The most memorable local eateries along the highways and back roads of America
Sign In | Register for Free!
Restaurants Recipes Forums EatingTours Merchandise FAQ Maps Insider

Reverse Roadfood - America's Most Popular High End Restaurants

Foodbme

• Total Posts: 9584
Reverse Roadfood - America's Most Popular High End Restaurants Fri, 05/25/12 5:25 AM (permalink)
Note that it says "Most Popular", not necessarily The Best". Check out your hamlet and see who made the cut! 
http://www.urbanspoon.com/blog/82/Americas-Most-Popular-High-End-Restaurants.html
Like all Lists, fire away! 

buffetbuster

Re:Reverse Roadfood - America's Most Popular High End Restaurants Fri, 05/25/12 6:57 AM (permalink)
    Quite a few chains on that list, but that's no surprise.  Mallorca in Pittsburgh?  Really?

Out of the ones I have been to, Joe's Stone Crab in Miami Beach would bemy favorite, followed by Bern's Steakhouse in Tampa and Peter Luger's in Brooklyn. 
    <message edited by buffetbuster on Fri, 05/25/12 7:08 AM>

Foodbme

Re:Reverse Roadfood - America's Most Popular High End Restaurants Fri, 05/25/12 8:31 PM (permalink)
      buffetbuster

Quite a few chains on that list, but that's no surprise.  Mallorca in Pittsburgh?  Really?

Like I said, Most Popular, not necessarily the best.
      The other three you mentioned are on my list too!

Pancho

• Total Posts: 915
        Re:Reverse Roadfood - America's Most Popular High End Restaurants Fri, 05/25/12 9:01 PM (permalink)
        buffetbuster

Out of the ones I have been to, Joe's Stone Crab in Miami Beach would bemy favorite, followed by Bern's Steakhouse in Tampa and Peter Luger's in Brooklyn. 
        I'm right with you on those three. I'd put this little place right up there with any place in the country though....
        http://www.chiveblossom.com/

Foodbme

Re:Reverse Roadfood - America's Most Popular High End Restaurants Fri, 05/25/12 9:15 PM (permalink)
          BuffetBuster,
          I was surprised to see 4 times as many places listed in Pittsburgh than in Phoenix!

ChiTownDiner

Re:Reverse Roadfood - America's Most Popular High End Restaurants Sat, 05/26/12 9:23 AM (permalink)
            The Chicago places are poorly selected...almost as if to invite criticism and then discussion to promote the list.

ces1948

• Total Posts: 1499
              Re:Reverse Roadfood - America's Most Popular High End Restaurants Sat, 05/26/12 12:37 PM (permalink)
              I have nothing against high end places but it does seem that many of them go out of their way to cram as many odd sounding things together as they can.

Davydd

• Total Posts: 6230
                Re:Reverse Roadfood - America's Most Popular High End Restaurants Sat, 05/26/12 4:52 PM (permalink)
                I don't know how Urbanspoon works but this is a most popular list not best list. With Fogo de Chao showing up in every city I suspect some restaurants pay for placement in listings thus garner more reviews. To me this is another worthless list no better than the obvious that McDonalds would win hands down for fast food.

Foodbme

Re:Reverse Roadfood - America's Most Popular High End Restaurants Sat, 05/26/12 7:32 PM (permalink)
                  Davydd

I don't know how Urbanspoon works but this is a most popular list not best list. With Fogo de Chao showing up in every city I suspect some restaurants pay for placement in listings thus garner more reviews. To me this is another worthless list no better than the obvious that McDonalds would win hands down for fast food.

I don't think Urbanspoon does "Pay for Placement".
                  I do know that restaurants boldly ask diners to write reviews and "Like" them.

Here's the criteria used:
                  "The result is a list of 250 dining establishments that received the most attention from professional food critics, food bloggers, and the general dining public across Urbanspoon's website and smartphone apps.
                  The list below represents those super hot, $$$$ restaurants that received the most coverage across the foodie community as well as from regular diners."
                  <message edited by Foodbme on Sat, 05/26/12 7:36 PM>

CCinNJ

• Total Posts: 7762
                    Re:Reverse Roadfood - America's Most Popular High End Restaurants Sat, 05/26/12 9:41 PM (permalink)
                    New Jersey didn't make the list at all...so we're good.

Online Bookmarks Sharing: Share/Bookmark

Jump to:

Current active users

There are 0 members and 1 guests.

Icon Legend and Permission

• New Messages
                      • No New Messages
                      • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
                      • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
                      • Locked w/ New Messages
                      • Locked w/o New Messages
                      • Read Message
                      • Post New Thread
                      • Reply to message
                      • Post New Poll
                      • Submit Vote
                      • Post reward post
                      • Delete my own posts
                      • Delete my own threads
                      • Rate post

2000-2014 ASPPlayground.NET Forum Version 3.9
                      What is Roadfood?  |   Privacy Policy  |   Contact Roadfood.com   Copyright 2011 - Roadfood.com