We serve this one with barbecue. Fast, easy and good.
Golden Mac & Cheese
8 ounces macaroni
2 cups milk
1/4 cup all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon onion salt
20 ounces sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
1 cup soft breadcrumbs, crusts removed
1/4 cup butter, melted
1. Preheat oven to 350F.
2. Cook macaroni according to package directions; drain well. Set aside.
3. Place milk, flour, and onion salt in a quart jar; cover tightly, and shake vigorously 1 minute.
4. Stir together flour mixture, 3 1/2 cups cheese and macaroni.
5. Pour macaroni mixture into a lightly greased 13- x 9-inch baking dish. Sprinkle evenly with breadcrumbs and remaining 1 cup cheese; drizzle evenly with melted butter.
6. Bake at 350F for 45 minutes or until golden brown.
Originally from Southern Living.
<message edited by JRPfeff on Fri, 06/12/09 5:27 PM>