The most memorable local eateries along the highways and back roads of America
Sign In | Register for Free!
Restaurants Recipes Forums EatingTours Merchandise FAQ Maps Insider
Forum Themes:
Welcome !

Roadfood tour of Wisconsin, where to eat?

Change Page: < 1234 | Showing page 4 of 4, messages 91 to 99 of 99
Wintahaba

• Total Posts: 109
Re:Roadfood tour of Wisconsin, where to eat? Sun, 12/2/12 11:30 AM (permalink)
Ann, Since you are a prime rib fan this one is for you. The Black Otter Supper Club in Hortonville. http://www.theblackottersupperclub.com/index.html   I have never been, but my servers and bartenders would go all the time. The Queen bone in (2lbs-25.95)~The King bone in (4.5lbs-33.95)~The Super bone in (7.25lbs+ market price-finish it and get a photo on the Wall of Fame + a t-shirt)~The Extreme bone in (10lbs+ market price-finish it and get a photo on the Wall of Fame + a t-shirt + a 20.00 Gift Certificate)....4 people have finished the Extreme in 7 years-YIKES! Chris
<message edited by Wintahaba on Sun, 12/2/12 11:31 AM>

ann peeples

• Total Posts: 8317
    Re:Roadfood tour of Wisconsin, where to eat? Sun, 12/2/12 2:42 PM (permalink)
    Thanks, Wintahaba-drooling.......I will say as I could never eat that much meat at a time, I LOVE leftovers.....

ScreamingChicken

• Total Posts: 4729
      Re:Roadfood tour of Wisconsin, where to eat? Mon, 12/3/12 10:35 AM (permalink)
      Wintahaba

I have never been, but my servers and bartenders would go all the time.
      Are you in the restaurant business, Chris?

Wintahaba

Re:Roadfood tour of Wisconsin, where to eat? Mon, 12/3/12 3:48 PM (permalink)
        Yes, I have been the business all my adult life, started as a waiter at an Inn in Maine after High School, then got into management after college, with stints (in order-my poor Wife)  in N. Virginia + DC/Florida/NE Philadelphia/Albany NY area/Des Moines/Rochester NY/Lake George, NY/W Chicago Burbs/Appleton/N Virginia, again/back to Appleton. We also leased and operated 2 restaurants-1 in Albany, NY area and a 1946 Diner in the Adirondacks. I am also an artist that mostly paint's "Vanishing America" roadside type paintings. I am still working on a series featuring Diners/Motels/Gas Stations/Drive-Inns etc. I need to finish a large Dog & Suds Drive-Inn that has "almost" been done for 5 years now :) Here is a sample, taken w/ camera, so not as sharp as in person. Thanks...I've been lurking for years and recently started posting...you folks are informative and entertaining. GREAT SITE.

MilwFoodlovers

• Total Posts: 3091
          Re:Roadfood tour of Wisconsin, where to eat? Wed, 12/5/12 9:25 AM (permalink)
          Annie, The 5 O'Clock Club still gets my big thumbs up. The potato is now ala carte but still the size of a football. The steaks a bit smaller than years ago. Everything else remains unchanged (not including prices which are more than fair), the hot bread, the relish tray, the communal salad (smaller but they will re-fill upon request), the service, the large drinks, the ordering at the bar. I look forward to returning.

http://www.fiveoclocksteakhouse.com/wi/index.html

kland01s

• Total Posts: 2835
            Re:Roadfood tour of Wisconsin, where to eat? Wed, 12/5/12 9:39 AM (permalink)
            Wintahaba

Yes, I have been the business all my adult life, started as a waiter at an Inn in Maine after High School, then got into management after college, with stints (in order-my poor Wife)  in N. Virginia + DC/Florida/NE Philadelphia/Albany NY area/Des Moines/Rochester NY/Lake George, NY/W Chicago Burbs/Appleton/N Virginia, again/back to Appleton. We also leased and operated 2 restaurants-1 in Albany, NY area and a 1946 Diner in the Adirondacks. I am also an artist that mostly paint's "Vanishing America" roadside type paintings. I am still working on a series featuring Diners/Motels/Gas Stations/Drive-Inns etc. I need to finish a large Dog & Suds Drive-Inn that has "almost" been done for 5 years now :) Here is a sample, taken w/ camera, so not as sharp as in person. Thanks...I've been lurking for years and recently started posting...you folks are informative and entertaining. GREAT SITE.

Very nice!!

ann peeples

• Total Posts: 8317
              Re:Roadfood tour of Wisconsin, where to eat? Wed, 12/5/12 10:20 AM (permalink)
              I agree, Mike. 5 O'clock remains our favorite place, hands down. We love everything about the place. Have you tried their steak fries? Divine when dipped in the steak juice.....

Wintahaba

Re:Roadfood tour of Wisconsin, where to eat? Sat, 12/8/12 7:10 AM (permalink)
                A few links for your Fox Valley visiting enjoyment....
                Dick and Joan's-http://www.dickandjoans.bravehost.com/
                The Heiting Place...the original home of Dick and Joan's-http://heitingplace.com/
                George's Steak House-Been around forever-Always a winner of Best Steak + a cool old Piano Bar-http://www.georgessteakhouseappleton.com/
                The Out-O-Town Club-Off 41-Classic 40's Supper Club-http://www.outotownclub.com/
                The Red Ox-Another institution and great fresh Oyster Raw Bar a few days a week-http://www.redoxseafoodandsteakhouse.com/
                Almost across from the Red Ox-Neimuth's Market-THE go to place in the Valley for Fresh Seafood/Distinctive Beer/Fine Meat
                Selection-http://niemuths.com/
                Enjoy!

ScreamingChicken

• Total Posts: 4729
                  Re:Roadfood tour of Wisconsin, where to eat? Wed, 01/23/13 9:34 AM (permalink)
                  I'm leaving for Appleton this Friday and it's good to see that Dick and Joan's, George's, and Red Ox all do weekday lunches as well as dinner.  I'll definitely be in the Valley by dinnertime but I could make it there in time for a late lunch, too.

My employer has a Green Bay branch and there's some talk about a few people possibly meeting at Sammy's on Friday night as well.

Online Bookmarks Sharing: Share/Bookmark
                    Change Page: < 1234 | Showing page 4 of 4, messages 91 to 99 of 99

Jump to:

Current active users

There are 0 members and 1 guests.

Icon Legend and Permission

• New Messages
                    • No New Messages
                    • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
                    • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
                    • Locked w/ New Messages
                    • Locked w/o New Messages
                    • Read Message
                    • Post New Thread
                    • Reply to message
                    • Post New Poll
                    • Submit Vote
                    • Post reward post
                    • Delete my own posts
                    • Delete my own threads
                    • Rate post

2000-2014 ASPPlayground.NET Forum Version 3.9
                    What is Roadfood?  |   Privacy Policy  |   Contact Roadfood.com   Copyright 2011 - Roadfood.com