The most memorable local eateries along the highways and back roads of America
Sign In | Register for Free!
Restaurants Recipes Forums EatingTours Merchandise FAQ Maps Insider
Forum Themes:
Welcome !

Today's Poll Question On How You Like Your Chili

Foodbme

• Total Posts: 9579
Today's Poll Question On How You Like Your Chili Fri, 10/16/09 2:14 PM (permalink)
There's one click box missing!

And it is----"ALL OF THEABOVE"!!!

MiamiDon

Re:Today's Poll Question On How You Like Your Chili Fri, 10/16/09 2:21 PM (permalink)
    You know, I kind of thought that they all sounded good to me, too!

Foodosaurus

Re:Today's Poll Question On How You Like Your Chili Fri, 10/16/09 2:38 PM (permalink)
      There is an option not given.  I was looking for Chilitos.  Or Chili filled burritos.  When my mom used to cook chili in the winter, we would eat burritos.  Some taco sauce, shredded cheddar, and ground beef chili with beans, all wrapped up in a large flour tortilla.

Twinwillow

• Total Posts: 4900
        Re:Today's Poll Question On How You Like Your Chili Fri, 10/16/09 3:11 PM (permalink)
        The most popular choice for me as well. In a bowl with plenty of hot sauce, raw onion and shredded cheddar.

mayor al

• Total Posts: 15073
          • Roadfood Insider
          Re:Today's Poll Question On How You Like Your Chili Fri, 10/16/09 7:01 PM (permalink)
          I'll go a bit lighter on the hot and spicy, but the onion and shredded cheese is great. Since we are defining "what's in it", as well as "how we enjoyed it", I like the meat in my chili to be shredded or 'chunky', (think Stew Beef) as opposed to ground beef. While I used to do very 'Hot' foods, I have mellowed in my senior years to appreciate the milder versions.  OH Yeah, toss in a can or two of spicy refried beans to 'thicken' the chili.  Now You've got me thinking of a pot to construct this weekend.

seatown76

• Total Posts: 379
            Re:Today's Poll Question On How You Like Your Chili Fri, 10/16/09 8:10 PM (permalink)
            I actually really hate it when I make Chili here in Wisconsin and everyone tells me I 'HAVE" to put noodles in it. Before I moved here I had never even thought or heard about doing something like that to great Chili!

You want noodles.....go make a casserole!

enginecapt

• Total Posts: 3486
              Re:Today's Poll Question On How You Like Your Chili Fri, 10/16/09 8:18 PM (permalink)
              I'm not picky.... just keep the kidney beans away from me.

But I chose chili size, the L.A. original, with plenty of diced onions and shredded extra sharp cheddar.

rebeltruce

• Total Posts: 698
                Re:Today's Poll Question On How You Like Your Chili Fri, 10/16/09 9:04 PM (permalink)
                I never met a Chili I didn't like..........except vegetarian...yuk!

All of the above should have been a choice...

mayor al

• Total Posts: 15073
                  • Roadfood Insider
                  Re:Today's Poll Question On How You Like Your Chili Fri, 10/16/09 9:41 PM (permalink)
                  It is hard for me to describe to my local friends here in the Louisville area, the shock I felt when I was served a cup of chili along with my lunch during my initial job interview at the college here in Indiana in 1978. As I spooned deeply into the cup of "pretty good" Chili I came up with half a spoonful of Spaghetti Noodles that had be resting in the bottom of the cup. I set the cup down suddenly, causing one of the guys from the interview team, who had taken me to lunch, to ask if something was wrong with it. I told him I thought I had been served chili in a "dirty cup". He laughed and described for me the "Pasta in Chili" habit of that area. 

I don't even notice it now, but that day it was a real cultural shock to this Californian. BTW I do not put Pasta in the chili I make here, no matter what the local custom !

carollwdls

• Total Posts: 86
                    Re:Today's Poll Question On How You Like Your Chili Fri, 10/16/09 11:15 PM (permalink)
                    Not only was the "all of the above" option missing AND the "Chiltos" option missing, the CRUCIAL question for chili was missing to me. And that is "To Bean, or NOT to Bean". Being from TexAss, of course it is "NOT to Bean" for me. I don't care if it's venison, beef, chicken, pork, veggie or other, chili should be sans beans (although the classic for me is beef). That doesn't mean I don't enjoy a spicy beef n bean concotion, I just don't call it "chili". And if I poured it over rice or noodles or encased it in a flour tortilla or a a plastic bag of fritos, it would also become something other (although good) than chili. Like I enjoy a vodka & vermouth icy cold straight up but I don't call it a "Martini".
                     CiaoMeOwwww!

mountain traveler

• Total Posts: 130
                      Re:Today's Poll Question On How You Like Your Chili Wed, 10/21/09 1:39 AM (permalink)
                      I like mine with lots of beef and just a little sugar in the chili sauce. Then I top it off with melted cheddar and sour cream.

SuperSoCal6787

• Total Posts: 13
                        Re:Today's Poll Question On How You Like Your Chili Thu, 11/19/09 2:42 PM (permalink)
                        I like my chili spicy with plenty of onions and cheddar cheese. Mmmm...it's almost lunchtime and now I'm hungry!

Russ Jackson

• Total Posts: 2257
                          Re:Today's Poll Question On How You Like Your Chili Thu, 11/19/09 3:18 PM (permalink)
                          Topped with diced onions and yellow mustard...Russ

Foodbme

Re:Today's Poll Question On How You Like Your Chili Fri, 11/20/09 12:22 AM (permalink)
                            In a Bowl!
                            If it's even close to Chili, I'll eat or at least try it!

NYPIzzaNut

• Total Posts: 3127
                              Re:Today's Poll Question On How You Like Your Chili Fri, 11/20/09 12:54 AM (permalink)
                              I can eat chili many ways but one of my favorites is with a hunk of crusty chewy sourdough or French or Italian bread.

EatingTheRoad

• Total Posts: 1205
                                Re:Today's Poll Question On How You Like Your Chili Fri, 11/20/09 7:25 AM (permalink)
                                Foodbme

In a Bowl!
                                If it's even close to Chili, I'll eat or at least try it!

What's the furthest from chili you've had that you might still call "chili"?

NYPIzzaNut

I can eat chili many ways but one of my favorites is with a hunk of crusty chewy sourdough or French or Italian bread.

Agreed! It's got to be crusty.

NYPIzzaNut

• Total Posts: 3127
                                  Re:Today's Poll Question On How You Like Your Chili Sat, 11/21/09 3:46 PM (permalink)
                                  It also has to be crusty and chewy for sandwiches.

guspas

• Total Posts: 197
                                    Re:Today's Poll Question On How You Like Your Chili Mon, 11/23/09 12:51 AM (permalink)
                                    EatingTheRoad

I make  deep fried chili. http://bit.ly/6zMKCx

Started out as a joke but have gotten so many raves on it, I was forced to add it on the menu

Foodbme

Re:Today's Poll Question On How You Like Your Chili Mon, 11/23/09 2:20 AM (permalink)
                                      guspas

EatingTheRoad

Started out as a joke but have gotten so many raves on it, I was forced to add it on the menu

I Clicked on the link and didn't get it????? The chili we are talking about is the Chili in a bowl, Tomato sauce, meat, chili powder, cumin etc. Not the "Poppers" type of whole or partial . I must admit your your poppers look fantastic!

guspas

Re:Today's Poll Question On How You Like Your Chili Mon, 11/23/09 2:33 AM (permalink)
                                        Yes..I make the chili with meat, tomato sauce, chili powder, cumin and all that. no beans though..instead of a bowl i use cornbread coating.  Portable chili, if you will.  They aren't poppers

EatingTheRoad

• Total Posts: 1205
                                          Re:Today's Poll Question On How You Like Your Chili Mon, 11/23/09 8:12 AM (permalink)
                                          guspas

EatingTheRoad

Here's the photo since some were having trouble:

That looks amazing! How many to an order and what's the cost? Any sauces served with it?
                                          <message edited by EatingTheRoad on Mon, 11/23/09 8:13 AM>

guspas

Re:Today's Poll Question On How You Like Your Chili Mon, 11/23/09 4:52 PM (permalink)
                                            4 to an order and it comes with fries and a cup of real chedder cheese sauce.  Not the can stuff.  And i charge $6.50 which includes the tax

veracious

• Total Posts: 14
                                              Re:Today's Poll Question On How You Like Your Chili Tue, 05/17/11 3:02 AM (permalink)

I Clicked on the link and didn't get it????? The chili we are talking about is the Chili in a bowl, Tomato sauce, meat, chili powder, cumin etc. Not the "Poppers" type of whole or partial . I must admit your your poppers look fantastic!

I never met a Chili, Actually vegetarian ....hmmmm

gregys

• Total Posts: 126
                                                Re:Today's Poll Question On How You Like Your Chili Tue, 05/24/11 9:40 PM (permalink)
                                                Chili macs are common, but it's like macroni and meat sauce to. I don't care for it. I can eat a little. I like no meat in my macron sauce.

I just like my mothers chili which is very similar to Wendy's.

I also like the veggie chili at Hard Times Cafe.

Greg
                                                <message edited by gregys on Tue, 05/24/11 9:48 PM>

gregys

• Total Posts: 126
                                                  Re:Today's Poll Question On How You Like Your Chili Tue, 05/24/11 9:44 PM (permalink)
                                                  A
                                                  <message edited by gregys on Tue, 05/24/11 9:46 PM>

Penn German Chef

• Total Posts: 22
                                                    Re:Today's Poll Question On How You Like Your Chili Wed, 05/25/11 6:22 AM (permalink)
                                                    The only way real chile is supposed to be made and that's the way its served in New Mexico whether its red or green. It the only Chile bowl I consider worthy of the term bowl of chile. All the rest is pure GRINGO MUCK!!!

KurtSara

• Total Posts: 181
                                                      Re:Today's Poll Question On How You Like Your Chili Wed, 05/25/11 11:38 AM (permalink)
                                                      rebeltruce

I never met a Chili I didn't like..........except vegetarian...yuk!

All of the above should have been a choice...

vegetarian anything is just plain wrong

vegetables are not food, vegetables are what food eats

Online Bookmarks Sharing: Share/Bookmark

Jump to:

Current active users

There are 0 members and 1 guests.

Icon Legend and Permission

• New Messages
                                                        • No New Messages
                                                        • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
                                                        • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
                                                        • Locked w/ New Messages
                                                        • Locked w/o New Messages
                                                        • Read Message
                                                        • Post New Thread
                                                        • Reply to message
                                                        • Post New Poll
                                                        • Submit Vote
                                                        • Post reward post
                                                        • Delete my own posts
                                                        • Delete my own threads
                                                        • Rate post

2000-2014 ASPPlayground.NET Forum Version 3.9
                                                        What is Roadfood?  |   Privacy Policy  |   Contact Roadfood.com   Copyright 2011 - Roadfood.com