The most memorable local eateries along the highways and back roads of America
Sign In | Register for Free!
Restaurants Recipes Forums EatingTours Merchandise FAQ Maps Insider
Forum Themes:
Welcome !

Minnesota State Fair Guide for Wanderingjew

Davydd

• Total Posts: 6230
Minnesota State Fair Guide for Wanderingjew Tue, 08/31/10 5:58 PM (permalink)
If you don't know it already, wanderingjew is traveling the heartland and taking in roadfood and baseball. He said he would be coming back to the Twin Cities and take in the Minnesota State Fair on the last day, Labor Day, before departing east. So to save him time I thought I would post these photos so he can get to these places.

We know wanderingjew is searching out hotdish so he should know he can get it on a stick over by the Horse Barn. That's a kabob of Swedish meatballs and tator tots with a mushroom soup dipping sauce.

In the Food Building Lynn's Potato Lefse Booth serves lefse and other Swedish delights.

Wanderingjew should then wander over to the Salem Lutheran Church's Booth up by the Eco Center for some Swedish Egg Coffee.

To top off his memorable visit the Minneapolis Star Tribune newspaper booth sells this wonderful Lutefisk T-shirt for a measley $5.

I tried but I could find no real lutefisk to eat, not even deep-fried on a stick. Minnesotans will only go so far to make fun of themselves.

wanderingjew

• Total Posts: 7410
    • Roadfood Insider
    Re:Minnesota State Fair Guide for Wanderingjew Tue, 08/31/10 7:21 PM (permalink)
    From the hotel computer.....somewhere in the midwest.....
    I'm laughing my head off....

Yes I'll admit I hope to try the lingonberry lefse, I'll pass on the others, but the turkey legs, cheese curds and fresh ears of corn had better be there waiting for me!

mar52

• Total Posts: 7609
      Re:Minnesota State Fair Guide for Wanderingjew Tue, 08/31/10 7:54 PM (permalink)
      Okay, I give up.  What is lefse and egg coffee?

Davydd

Re:Minnesota State Fair Guide for Wanderingjew Tue, 08/31/10 8:19 PM (permalink)
        Lefse is a soft, flat white bread. Swedish egg coffee is a mixture of eggshells and eggwhites with the coffee grounds. The coffee is filtered out supposedly with greater clarity and less bitterness.

Davydd

Re:Minnesota State Fair Guide for Wanderingjew Tue, 08/31/10 8:22 PM (permalink)
          wanderingjew

From the hotel computer.....somewhere in the midwest.....
          I'm laughing my head off....

Yes I'll admit I hope to try the lingonberry lefse, I'll pass on the others, but the turkey legs, cheese curds and fresh ears of corn had better be there waiting for me!

The cheese curds, turkey legs and roasted ears of corn on the cob are all there.

Davydd

Re:Minnesota State Fair Guide for Wanderingjew Tue, 08/31/10 8:31 PM (permalink)
            BTW, wj, we won't be in town Monday. We are heading to Wisconsin to take on the Contingent's 2010 Brat Challenge. I think they are expecting me to bring lutefisk/wild rice/lingonberry brats.

JRPfeff

• Total Posts: 2376
              Re:Minnesota State Fair Guide for Wanderingjew Tue, 08/31/10 11:29 PM (permalink)
              Don't miss the Chocolate Covered Bacon Cheeseburger on a Krispy Kreme Donut.

Or the Chili-Cheese Dog on a Stick.

kaszeta

Re:Minnesota State Fair Guide for Wanderingjew Tue, 08/31/10 11:31 PM (permalink)
                Takes me back.  I used to volunteer for the University of Minnesota for a morning every year to get free fair tickets.

mar52

• Total Posts: 7609
                  Re:Minnesota State Fair Guide for Wanderingjew Tue, 08/31/10 11:50 PM (permalink)
                  Thanks, Davy.  The Lefse sounds good, but I'm not sure about egg whites in coffee.  I don't even like them in my scrambled eggs!

Nancypalooza

• Total Posts: 3778
                    Re:Minnesota State Fair Guide for Wanderingjew Wed, 09/1/10 10:27 AM (permalink)
                    Maybe the relatives of Mrs. Andrew A. Olsen should set up a booth somewhere?

' />

Online Bookmarks Sharing: Share/Bookmark

Jump to:

Current active users

There are 0 members and 1 guests.

Icon Legend and Permission

• New Messages
                      • No New Messages
                      • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
                      • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
                      • Locked w/ New Messages
                      • Locked w/o New Messages
                      • Read Message
                      • Post New Thread
                      • Reply to message
                      • Post New Poll
                      • Submit Vote
                      • Post reward post
                      • Delete my own posts
                      • Delete my own threads
                      • Rate post

2000-2014 ASPPlayground.NET Forum Version 3.9
                      What is Roadfood?  |   Privacy Policy  |   Contact Roadfood.com   Copyright 2011 - Roadfood.com