The most memorable local eateries along the highways and back roads of America
Sign In | Register for Free!
Restaurants Recipes Forums EatingTours Merchandise FAQ Maps Insider
Forum Themes:
Welcome !

Vito's and Nick's Pizza, Southside Chicago

acer2x

• Total Posts: 440
Vito's and Nick's Pizza, Southside Chicago Mon, 03/30/09 11:55 PM (permalink)
This pizza place was featured on Diners,Drive Ins & Dives tonight. It's not a deep dish place. The very thin cracker like crust on the pizzas looked great as did all the varieties shown-especially the Italian beef pizza. Anyone been there? I'm planning a trip to Chicago this summer.

http://www.vitoandnick.com/
<message edited by acer2x on Mon, 03/30/09 11:58 PM>

Michael Hoffman

• Total Posts: 17795
    Re:Vito's and Nick's Pizza, Southside Chicago Tue, 03/31/09 11:19 AM (permalink)
    acer2x

This pizza place was featured on Diners,Drive Ins & Dives tonight. It's not a deep dish place. The very thin cracker like crust on the pizzas looked great as did all the varieties shown-especially the Italian beef pizza. Anyone been there? I'm planning a trip to Chicago this summer.

http://www.vitoandnick.com/

I saw the program, and everything looked great, except for the crust. I cannot abide that cracker-like crust.

the grillman

• Total Posts: 624
      Re:Vito's and Nick's Pizza, Southside Chicago Tue, 03/31/09 11:26 AM (permalink)
      I saw the show as well.  Never been there, but I'd like to go.

For me, the best thin style Chicago pizza is Aurelio's, in Homewood.

ringguy

• Total Posts: 7
        Re:Vito's and Nick's Pizza, Southside Chicago Sat, 04/4/09 6:03 PM (permalink)
        if you're going to the south side, you may as well drive 45 minutes further to get to http://stop50woodfiredpizzeria.com/

I go there a couple times a month when they're open.  You'll be hard pressed to find a better pizza ANYWHERE.  Get the marg, the marinara, the sausage or the prosciutto.  Steer clear of the mushroom.

HOGIE

• Total Posts: 4
          Re:Vito's and Nick's Pizza, Southside Chicago Wed, 04/17/13 8:49 PM (permalink)
          Hey ring guy, the next time you're going to Stop 50, call me....I would like to meet you there!

ChiTownDiner

Re:Vito's and Nick's Pizza, Southside Chicago Wed, 04/17/13 9:21 PM (permalink)
            I eat there every so often and love it!  Great pizza, nice atmosphere, cold beer!  Worth a trip!  Definately a Roadfood place!

BuddyRoadhouse

• Total Posts: 4074
              Re:Vito's and Nick's Pizza, Southside Chicago Wed, 04/17/13 9:29 PM (permalink)
              HOGIE, that's a nice offer, but you're four years too late.  Ya never know though, ringguy might still make the occasional trip up to Stop 50.  Heck I might make the pilgrimage down there myself, someday.  I'll give you a holler.

Buddy

myterry2

• Total Posts: 526
                Re:Vito's and Nick's Pizza, Southside Chicago Wed, 04/17/13 11:39 PM (permalink)
                Just ate there last night...packed with people at 600pm on a raining Tues night...pizza was outstanding as usual.  Plus we shared one of there homemade beef sandwiches (wet of course)....one of the best in the city.

HOGIE

• Total Posts: 4
                  Re:Vito's and Nick's Pizza, Southside Chicago Thu, 04/18/13 7:44 PM (permalink)
                  Buddy, why you hating? I know for a fact that RingGuy still goes to Stop 50...just not as often as he used to. He now has his own pizza's being eaten....and they're great!

BuddyRoadhouse

• Total Posts: 4074
                    Re:Vito's and Nick's Pizza, Southside Chicago Fri, 04/19/13 4:05 AM (permalink)
                    No hating, just fact: Your response to ringguy came four years after his last post on the subject.  Look for yourself; his post is dated 4/4/09.  For all I know, he stopped looking at this thread back then.

If you guys have stayed in touch, then more power to you.  But based on the dates on those posts, and not knowing that you were in touch with ringguy, and since you made no indication of same in your post, I had a logical response.

No hating, I promise.  And if you guys ever get together for a pizza run to Stop 50, let me know.  I might just make the roadtrip to Michiana Shores.

Buddy

Samsquantch

• Total Posts: 12
                      Re:Vito's and Nick's Pizza, Southside Chicago Mon, 04/22/13 10:34 AM (permalink)
                      Vito and Nicks is just the best......well, maybe a close second to Marie's (maybe!)...

It's awfully far away from downtown and north side...and the only reason we went was happened to be staying in Oak Lawn for wife's family event....but I had heard about it for years, and was NOT disappointed...in fact, it was better than we could have hoped for...

Great old school bar atmosphere too....friendly bartender....if we still lived in Chicago, we would make the long trek back....FYI....cash only, and they do not have an ATM....but Walgreens right across the street does....

Online Bookmarks Sharing: Share/Bookmark

Jump to:

Current active users

There are 0 members and 1 guests.

Icon Legend and Permission

• New Messages
                        • No New Messages
                        • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
                        • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
                        • Locked w/ New Messages
                        • Locked w/o New Messages
                        • Read Message
                        • Post New Thread
                        • Reply to message
                        • Post New Poll
                        • Submit Vote
                        • Post reward post
                        • Delete my own posts
                        • Delete my own threads
                        • Rate post

2000-2014 ASPPlayground.NET Forum Version 3.9
                        What is Roadfood?  |   Privacy Policy  |   Contact Roadfood.com   Copyright 2011 - Roadfood.com