The most memorable local eateries along the highways and back roads of America
Sign In | Register for Free!
Restaurants Recipes Forums EatingTours Merchandise FAQ Maps Insider

2009 GLEE CLUB Memphis Meet-Up

Change Page: << < ..11121314151617181920.. > >> | Showing page 18 of 22, messages 511 to 540 of 657
wanderingjew

• Total Posts: 7407
  • Roadfood Insider
Re:2009 Presidents' Day Weekend Meet-Up Discussion Tue, 02/24/09 9:43 AM (permalink)
Nancypalooza

buffetbuster

[Beautiful report so far.  I think these are some of your best photos yet.  After seeing your report on Bolton's, I will have to make it a priority on my next trip to Nashville.  So, just how bad was the neighborhood? 

I didn't think it was that bad but I seem to have the minority opinion, and I was there during the day.  It's just around the corner from the stadium.  

I agree. During the day it's fine. You should have no problem.

buffetbuster

Re:2009 Presidents' Day Weekend Meet-Up Discussion Tue, 02/24/09 9:49 AM (permalink)
    Al-
    CTD is doing a splendid job of telling our adventures in Memphis & beyond, but here is a sneak preview of our experience at Blue & White on Friday afternoon.

Also, at the next stop, CTD and his brother Kerry receive a very special invitation!

buffetbuster

Re:2009 Presidents' Day Weekend Meet-Up Discussion Tue, 02/24/09 10:56 AM (permalink)
      A few auxiliary photos.....

Here is CTD and his brother taking care of business on some appetizers at Corky's.

The entrance to the Rendezvous,

which shows it really is in a basement!

A well worn booth at Barksdale.

Even though this sign makes the owner look like a werewolf,

We liked the "Eat or we both go hungry" saying.

I hadn't noticed on previous visits just how good the bread is at The Cupboard

The rolls were especially hot, soft and yeasty!  And here is a look at the long list of vegetables and desserts available at The Cupboard.

Monday's plum cobbler?  Oh, someday, you will be mine!!!
      <message edited by buffetbuster on Tue, 02/24/09 11:01 AM>

susanll

• Total Posts: 1077
        Re:2009 Presidents' Day Weekend Meet-Up Discussion Tue, 02/24/09 5:44 PM (permalink)
        buffetbuster

Al-
        CTD is doing a splendid job of telling our adventures in Memphis & beyond, but here is a sneak preview of our experience at Blue & White on Friday afternoon.

Also, at the next stop, CTD and his brother Kerry receive a very special invitation!

Only in Mississippi 

susanll

• Total Posts: 1077
          Re:2009 Presidents' Day Weekend Meet-Up Discussion Tue, 02/24/09 5:46 PM (permalink)
          buffetbuster

A few auxiliary photos.....

Here is CTD and his brother taking care of business on some appetizers at Corky's.

The entrance to the Rendezvous,

which shows it really is in a basement!

A well worn booth at Barksdale.

Even though this sign makes the owner look like a werewolf,

We liked the "Eat or we both go hungry" saying.

I hadn't noticed on previous visits just how good the bread is at The Cupboard

The rolls were especially hot, soft and yeasty!  And here is a look at the long list of vegetables and desserts available at The Cupboard.

Monday's plum cobbler?  Oh, someday, you will be mine!!!

Love Barksdales.  We quit going because the locals were all smokers.  Now, I have no real complaint with smoking but that place was blue.  We need to go back now.

Grapes at Corky's?  What was that app? 

CajunKing

• Total Posts: 6317
            • Roadfood Insider
            Re:2009 Presidents' Day Weekend Meet-Up Discussion Tue, 02/24/09 7:01 PM (permalink)
            That was just some roughage to clean out CTD's innards 

ChiTownDiner

Re:2009 Presidents' Day Weekend Meet-Up Discussion Tue, 02/24/09 8:36 PM (permalink)
              CajunKing

Closer inspection reveals grapes and lettuce...thank you!

wanderingjew

• Roadfood Insider
                Re:2009 Presidents' Day Weekend Meet-Up Discussion Tue, 02/24/09 8:42 PM (permalink)
                CajunKing

Looks like Buffetbuster was right. The aforementioned photo is clear evidence that the only way get Chi Town Diner to agree to hit all these restaurants was to convince him that they made the best salads in all of Memphis.

iqdiva

• Total Posts: 1491
                  Re:2009 Presidents' Day Weekend Meet-Up Discussion Tue, 02/24/09 8:48 PM (permalink)
                  Next year's President's Day meet-up in Charleston , SC is just my cup of tea ...My hubby is making arrangements for some vacation time during that period so that we can be sure & attend !

wanderingjew

• Roadfood Insider
                    Re:2009 Presidents' Day Weekend Meet-Up Discussion Tue, 02/24/09 8:56 PM (permalink)
                    iqdiva

Next year's President's Day meet-up in Charleston , SC is just my cup of tea ...My hubby is making arrangements for some vacation time during that period so that we can be sure & attend !

Sweet Tea, I hope.

mayor al

• Total Posts: 15073
                      • Roadfood Insider
                      Re:2009 Presidents' Day Weekend Meet-Up Discussion Tue, 02/24/09 11:09 PM (permalink)
                      With a year to plan the stops and routes, I am sure that the 2010 Glee Club Session in the Carolinas will be another grand success.  It will be special for me as we will be heading to SoCal shortly after it, for my 50th H S reunion.
                         Susan, We surely hope you'll be in Charleston. Bring your "Gone With The Wind" dress and a Grey Uniform for Paul !

I don't think there were many Roadfood stops in the Memphis area that weren't visited by at least one of the Wandering Foodies on this Glee Club Tour ! You guys really covered some area !
                      <message edited by mayor al on Tue, 02/24/09 11:11 PM>

iqdiva

Re:2009 Presidents' Day Weekend Meet-Up Discussion Wed, 02/25/09 7:37 AM (permalink)
                        wanderingjew

iqdiva

Sweet Tea, I hope.

Always sweet tea darling ...Always !

iqdiva

Re:2009 Presidents' Day Weekend Meet-Up Discussion Wed, 02/25/09 7:41 AM (permalink)
                          mayor al

With a year to plan the stops and routes, I am sure that the 2010 Glee Club Session in the Carolinas will be another grand success.  It will be special for me as we will be heading to SoCal shortly after it, for my 50th H S reunion.
                             Susan, We surely hope you'll be in Charleston. Bring your "Gone With The Wind" dress and a Grey Uniform for Paul !

I don't think there were many Roadfood stops in the Memphis area that weren't visited by at least one of the Wandering Foodies on this Glee Club Tour ! You guys really covered some area !

For the ladies Mr. Al ...Charleston , SC just screams for beautiful feminine attire and I will be more than happy to oblige !
                          Love to you and sweet Miss Janet ... take care Darling !

buffetbuster

Re:2009 Presidents' Day Weekend Meet-Up Discussion Wed, 02/25/09 7:45 AM (permalink)
                            Al-
                            I never asked you, but I'm thinking we really did surprise everyone by having ChiTownDiner as the surprise guest.  You certainly had a shocked look on your face when you saw him. 

WJ-
                            Obviously, the more people who knew, the less a surprise it would have been.  The only reason TTM knew was that we were plotting to have him surprise CTD with gooey butter cakes.  Unfortunately, it didn't work out.

mayor al

• Roadfood Insider
                              Re:2009 Presidents' Day Weekend Meet-Up Discussion Wed, 02/25/09 9:41 AM (permalink)
                              I was surprised to see CTD in Greenville, but the shock was evident because I was trying to figure out how to protect my steak from the active roadfood  'mongrols' around the table while I was not 'covering it' during the greeting process! I figured CTD was a diversion, keeping my attention off my food while you guys at the other end of the table snatched that Porterhouse and replaced it with some Mullet !

Susan,  We look forward to your visit in Hoosierland later this Spring !
                              <message edited by mayor al on Wed, 02/25/09 9:43 AM>

buffetbuster

Re:2009 Presidents' Day Weekend Meet-Up Discussion Wed, 02/25/09 9:49 AM (permalink)
                                Al-
                                You are obviously on to us.  The only reason we didn't go through with the plan was we figured you could sic the Scotties on us!

mayor al

• Roadfood Insider
                                  Re:2009 Presidents' Day Weekend Meet-Up Discussion Wed, 02/25/09 10:37 AM (permalink)

Yeah, You can see their fierce loyalty to me as they maul TTM in Mobile. He claimed he was being "Licked to Death"! They know that the bones I gave them came from you guys, and treat me accordingly (as the 'MiddleMan'!)

wanderingjew

• Roadfood Insider
                                    Re:2009 Presidents' Day Weekend Meet-Up Discussion Wed, 02/25/09 9:45 PM (permalink)
                                    So.....no one else is going to add photos and commentary from Cozy Corner and Leonard's???

ChiTownDiner

Re:2009 Presidents' Day Weekend Meet-Up Discussion Wed, 02/25/09 10:04 PM (permalink)
                                      wanderingjew

So.....no one else is going to add photos and commentary from Cozy Corner and Leonard's???

WJ -

Sorry...way behind due to work...I'm halfway through Friday...soon...

billyboy

• Total Posts: 2363
                                        Re:2009 Presidents' Day Weekend Meet-Up Discussion Thu, 02/26/09 1:53 AM (permalink)
                                        WOW!!  Upon reading this report, it reminded me of my favorite comic book as a kid, The Legion of Superheroes.  You all are my Roadfood Legion!  Bravo!  Wish I could have been there!  A true breadth and depth of eating experiences and reportage.  I can't wait to read the rest.  

buffetbuster

Re:2009 Presidents' Day Weekend Meet-Up Discussion Thu, 02/26/09 6:59 AM (permalink)
                                          billyboy-
                                          Any chance we can lure you to join us in Charleston next year?  You would be an excellent addition to an already great group.

billyboy

• Total Posts: 2363
                                            Re:2009 Presidents' Day Weekend Meet-Up Discussion Thu, 02/26/09 7:15 AM (permalink)
                                            BB-
                                            I certainly hope so!!  I could stand to broaden my RF horizons beyond that of Central NY and NYC.  Low country sounds like a true Roadfood treasure trove!  Work has been almost at a standstill for me so far this year, so the economy has put the kibosh on most travel for me.  Hopefully, looking forward to 2010...

wanderingjew

• Location: East Greenwich/ Warwick, RI
                                              • Roadfood Insider
                                              Re:2009 Presidents' Day Weekend Meet-Up Discussion Thu, 02/26/09 8:28 AM (permalink)
                                              ChiTownDiner

wanderingjew

WJ -

Sorry...way behind due to work...I'm halfway through Friday...soon...

Work?? WORK??!!!

What's that???!!

I know, we all have lives (well at least most of us do)

Chi Town Diner, I wasn't pointing the finger at you, only at Buffetbuster!

buffetbuster

Re:2009 Presidents' Day Weekend Meet-Up Discussion Thu, 02/26/09 8:35 AM (permalink)
                                                WJ-
                                                I'll get right on it.  As soon as I finish my Wisconsin trip report.  And my Las Vegas report.  And my.....

carolina bob

• Total Posts: 3420
                                                  Re:2009 Presidents' Day Weekend Meet-Up Discussion Thu, 02/26/09 8:39 AM (permalink)
                                                  billyboy, when you were a kid, which Legion member did you want to be? Lightning Lad? Chameleon Boy? I always wanted to be Matter-Eater Lad ( it figures, huh? ) 

wanderingjew

• Location: East Greenwich/ Warwick, RI
                                                    • Roadfood Insider
                                                    Re:2009 Presidents' Day Weekend Meet-Up Discussion Thu, 02/26/09 8:47 AM (permalink)
                                                    buffetbuster

WJ-
                                                    I'll get right on it.  As soon as I finish my Wisconsin trip report.  And my Las Vegas report.  And my.....

Better step up to the plate (literally and figureatively)- you're slacking!

buffetbuster

Re:2009 Presidents' Day Weekend Meet-Up Discussion Thu, 02/26/09 9:13 AM (permalink)
                                                      WJ-
                                                      It all depends on what's on that plate!

mayor al

• Location: Louisville area, Southern Indiana
                                                        • Roadfood Insider
                                                        Re:2009 Presidents' Day Weekend Meet-Up Discussion Thu, 02/26/09 9:35 AM (permalink)
                                                        Hey don't skip over the TTM in reminding folks of the need to report !!  We will see him this weekend while he soaks in the Hot Tub in his Suite here in Louisville...and remind him of the 150 photos he has waiting for editing. Sheesch, talk about a SLACKER !!! 

doggydaddy

• Total Posts: 1847
                                                          • Location: Austin, TX...got smoke?
                                                          Re:2009 Presidents' Day Weekend Meet-Up Discussion Thu, 02/26/09 1:32 PM (permalink)

billyboy

WOW!!  Upon reading this report, it reminded me of my favorite comic book as a kid, The Legion of Superheroes.  You all are my Roadfood Legion!  Bravo!  Wish I could have been there!  A true breadth and depth of eating experiences and reportage.  I can't wait to read the rest.

===which Legion member did you want to be? Lightning Lad? Chameleon Boy? I always wanted to be Matter-Eater Lad ( it figures, huh? ) ===

As a major comic fan, The Legion always alluded me. They are definitely an aquired taste.  After Matter Eater, here may be the ultimate Legion Roadfooder:
                                                          http://www.studiosanning.shawbiz.ca/legion_of_super-heroes/membership/bouncing_boy/index.htm

mark

ann peeples

• Total Posts: 8317
                                                            • Location: West Allis, Wisconsin
                                                            Re:2009 Presidents' Day Weekend Meet-Up Discussion Thu, 02/26/09 6:08 PM (permalink)
                                                            I met the dogs this past summer-am a bit jealous-Demi could have cared less, however Duffy was my buddy-ran up to me right away and was playful.Good to see them( and all of you) again! Was saving my comments for this page-agree with Nancy-would almost die for the food you guys had!

Online Bookmarks Sharing: Share/Bookmark
                                                              Change Page: << < ..11121314151617181920.. > >> | Showing page 18 of 22, messages 511 to 540 of 657

Jump to:

Current active users

There are 0 members and 1 guests.

Icon Legend and Permission

• New Messages
                                                              • No New Messages
                                                              • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
                                                              • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
                                                              • Locked w/ New Messages
                                                              • Locked w/o New Messages
                                                              • Read Message
                                                              • Post New Thread
                                                              • Reply to message
                                                              • Post New Poll
                                                              • Submit Vote
                                                              • Post reward post
                                                              • Delete my own posts
                                                              • Delete my own threads
                                                              • Rate post

2000-2014 ASPPlayground.NET Forum Version 3.9
                                                              What is Roadfood?  |   Privacy Policy  |   Contact Roadfood.com   Copyright 2011 - Roadfood.com