Sign In | Register for Free!
Restaurants Recipes Forums EatingTours Merchandise FAQ Maps Insider
Forum Themes:
Welcome !

Hostess Fruit Pies

Change Page: 1234567 > | Showing page 1 of 7, messages 1 to 30 of 197
kevaxe2k2

• Total Posts: 85
Hostess Fruit Pies Mon, 04/27/09 9:00 PM (permalink)
Mostly Blackberry (or it may just be called Berry, not sure) which seems to be mostly on the West side of the U.S. I have never seen one. Same goes for Pineapple and French Apple..all of which exist in some capacity. 

Anyone ever seen this or have access to these flavors?  If someone would be kind enough, I would pay to get some of these floated my way or trade should there be something available here in Michigan not available your way.

THANKS!
<message edited by kevaxe2k2 on Sat, 05/15/10 12:17 PM>

tkitna

• Total Posts: 620
    Re:ISO: Rare Hostess Fruit Pie flavors Tue, 04/28/09 3:31 AM (permalink)
    Pineapple is about the only one i've never seen or eaten before (I cant even find a picture of a wrapper), but i've been wanting a Blackberry for years. Havent seen one in West Virginia for eons.

stephiegirl

• Total Posts: 132
      Re:ISO: Rare Hostess Fruit Pie flavors Tue, 04/28/09 10:35 AM (permalink)
      I ordered them off a website "freshchocodiles.com".  That was a few years ago so I'm not sure they even still sell them.  They had other Hostess products for sale also but were kind of expensive.  The only pies they had for sale at the time were cherry, blackberry ( I have never seen them as berry only blackberry), apple, and lemon.  You order them by the dozen.  When I got mine some were a little damaged but still tasted as good as I remember them from when I was younger.  As far as pineapple and french apple I have never seen them.

stephiegirl

Re:ISO: Rare Hostess Fruit Pie flavors Tue, 04/28/09 10:43 AM (permalink)

I just went to their website and the blackberry pies are still available as are the other three I mentioned as well as chocolate and peach pies are now available.  The pies are 10 for $16 plus the cost of shipping is extra.  Hope this helps you out and I want to say thanks alot, now I want to order some pies too. LOL!!

kevaxe2k2

Re:ISO: Rare Hostess Fruit Pie flavors Tue, 04/28/09 12:00 PM (permalink)
          awesome, thanks. I had seen those there before, but when googling saw some people who ordered them and it turned out they didn't have them. good to see you got yours--I have to try it, lol.

Still can't believe they discontinued blueberry!

RibDog

• Total Posts: 593
            Re:ISO: Rare Hostess Fruit Pie flavors Tue, 04/28/09 12:22 PM (permalink)
            You might want to consider getting some pies from Hubig's Pies down in New Orleans.  They are my go to place for pies these days. Here is a link for them:

http://www.hubigs.com/

John
            <message edited by RibDog on Tue, 04/28/09 12:23 PM>

stricken_detective

• Total Posts: 2330
              Re:ISO: Rare Hostess Fruit Pie flavors Tue, 04/28/09 2:09 PM (permalink)
              I'm still looking for BLUEBERRY!!!!!!!

kevaxe2k2

Re:ISO: Rare Hostess Fruit Pie flavors Tue, 04/28/09 3:52 PM (permalink)
                Blueberry has been discontinued. I finally wrote the company and they wrote me back with the bad news.

I have heard of Hubigs and will try them.  But for now the HOstess Blackberry Pie is my white whale!

RibDog

• Total Posts: 593
                  Re:ISO: Rare Hostess Fruit Pie flavors Tue, 04/28/09 3:59 PM (permalink)
                  And blueberry is Hubig's seasonal pie right now.

kevaxe2k2

Re:ISO: Rare Hostess Fruit Pie flavors Wed, 04/29/09 5:09 PM (permalink)
                    I went ahead and ordered a lot of 10 of the Hostess Blackberry Pies from Freshchocodiles.com. Just hope they have them in stock!  $24.99 shipped. Not too bad.

stricken_detective

Re:ISO: Rare Hostess Fruit Pie flavors Thu, 04/30/09 1:44 AM (permalink)
                      I think we need to picket the corporate HQ. When you want blueberry pie, NOTHING tastes the same. Oh sure, blueberry kringle is beyond delicious, but it's frosted which kicks up the sweetness. It's delectable, but it's not PIE.

(I need to hit Post Message before I call Hostess a nasty name involving pies & what they can do to an apple pie.)

Before I go, I need to mention they also had Peach, and once upon a time I did see Strawberry.

There is a 4 page thread here on Hostess pies somewhere. In that thread someone claimed to have Blueberry pies where they live. If this is still true, if you're still out there & willing to send pies my way, let me know. I realize they are horrible & will negate all my efforts at the gym, but I have a plan. I'm sticking them in the freezer so I can thaw them on an as-needed basis. This is of course after I scarf the first one out of the box @ the post office counter & drive home with a dirty face & blue mouth.

brittneal

• Total Posts: 1265
                        Re:ISO: Rare Hostess Fruit Pie flavors Thu, 04/30/09 3:22 AM (permalink)

I remember when I was about 8 years old around 64, i had heard of the wonder of wonders...The Hostess Chocolate Pie!   I was catapulted into flights of ecstasy just saying the words in my mind!  Of course we had to search high and low.  Always to be titalayed by stories of someon having spotted one at Grocerland or Jewel.  Finally I find one in a alttle Mom nand Pop basement stoer(these would open in the bottom of a 3 story town home so [revalant in my Grandmothers neighborhood.  When I finally got my prze home I was disappointed to see the wrapper wornt and dirty as it being handled on the shelves for months  Taking that first bite was a comination of puer gourmet delight and fear of being let down!  Im afraid it was the later,  It was a brown tasteless paste akin to the tubes of choc astronaut candy in the squeeze tube.    The dough was greasy and stale as well.  Sometimes its better to keep our hearts desire at arms reach!

kevaxe2k2

Re:ISO: Rare Hostess Fruit Pie flavors Thu, 04/30/09 8:28 AM (permalink)
                          Chocolate is my fave flavor.  Peach is standard here too. Strawberry I haven't seen since last summer. I think it's seasonal.

Yeah, I try to limit myself to one a week. Health food it is not!

blinky193

• Total Posts: 97
                            Re:ISO: Rare Hostess Fruit Pie flavors Thu, 04/30/09 9:42 AM (permalink)
                            Blackberry Hostess pies are still available out west.  My fiance brought one back for me about a month ago when he was out in Oregon.  I don't think I have ever seen a pineapple one.  I still would love to try a Hostess raspberry filled powder sugared doughnut.  Does any one know if I can buy those on line?

kevaxe2k2

Re:ISO: Rare Hostess Fruit Pie flavors Thu, 04/30/09 11:44 AM (permalink)
                              freshchocodiles sells those donuts. So does a lady here, there is a thread for it.  That's where I ordered the blackberry pies, and, yep, they are on the West coast.

Detective, I think the blueberry pies are discontinued period. Very odd, it's blueberry! Maybe the price of the filling or something, who knows.

the grillman

• Total Posts: 624
                                Re:ISO: Rare Hostess Fruit Pie flavors Thu, 04/30/09 12:56 PM (permalink)
                                I remember the blackberry Hostess pies....mmmmm, good stuff.  Don't see them around anymore, and I wouldn't dare order in bulk....peach is fairly common here, though.  Always thought the blueberry had too much goo, and not enough berry in it.

food4u

• Total Posts: 49
                                  Re:ISO: Rare Hostess Fruit Pie flavors Mon, 05/4/09 3:05 AM (permalink)
                                  I'm pretty much addicted to these! Actually, my favorite is the chocolate one. Which is odd because it's just chocolate pudding in the same sweet pastry shell. I'm also a fan of the apple ones. I've seen the berry (or blackberry? I'm not sure which. I wasn't a fan of the flavor) plenty of times out here in Oregon.

kevaxe2k2

Re:ISO: Rare Hostess Fruit Pie flavors Tue, 05/5/09 9:18 PM (permalink)
                                    Woot! First Hostess Strawberry Pie of the season today!

kevaxe2k2

Re:ISO: Rare Hostess Fruit Pie flavors Wed, 05/6/09 8:24 PM (permalink)
                                      Yeah, so I am a little concerned about my order with freshchocodiles.com

Put it in last Thursday, and after checkout a message popped up that they should be bakery fresh for shipping this Tuesday. I never got a confirmation email.

The other night I googled the site and found person after person on various sites saying they put in orders with this site and no contact, no confirmation, no product, etc. So, that got me concerned

I sent them an e-mail through their site a few days back basically asking for confirmation, tracking, etc. just making sure my order was receive.  Have not heard back.  The lack of response is a real flag. Hopefully I hear something soon!

stephiegirl

Re:ISO: Rare Hostess Fruit Pie flavors Wed, 05/6/09 9:22 PM (permalink)
                                        I really hope you get your order, like I said it was a few years ago when I got my order of pies.  Actually they made a mistake with my order.  I got the first order and then a month later I got another order of pies.  When I contacted them they said it was their error and that I could keep them free of charge because it was their mistake.  Does anyone remember when they had the Hostess vanilla pudding pies?  They were out for awhile when Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles were big the first time.  The wrapper was greenish yellow color and had one of the TMNT pictures on the front where the old wrappers had pictures of the fruit.

kevaxe2k2

Re:ISO: Rare Hostess Fruit Pie flavors Wed, 05/6/09 9:42 PM (permalink)
                                          Yeah, I remember those. 1991. Can't remember ever eating one--but I must have.  Wish they did cool movie tie ins like that now with different flavors. I do remember the vanilla pudding pies with the chocolate crust--those were great, but short lived back in'86

<message edited by kevaxe2k2@wyan.org on Wed, 05/6/09 9:49 PM>

stricken_detective

Re:ISO: Rare Hostess Fruit Pie flavors Fri, 05/8/09 1:13 PM (permalink)
                                            ^^Did they charge your credit card?

kevaxe2k2

Re:ISO: Rare Hostess Fruit Pie flavors Sat, 05/9/09 10:15 AM (permalink)
                                              Yep, week and  half and still nothing.  5 e-mails, no responses. I knew I was in trouble after googling them and seeing them on all the rip off sites.

And this site has been around awhile, How the hell is it still open? 

All I know is I am filing with IC3, BBB, rip off report, Paypal, etc. Gonna do my part with spreading the word. 

kevaxe2k2

Re:ISO: Rare Hostess Fruit Pie flavors Wed, 05/20/09 9:29 PM (permalink)
                                                What a nightmare. All I wanted was some Hostess Blackberry Pies---my white whale.

Now I got BBB, IC3, and the police involved. 30-40 emails? And not one reply. No money and no product. I am at a loss as to how freshchocodiles.com is still open.

I mean at least humor me and say "I sent it, you didn't get it?" or "bare with me, we are having some issues".  Just pretending I don't exist is what really ticks me off and has really fired me up to shut these theives down

melissa k

• Total Posts: 8
                                                  Re:ISO: Rare Hostess Fruit Pie flavors Wed, 06/24/09 1:29 PM (permalink)
                                                  Kevaxe did you ever get your pies or a resolution?  i ordered some donuts for my boyf on 6/12 but no response to an inquiries yet.  its seems hit or miss whether you actually get your order or not.  yuck who wants to deal with that.  im surprised paypal lets them still do business.

kevaxe2k2

Re:ISO: Rare Hostess Fruit Pie flavors Thu, 06/25/09 9:51 PM (permalink)
                                                    Classless people. I just got a refund out of the blue one day. No explanation, no apology, just "please refuse the pies when they are delivered".  As if they were on the way or something. I am just at a loss as to how they are in business. 

phlmaestro

Re:ISO: Rare Hostess Fruit Pie flavors Thu, 06/25/09 11:01 PM (permalink)
                                                      kevaxe2k2@wyan.org

Yeah, I remember those. 1991. Can't remember ever eating one--but I must have.  Wish they did cool movie tie ins like that now with different flavors. I do remember the vanilla pudding pies with the chocolate crust--those were great, but short lived back in'86

From the look of that photo, I'd say that people who liked that would probably also like the Tastykake Tastyklair pie. It's got a vanilla custard filling and chocolate frosting on top.
                                                      Here is a photo of one: http://shop.tastykake.com/b2c/b2c/mimes/images/catalog/101116.jpg

ynotryme

• Total Posts: 562
                                                        • Location: mansfield, TX
                                                        Re:ISO: Rare Hostess Fruit Pie flavors Fri, 06/26/09 12:22 AM (permalink)
                                                        http://find.mapmuse.com/brand/wonder to find hostess outlets in Mi or across the country

enginecapt

• Total Posts: 3486
                                                          • Location: Fontana, CA
                                                          Re:ISO: Rare Hostess Fruit Pie flavors Fri, 06/26/09 1:49 AM (permalink)
                                                          Hostess pies were 13 cents apiece when I was a kid in OC, CA. Cherry, pineapple, lemon and chocolate were my favorites. I can at least still get the cherry and lemon.

Now I want one. Two.

kevaxe2k2

• Location: wyandotte, MI
                                                            Re:ISO: Rare Hostess Fruit Pie flavors Sun, 06/28/09 10:23 PM (permalink)
                                                            that tastykake pie does look good!

Online Bookmarks Sharing: Share/Bookmark
                                                              Change Page: 1234567 > | Showing page 1 of 7, messages 1 to 30 of 197

Jump to:

Current active users

There are 0 members and 2 guests.

Icon Legend and Permission

• New Messages
                                                              • No New Messages
                                                              • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
                                                              • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
                                                              • Locked w/ New Messages
                                                              • Locked w/o New Messages
                                                              • Read Message
                                                              • Post New Thread
                                                              • Reply to message
                                                              • Post New Poll
                                                              • Submit Vote
                                                              • Post reward post
                                                              • Delete my own posts
                                                              • Delete my own threads
                                                              • Rate post

2000-2014 ASPPlayground.NET Forum Version 3.9
                                                              What is Roadfood?  |   Privacy Policy  |   Contact Roadfood.com   Copyright 2011 - Roadfood.com