The most memorable local eateries along the highways and back roads of America
Sign In | Register for Free!
Restaurants Recipes Forums EatingTours Merchandise FAQ Maps Insider
Forum Themes:
Welcome !

What's For DINNER ...???

Change Page: << < ..101102103104105106107108109110.. > >> | Showing page 101 of 128, messages 3001 to 3030 of 3832
felix4067

• Total Posts: 3289
Re:What's For DINNER ...??? Thu, 07/25/13 12:25 AM (permalink)
This time, I used Newman's raspberry walnut vinaigrette. Sometimes I do just some blackberry balsamic vinegar and oil (we get that particular salad fairly often...it feeds us both and costs about $6.50).

mar52

• Total Posts: 7590
    Re:What's For DINNER ...??? Thu, 07/25/13 12:45 PM (permalink)
    Thanks.  It looks tasty and refreshing.

felix4067

Re:What's For DINNER ...??? Thu, 07/25/13 11:58 PM (permalink)
      I wish I had the salad back. Tonight I tried a new recipe that sounded really amazing...and it was. Amazing. Yet not in a good way. Curried ginger chicken with Greek yogurt in a crock pot. It. Was. Awful.

mar52

Re:What's For DINNER ...??? Fri, 07/26/13 12:34 AM (permalink)
        Don't you hate that?

Sorry.

I had a salad. 

mar52

Re:What's For DINNER ...??? Sun, 07/28/13 9:46 PM (permalink)
          Cheap eats and oh so good.

I add maple syrup and hot sauce.

Michael Hoffman

• Total Posts: 17795
            Re:What's For DINNER ...??? Sun, 07/28/13 10:04 PM (permalink)
            Beanie Weenie?

mar52

Re:What's For DINNER ...??? Sun, 07/28/13 10:10 PM (permalink)
              Beanie Weenies my way. 

felix4067

Re:What's For DINNER ...??? Mon, 07/29/13 6:43 PM (permalink)
                Back to things I know are good. BBQ boneless pork shoulder ribs in the crock pot, un-potato salad (made with cauliflower) and broccoli-carrot salad.

mar52

Re:What's For DINNER ...??? Mon, 07/29/13 8:10 PM (permalink)
                  Following my Tito's tacos for lunch will be my Tito's burrito for dinner.

Michael Hoffman

• Total Posts: 17795
                    Re:What's For DINNER ...??? Thu, 08/1/13 11:45 AM (permalink)
                    Dinner last night was just about as Southern as you can get. lleechef fried up some cornmeal crusted catfish, fried green tomatoes and bacon and cheese grits. Those were the most wonderful grits I have ever had in my life. And the catfish and tomatoes were equally outstanding. And while I suppose we should have been drinking sweet tea, the Robert Mondavi chardonnay seemed a fine idea.

ann peeples

• Total Posts: 8317
                      Re:What's For DINNER ...??? Thu, 08/1/13 12:55 PM (permalink)
                      Jealous!

Tex-Max

• Total Posts: 103
                        Re:What's For DINNER ...??? Thu, 08/1/13 10:08 PM (permalink)
                        Count me as jealous also.  I am really missing some good old southern cooking.  Fried Green Tomatoes
                        and Bacon and Cheese Grits.  Yum!  I do love grits.

felix4067

Re:What's For DINNER ...??? Fri, 08/2/13 12:57 AM (permalink)
                          I'll join the ranks of the jealous as well. Bacon and cheese grits sound WAY better than the Checkers drive-thru I grabbed on the way home from work just now!

alishaikh

• Total Posts: 25
                            Re:What's For DINNER ...??? Fri, 08/2/13 8:30 AM (permalink)
                            If I have to make a dinner for me, then I am going to make chicken kadi, and muglai, which is my favorite, if you have this with rice yummy word will come from your mouth

lleechef

• Total Posts: 6200
                              Re:What's For DINNER ...??? Fri, 08/2/13 12:30 PM (permalink)
                              The weather has been cool lately so the catfish/grits/green tomatoes sounded like a good combo to me.  I sure am not from the South but the meal turned out pretty good. 

Tex-Max

• Total Posts: 103
                                Re:What's For DINNER ...??? Fri, 08/2/13 10:51 PM (permalink)
                                Well it certainly sounded great!  And a bonus-outside was not 100F (as in the South) so ya'll could really enjoy it. 
                                TM

mar52

Re:What's For DINNER ...??? Fri, 08/2/13 11:49 PM (permalink)
                                  It's been in the mid 70s here during the day.  Cool!

I was digging in the freezer for some inspiration and found a tiny red box at the back of the freezer underneath the frozen pretzels. 

It must have been in there for years because there was a layer of ice on the top.  What the heck!

I microwaved it at 50% power for 12 minutes and let me tell you....

I really like Stouffer's Frozen Lasagna!  It was really good!  (I could have eaten 2 of them)

agnesrob

• Total Posts: 1790
                                    Re:What's For DINNER ...??? Sun, 08/4/13 2:37 PM (permalink)
                                    These are in my Weber right now! I'll post when they're done

ScreamingChicken

• Total Posts: 4710
                                      Re:What's For DINNER ...??? Sun, 08/4/13 3:27 PM (permalink)
                                      Got some cold beer to go with the sausage and ribs, Agnes?  Perhaps a few Natty Bohs to wash everything down?

I'm either using some boneless short ribs to make kalbi or taking Mrs. Chicken to an upscale, locavore-oriented pizzeria up in Sun Prairie.  Right now pizza's winning because I seem to have misplaced the kalbi recipe.
                                      <message edited by ScreamingChicken on Sun, 08/4/13 3:33 PM>

agnesrob

Re:What's For DINNER ...??? Sun, 08/4/13 4:19 PM (permalink)
                                        Yuengling Lager, Brad! And look harder for that recipe! Upscale pizza tonight and the kalbi tomorrow!!

agnesrob

Re:What's For DINNER ...??? Sun, 08/4/13 6:49 PM (permalink)
                                          My favorite of the night was the ring bologna! Everything else was delicious too! My least favorite was the lobster mashed potatoes. I love each separately but not as much together.

This photo shows the ring bologna cut up. So good!
                                          [

The corn bread came out very crispy but was delicious!

<message edited by agnesrob on Sun, 08/4/13 6:50 PM>

chefbuba

• Total Posts: 1951
                                            Re:What's For DINNER ...??? Sun, 08/4/13 7:29 PM (permalink)
                                            Just came home with a nice Albacore Tuna loin, fresh off the dock.....Now what to do with it.

chefbuba

• Total Posts: 1951
                                              Re:What's For DINNER ...??? Sun, 08/4/13 7:29 PM (permalink)
                                              Just came home with a nice Albacore Tuna loin, fresh off the dock.....Now what to do with it.

ann peeples

• Total Posts: 8317
                                                • Location: West Allis, Wisconsin
                                                Re:What's For DINNER ...??? Sun, 08/4/13 8:04 PM (permalink)
                                                Oh, Agnes-you are killing me!

felix4067

• Location: Near Grand Rapids, MI
                                                  Re:What's For DINNER ...??? Sun, 08/4/13 9:12 PM (permalink)
                                                  I got to cook! Parmesan-herb baked cod, summer squash casserole, and Greek cucumber salad.

Huh. Apparently Photobucket is possessed. I'll have to add the picture later.

Edit:
                                                  Photobucket finally recognized that I do have a valid account.

<message edited by felix4067 on Mon, 08/5/13 12:08 AM>

ScreamingChicken

• Total Posts: 4710
                                                    Re:What's For DINNER ...??? Sun, 08/4/13 9:17 PM (permalink)
                                                    agnesrob

Yuengling Lager, Brad! And look harder for that recipe! Upscale pizza tonight and the kalbi tomorrow!!
                                                    Good call...that's exactly how it's going to be!  Although I'll have to revise my description of the pizza place; it's upscale in terms of quality (and price) but the ambience is definitely casual and family-friendly.

The ribs and sausage look really good.  Lobster mashed potatoes?  I think I'd have to agree that while they're great on their own they might not be so great together.

mar52

• Location: Marina del Rey, CA
                                                      Re:What's For DINNER ...??? Sun, 08/4/13 11:07 PM (permalink)
                                                      Agnes, I know what you mean with the lobster potatoes. 

I made the mistake of ordering lobster macaroni and cheese.  They ruined each other.  Fishy!

I had spaghetti and beer.

ChrisOC

• Total Posts: 900
                                                        • Location: Ocean City, NJ
                                                        Re:What's For DINNER ...??? Mon, 08/5/13 5:53 PM (permalink)
                                                        Steamed local blue crabs,  local corn on the cob, Cucumber salad from my neighbors garden

felix4067

• Location: Near Grand Rapids, MI
                                                          Re:What's For DINNER ...??? Mon, 08/5/13 7:01 PM (permalink)
                                                          Crab-stuffed cucumbers, Greek cucumber salad (I didn't realize until it was on my plate how very much cucumber that was in one meal), and pineapple-mandarin orange salad.

mar52

• Location: Marina del Rey, CA
                                                            Re:What's For DINNER ...??? Mon, 08/5/13 8:03 PM (permalink)
                                                            Felix, that looks refrshing!

I had a medium, Penguin frozen yogurt topped with fresh strawberries and mini mochies.

Online Bookmarks Sharing: Share/Bookmark
                                                              Change Page: << < ..101102103104105106107108109110.. > >> | Showing page 101 of 128, messages 3001 to 3030 of 3832

Jump to:

Current active users

There are 0 members and 10 guests.

Icon Legend and Permission

• New Messages
                                                              • No New Messages
                                                              • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
                                                              • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
                                                              • Locked w/ New Messages
                                                              • Locked w/o New Messages
                                                              • Read Message
                                                              • Post New Thread
                                                              • Reply to message
                                                              • Post New Poll
                                                              • Submit Vote
                                                              • Post reward post
                                                              • Delete my own posts
                                                              • Delete my own threads
                                                              • Rate post

2000-2014 ASPPlayground.NET Forum Version 3.9
                                                              What is Roadfood?  |   Privacy Policy  |   Contact Roadfood.com   Copyright 2011 - Roadfood.com