The most memorable local eateries along the highways and back roads of America
Sign In | Register for Free!
Restaurants Recipes Forums EatingTours Merchandise FAQ Maps Insider

Concession Trailer Windows

Change Page: 12 > | Showing page 1 of 2, messages 1 to 30 of 36
reese77

• Total Posts: 508
Concession Trailer Windows Wed, 01/12/11 2:23 PM (permalink)
Does anyone know where I can purchase a concession window. I received a great quote from HUMPHREY PRODUCTS in Kansas but they do not take credit cards, phone or online orders so I would have to mail in a money order.

I am in GA and I have been searching the internet for a manufacturer without any results other than Humphrey.

THE WILD DOG

• Total Posts: 1465
    Re:Concession Trailer Windows Wed, 01/12/11 3:51 PM (permalink)
    Ocilla GA,  Cargo South Inc. They build concession trailers. They will have what you are looking for. Not sure how far away you are from them.
    http://www.cargosouthinc.com/

I bought my trailer from them, I love it...

chefbuba

• Total Posts: 1951
      Re:Concession Trailer Windows Wed, 01/12/11 5:44 PM (permalink)
      Go to any Home Depot  and see someone in millworks...they can special order just about any window you want built.

reese77

• Total Posts: 508
        Re:Concession Trailer Windows Wed, 01/12/11 9:17 PM (permalink)
        Thank you both for the reply. I sent an email to Cargo South and I will try Home Depot tomorrow.

SimplicityTrailerWindows

• Total Posts: 7
          Re:Concession Trailer Windows Thu, 06/23/11 9:14 PM (permalink)
          Indiana - Yes we can build you any custom size you need concession trailer window.  We are located in Indiana and take credit cards as well as online payment. Our company is Simplicity Innovations just type that in the search engine. You can also find us on e-bay. We also can supply cabinets and doors as well, pretty much anything you need for your trailer. Please just visit our site and contact us we will be more than happy to walk you thru and get your new Amusement Concession Window ordered Today. Thanks so much

<message edited by SimplicityTrailerWindows on Thu, 06/23/11 9:16 PM>

Schmelly

• Total Posts: 185
            Re:Concession Trailer Windows Thu, 06/23/11 9:23 PM (permalink)
            Go to Home Depot I just went through the whole process myself.

skip heffner

• Total Posts: 2
              Re:Concession Trailer Windows Thu, 01/3/13 1:55 AM (permalink)
              Schmelly

Go to Home Depot I just went through the whole process myself.

skip heffner

Re:Concession Trailer Windows Thu, 01/3/13 1:58 AM (permalink)
                What is the average cost of a three foot by six foot window with three windows middle permanent and ends are sliders at Home Depot? I hope your still out there. 
                <message edited by skip heffner on Thu, 01/3/13 2:00 AM>

chasendad

• Total Posts: 95
                  Re:Concession Trailer Windows Thu, 01/3/13 7:32 AM (permalink)
                  I couldn't find anything like that at HD Skip.  I ordered my window/Door Assembly from Challenger Door, Cost was $935.00 plus freight. Comes complete and ready to install in rough opening..

BelCibo

• Total Posts: 155
                    Re:Concession Trailer Windows Thu, 01/3/13 7:58 AM (permalink)
                    I ordered a 3 x 8 as you described from HD, price was $270 w/regular glass, $400 with tempered.  Took around a week to get it.  You can also order it with the flange on the outside, then no trim is needed after installation.  You can get them 3 x 6 as well, price would probably be around the same. My local store had a 4 x 8 for $208 on the shelf. 

My plan is to remove the side windows in the nicer months and install sliding screens.

<message edited by BelCibo on Thu, 01/3/13 8:11 AM>

edwmax

• Total Posts: 2014
                      Re:Concession Trailer Windows Thu, 01/3/13 10:08 AM (permalink)
                      Just as a note:   Your local window & glass shops should be able order or fabricate a window for this application to size as needed.  Many of these shops regularly custom fabricate windows. The parts & extrusions needed are not hard to obtain.   One could build the window framing, then order or have the glass cut to size at the local hardware store.
                      <message edited by edwmax on Thu, 01/3/13 10:11 AM>

Dr of BBQ

• Total Posts: 3716
                        • Roadfood Insider
                        Re:Concession Trailer Windows Thu, 01/3/13 2:04 PM (permalink)
                        BelCibo

I ordered a 3 x 8 as you described from HD, price was $270 w/regular glass, $400 with tempered.  Took around a week to get it.  You can also order it with the flange on the outside, then no trim is needed after installation.  You can get them 3 x 6 as well, price would probably be around the same. My local store had a 4 x 8 for $208 on the shelf. 

My plan is to remove the side windows in the nicer months and install sliding screens.

How thick is your window (not the glass) but the frame? Can you post a different picture of the interior?

It looks like it's only the thickness of the interior studs and they are what 2 inches?
                        Jack
                        <message edited by Dr of BBQ on Thu, 01/3/13 2:09 PM>

chefbuba

Re:Concession Trailer Windows Thu, 01/3/13 2:24 PM (permalink)
                          My question is, how are you going to secure the truck? You can't install a water/ air tight door with the window like this.
                          I have a regular concession window, with two latches, it's water tight. My builder used the same type of window (retrofit), installed it from the inside, screwing through the flange/ trim. I'll post a couple of pics when I get home tonight.

BelCibo

Re:Concession Trailer Windows Thu, 01/3/13 4:08 PM (permalink)
                            chefbuba

My question is, how are you going to secure the truck? You can't install a water/ air tight door with the window like this.
                            I have a regular concession window, with two latches, it's water tight. My builder used the same type of window (retrofit), installed it from the inside, screwing through the flange/ trim. I'll post a couple of pics when I get home tonight.

The window is sealed with silicon all the way around, there are machine screws going through the jam on the sides into the aluminum studs.  It is a flush flange style.

The window sticks out about a 1/4" from the truck's side panel.  In my case I don't plan on adding a metal cover over the service window.  One could still be added but you are right in that it would not be counter sunk and weather proof.

To use a house style window and have the outside door flush I'd think one would want the windowwith the integral flange that is in the middle of the jam.  The you could rivet or screw the flange to the studs as well as silicon.  The ones I measured were inset around 1 1/4" so there would have been around 3/4" left for the recessed door with a 2" stud.  I did not do this because I didn't want the window sticking past the wall on the inside and the window is already trimmed out on the exterior.  

<message edited by BelCibo on Thu, 01/3/13 4:13 PM>

chasendad

• Total Posts: 95
                              Re:Concession Trailer Windows Thu, 01/3/13 4:39 PM (permalink)
                              The city of Dallas requires that truck to have at least a 12" overhang over the window...

chefbuba

Re:Concession Trailer Windows Thu, 01/3/13 5:31 PM (permalink)
                                I understand the types of windows and their application, was just wondering how you were going to secure the truck.
                                Also, tempered glass would have been a better choice.

BelCibo

Re:Concession Trailer Windows Thu, 01/3/13 7:54 PM (permalink)
                                  Dr of BBQ

How thick is your window (not the glass) but the frame? Can you post a different picture of the interior? 

It looks like it's only the thickness of the interior studs and they are what 2 inches?
                                  Jack

Window frame without the outside flange is aprox 2 3/4".  The interior studs are 2" and the window extends into the interior just shy of 5/8".  Should be around flush after the plywood and FRP are installed.

Dr of BBQ

• Roadfood Insider
                                    Re:Concession Trailer Windows Thu, 01/3/13 8:04 PM (permalink)
                                    BelCibo

Dr of BBQ

Jack

Window frame without the outside flange is aprox 2 3/4".  The interior studs are 2" and the window extends into the interior just shy of 5/8".  Should be around flush after the plywood and FRP are installed.

Sounds cool you may have changed my mind on my build thank you.
                                    Jack

vikinglord

• Total Posts: 5
                                      Re:Concession Trailer Windows Tue, 01/15/13 11:59 PM (permalink)
                                      Just FYI, I called Humphreys. They are closing their concession trailer window division. They referred me to Challenger Door. The issue is they do not do custom sizes. I forgot about Home Depot. Thanks so much!
                                      UPDATE: Challenger will do custom windows. They called me back.
                                      <message edited by vikinglord on Wed, 01/16/13 11:43 PM>

ductape

• Total Posts: 8
                                        Re:Concession Trailer Windows Thu, 01/17/13 2:28 PM (permalink)
                                        EDIT: I cant post links, so the ones below you will have to modify a bit when you paste them in your browser.

If you want 'real" concession windows, you could start with some RV windows:
                                          triple dub -dot- pellandent.com/RV_Products_List. -dot- spx?CategoryID=25
                                        There are a few models in there that would allow a narrow passthrough at the bottom of the window while keeping the top closed.

Why? Flies.

Better yet, this company makes them ready to go:
                                          triple dub -dot-buysellfind -dot- net/siding/humphrey/concession-windows/

<message edited by ductape on Thu, 01/17/13 2:31 PM>

Dr of BBQ

• Roadfood Insider
                                          Re:Concession Trailer Windows Fri, 01/18/13 12:34 AM (permalink)
                                          Geez man the post before yours said"They are closing their concession trailer window division."

ductape

Re:Concession Trailer Windows Fri, 01/18/13 12:36 PM (permalink)
                                            before my post? Which one is closing their division?

ALSO: My county health department (San Francisco) as well as many of them around the Bay Area in California require that service windows be equipped with a self-closing device. ANyone in Cali have one of these on their truck and what does it look like in your installation?

I think for a lot of people in bigger cities, these home depot windows might not fly with the health inspectors.
                                            <message edited by ductape on Fri, 01/18/13 12:38 PM>

Dr of BBQ

• Roadfood Insider
                                              Re:Concession Trailer Windows Fri, 01/18/13 1:06 PM (permalink)
                                              Read the post!

chefbuba

Re:Concession Trailer Windows Fri, 01/18/13 1:59 PM (permalink)
                                                I think you are interchanging the word window when you actually are referring to a door. The door closes over the window and secures it. It has gas shocks to lift and hold open.
                                                There is nothing wrong with a glass window ordered from Home Depot as long as it meets the requirements of the hd withe tempered glass, screens, etc.

ductape

Re:Concession Trailer Windows Wed, 01/23/13 9:11 PM (permalink)
                                                  chefbuba

I think you are interchanging the word window when you actually are referring to a door. The door closes over the window and secures it. It has gas shocks to lift and hold open.
                                                  There is nothing wrong with a glass window ordered from Home Depot as long as it meets the requirements of the hd withe tempered glass, screens, etc.

No actually, that's not what I meant. If we want to get technical, that thing outside the glass window would be called a shutter, I think. Shutters protect windows.

A self-closing device is exactly what it says, when your done with the window, it closes itself. You will see these on fast food drive throughs mostly. The point is to keep flies out. Many large cities are looking hard at their policies with food safety and the new food truck craze. I know that in San Francisco as well as many of the other cities around here, their construction guidelines state that you need to have a self-closing device on the window. I called my DPH guy and he said they like to see them, but they will allow a screen that is closed manually. Your mileage may vary.

Morrisc06

Re:Concession Trailer Windows Thu, 01/31/13 10:04 AM (permalink)
                                                    Check out Pocahontas Aluminum Co.  They are located in AR, but  I received my window from a concession equipment dealer in Bridgeport CT.  He orders in bulk and sells them for local pick up.  The windows come in two pieces, one being the 4 pane sliding glass enclosure and the other being the awning type door on gas shocks.  My window is 60"x40".

Dgaviolac

• Total Posts: 64
                                                      Re:Concession Trailer Windows Fri, 02/1/13 8:33 PM (permalink)
                                                      im going to pickup my window and hood from that guy in bridgeport he seems super nice how is the quality

Tonys Grilled 3Chesses

Re:Concession Trailer Windows Sat, 02/9/13 6:02 PM (permalink)
                                                        We got a food truck and ordered our window from a company in Indiana. It was a place called Simplicity Innovations. Guy was super easy to talk to and they new there stuff. Mine came in a crate completely assembled and ready to install. Other people are saying there's came in pieces from other places. That would be a nightmare. With their help they walked us thru install, which helped alot. We got a matching outside serving counter also from Simplicity, it all shipped together. For me quality is first over anything else. You definitely get what you pay for in life. Just glad my window is built to last.

Howie Pheltersnatch

• Location: Big Rapids, MI
                                                          Re:Concession Trailer Windows Fri, 04/12/13 12:58 AM (permalink)
                                                          could you make that frame out of wood?

ariccio721

• Location: north Branford, CT
                                                            Re:Concession Trailer Windows Fri, 05/17/13 12:04 PM (permalink)
                                                            What's the name of the company in bridgeport you can email me at ariccio721@yahoo.com

Online Bookmarks Sharing: Share/Bookmark
                                                              Change Page: 12 > | Showing page 1 of 2, messages 1 to 30 of 36

Jump to:

Current active users

There are 0 members and 1 guests.

Icon Legend and Permission

• New Messages
                                                              • No New Messages
                                                              • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
                                                              • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
                                                              • Locked w/ New Messages
                                                              • Locked w/o New Messages
                                                              • Read Message
                                                              • Post New Thread
                                                              • Reply to message
                                                              • Post New Poll
                                                              • Submit Vote
                                                              • Post reward post
                                                              • Delete my own posts
                                                              • Delete my own threads
                                                              • Rate post

2000-2014 ASPPlayground.NET Forum Version 3.9
                                                              What is Roadfood?  |   Privacy Policy  |   Contact Roadfood.com   Copyright 2011 - Roadfood.com