The most memorable local eateries along the highways and back roads of America
Sign In | Register for Free!
Restaurants Recipes Forums EatingTours Merchandise FAQ Maps Insider

Jacksonville Florida, Commissary

Change Page: 12 > | Showing page 1 of 2, messages 1 to 30 of 46
Beaverstreet

• Total Posts: 29
Jacksonville Florida, Commissary Wed, 07/29/09 9:43 AM (permalink)
Hello all!
I have just built out and Opened a commissary in Jacksonville. I did this so I could legally Cater and rent time and space to others.
Any advice out there on where to advertise??
I was just licensed this Monday and I am ready to help others in small business.
Thank you in advance for any Help

Chriss

BillyB

• Total Posts: 2851
    Re:Jacksonville Florida, Commissary Wed, 07/29/09 10:05 AM (permalink)
    Hey Chriss. How does that work with insurance.......... also have you written up a policy on cleanliness and sanitation guidelines. You will have somepeople renting the space and doing a good job, others are a bunch of slobs. What kind of liability insurance coverage do you want them to have to cover your needs and protect you. What if the people you rent to are illegals can they come after you.? What if your oven isn't calibrated and the food soemone makes isn't hot and people get sick, can they come after you?........... ..............I have a Cafe thats owned by a large retailer and they give me this space for fee, along with all the equipment. I have to have an insurance policy to cover their interests. They also have 100 other things but this will do for now......................Good luck ....Bill

Beaverstreet

Re:Jacksonville Florida, Commissary Wed, 07/29/09 10:24 AM (permalink)
      BillyB,
      Yes the paper trail is large and very specific. By the time people have read all the do's and dont's and initialed everything, then  I have been protected. The only people that can cause me any trouble is the health department, and I used the health inspector to help me write up the paperwork along with the attorney.
      The insurance they use will keep me separate.

PopsDogHouse

Re:Jacksonville Florida, Commissary Wed, 07/29/09 11:08 AM (permalink)
        Welcome Roadfood.

Call on the local street vendors in your area and let your local HD know that you will rent space and use to potential venodrs, caterers etc.... There are several cart manufacturers in Florida.  I would make them aware of your facility as well.   My guess is that you will be booked in no time.

BillyB

Re:Jacksonville Florida, Commissary Wed, 07/29/09 11:26 AM (permalink)
          Chriss, Great job, it looks like you covered all the bases........Good luck...........................................Bill

muffin336

• Total Posts: 127
            Re:Jacksonville Florida, Commissary Wed, 07/29/09 2:48 PM (permalink)
            Sounds like a great idea, now let others know and so you can book sites and other venues for your cart clients to help keep them busy! Especially the newbies. This would help the pros and the rookies. Just trying to help.

Beaverstreet

Re:Jacksonville Florida, Commissary Sun, 08/2/09 7:14 AM (permalink)
              Thank you all for your input, I especially never thought of contacting cart manufactors...great idea.
              I have started on craigslist and hitting as many hot doggers as I can with flyers.
              I have also contacted as many food reps as I can.
              I have also started purchasing hotdog carts so I can lease them to people.
              Any more suggestions would be appreciated.

Cajun man

• Total Posts: 85
                Re:Jacksonville Florida, Commissary Sun, 08/2/09 8:41 AM (permalink)
                Great job Beaver!  Good luck!  It sounds as though you could be a God send to newbies like myself!  Too bad - you aren't near me!

Beaverstreet

Re:Jacksonville Florida, Commissary Sun, 08/2/09 9:55 AM (permalink)
                  Newbies are some of the ones I am going after, I am hoping to get about 50 under contract so that I can expand even more.
                  The kitchen I built out is 3000 sq feet and I have the rest of my ware house to expand as needed. I have about 20,000 sq ft at my disposal.
                  The more people I can get the better I can make it.

Gene's Dogs

• Total Posts: 719
                    Re:Jacksonville Florida, Commissary Sun, 08/2/09 11:48 AM (permalink)
                    how far out Beaver Street are you?  have you come up with your pricing structure for hot dog guys?  my present commissary is kind of small and awkward with little elbow room, but it's cheap and close.

Beaverstreet

Re:Jacksonville Florida, Commissary Sun, 08/9/09 6:17 AM (permalink)
                      I am located just east of McDuff on Beaver Street
                      Yes the pricing structure is in place.
                      Elbow room is not a problem with 5000 sq feet.
                      I have already signed 2 caterers and 2 dog carts.
                      I am hoping for about 30 total, any more than that and I will build out another kitchen. I have no problem doing that as well.

Bill Reynolds

• Total Posts: 230
                        Re:Jacksonville Florida, Commissary Sun, 08/9/09 6:15 PM (permalink)
                        Do you have on site security?

Beaverstreet

Re:Jacksonville Florida, Commissary Mon, 08/10/09 7:03 AM (permalink)
                          Yes, I have it completely fenced in with enough lighting to look like a baseball field. I also just finished building out a 800 sq ft studio apartment for 24 hour security. I also will be putting a gaurd dog on the facility.
                          The metal roll up doors help alot too.

Beaverstreet

Re:Jacksonville Florida, Commissary Tue, 08/11/09 6:30 AM (permalink)
                            I now have my first three users of the commissary, not counting my catering company!!!!!I am so excited!!!!

I need to figure out how to get more, and more...
                            Flyers are out
                            craigslist ad is out
                            word is getting out
                            now what?

wienerslav

• Total Posts: 1
                              Re:Jacksonville Florida, Commissary Fri, 08/14/09 1:03 AM (permalink)
                              If anybody know of any commissaries in Houston, TX, please share.

Curbside Grill

• Total Posts: 3916
                                Re:Jacksonville Florida, Commissary Fri, 08/14/09 1:51 AM (permalink)
                                Beaverstreet

I now have my first three users of the commissary, not counting my catering company!!!!!I am so excited!!!!

I need to figure out how to get more, and more...
                                Flyers are out
                                craigslist ad is out
                                word is getting out
                                now what?

Sit back pat yourself on the back and give a little time to see whats working.

Beaverstreet

Re:Jacksonville Florida, Commissary Fri, 08/14/09 7:57 AM (permalink)
                                  No Time to pat myself on the back, too much to do!!!!

BillyB

Re:Jacksonville Florida, Commissary Fri, 08/14/09 11:27 AM (permalink)
                                    I would pass out flyers at the farmers market, there are always people looking to start their own business there......Good luck...Bill

SAOrganGrinder

• Total Posts: 34
                                      Re:Jacksonville Florida, Commissary Tue, 10/13/09 10:17 AM (permalink)
                                      Chriss,

You might contact Steve at this site http://www.hotdogprofits.com/commissary.html
                                      He has a page to advertise commissaries....
                                      Mike....

Philly Hu

• Total Posts: 183
                                        Re:Jacksonville Florida, Commissary Tue, 10/13/09 1:27 PM (permalink)
                                        Hi Beaverstreet,
                                        You can also hit up your local chamber of commerce or specific business associations local to your area - they might not directly have a need for you but they are good networking tools. It sounds like you are trying to go big and the more local business people you know the better.

Do you have a website - it also sounds like you have enough services to justify having one (commissary, cart leasing) then have it listed on google (for example) so when someone is searching for what you offer they can find you.  It is also easy to direct people to a site when they want more information and nowadays people almost expect you to have a website if you are a legit business.

Also I understand what Curbside was trying to say - with the clients you already have you should be working out all the bugs because there are sure to be issues that will come up. Better to solve them now than to grow to fast and have issues become major problems later. You don't have to pat yourself on the back, but you can take a deep breath and exhale slowly.... 
                                        <message edited by Philly Hu on Tue, 10/13/09 1:38 PM>

LittleStarr

Re:Jacksonville Florida, Commissary Wed, 02/17/10 9:13 AM (permalink)
                                          hi Chriss...I am getting ready to buy a small cart, just taking food handling class now, I have a spewcific place I am going to sell, but obviously I need a commissary service..can you send me some info or your website/phone number so I can contact you? Thanks! Great Day!
                                          Coleen!

food78

Re:Jacksonville Florida, Commissary Mon, 03/1/10 10:26 AM (permalink)
                                            Hi Beaverstreet!

Where are you located? I am looking at commercial kitchens for a potential new business.

john29

• Location: duval jacksonville, FL
                                              Re:Jacksonville Florida, Commissary Sat, 03/13/10 8:02 AM (permalink)
                                              i need to rent a commisaries spot now for my hot dog cart can you help me out i am in jacksonville fla my name john my number 904 6540643

john29

• Location: duval jacksonville, FL
                                                Re:Jacksonville Florida, Commissary Sat, 03/13/10 9:06 AM (permalink)
                                                hi can you help me out ilike to rent a spot from you i live in jax my name john my number 904 654 0643 ty

dakotaduke

Re:Jacksonville Florida, Commissary Thu, 07/22/10 8:02 AM (permalink)
                                                  Interested in your commissary. Do you have a phone number or email address so we can contact you and get info on your commissary?

Beaverstreet

• Location: Jacksonville, FL
                                                    Re:Jacksonville Florida, Commissary Fri, 07/23/10 2:11 PM (permalink)
                                                    Hey all,
                                                    Anyone may contact me through my email and I will schedule an appointment for you to see the Commissary and get you signed up with us.

To answer a few questions:
                                                    I am located on Beaver Street and no too far from I-10
                                                    I also have about 18 people currently signed up with the commissary with only 3 Hot doggers.
                                                    When you join the commissary you have 24 hour access to come and go as you need.

Contact me if you need anything,
                                                    Chriss Brown

Cool Scoops

• Total Posts: 4
                                                      Re:Jacksonville Florida, Commissary Tue, 08/17/10 10:04 PM (permalink)
                                                      Hi Beaverstreet,
                                                       Is your commissary still in operation ? I'm in the process of submitting my drawing and all of the necessary paperwork to Talahasse for my hotdog/ice cream truck. I have a commissary for my ice cream. I'm building in a three comparment sink and a hand wash sink in the truck. I need a commissary for the hot dogs. Where do I begin.

madcandy

• Total Posts: 2
                                                        Re:Jacksonville Florida, Commissary Mon, 08/23/10 1:00 PM (permalink)
                                                        Hi Chriss, I'm just starting out and in need of work space. Would you please email me with your contact information? Thanks, Mad  

madcandy

• Total Posts: 2
                                                          Re:Jacksonville Florida, Commissary Fri, 08/27/10 9:43 AM (permalink)
                                                          Chriss, I'd love to stop by to see your operation, today if possible. I've been unable to find a phone number or address.  please call me 904-451-3759. Thanks, Madeleine

BillyB

Re:Jacksonville Florida, Commissary Fri, 08/27/10 9:53 AM (permalink)
                                                            this is an old post by Beaverstreet If you want to come by my commissary on Tuesday morning I will help you, come by after you pick up the packet from the city. The address is 200 Forsyth for the city stuff.
                                                            Also go to this website and you will find alot of answers :

http://www.myfloridalicense.com/dbpr/

You can email me for the address to the commissary
                                                            beaverstreetcommissary@hotmail.com

Online Bookmarks Sharing: Share/Bookmark
                                                              Change Page: 12 > | Showing page 1 of 2, messages 1 to 30 of 46

Jump to:

Current active users

There are 0 members and 1 guests.

Icon Legend and Permission

• New Messages
                                                              • No New Messages
                                                              • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
                                                              • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
                                                              • Locked w/ New Messages
                                                              • Locked w/o New Messages
                                                              • Read Message
                                                              • Post New Thread
                                                              • Reply to message
                                                              • Post New Poll
                                                              • Submit Vote
                                                              • Post reward post
                                                              • Delete my own posts
                                                              • Delete my own threads
                                                              • Rate post

2000-2014 ASPPlayground.NET Forum Version 3.9
                                                              What is Roadfood?  |   Privacy Policy  |   Contact Roadfood.com   Copyright 2011 - Roadfood.com