the inlet end of the boardwalk and Mike's submarines. How about Jack Baker's Lobster Shanty?

Of course being much older now, everything old seems at least twice as good as today's version of anything- but but darnit I believe it was.

Two other pizza's worthy of mention from those halcyon days of yore. Pizza King in Toms River was nothing short of outstanding (gone) as was Maruca's Seaside Boardwalk pizza. Fortunately for us Maruca's is still in existence and just as good as ever.

Just wish I still lived close enough to have ready access to all the Jersey Shore eats that I miss so much.

ellen4641

• Total Posts: 3531
          RE: Anyone remember CiCi's in Point Pleasant Beach? Mon, 09/18/06 12:31 AM (permalink)
          I still miss Sonny and Ricky's pizza down in Seaside Heights on the boardwalk, and they closed over 20 years ago!

Blarnson

• Total Posts: 4
            Re:Anyone remember CiCi's in Point Pleasant Beach? Tue, 03/22/11 7:38 AM (permalink)
            The thing I remember about CiCi's was the sauce.  It had a real undertone to it.  Isn't the Orangeade from Kohrs, not Jenkinsons?
            The fire was pretty suspicious, along with all the other fires that occurred on the boardwalk over the years.

californyguy

• Total Posts: 513
              Re:Anyone remember CiCi's in Point Pleasant Beach? Tue, 03/22/11 10:18 AM (permalink)
              never made it down to point pleasant much,but on the seaside boardwalk,as someone has said  Marucas was and is king...also good was a Macks that was there but has been gone for decades .....here in CA  least we now have Dominicks( jersey transplant) http://www.dominicksmarketdeli.com/folsom    up Folsolm way..you will always find a few east coast refugeesathere hudeled around a pizza with smiles on their faces  .... its little too far for me to go as much as I would like ,but at last a pizza in northern ca that could hold its own on the old Boardwalk ,and worth a special stop/trip  for anyone craving the real deal   
              <message edited by californyguy on Tue, 03/22/11 10:23 AM>

JNM7806

• Total Posts: 24
                RE: Anyone remember CICI's Pizza in Point Pleasant Beach? Mon, 04/25/11 12:00 AM (permalink)
                It's been 21 years since, Cici's had burned. Most of you people, had experiences discussing about the place. I was 12, when the boardwalk, was on fire on November of 1989. 
                <message edited by JNM7806 on Fri, 01/24/14 1:47 PM>

JNM7806

Re:Anyone remember CiCi's in Point Pleasant Beach? Thu, 04/28/11 12:34 AM (permalink)
                  Blarnson

The thing I remember about Cici was the sauce.  It had a real undertone to it.  Isn't the Orangeade from Kohrs, not Jenkinsons?
                  The fire was pretty suspicious, along with all the other fires that occurred on the boardwalk over the years.

Kohr's is still up and running! I think, I went to Cici only once, and I gave the pizza a D because, the sauce had an undertone to it. The fire, happened in 1989 during the off season.
                  <message edited by JNM7806 on Fri, 01/3/14 8:51 PM>

JNM7806

Re:Anyone remember CiCi's in Point Pleasant Beach? Tue, 11/6/12 11:07 AM (permalink)
                    Any of you, who has or hasn't known: Tommy who onwed Cici Pizza on the PPB, had passed away on June 22, 2011 at the age of 84. He was a long time Point Pleasant resident before he relocated to South Beach Miami, Florida. Last year, he returned to Point Pleasant on his final days. He was survived by: three gererations of nieces and nephews, includes 12 great great nieces and nephews he was most proud of. Also, his goddaughter as well.

He was in the obituary, last year in the APP.

God Be With You.

Joey Tomato's remains a hit on the boardwalk, on Cici's former area.
                    <message edited by JNM7806 on Sat, 02/23/13 1:32 AM>

JNM7806

Re:Anyone remember CiCi's in Point Pleasant Beach? Sat, 02/23/13 1:28 AM (permalink)
                      The fire, happened in November 1989. The Pavilion was burnt up and, I assumed that Cici got the piece of the fire. I remember in the summer of 1990, when Cici Pizza was boarded up which meant that it was destroyed by fire. Now, the area had been replaced by Joey Tomato which remains a hit to this day!

schodack

Re:Anyone remember CiCi's in Point Pleasant Beach? Thu, 09/12/13 6:45 PM (permalink)
                        Happened to come across this today.  We used to stay in Pt. Pleasant for a couple of weeks each summer (60s/70s).  And yes, I remember Cici's it was fantastic pizza.  It was good all around, but what I really remember is that they had a knack for getting the cheese around the edge burned just enough to create the most fantastic flavor!  God it was good.

JNM7806

Re:Anyone remember CiCi's in Point Pleasant Beach? Sat, 01/11/14 12:43 PM (permalink)
                          Weren't they slices, or any shape of the pizza? 
                          <message edited by JNM7806 on Sat, 01/11/14 1:08 PM>

TomEN

• Total Posts: 34
                            Re:Anyone remember CiCi's in Point Pleasant Beach? Sun, 03/2/14 12:22 PM (permalink)
                            I have been to Cici's before, the chain I mean, and while it was very cheap, the food quality was not the best.

Online Bookmarks Sharing: Share/Bookmark

Jump to:

Current active users

There are 0 members and 1 guests.

Icon Legend and Permission

• New Messages
                              • No New Messages
                              • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
                              • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
                              • Locked w/ New Messages
                              • Locked w/o New Messages
                              • Read Message
                              • Post New Thread
                              • Reply to message
                              • Post New Poll
                              • Submit Vote
                              • Post reward post
                              • Delete my own posts
                              • Delete my own threads
                              • Rate post

2000-2014 ASPPlayground.NET Forum Version 3.9
                              What is Roadfood?  |   Privacy Policy  |   Contact Roadfood.com   Copyright 2011 - Roadfood.com