The most memorable local eateries along the highways and back roads of America
Sign In | Register for Free!
Restaurants Recipes Forums EatingTours Merchandise FAQ Maps Insider

Shady Glen Manchester CT wins James Beard Foundation Award

Mod Betty / RetroRoadmap.com

• Total Posts: 24
Shady Glen Manchester CT wins James Beard Foundation Award Tue, 05/8/12 9:17 AM (permalink)
Shady Glen Dairy Store and Restaurant in Manchester CT - home of the 4-cheese-slice  Bernice Original cheeseburger received a 2012 James Beard Foundation America’s Classics award last night in NYC.

"Covering all aspects of the industry—from chefs and restaurateurs to cookbook authors and food journalists to restaurant designers and architects and more—the Beard Awards are the highest honor for food and beverage professionals working in North America."

I can't link to it since I haven't reached 30 posts, but there's a video about the restaurant and the award, at the James Beard site, or on my site RetroRoadmap.com. 

We really enjoyed our visit here last fall - it totally reminded me of places I'd go with my grandmother or great aunts as a kid. Retro Roadhusband and I split a Bernice Original and a "Cheesefurter" so I could have room for some of their delicious ice cream. Well worth the stop, and a return visit!

Glad to see places like this getting recognition - I always like to say that a Rising Tide Floats All Boats!

Mod Betty / RetroRoadmap.com

rumaki

• Total Posts: 967
    Re:Shady Glen Manchester CT wins James Beard Foundation Award Tue, 05/8/12 11:42 AM (permalink)

Online Bookmarks Sharing: Share/Bookmark

Jump to:

Current active users

There are 0 members and 1 guests.

Icon Legend and Permission

• New Messages
      • No New Messages
      • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
      • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
      • Locked w/ New Messages
      • Locked w/o New Messages
      • Read Message
      • Post New Thread
      • Reply to message
      • Post New Poll
      • Submit Vote
      • Post reward post
      • Delete my own posts
      • Delete my own threads
      • Rate post

2000-2014 ASPPlayground.NET Forum Version 3.9
      What is Roadfood?  |   Privacy Policy  |   Contact Roadfood.com   Copyright 2011 - Roadfood.com