Restaurants Recipes Forums EatingTours Merchandise FAQ Maps Insider
Forum Themes:
Welcome !

Great Steakhouses

Change Page: << < ..111213 | Showing page 13 of 13, messages 361 to 364 of 364
mayor al

• Total Posts: 15059
  • Roadfood Insider
Re:The Greatest Steakhouse In America.................... Mon, 12/6/10 11:11 AM (permalink)
I didn't want to pirate this thread...but my post isn't worth a thread of it's own. 
 Todays entry on the front page DEC 6,2010...Charlies SteakHouse in Greenville, South Carolina shows a thin-cut  steak and small foil-wrapped potato on a metal broiler-plate.  I have never seen a steak that looked so much like the traditional "SIZZLER SIRLOIN" steak advertised by the early Sizzler restaurant chain for $4.95 back in the 1960's and 70's.
I don't think I am paying Charlie's Steakhouse a compliment with this comment...just had the image of the old Sizzler lifted from the past.

ann peeples

• Total Posts: 8317
    Re:The Greatest Steakhouse In America.................... Mon, 12/6/10 11:40 AM (permalink)
    I have to agree, Al. I was not impressed with the picture, and the reviews did not convince me otherwise.

edwmax

• Total Posts: 2014
      Re:The Greatest Steakhouse In America.................... Mon, 12/6/10 1:19 PM (permalink)
      It's not charbroiled.  Looks flat grilled or pan seared & finished under a broiler.  I can do that at home.    ... The meat doesn't look to have much if any marbling.    So meat tenderizer ???
      Anyway the review stated "like going to the aunt's house"   ... it must mean "nothing special".    

improviser

• Total Posts: 865
        Re:The Greatest Steakhouse In America.................... Thu, 12/16/10 3:11 PM (permalink)
        For what it's worth, my parents ate at Charlie's for the first time just a couple of weeks ago and both really enjoyed. My mom is a steak fanatic and really liked the steak she got at Charlie's. I've never been. I mean to try it sometime.

Online Bookmarks Sharing: Share/Bookmark
          Change Page: << < ..111213 | Showing page 13 of 13, messages 361 to 364 of 364

Jump to:

Current active users

There are 0 members and 1 guests.

Icon Legend and Permission

• New Messages
          • No New Messages
          • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
          • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
          • Locked w/ New Messages
          • Locked w/o New Messages
          • Read Message
          • Post New Thread
          • Reply to message
          • Post New Poll
          • Submit Vote
          • Post reward post
          • Delete my own posts
          • Delete my own threads
          • Rate post

2000-2014 ASPPlayground.NET Forum Version 3.9
          What is Roadfood?  |   Privacy Policy  |   Contact Roadfood.com   Copyright 2011 - Roadfood.com