The most memorable local eateries along the highways and back roads of America
Sign In | Register for Free!
Restaurants Recipes Forums EatingTours Merchandise FAQ Maps Insider

Falls View Restaurant - Jackson/Forsyth GA - closed

Heartbreaksoup

• Total Posts: 409
Falls View Restaurant - Jackson/Forsyth GA - closed Sun, 06/17/12 3:15 PM (permalink)
A great place that I first read about here at roadfood.com, Falls View Restaurant in middle Georgia has shuttered.  I can't find any news story about it, but Urbanspoon lists it closed and the phone number's disconnected.  Famous for its catfish, I was more pleased with the red snapper, and am sorry to hear it's gone.

Southern Fried

• Total Posts: 63
    Re:Falls View Restaurant - Jackson/Forsyth GA - closed Sun, 06/17/12 4:20 PM (permalink)
    I am not sure if this is correct. I drove by the Falls View Restaurant a couple of weeks ago during the early afternoon. Since it is only open in the evening, there was no one there. But there was no indication that it had closed. Also, I see on Facebook that they were open yesterday with a Father's Day special.

buffetbuster

Re:Falls View Restaurant - Jackson/Forsyth GA - closed Mon, 06/18/12 7:49 AM (permalink)
      I hope it turns out that it is still open.  Having read the review many times, I have been hoping to get down to Georgia to pay it a visit and haven't been able to, yet.  It sounds like a really good place.

The Roadfood review.  Their Facebook page.  Their website.

Looks like they are not scheduled to open again until 4:00PM on Wednesday.  I will try calling then.

Heartbreaksoup

• Total Posts: 409
        Re:Falls View Restaurant - Jackson/Forsyth GA - closed Fri, 06/22/12 4:30 PM (permalink)
        Okay, this was a false alarm, but it wasn't helped by the restaurant having the wrong number on its website - and, by extension, on Urbanspoon and here on its page at Roadfood.com .  The correct telephone number is (478) 992-9657.

Whew.  Now everybody go try their red snapper, for it is amazing.

buffetbuster

Re:Falls View Restaurant - Jackson/Forsyth GA - closed Tue, 06/26/12 7:52 AM (permalink)
          Heartbreaksoup

but it wasn't helped by the restaurant having the wrong number on its website - and, by extension, on Urbanspoon and here on its page at Roadfood.com . 
          If a restaurant changes their phone number, I can understand how this site and others have the wrong number.  But, there is no excuse to have the wrong number on your own website!  It makes you wonder how many other people thought the restaurant was closed.  Oh well, the good news is that they are still open.

Thanks Heartbreaksoup for the info!

Online Bookmarks Sharing: Share/Bookmark

Jump to:

Current active users

There are 0 members and 1 guests.

Icon Legend and Permission

• New Messages
            • No New Messages
            • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
            • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
            • Locked w/ New Messages
            • Locked w/o New Messages
            • Read Message
            • Post New Thread
            • Reply to message
            • Post New Poll
            • Submit Vote
            • Post reward post
            • Delete my own posts
            • Delete my own threads
            • Rate post

2000-2014 ASPPlayground.NET Forum Version 3.9
            What is Roadfood?  |   Privacy Policy  |   Contact Roadfood.com   Copyright 2011 - Roadfood.com