Sign In | Register for Free!
Restaurants Recipes Forums EatingTours Merchandise FAQ Maps Insider
Forum Themes:
Welcome !

What brand of Coffee is in your cup??

Change Page: < 12345678 > | Showing page 7 of 8, messages 181 to 210 of 220
tacchino

• Total Posts: 560
RE: What brand of Coffee is in your cup?? Wed, 10/1/08 9:51 PM (permalink)
I love the Costco blends, but I have recently come to love the New England Coffee Co. blends (macadamia nut is the best, I think). Looks like the company is based in Massachusetts, and Stop and Shop sells it all over (of course) New England: Connecticut, Rhode Island, Massachusetts, etc.

Anybody else try this brand? The beans make a rich coffee, without any bitterness like you sometimes get in other strongly flavored blends.

mncorn

• Total Posts: 151
    RE: What brand of Coffee is in your cup?? Sat, 10/18/08 1:35 AM (permalink)
    Fresh coffee works for me. I add a little flavored coffee to a regular blend. Just to give it a little hint of another flavor. Yes, my kids like coffee, with lots of cream or milk.

leethebard

• Total Posts: 6071
      RE: What brand of Coffee is in your cup?? Sat, 10/18/08 7:30 AM (permalink)
      Funny,sometimes taste change...as a kid it was always milk and two or three sugars...but for 40 years it's been black, and lately ,one splenda...I wouldn't think of hiding the taste of a premium blend (my Gevalia) with milk!!!!

mncorn

• Total Posts: 151
        RE: What brand of Coffee is in your cup?? Sun, 11/2/08 10:41 PM (permalink)
        Some mornings, any type is the key!!!

ces1948

• Total Posts: 1499
          RE: What brand of Coffee is in your cup?? Sun, 11/2/08 11:00 PM (permalink)
          Probably not a very exciting choice but Folgers has a new "Brazilian blend" that I've been enjoying lately.

Twinwillow

• Total Posts: 4895
            RE: What brand of Coffee is in your cup?? Sun, 11/2/08 11:15 PM (permalink)
            Lately, when I have the time to make French press coffee, I use Illy Cafe espresso that i grind myself.
            But, on most weekday mornings when I'm in a rush, I'll use my Lavazza Point cartridge espresso machine. Just push one button and, voila! I have a delicious cup of espresso in seconds.

md550

• Total Posts: 7
              Re:What brand of Coffee is in your cup?? Sat, 02/2/13 12:51 AM (permalink)
              I actually discontinued drinking coffee, spent too much money on teeth whitening products. I made a switch over to this new shot called Euphorix: www.euphorixusa.com

They're actually based out of NJ @leethebard!

MetroplexJim

• Total Posts: 3704
                RE: What brand of Coffee is in your cup?? Sat, 02/2/13 10:25 AM (permalink)
                I know it's sacrilege, but I am a man of simple tastes and an inclination to laziness:  Taster's Choice!

kevincad

• Total Posts: 399
                  RE: What brand of Coffee is in your cup?? Sat, 02/2/13 11:56 AM (permalink)
                  tiki

No question--by far the finest kind---PEET"S! /www.peets.com/who_we_are/who_we_are.asp

Yes, indeed!!! Lived in the bay area of CA for awhile and became a PEET's addict!!!

kaszeta

RE: What brand of Coffee is in your cup?? Sat, 02/2/13 1:27 PM (permalink)
                    Mostly I use coffee from Monmouth Coffee in London, UK, but that's because either I or my brother is making the trip about once a month.

If I need to pinch hit from the store, Peet's Coffee Major Dickason's Blend.

TNBear

• Total Posts: 3
                      RE: What brand of Coffee is in your cup?? Sat, 02/2/13 3:10 PM (permalink)
                      Haven't used branded coffee in years. We purchase green beans online (Burmans) roast 2 or 3 days worth at a time and grind every morning in a burr grinder. As another former californian I will say Peets is very good. I will only drink StarBUCKS in an airport if there is no other recourse.

agnesrob

• Total Posts: 1790
                        RE: What brand of Coffee is in your cup?? Sat, 02/2/13 3:41 PM (permalink)
                        It does depend on what is on sale at the store. My oldest daughter insists on grinding the beans fresh(since she was a teen no less, she's now 24). She actually has been drinking coffee since she was 2. One of my most embarrassing moments was in a local convenience store. Two elderly women were at the check out when my little 3 year old Katie said in her very loud 3 year old voice "help me to get my coffee Mommy!" Those two old ladies looked at me like I was a criminal! Oh, well. She's taller than me so there goes that theory!  So I buy only whole bean. Sometimes Dunkin Donuts or Peet's or Gevalia or Starbucks. Sometimes I do buy coffee beans at Fairway Market or Fresh Market. They both have quite varied choices from all over the world. Consequently, I usually don't get coffee when I eat out. Nothing is quite as good as the coffee my daughter makes each morning before work! A talent, I guess!
                        <message edited by agnesrob on Sat, 02/2/13 3:50 PM>

Scorereader

• Total Posts: 5546
                          RE: What brand of Coffee is in your cup?? Fri, 03/8/13 4:49 PM (permalink)
                          We tend to buy whole beans and grind right before brewing, and purchase either Wegman's Espresso, Peets French Roast, Dunkin Donuts, or a dark roast Starbucks.

We used to really enjoy Kirkland/Starbucks when we were Costco members.

kevincad

• Total Posts: 399
                            RE: What brand of Coffee is in your cup?? Fri, 03/8/13 4:51 PM (permalink)
                            tiki

No question--by far the finest kind---PEET"S! /www.peets.com/who_we_are/who_we_are.asp

Yes for Peets!!

Twinwillow

RE: What brand of Coffee is in your cup?? Fri, 03/8/13 6:56 PM (permalink)
                              I've been trying to find Peet's coffee in Dallas but alas, to no avail.

Phildelmar

• Total Posts: 788
                                RE: What brand of Coffee is in your cup?? Fri, 03/8/13 7:03 PM (permalink)
                                Community Coffee when I can get it, Eight O'Clock, though I miss the more exotic brands, like Bokar, or Luzianne. I like chicory

Twinwillow

RE: What brand of Coffee is in your cup?? Fri, 03/8/13 7:09 PM (permalink)
                                  Reference my above post, after Googling Peets Coffee, I found a new Kroger store only a few blocks from me that sells Peets. Yehaaaa!

SodaDude

• Total Posts: 26
                                    RE: What brand of Coffee is in your cup?? Mon, 06/24/13 12:51 AM (permalink)
                                    Van Houtte Belgian Chocolate.

ces1948

RE: What brand of Coffee is in your cup?? Mon, 06/24/13 10:10 AM (permalink)
                                      I just recently bought a 4 cup Mr. Coffee for personal use. Everyone in the house gets up much early than me plus they put the coffee and water in the night before and use the auto timer. By the time I get to the coffee it's sludge.
                                      So I've been trying a new brand almost every week, usually Publix has one of the fancier brands on sale each week so I give that a try, So far tried New England, Dunkin Donuts, 8 oclock, Chock full of nuts, Gevalia and Folgers Gourmet plus a few others I'm forgetting. Still waiting to try Seattles Best, Newmans, Peets and few others. So far I like regular Chock full of nuts pretty well.

tsores

• Total Posts: 653
                                        RE: What brand of Coffee is in your cup?? Mon, 06/24/13 11:06 AM (permalink)
                                        Costco

wmceaton

• Total Posts: 313
                                          RE: What brand of Coffee is in your cup?? Sat, 08/3/13 11:20 AM (permalink)
                                          Petes...Major Dickensons.

Tumbleweed365

• Total Posts: 178
                                            RE: What brand of Coffee is in your cup?? Sat, 08/3/13 11:32 AM (permalink)
                                            I have been a lifelong coffee drinker and buy the beans to grind just before making.
                                            Other day I picked up a bag and it didn't feel right. On looking closer at the bag, not only
                                            Had the amount of coffee gone down, the price had gone up !
                                            It also didn't taste as good, I don't know if the taste had changed, or my elderly
                                            Grumble was on high !

ces1948

RE: What brand of Coffee is in your cup?? Sat, 08/3/13 12:47 PM (permalink)
                                              Just now trying Seattle's Best level 4 which is described as being medium dark and rich. Had to cut back a little on the amount I used in my little 4 cup Mr. Coffee compared to some other brands but after that adjustment I'm enjoying it.

1bbqboy

• Total Posts: 4542
                                                RE: What brand of Coffee is in your cup?? Sat, 08/3/13 12:54 PM (permalink)
                                                Seattle's Best isn't.

1bbqboy

RE: What brand of Coffee is in your cup?? Sat, 08/3/13 12:54 PM (permalink)
                                                  Seattle's Best isn't.

chefbuba

• Total Posts: 1952
                                                    RE: What brand of Coffee is in your cup?? Sun, 08/4/13 11:49 AM (permalink)
                                                    1bbqboy

Seattle's Best isn't.

chefbuba

• Total Posts: 1952
                                                      RE: What brand of Coffee is in your cup?? Sun, 08/4/13 11:50 AM (permalink)
                                                      Thundermuck From a small roaster in Astoria, OR

EdSails

• Total Posts: 3555
                                                        • Location: Mission Viejo, CA
                                                        RE: What brand of Coffee is in your cup?? Sun, 08/4/13 1:20 PM (permalink)
                                                        These days we use the Nespresso maker and coffee pods. Expensive, but a good variety of delicious coffees and convenient.

1bbqboy

• Location: Rogue Valley
                                                          RE: What brand of Coffee is in your cup?? Sun, 08/4/13 1:39 PM (permalink)
                                                          chefbuba

Thundermuck From a small roaster in Astoria, OR

hey buba, I will look for that based on your recommendation. Don't know whether it makes it this far South. I try to drink Noble, Noble Coffee Roasting | Ashland Oregon
                                                          which roasts here in Ashlandia, and drink Buckmaster black satin for my everyday coffee.  :)
                                                           Buckmaster Coffee

Root-Beer Man

• Total Posts: 331
                                                            • Location: Noblesville, IN
                                                            RE: What brand of Coffee is in your cup?? Mon, 08/5/13 4:30 PM (permalink)
                                                            We've been longtime subscribers to Gevalia's home delivery and we've just never been disappointed by their various roasts. Doubt we'll change anytime soon.

Online Bookmarks Sharing: Share/Bookmark
                                                              Change Page: < 12345678 > | Showing page 7 of 8, messages 181 to 210 of 220

Jump to:

Current active users

There are 0 members and 1 guests.

Icon Legend and Permission

• New Messages
                                                              • No New Messages
                                                              • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
                                                              • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
                                                              • Locked w/ New Messages
                                                              • Locked w/o New Messages
                                                              • Read Message
                                                              • Post New Thread
                                                              • Reply to message
                                                              • Post New Poll
                                                              • Submit Vote
                                                              • Post reward post
                                                              • Delete my own posts
                                                              • Delete my own threads
                                                              • Rate post

2000-2014 ASPPlayground.NET Forum Version 3.9
                                                              What is Roadfood?  |   Privacy Policy  |   Contact Roadfood.com   Copyright 2011 - Roadfood.com