The most memorable local eateries along the highways and back roads of America
Sign In | Register for Free!
Restaurants Recipes Forums EatingTours Merchandise FAQ Maps Insider

Has anyone ever eaten at Tony's I-75 restaurant in Birch Run, Michigan

analei

• Total Posts: 533
Has anyone ever eaten at Tony's I-75 restaurant in Birch Run, Michigan Tue, 03/1/11 11:45 AM (permalink)
A group of us ladies went up to Boyne for the weekend, and on the way back we stopped this place where they had been before, but it was all new to me, and frankly, I was a bit mortified and enthralled by it.

I like the ambiance of the place, very lively and fast moving and PACKED with people and the waitstaff was was pleasant, but I was mind boggled by the food portion of the meal.

One friend ordered a pastrami sandwich and the other a turkey club. Each seemed to have a pound of meat stuffed between well butted bread. I ordered a large beef burrito which was who knows, maybe a pound of meat stuff into a large flour tortilla. 

It was enourmous. We all took doggie bags, but i noticed some people eating this massive quantities of food in a short time. The food is rich.

The girls told me the restaurant was featured the Food Network Channel..Man vs. Food? I do not know as I do not subscribe to cable.

Has anyone else eaten at Tony I-75 restaurant?

Michael Hoffman

• Total Posts: 17845
    Re:Has anyone ever eaten at Tony's I-75 restaurant in Birch Run, Michigan Tue, 03/1/11 1:23 PM (permalink)
    I never have been there, but it sure sounds like a place I'd enjoy. Were you in Boyne to ski?

Foodosaurus

Re:Has anyone ever eaten at Tony's I-75 restaurant in Birch Run, Michigan Tue, 03/1/11 1:25 PM (permalink)
      I think that is the place that puts over a pound of bacon on their BLTs.

analei

• Total Posts: 533
        Re:Has anyone ever eaten at Tony's I-75 restaurant in Birch Run, Michigan Tue, 03/1/11 1:54 PM (permalink)
        @Michael Hoffman --  No skiing..one of the friends lives up there. I would have liked to have done some outdoorsy stuff, but no one else wanted to go for even a simple walk. I love the natural scenery.

I think you would. I was amazed at how fast they move due the volume of people in there, and the food tasted good. It was LOTS.  I recommend it.

@Foodosaurus: Indeed, that is it is..a pound of bacon in their BLT. One of women ordered single order of fries..more than enough for three people. The banana split has a half gallon of ice cream in it!!!!

pudd750

• Total Posts: 4
          Re:Has anyone ever eaten at Tony's I-75 restaurant in Birch Run, Michigan Thu, 10/20/11 8:20 PM (permalink)
          the french fries are  like one quart  full - and theres free  wrapped hard candy on your way out ---amazing to see a place busy as Tonys  is , but big enough  that its not a problem  getting a seat

MobileCuisine

• Total Posts: 63
            Re:Has anyone ever eaten at Tony's I-75 restaurant in Birch Run, Michigan Fri, 01/27/12 11:00 AM (permalink)
            It's been years since I went there. It was originated as a truck diner to attract long haul truckers. They could order a sandwich and fries, and have two or three meals to take on the road up North with them.

-MC

redfox1939

• Total Posts: 1
              Re:Has anyone ever eaten at Tony's I-75 restaurant in Birch Run, Michigan Thu, 10/11/12 3:22 AM (permalink)
              If you go to this restaurant you should go expecting very large portions ......so you either go when you are very hungry or share your meal with you're family or friends ....doggybag is the other option. Do not go if you are watching you diet......portions are huge and very fattening. Take a camera......or use your phone to take pictures.

It's all here!!
              <message edited by redfox1939 on Thu, 10/11/12 3:23 AM>

Online Bookmarks Sharing: Share/Bookmark

Jump to:

Current active users

There are 0 members and 1 guests.

Icon Legend and Permission

• New Messages
                • No New Messages
                • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
                • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
                • Locked w/ New Messages
                • Locked w/o New Messages
                • Read Message
                • Post New Thread
                • Reply to message
                • Post New Poll
                • Submit Vote
                • Post reward post
                • Delete my own posts
                • Delete my own threads
                • Rate post

2000-2014 ASPPlayground.NET Forum Version 3.9
                What is Roadfood?  |   Privacy Policy  |   Contact Roadfood.com   Copyright 2011 - Roadfood.com