The most memorable local eateries along the highways and back roads of America
Sign In | Register for Free!
Restaurants Recipes Forums EatingTours Merchandise FAQ Maps Insider
Forum Themes:
Welcome !

What's For DINNER ...???

Change Page: << < ..101102103104105106107108109110.. > >> | Showing page 110 of 128, messages 3271 to 3300 of 3837
iluvcfood

• Total Posts: 395
Re:What's For Dinner TONIGHT...??? Tue, 11/5/13 9:38 PM (permalink)
mar52

Went to Costco to pick up some stuff for Thanksgiving and just us and we were going to get a piece of pizza for dinner.

Then we saw it....  barbecued beef sandwich for $4.99.

That's big money for a Costco food line but it's what we got, mine with coleslaw and Sharon's without.

Deeeelicious!

Sabretts Hot dogs pan fried to a crisp tonight smothered with D/jon mustard and Homemade Mac/Cheese tonight with EXTRA cheese (Medium Tilamook) added!

JRPfeff

• Total Posts: 2368
    Re:What's For Dinner TONIGHT...??? Fri, 11/15/13 8:46 PM (permalink)
    No plans tonight, except Pie Diva wanted to use a butternut squash and some Brussels sprouts that we had. She said she wanted pork, so I pulled a pair of frozen tenderloins from the freezer. Looking at my handy database, I zeroed in on Pork Tenderloin with Creamy Corn from the Weber website. The pork was rubbed with a garlic-oregano paste. We skipped the creamy corn, roasted the squash & sprouts and grilled the tenderloin. A meal that most restaurants would be challenged to duplicate. Perfect with a dry Riesling.

Michael Hoffman

• Total Posts: 17801
      Re:What's For Dinner TONIGHT...??? Fri, 11/15/13 8:59 PM (permalink)
      A couple of bone-in strip steaks, baked potatoes and salad. Last night was roasted bone-in, skin on chicken breasts with butternut squash baked with maple syrup. And tomorrow night it's going to be corned beef and cabbage.

chefbuba

• Total Posts: 1951
        Re:What's For Dinner TONIGHT...??? Fri, 11/15/13 10:33 PM (permalink)
        Green salad & a bowl of chicken & sausage gumbo.
        Saturday night is crab feed at the Elks Lodge.

CajunKing

• Total Posts: 6317
          • Roadfood Insider
          Re:What's For Dinner TONIGHT...??? Fri, 11/15/13 10:51 PM (permalink)
          roasted chicken breasts
          yukon gold mashed taters
          summer squash casserole
          red velvet chess pie
          pumpkin pie
          vanilla ice cream

BURPPPP

felix4067

• Total Posts: 3289
            Re:What's For Dinner TONIGHT...??? Fri, 11/15/13 11:59 PM (permalink)
            I took myself to Bull's Head Tavern on my break tonight for some smoked gouda chicken pasta. From the menu: Pan Seared Chicken Breast, Pancetta, Mushrooms, & Asparagus Tips Tossed in a Smoked Gouda Cream Sauce. Served over Penne Pasta & Topped with Smoked Gouda. It's to die for.
            http://www.thebullsheadtavern.com/

Not the best picture as the lighting is way dark, but you get the general idea.

CajunKing

• Total Posts: 6317
              • Roadfood Insider
              Re:What's For Dinner TONIGHT...??? Sat, 11/16/13 5:24 PM (permalink)
              damn felix that looks AWESOME!!

felix4067

Re:What's For Dinner TONIGHT...??? Sun, 11/17/13 1:38 AM (permalink)
                It's easily in my top ten favourite meals. I only treat myself to it a few times a year, though, because I'm pretty sure I don't want to know how much fat and/or calories is in it. But it makes me happy.

Tonight I did sushi between shows because I could, and also we have some of the best sushi I've found when I'm not looking at an ocean while eating it right downtown. Sushi Yama, which sadly does not have a website of its own and the menu on Urban Spoon is woefully inaccurate.
                http://www.urbanspoon.com/r/154/1539263/restaurant/Sushi-Yama-Grand-Rapids

<message edited by felix4067 on Sun, 11/17/13 1:39 AM>

felix4067

Re:What's For Dinner TONIGHT...??? Mon, 11/18/13 4:01 PM (permalink)
                  Last night we were having wicked bad thunderstorms, so I just ducked across the alley to the sports bar in the hotel for dinner. Nothing spectacular, just a crunchy chicken and bacon wrap with fries.
                  http://amwaygrand.com/gp_sports.html

felix4067

Re:What's For Dinner TONIGHT...??? Wed, 11/20/13 12:52 AM (permalink)
                    Finally got to cook again! Apple cider chicken with cheesy broccoli casserole.

ScreamingChicken

• Total Posts: 4710
                      Re:What's For Dinner TONIGHT...??? Wed, 11/20/13 8:52 AM (permalink)
                      Broccoli and cheese - 2 of my favorites!

The crunchy chicken wrap sounds pretty good.  Do you think it could be easily duplicated at home?

felix4067

Re:What's For Dinner TONIGHT...??? Wed, 11/20/13 12:56 PM (permalink)
                        I bet it could, especially if you deep-fry the chicken. I think they use their breaded chicken strips, rough chopped. And I know they use primarily GFS for stuff like ranch and cheese. Wouldn't surprise me if the chicken came from there, either.

The broccoli cheddar casserole is here, if you want: http://www.recipezazz.com/recipe/broccoli-cheddar-casserole-8817 Last night I used mayo instead of sour cream since I didn't have any.

felix4067

Re:What's For Dinner TONIGHT...??? Wed, 11/20/13 8:52 PM (permalink)
                          Tonight I created a new stir-fry recipe, and it was fabulous! The sauce I used was Radich's Spicy Garlic Plus sesame teriyaki sauce that I picked up on vacation this past summer. I need more of it.

felix4067

Re:What's For Dinner TONIGHT...??? Fri, 11/22/13 11:25 PM (permalink)
                            Tilapia with a mayonnaise-Cajun-dill sauce, peas with a red wine vinegar-basil-Dijon sauce, and acorn squash with garlic-pepper butter.

mar52

• Total Posts: 7593
                              Re:What's For Dinner TONIGHT...??? Fri, 11/22/13 11:38 PM (permalink)
                              Yum!

I had a late lunch at a Mongolian Barbecue. Not spiced as I'd have liked it, but I think it might have been a healthy choice.  Well maybe.

ScreamingChicken

Re:What's For Dinner TONIGHT...??? Sat, 11/23/13 4:29 PM (permalink)
                                felix4067

The broccoli cheddar casserole is here, if you want: http://www.recipezazz.com/recipe/broccoli-cheddar-casserole-8817 Last night I used mayo instead of sour cream since I didn't have any.
                                Thanks!  I think it'd be perfect for a winter Sunday supper.

We're having bone-in ribeyes, scallops, stuffed portobello caps, and baked potatoes tonight.  I spent a little of my birthday money at the grocery store today.

pnwchef

• Total Posts: 2227
                                  Re:What's For Dinner TONIGHT...??? Sat, 11/23/13 5:50 PM (permalink)
                                  It's been cold in the PNW for the last few days. The only thing better than a Pot Roast dinner are the Hot open face Pot Roast sandwiches that come a few days later.............

felix4067

Re:What's For Dinner TONIGHT...??? Sat, 11/23/13 6:55 PM (permalink)
                                    I kind of want both of those! However, I did OK myself tonight. Honey-mustard marinated chicken covered with sauteed bacon and mushrooms and cheddar, then baked; steel cut oats with onion, mushrooms and parmesan; and then I got lazy and microwaved some frozen mixed vegetables. Two out of three ain't bad.

mar52

Re:What's For Dinner TONIGHT...??? Sat, 11/23/13 10:12 PM (permalink)
                                      I had 2 pork chops, spiced apples and green beans.

love2bake

• Total Posts: 1269
                                        Re:What's For Dinner TONIGHT...??? Sun, 11/24/13 9:53 AM (permalink)
                                        Nice to see you, Mar.

Felix - savory steel cut oats--interesting!! What did you think of it?

I want pnw's hot pot roast sandwich platter.  

mar52

Re:What's For Dinner TONIGHT...??? Sun, 11/24/13 1:35 PM (permalink)
                                          Hi L2B.  :)

iluvcfood

Re:What's For Dinner TONIGHT...??? Sun, 11/24/13 9:50 PM (permalink)
                                            mar52

I had 2 pork chops, spiced apples and green beans.

Costco Pizza for dinner tonight! Yummmmmmmmmmm

mar52

Re:What's For Dinner TONIGHT...??? Sun, 11/24/13 10:50 PM (permalink)
                                              Tonight I had Basmati Rice with Biryani spices.

Greg, Does your Costco have the barbecue beef sandwiches yet?  They're excellent!

iluvcfood

Re:What's For Dinner TONIGHT...??? Sun, 11/24/13 11:01 PM (permalink)
                                                mar52

Tonight I had Basmati Rice with Biryani spices.

Greg, Does your Costco have the barbecue beef sandwiches yet?  They're excellent!

Not yet that I have seen but this Costco is one of the smaller ones!

alice.kelly22

• Total Posts: 10
                                                  Re:What's For Dinner TONIGHT...??? Mon, 11/25/13 2:08 AM (permalink)
                                                  For today, I guess, I'll make myself a potato salad and seat in front of the computer and chat away.

felix4067

• Location: Near Grand Rapids, MI
                                                    Re:What's For Dinner TONIGHT...??? Thu, 11/28/13 11:20 PM (permalink)
                                                    L2B, it took me a minute to adjust my thinking (in my head, oatmeal must have brown sugar and butter at the least), but it was pretty darn tasty! Mom even liked it, which surprised the heck out of me. I'll be trying more savory recipes soon.

My sister hosted Thanksgiving today.

ScreamingChicken

Re:What's For Dinner TONIGHT...??? Fri, 11/29/13 5:29 PM (permalink)
                                                      Get those nasty carrots off your plate and you can have twice as much green bean casserole!

I have a pot of turkey noodle soup simmering on the stove.  I took a shortcut and started with a Bear Creek chicken noodle soup mix and added turkey, fresh mushrooms, half a bag of frozen corn, a small can of green beans, and a diced Russet potato.  It's actually more of a stew than a soup at this point.

Michael Hoffman

• Total Posts: 17801
                                                        Re:What's For Dinner TONIGHT...??? Fri, 11/29/13 7:28 PM (permalink)
                                                        I'm not sure, but I think it's possible there might just be turkey, stuffing, gravy, mashed potatoes, mashed rutabaga, cranberry sauce and candied yams for dinner tonight.

God, I sure hope so!
                                                        EDIT: I forgot to add Brussels sprouts.
                                                        <message edited by Michael Hoffman on Fri, 11/29/13 8:52 PM>

pnwchef

• Total Posts: 2227
                                                          • Location: Kennewick, WA
                                                          Re:What's For Dinner TONIGHT...??? Sun, 12/1/13 8:05 PM (permalink)
                                                          We still have tomatoes from the garden, Gnd beef from our steer, Hog jowl from our pig. I need to make my own cheese and bake my own rolls. Then I'll be ready for the cold war. ........Dbl cheeseburger

lleechef

• Total Posts: 6208
                                                            • Location: Gahanna, OH
                                                            Re:What's For Dinner TONIGHT...??? Sun, 12/1/13 8:44 PM (permalink)
                                                            Bill
                                                            That's a mighty fine lookin burger!!! 

Online Bookmarks Sharing: Share/Bookmark
                                                              Change Page: << < ..101102103104105106107108109110.. > >> | Showing page 110 of 128, messages 3271 to 3300 of 3837

Jump to:

Current active users

There are 0 members and 14 guests.

Icon Legend and Permission

• New Messages
                                                              • No New Messages
                                                              • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
                                                              • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
                                                              • Locked w/ New Messages
                                                              • Locked w/o New Messages
                                                              • Read Message
                                                              • Post New Thread
                                                              • Reply to message
                                                              • Post New Poll
                                                              • Submit Vote
                                                              • Post reward post
                                                              • Delete my own posts
                                                              • Delete my own threads
                                                              • Rate post

2000-2014 ASPPlayground.NET Forum Version 3.9
                                                              What is Roadfood?  |   Privacy Policy  |   Contact Roadfood.com   Copyright 2011 - Roadfood.com