The most memorable local eateries along the highways and back roads of America
Sign In | Register for Free!
Restaurants Recipes Forums EatingTours Merchandise FAQ Maps Insider
Forum Themes:
Welcome !

Johns Pork chop sandwich (todays 9/24/12 frontpage)

ces1948

• Total Posts: 1499
Johns Pork chop sandwich (todays 9/24/12 frontpage) Mon, 09/24/12 4:06 PM (permalink)
Was reading the review of the pork chop sandwich and unfortunately don't think I'll get to try get his version any time soon. It did look pretty easy to make though since it was ground pork and breading. Any one know what spices to use to make this "breaded pork burger"? The only thing I wouldn't particularly care for would if it ended up tasting like breakfast sausage.

Davydd

• Total Posts: 6222
    Re:Johns Pork chop sandwich (todays 9/24/12 frontpage) Mon, 09/24/12 8:33 PM (permalink)
    Been there. Porkchop sandwich is a misnomer. Ground pork it wasn't either. John's is what in the Midwest is derisively called a fritter of pork parts and I would bet few if any came from a pork chop.

If anyone wanted to know where they could get a true breaded and fried pork chop cut sandwich even with the bone in as absolute proof I can lead you to one in Marshall, Texas. Fugler's Market & Gro.

edwmax

• Total Posts: 2015
      Re:Johns Pork chop sandwich (todays 9/24/12 frontpage) Tue, 09/25/12 4:12 AM (permalink)
      Hahaha  ... most all 'soul food' restaurants will have real-deal pork chop, bbq rib, or chicken leg (or thigh) sandwiches.    ... With free Bone, no extra charge.

ces1948

• Total Posts: 1499
        Re:Johns Pork chop sandwich (todays 9/24/12 frontpage) Tue, 09/25/12 10:37 AM (permalink)
        Does the famous Snappy Lunch in Mt. Airy serve a bone-in Porkchop sandwich?

RKB

• Total Posts: 168
          Re:Johns Pork chop sandwich (todays 9/24/12 frontpage) Thu, 09/27/12 8:28 AM (permalink)
          No, the Snappy Lunch sandwich is boneless. However, it is still worth a trip just to eat it, it is that good IMHO.  
          <message edited by RKB on Wed, 10/3/12 6:31 PM>

love2bake

• Total Posts: 1273
            Re:Johns Pork chop sandwich (todays 9/24/12 frontpage) Sun, 10/28/12 12:35 PM (permalink)
            Davydd

Been there. Porkchop sandwich is a misnomer. Ground pork it wasn't either. John's is what in the Midwest is derisively called a fritter of pork parts and I would bet few if any came from a pork chop.

If anyone wanted to know where they could get a true breaded and fried pork chop cut sandwich even with the bone in as absolute proof I can lead you to one in Marshall, Texas. Fugler's Market & Gro.

Fritter of pork parts???  That just doesn't sound too good.  Is it popular somewhere?

harmon1946

Re:Johns Pork chop sandwich (todays 9/24/12 frontpage) Sun, 10/28/12 2:59 PM (permalink)
              I just ate at Pork Chop Johns in Butte Montana and had their famous PorkChop Sandwich.  It was just a solid slice of Pork Tenderloin that had been breaded and then deep fried.  It was served on a plain bun and mustard and pickles were reccomended.   I found it average in my taste ratings....nowhere as good as the midwest Breaded Tenderloin Sandwichs that you find thruout the Midwest.   All in all it was a great stop on my 8,000 mile journey to Pinks in LA from MIssouri, via Vancouver Canada, for a $3,000 hot dog.  Now they had a great chili dog in my opinion.   But the infamous porkchop sandwich was nowhere as good as the everyday pork tenderloin sandwich of the midwest.

Online Bookmarks Sharing: Share/Bookmark

Jump to:

Current active users

There are 0 members and 2 guests.

Icon Legend and Permission

• New Messages
                • No New Messages
                • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
                • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
                • Locked w/ New Messages
                • Locked w/o New Messages
                • Read Message
                • Post New Thread
                • Reply to message
                • Post New Poll
                • Submit Vote
                • Post reward post
                • Delete my own posts
                • Delete my own threads
                • Rate post

2000-2014 ASPPlayground.NET Forum Version 3.9
                What is Roadfood?  |   Privacy Policy  |   Contact Roadfood.com   Copyright 2011 - Roadfood.com