The most memorable local eateries along the highways and back roads of America
Sign In | Register for Free!
Restaurants Recipes Forums EatingTours Merchandise FAQ Maps Insider

Top Dog Carts.

digitsstreetmeet

• Total Posts: 19
Top Dog Carts. Fri, 09/17/10 3:31 PM (permalink)
Does anyone know what is going on with Top Dog Carts?  I have been talking with Barb to purchase a cart and I have not been able to contact her for over 2 weeks. Her voicemail says that the mailbox is full.  Any help would be great.  Really want to get my cart.  

vascout

• Total Posts: 13
    Re:Top Dog Carts. Mon, 09/20/10 7:10 AM (permalink)
    Barb and Jim are preparing for their wedding set for October. Good luck, it is a slow process but well worth the wait time.

zumguteetz

• Total Posts: 171
      Re:Top Dog Carts. Tue, 09/21/10 5:48 PM (permalink)
      So much for service after the sale....I love my Topdog cart but communicating with them is terrible. I had a water line issue this spring and never got my questions answered. Luckily I found a plumber who was willing to work on the cart. The design of the cart makes it impossible to get to the faucets so I had them reset and rerouted the water lines. I am sure that the folks at Topdog realize that this was a design flaw and couldn't give me much help, That's probably why I never heard back from them. I still love my cart but not the company.

Tasty Dogs

• Total Posts: 394
        Re:Top Dog Carts. Tue, 09/21/10 6:42 PM (permalink)
        vascout

Barb and Jim are preparing for their wedding set for October. Good luck, it is a slow process but well worth the wait time.

Were Barb and Jim preparing for their wedding last spring too? And will they then be preparing for the birth of their child? Good customer service returns your call the same day if not the same hour especially if you have a problem with something they sold you. BAD  customer service is a SLOW process.

Jerry

Curbside Bistro

• Total Posts: 9
          Re:Top Dog Carts. Tue, 09/21/10 11:43 PM (permalink)
          Jim makes a great cart, the office is an absolute nightmare.

TopDogCarts

Re:Top Dog Carts. Thu, 10/14/10 10:48 PM (permalink)
            Hello All,

Many of you have spoken to myself. the "Girl Friday" of Top Dog Carts. We have appreciated and relied on all of your business for multitudes of years, all of you have made us who we are today, we enjoy being the "TOP DOG" of the mobile food business.
               Hot Dog Jim, is  an original one of a kind GURU, in the cart business. He is also 67 years old. Jim has always enjoyed building, creating and designing, one of a kind universal food merchandising equipment. In creating what he loved, he did not only create his financial stability but many of our clients created their own future.
               Mobile Foods policy has always been to create the finest food merchandising equipment. Each and every one of our customers we always treat and take care of them as our own. We do not aggressively pursue sales, ever! It has always been our policy that we want our customers to be informed, and knowlegable that they are receiving the finest food manufacturing equipment in the world.
               We work as a team, we do not mass produce in a foreign country. Every individual unit, has been created with many hours of blood, sweat and tears. Masterpieces are we we consider them, every cart has a story, history behind it. I love everey customer. ALL of you have a story, whether it be economic hardship, a career change, etc. I wish I had enough knowledge to answer the most significant detail, unfortunately I do not.
                Our policy has always been to build the "right" cart, not a cart right now. I have been asked numerous times WHY? Well, we only have limited space, limited time and limited employees. It costs money with the overhead, to hire and train employees, and deliver what we consider the best mobile unit on the market, which would increase the price to the consumer.
                 Every person, family and partnership has chosen a unit to meet their specific vending needs. We admire that. Top Dog has not only been a successful builder but has helped modify, improve, and change many vendors units, to adjust and suite the needs of our consumers. Hot grilled food, keeps us going, and we love drty water dogs!
                We are going to continue to build, on the same level as Mobile Foods always has.  We admire each and every customer, used cart customers have always received the same treatment as if the unit was bought new.
                "Jerry" I am apologizing in regards to yourself not receiving an immediate response, the Spring is a very busy season for myself. I did thoroughly search for yourself in the units that were sold in that time period. I could not find you! Please call me, I am sure it is an oversight, 407- 373-5222

Curbside~ I wish you had made a visit to Orlando, to actually see my office! Dis organized, it is NOT! You have my personal cell so feel free to call and discuss.

Best Wishes Fellow Foodies,
            Happy Hotdogs, We Relish All, Ketchup Later........B

jyawn

• Total Posts: 3
              Re:Top Dog Carts. Wed, 11/10/10 1:57 PM (permalink)
              I HAVE A TOP DOG CART I WOULD LIKE TO SELL CONTACT ME .
              404-416-7342
              <message edited by jyawn on Wed, 11/10/10 1:59 PM>

Wintem01

• Total Posts: 205
                Re:Top Dog Carts. Wed, 11/10/10 3:14 PM (permalink)
                jyawn,
                Info? pics?

Curbside Grill

• Total Posts: 3916
                  Re:Top Dog Carts. Wed, 11/10/10 4:06 PM (permalink)
                  What is a Top Dog Cart. Need Info. Was looking to Kia
                  <message edited by Curbside Grill on Wed, 11/10/10 5:56 PM>

digitsstreetmeet

• Total Posts: 19
                    Re:Top Dog Carts. Wed, 11/10/10 10:48 PM (permalink)
                    Just sent the deposit for my Top Dog cart today.  SO EXCITED!

Curbside Grill

Re:Top Dog Carts. Thu, 11/11/10 1:33 AM (permalink)
                      Digitstreetsmeet
                      May I suggest as an opening act, after you receive your cart, Breakfast.
                      Bacon, Sausages, Pancakes. Hash Browned Potatoes also. I have become so adapted to doing a 12 egg omelet and HashBrowns. People at work look forward to my bringing the cart there.
                      Then move to sausages.-with some grilled onions and peppers.
                      There has been more Hamburgers off that cart for family. My outside kitchen.
                      I still fire it up for big gatherings at the house. The only thing am still trying to figure out is how to do a Standing Rib Roast.lol 
                       That is the EGGS job.

I at all possible use 30# tanks. I use to get up to 6 wks off of one, with lunch everyday. Now the the only thing you will need is a Butane Torch to light the grill. Hard to reach grill pilot lights with the long reach Zippo Lighters. Hell, bought one over four years ago at Wally world for less than $10.00 and still has life.
                      Probally build a gazebo around the thing, put in a fan an add my BGE'S  and walla kitchen.

Doing Fajitas at work  Fri. and Family Reunion , birthdays( old birds are 88 and 93)  on Sunday. All family
                      then off to the country to make Goat Cheese for 10 whole days.

<message edited by Curbside Grill on Thu, 11/11/10 2:12 AM>

jyawn

• Total Posts: 3
                        Re:Top Dog Carts. Thu, 11/11/10 11:34 AM (permalink)
                        pics are on craigslist atlanta ga do not know how to load on this site yet yoy can also go to top dog carts .com and see. my cart has lots of extras it has racks front and rear for coolers extra springs for the extra weight also four sinks call me and i will try to email pics. Jack @ 404-416-7342 will save you some money only used seven times.

ps303

• Total Posts: 137
                          Re:Top Dog Carts. Thu, 11/11/10 1:16 PM (permalink)
                          jyawn

pics are on craigslist atlanta ga do not know how to load on this site yet yoy can also go to top dog carts .com and see. my cart has lots of extras it has racks front and rear for coolers extra springs for the extra weight also four sinks call me and i will try to email pics. Jack @ 404-416-7342 will save you some money only used seven times.

Here is the link to the posting on Craigslist.

http://atlanta.craigslist...tl/bfs/2052633903.html

Curbside Grill

Re:Top Dog Carts. Thu, 11/11/10 1:56 PM (permalink)
                            Please show the cooking area. That is what makes the cart. Everyone thinks signage is it.  Cooking area to show what can be done. 
                            <message edited by Curbside Grill on Thu, 11/11/10 1:58 PM>

zumguteetz

• Total Posts: 171
                              Re:Top Dog Carts. Thu, 11/11/10 5:17 PM (permalink)
                              The "Girl Friday" writes a great apology but I am STILL waiting for a replacement ID tag with serial number for the TOP DOG cart I purchased used last year. I called TWICE in the spring and asked each time if they could track down the original serial number for the unit but I NEVER HEARD BACK. I also NEVER received a response to a letter I took the time to write to Jim asking about a serious plumbing problem I had. Turns out that the wonderful cooler that Jim is SO PROUD of is built in such a way as to not allow ANY access to the faucet. When I had a leak a professional plumber had no choice but to cut off the existing faucet, relocate it and reroute the water lines. It cost me $300+ to get it fixed. I love my cart, even though there are some other quality control issues but I am UNIMPRESSED with the lack of customer service I received.

dudesdogs

• Total Posts: 2
                                Re:Top Dog Carts. Wed, 12/5/12 10:16 PM (permalink)
                                Don't. Waste your time or money, dealing with barbera or jim, I purchased a cart from them, when it got here the. Nails or screws they used in the shipping crate where way to long, so they rubbed and gouged very deep holes in the top of the cart, then there was the matter of no condiment trays in the cooler, none what so ever, also when I opened the rear compartment for propane tank I found a pair of wire cutter/ wire stripper pliers laying inside obviously forgotten by some incompetent worker, there were also a set of bare wire just hanging inside same compartment , I have no idea what they go to, or if its even safe, when I finally countacted Jim about this he was busy and walking to go to his new shop and would call me when he got there, same line I heard from him a year earlier, anyway, no call from him, no ansewer when I called them, finally get a hold of barbra, and was completely treated like **** from the word go, nothing was ever taken care of, no questions ansewered, no items sent to me, that were never installed to begin with, nothing, just bull**** and run around, I have pictures of all of the problems mentioned above if anyone would like me to send them to them as proof ? Anyway I seen barbra post a reply in this thread, in response to yet another person having problems with them, get used to it people that is what you will get most of the time from these people, Barber, reply to this post if you can lift your head up and own everything I said as being true because you know it is, don't waste your time people with top dog carts, and there excuses and bull****, Aaron L. Hammer

brickboo

• Total Posts: 330
                                  Re:Top Dog Carts. Thu, 12/6/12 12:49 PM (permalink)
                                  Geez,
                                  I'v had several businesses over my life always trying to improve my position.
                                  The posts here are a business killer. It seems maybe the early models were great. Then they started making changes trying to save a Nickel and now the quality has gone way done hill and the service even further.

My experience working with Steve at Concession Carts of MICHIGAN HAS BEEN A NIGHTMARE ALSO. HE LIED TO ME ABOUT HAVING NO WOOD ON THE FLOOR. ANYONE CARE TO TAKE A TRIP TO COLORADO? I'LL SHOW YOU THE WOODEN FLOOR. 
                                  Another problem was that  my fire kept going out. The propane people at "Amerigas" showed me that the orifice was to small and it would freeze up. Would you not expect a manufacture of supposedly so many carts should know this. Come on now, really?

That's my perspective as a business person for over 40 years. The economy causes this crap to happen, but is still no excuse for screwing your customer base. There are a lot of flakes in business for themselves today, because they couldn't make it working for anyone else. They are to undependable.

BpCBlake

• Total Posts: 436
                                    Re:Top Dog Carts. Thu, 12/6/12 2:07 PM (permalink)
                                    yep. search the internet for hot dog cart complaints and you will see so really bad stuff. most seem to be about willy dog carts thou. crappy, damaged, dont work, not what was ordered.

dudesdogs

• Total Posts: 2
                                      Re:Top Dog Carts. Sat, 03/2/13 1:10 PM (permalink)
                                      once again the same treatment response as usuall from top dog carts, i emailed them on there new awesome web site ? that doesnt even work itself, anyway, asked them if i could purchase the condiment rack and tray and hardware to install it myself, seeings as how they never installed it in the first place, even though i paid for it, well once again no response, guess i shouldnt be surprised by that, has anyone contacted the better business bureau about this company ?

djdawg

• Total Posts: 439
                                        Re:Top Dog Carts. Sat, 03/2/13 2:11 PM (permalink)
                                        More reasons to build your own cart people!  Don't mean to hijack but it is a viable option for everyone....I didn't really need any special tools and and I'm not a construction guy at all....just throwing that option out there....

Foodbme

• Total Posts: 9543
                                          Re:Top Dog Carts. Sat, 03/2/13 2:36 PM (permalink)
                                          jyawn

I HAVE A TOP DOG CART I WOULD LIKE TO SELL CONTACT ME .
                                          404-416-7342

Put your COMPLETE INFORMATION here:
                                          http://www.roadfood.com/Forums/Roadfood-Classifed-For-Sale-and-Want-Ads-f48.aspx 

Online Bookmarks Sharing: Share/Bookmark

Jump to:

Current active users

There are 0 members and 2 guests.

Icon Legend and Permission

• New Messages
                                            • No New Messages
                                            • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
                                            • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
                                            • Locked w/ New Messages
                                            • Locked w/o New Messages
                                            • Read Message
                                            • Post New Thread
                                            • Reply to message
                                            • Post New Poll
                                            • Submit Vote
                                            • Post reward post
                                            • Delete my own posts
                                            • Delete my own threads
                                            • Rate post

2000-2014 ASPPlayground.NET Forum Version 3.9
                                            What is Roadfood?  |   Privacy Policy  |   Contact Roadfood.com   Copyright 2011 - Roadfood.com