The most memorable local eateries along the highways and back roads of America
Sign In | Register for Free!
Restaurants Recipes Forums EatingTours Merchandise FAQ Maps Insider

BBQ Auto Pump Injector System.

Change Page: 12 > | Showing page 1 of 2, messages 1 to 30 of 42
Dr of BBQ

• Total Posts: 3716
  • Roadfood Insider
BBQ Auto Pump Injector System. Fri, 02/10/12 9:39 AM (permalink)

Stop Soaking; Start Poking (Injecting)

Here is the web site www.PorkInjector.com  where you can watch our videos

You can go on line and read 1000 different opinions about marinating meat. Most read like this: “One of the simplest ways to flavor meat is to marinate it. That is, treat it like a sponge. All you have to do is pour sauce on the food, let it soak for a while and then cook it.”

Personally, based upon over 30 years of experience in the kitchen, as well as in the BBQ pits, I don’t believe that is true. In fact, even after hours of soaking, most marinades don’t penetrate meats like beef, pork or lamb much more than 1/8". A side effect of marinade on meat is a wet surface, which impedes the ability to crisp or obtain a nice char. In short, ‘soaking’ marinades adversely affect the taste and texture of many meats.

On the other hand, meats such as chicken, turkey, and some pork cuts usually absorb a little more  marinade (though not as much as we would like) and fish will literally absorb it like a sponge.

If the marinade contains a lot of salt or acid, they will affect the meat in a different way. Salt is important, as a flavor enhancer, and has good penetrating properties, as well as a conduit for pulling in other flavor components (like brine).
Acids can serve as a kind of marinade; fruit juices (i.e. lemon, apple, orange, pineapple, orange and white grape juice), vinegars, and even sugar-free soft drinks can break down protein, which is a process known as ‘denaturing’. However, too much acid, or even a small amount of acid over too long a time can make the surface of the meat mushy, which inhibits crispness or charring. 

All that said some meat cuts absolutely need additional flavoring and even the best cuts of meat can be enhanced with liquids and spices. Up until now, the only feasible alternative to soaking was injecting with an oversized syringe and needle. 

Unfortunately, when you go through several cases of meat (pork and beef) each week, the syringe takes too much time, is very hard on your hands and fingers and – quite frankly – it is a real pain.  Every time I injected meat, I found myself thinking that there had to be an easier way. After a lot of thought, and a long ‘trial and error’ process, I found an easier way. In fact, I found the perfect way to add liquid and spice to meat. Inject liquid - marinades, cures, seasonings - into large pieces of meat. Works great for: Pork, Beef, Chicken, Hams, Turkeys, Lamb -- works with any meat you want to add flavor and moisture to. May also be used to inject “Tenderizing Solution “into meat. Please allow me to introduce you to the

‘Auto Pump Injector System’

www.PorkInjector.com

(Patent pending). 

AUTO PUMP INJECTOR SYSTEM 

The Auto Pump Injector System is a culinary work of art and engineering excellence. The industrial-quality pump has a thermally protected 115v motor. It is self-priming, and features an automatic shutoff pressure switch; if it runs dry, it will shut off before causing any damage to the pump.

With the Auto Pump Injector System, you  can inject a case of pork shoulders in almost less time than it takes to open the case and remove the shrink wrap. Because it is so easy to use, meat gets injected from numerous different angles, which makes it a much more efficient and effective process.  In other words, you produce a better product for less time and money.

Clean-up is equally easy: Put the intake hose in hot/soapy water and run the pump a few seconds; move the hose to a bleach/water solution and run the pump a few more seconds; pump clear water to flush the system. It’s that fast; it’s that simple.

No professional kitchen is complete without The Auto Pump Injector System; no professional chef can add flavor/spice to meats to the fullest extent without The Auto Pump Injector System.

FAQ’s

Q: Can I run the pump without any liquids?      

A: Yes, for a limited amount of time, but not for an extended period.
Q: Will this system pump solids?

A: No. All spices should be blended in a liquid (i.e. fruit juices, water, vinegars, soft drinks) until completely dissolved. Never use any liquid that has a greater viscosity than orange juice, and never pump fatty or grease-laden liquids with this pump.

Q: How do I clean the outside of the pump?

A: After unplugging the pump, simply wipe it off with a damp towel. NEVER submerge the pump, as it is an electrocution hazard and will void the warrantee.

Q Will the Auto Pump Injector System use more spice and liquid than the soaking method?

A: Yes because it becomes easier to add the liquid/spice mixture to your favorite cuts of meat. The job is no longer tedious and painful. The average kitchen employee will be more conscientious when injecting meats and therefore the meat gets more and a wider disbursement of liquid and spice. When your kitchen staff sees how much the meat swells with each injection they will tend to inject closer together and at many different angles. But all of these are positive not the negatives of the old hit and miss way of injecting meats.

Q: What cuts and types of meats can I inject?

A: Almost any type and cut, thick cut Bone on Pork Chops, Pork Shoulders, Pork Loins, Hams, Beef Brisket, Rib Roast, Top and Bottom Rounds, Chuck, Plate, Sirloin, and Shank. Any solid Muscle meats.

If you have any other questions, please feel free to contact us. Jack@DrofBBQ.com

Jack

The Dr of BBQ
2709 S 6th Street
Springfield Illinois 62703
217-744-9999 (BBQ Stand; Tues - Sat; 10:00am - 6:00 pm)
217-529-9000  (Home)  217-685-1333 (Cell, but I seldom use it.)
Pump made by ShurFlo Pumps
Plastic Hose by Dormont Company
All Connections by Grainger Company

<message edited by Dr of BBQ on Thu, 08/16/12 9:29 PM>

marco226

• Total Posts: 177
    Re:BBQ Auto Pump Injector System. Fri, 02/10/12 5:59 PM (permalink)
    you should patten it and sell it.

chewingthefat

• Total Posts: 6093
      Re:BBQ Auto Pump Injector System. Fri, 02/10/12 6:00 PM (permalink)
      DR. what are the different meats you inject?

CajunKing

• Total Posts: 6317
        • Roadfood Insider
        Re:BBQ Auto Pump Injector System. Fri, 02/10/12 6:04 PM (permalink)
        BRAVO JACK!!

That is a sweet system and CALL the patent office right away

Dr of BBQ

• Roadfood Insider
          Re:BBQ Auto Pump Injector System. Fri, 02/10/12 6:20 PM (permalink)
          chewingthefat
          DR. what are the different meats you inject?

We inject our Pork Shoulders for Smoked Pork
          We inject our Brisket for Smoked Brisket
          We inject both Top and Bottom Round for Italian Beef
          We inject Chickens (makes beer can chicken without the can)
          I have (although not this year yet) injected pork chops
          And this fall we will inject our turkeys.
          I'd like to and most likely will inject some raw hams and smoke them this summer.
          jack

Dr of BBQ

• Roadfood Insider
            Re:BBQ Auto Pump Injector System. Fri, 02/10/12 6:21 PM (permalink)
            CajunKing

BRAVO JACK!!

That is a sweet system and CALL the patent office right away

Thanks buddy. Very nice coming from a pro like you.

Uncle Groucho

• Total Posts: 207
              Re:BBQ Auto Pump Injector System. Fri, 02/10/12 6:43 PM (permalink)
              DR., very nice injector. Do you use the same injection for all the meats? or do you have several?

Dr of BBQ

• Roadfood Insider
                Re:BBQ Auto Pump Injector System. Fri, 02/10/12 7:32 PM (permalink)
                No we use different recipes for Beef, Chicken, and Pork. And sometimes like for pork loins, chops, or big thick steaks we use what most people consider a marinade, and just inject it into the meat.  You just have to be careful with some marinades because when you inject them they will color the chicken breast or loins. But for chicken we use Soy sauce, Worcestershire Sauce, a good red wine vinegar, lemon juice, dry mustard, salt, and black pepper. We run it thru a high speed blender (Vitamix) for five minutes just to make sure it's all liquid and mixed well and inject it. It takes longer to mix than to inject. LOL

Dr of BBQ

• Roadfood Insider
                  Re:BBQ Auto Pump Injector System. Fri, 02/10/12 7:39 PM (permalink)
                  By the way our local HD has no problem with our injector. The pump is built for fresh water and most everything else is available at most restaurant supply stores. What I haven't done yet is inject loins and then re-inject them half way thru the cooking process. But I think it would just make them awesome. It would lengthen the cooking time but think about how juicy they would be. 
                  <message edited by Dr of BBQ on Tue, 04/17/12 9:21 AM>

Uncle Groucho

• Total Posts: 207
                    Re:BBQ Auto Pump Injector System. Fri, 02/10/12 7:46 PM (permalink)
                    I am impressed at the attention you give your food, We dont travel much, but the next time we come your way I PROMISE to stop in and gain some weight.

Dr of BBQ

• Roadfood Insider
                      Re:BBQ Auto Pump Injector System. Fri, 02/10/12 7:48 PM (permalink)
                      You would be more than welcome. Let me know ahead of time and I'll fix something special.

Foodbme

• Total Posts: 9542
                        Re:BBQ Auto Pump Injector System. Fri, 02/10/12 11:06 PM (permalink)
                        This, along with your King Kong Grill prove your Engineering Prowess that's exceeded only by your good looks and Culinary Skills

Dr of BBQ

• Roadfood Insider
                          Re:BBQ Auto Pump Injector System. Fri, 02/10/12 11:55 PM (permalink)
                          No I just lucked out on a couple of experiments. But the big one is coming soon. We will see how that one goes.

Thanks
                          jack
                          <message edited by Dr of BBQ on Sun, 02/12/12 11:53 PM>

marco226

Re:BBQ Auto Pump Injector System. Sat, 02/11/12 9:15 PM (permalink)
                            tell you what Jack. if you build them i can sell them. i can sell anything. would you like to buy a watch. lol

Dr of BBQ

• Roadfood Insider
                              Re:BBQ Auto Pump Injector System. Sun, 02/12/12 2:53 AM (permalink)
                              Buy a watch...no thanks
                              <message edited by Dr of BBQ on Sun, 02/12/12 11:53 PM>

marco226

Re:BBQ Auto Pump Injector System. Sun, 02/12/12 7:27 AM (permalink)
                                well said. so if need an injector like you have.
                                will you build me 1 or 2 0r 50

marco226

Re:BBQ Auto Pump Injector System. Sun, 02/12/12 4:42 PM (permalink)
                                  Great since my wife will be working the truck. {we will have pulled pork on the menu}
                                  her birthday is coming up this would make a great gift for her.
                                  can i buy one from you. this way i can show it. i know i can sell this prouduct.

Dr of BBQ

• Roadfood Insider
                                    Re:BBQ Auto Pump Injector System. Sun, 02/12/12 5:30 PM (permalink)
                                    shoot me an email I don't think RF would appreciate this kind of chat: Jack@DrofBBQ.com

Dr of BBQ

• Roadfood Insider
                                      Re:BBQ Auto Pump Injector System. Mon, 04/16/12 4:55 PM (permalink)
                                      Here is a silent video of my injector as we inject over 14 ounces of liquid and spice into a pork shoulder in under 60 seconds.
                                      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nRKAawuEm0c

Vic Cardenas

Re:BBQ Auto Pump Injector System. Mon, 04/16/12 5:10 PM (permalink)
                                        Very cool! I want one!

pnwchef

• Total Posts: 2230
                                          Re:BBQ Auto Pump Injector System. Mon, 04/16/12 5:25 PM (permalink)
                                          Hi Jack, I was surprised it was silent, I have never seen you being quiet. The injector looks great and shows how fast and easy it is to accomplish injecting the marinade. Let me know I'll take care of the sales and distribution on the West coast..............

DWags541

• Total Posts: 174
                                            Re:BBQ Auto Pump Injector System. Tue, 04/17/12 3:17 AM (permalink)
                                            Great innovation.
                                            I would recommend using food safe components in your build. You likely have thought of this.
                                            I noticed you mentioned brass. I see all kinds of warnings of lead in brass. Perhaps eventually, you could find Stainless Steel parts. Also, maybe a little research into what acidic liquids may do to the internal components of a pump over time.
                                            Good luck with your new creation!

Dr of BBQ

• Roadfood Insider
                                              Re:BBQ Auto Pump Injector System. Tue, 04/17/12 9:20 AM (permalink)
                                              All the parts are made by companies that provide NFS products for the food industry. So there shouldn't be any concern about the 3 instant on/off  brass connections. The same connections are used in every ham suppliers operation in the country. 
                                              <message edited by Dr of BBQ on Tue, 04/17/12 9:31 AM>

Dr of BBQ

• Roadfood Insider
                                                Re:BBQ Auto Pump Injector System. Sat, 06/1/13 10:47 AM (permalink)

About a week ago I designed a logo for my injector, here it is. By the way we are selling the heck out of them and a customer Keith Nebel Team name Love 2 Q (logo for the team has a heart for the word love), just won Reserve Grand Champion at
                                                Ribs Rods and Rock and Roll a Kansas BBQ contest. Here is the logo and some photos from Keith.

<message edited by Dr of BBQ on Sat, 06/1/13 11:09 AM>

edwmax

• Total Posts: 2014
                                                  Re:BBQ Auto Pump Injector System. Sat, 06/1/13 11:40 AM (permalink)
                                                  I like it!  ... ...    But should you do a revision, add 'Dr' logo to the polo shirt.   Little details!!!

edwmax

• Total Posts: 2014
                                                    Re:BBQ Auto Pump Injector System. Sat, 06/1/13 11:43 AM (permalink)
                                                    Haha ... I keep thinking, if you get PO'd with a customer ... the caption might read  'stick this where?'

daddywoofdawg

• Total Posts: 299
                                                      • Location: Starkweather, ND
                                                      Re:BBQ Auto Pump Injector System. Sun, 06/2/13 3:01 AM (permalink)
                                                      Seems like an Idea I said a couple weeks ago on here.

Rcoy

• Total Posts: 91
                                                        • Location: Bremerton, WA
                                                        Re:BBQ Auto Pump Injector System. Sun, 06/2/13 10:23 AM (permalink)
                                                        This thread was necroed from last April. It is a great idea. I would like to do BBQ, as i do a pretty mean brisket for friends and family but the HD rules and the time commitment are killers for my present business plan.

Dr of BBQ

• Location: Springfield, IL
                                                          • Roadfood Insider
                                                          Re:BBQ Auto Pump Injector System. Sun, 06/2/13 11:31 AM (permalink)
                                                          necroed? What does that mean? I updated my thread to add the new logo, and also to give Rick some credit for his RGC win. I have BBQ teams all over the country using this system and I get notes from them all talking about how happy they are with it. I'm getting ready to add a section to my web page that will be for restaurant owners that use my pump and BBQ contest winners that use the pork injector.
                                                          <message edited by Dr of BBQ on Sun, 06/2/13 12:01 PM>

Rcoy

• Total Posts: 91
                                                            • Location: Bremerton, WA
                                                            Re:BBQ Auto Pump Injector System. Sun, 06/2/13 9:35 PM (permalink)
                                                            Dr of BBQ

necroed? What does that mean? I updated my thread to add the new logo, and also to give Rick some credit for his RGC win. I have BBQ teams all over the country using this system and I get notes from them all talking about how happy they are with it. I'm getting ready to add a section to my web page that will be for restaurant owners that use my pump and BBQ contest winners that use the pork injector.

True Doc, I was replying to the fellow who said he had a similar idea a couple weeks ago, that this has been an ongoing project of yours for over a year.  And necroed means reviving an old post, no negative connotations except that it can confuse someone not familiar with the timeline.
                                                            <message edited by Rcoy on Sun, 06/2/13 9:38 PM>

Online Bookmarks Sharing: Share/Bookmark
                                                              Change Page: 12 > | Showing page 1 of 2, messages 1 to 30 of 42

Jump to:

Current active users

There are 0 members and 1 guests.

Icon Legend and Permission

• New Messages
                                                              • No New Messages
                                                              • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
                                                              • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
                                                              • Locked w/ New Messages
                                                              • Locked w/o New Messages
                                                              • Read Message
                                                              • Post New Thread
                                                              • Reply to message
                                                              • Post New Poll
                                                              • Submit Vote
                                                              • Post reward post
                                                              • Delete my own posts
                                                              • Delete my own threads
                                                              • Rate post

2000-2014 ASPPlayground.NET Forum Version 3.9
                                                              What is Roadfood?  |   Privacy Policy  |   Contact Roadfood.com   Copyright 2011 - Roadfood.com