The most memorable local eateries along the highways and back roads of America
Sign In | Register for Free!
Restaurants Recipes Forums EatingTours Merchandise FAQ Maps Insider
Forum Themes:
Welcome !

Connecticut Roadfood Bus Tour 2012

Change Page: < 1234 | Showing page 4 of 4, messages 91 to 103 of 103
buffetbuster

Re:Connecticut Roadfood Bus Tour 2012 Thu, 10/25/12 1:38 PM (permalink)
Rocky-
We would absolutely love to see your smiling face on a Roadfood Bus Tour someday!  And thanks so much for the very kind words.

buffetbuster

Re:Connecticut Roadfood Bus Tour 2012 Thu, 10/25/12 1:56 PM (permalink)
    Just wrapping up a few final thoughts.....

ChiTownDiner, Cousin Johnny and I were recently discussing which of the Roadfood Bus Tours have been our favorites.   

CTD voted for the Austin/Central Texas BBQ Tour, which we took in 2008.  Hopefully, he will chime in with his reasons, but I also have very fond memories of hitting four spectacular bbq parlors back-to-back-to-back-to-back!

Cousin Johnny named the New Mexico Tour of 2010 as his personal favorite.  This undoubtedly has a lot to do with the stop at Bobcat Bite, plus two other opportunites to enjoy green chile cheeseburgers.

Mine would be the Buffalo/Rochester Tour of 2009 for a lot of reasons.  It was the first tour that had the current two day format.  Stephen Rushmore's surprise stop for Cornell Chicken was inspired.  The variety and quality of food (beef on weck, white hots, ice cream, frozen custard, bbq, steak sandwiches, garbage plates, etc.) was exceptional.  And it ended with a real marriage proposal!  It truly had everything.

It is still too soon to rank the latest tour with the others, but it will surely be very high on the list.  I would love to hear from others who have been on multiple tours to find out which were their favorites. 

One other thing that needs mentioned is that it was discussed on the bus about where we should go for next year.  Michael Stern said that Charleston, SC, one of the truly great Roadfood cities, was a strong candidate.  Man, could we do some serious eating in Charleston!  CTD brought up the idea of Portland, OR, which Michael seemed to also like.  Personally, I would be thrilled to go to either one of those choices or wherever they decide to go.  
    <message edited by buffetbuster on Thu, 10/25/12 2:50 PM>

mr chips

• Total Posts: 4715
      Re:Connecticut Roadfood Bus Tour 2012 Fri, 10/26/12 1:39 PM (permalink)
      Obviously I would favor Portland for a tour stop with the possibility of a day trip to Astoria, Seaside and Cannon Beach on the Oregon coast. I thoroughly enjoyed my trips to Nashville and Buffalo and a self guided trip to Austin. I really like the two day tour.
      <message edited by mr chips on Sat, 10/27/12 10:25 PM>

buffetbuster

Re:Connecticut Roadfood Bus Tour 2012 Fri, 10/26/12 2:08 PM (permalink)
        Cousin Johnny and I are currently discussing where to go on our week long vacation together next year. Oregon was definitely in the mix, but if we could possibly be there on the bus tour, no reason to do it twice in one year.   We are going to stay away from Charleston, also. 

wanderingjew

• Total Posts: 7407
          • Roadfood Insider
          Re:Connecticut Roadfood Bus Tour 2012 Fri, 10/26/12 2:44 PM (permalink)
          buffetbuster

Cousin Johnny and I are currently discussing where to go on our week long vacation together next year. Oregon was definitely in the mix, but if we could possibly be there on the bus tour, no reason to do it twice in one year.   We are going to stay away from Charleston, also. 

How's about Rhode Island ?

buffetbuster

Re:Connecticut Roadfood Bus Tour 2012 Fri, 10/26/12 2:55 PM (permalink)
            WJ-
            Rhode Island?  That would be a very enjoyable 45 minutes!

wanderingjew

• Roadfood Insider
              Re:Connecticut Roadfood Bus Tour 2012 Fri, 10/26/12 3:35 PM (permalink)
              buffetbuster

WJ-
              Rhode Island?  That would be a very enjoyable 45 minutes!

bb

Instead of driving from destination to destination you both  can walk, that will bring  it up to, oh, I'd say about 2 hours.

ChiTownDiner

Re:Connecticut Roadfood Bus Tour 2012 Sat, 10/27/12 5:21 PM (permalink)
                buffetbuster - Austin was all about the meat...sweats and all!  The subtle differences between each stop, plus the side trips for pie, home cooking (Hoovers), kolachky, pie, donuts, cupcakes, and on and on...

I'll also say this...I haven't been on a tour I didn't like either...the people, the food, the mix...loved 'em all!

karilyn

• Total Posts: 142
                  Re:Connecticut Roadfood Bus Tour 2012 Tue, 10/30/12 8:02 PM (permalink)
                  In 2011, I drove from Portland OR to Astoria and from there drove the entire coast, ending in San Francisco.  I'd love to go back!!!  If the 2013 tour is elsewhere, BB you MUST go and definitely bring your better half.  SOOOOO many great photo ops for Miss M to pose in!!!  Some great eats out there!!  But the unexpected highlight was on Easter Sunday in San Fran . . . Bring Your Own Big Wheel.  It's an annual event - google it.  I'd go back just to participate in it!!

What about Hawaii for a trip location??!!!!

buffetbuster

Re:Connecticut Roadfood Bus Tour 2012 Thu, 11/1/12 1:49 PM (permalink)
                    karilyn-
                    Don't worry, no matter where Roadfood chooses for the bus tour next year, we will definitely be there.  Wouldn't miss it for the world!

And we absolutely share your enthusiasm for the Oregon coast.  Truly one of the most beautiful areas of the country.  We just did that drive last Fall and yes, I must of taken a thousand photos of her, including:

Here is hoping that you and Beth also join in next year.  It was such a pleasure to have you two along!
                    <message edited by buffetbuster on Thu, 11/1/12 2:15 PM>

ChiTownDiner

Re:Connecticut Roadfood Bus Tour 2012 Thu, 11/1/12 2:09 PM (permalink)
                      buffetbuster - I was a little concerned that Beth and karilyn might set a bad example for guys like you and me.  Was pleasantly surprised to return home without being totally corrupted!  Whew!!!  Now as for wanderingjew, that's another story!

wanderingjew

• Roadfood Insider
                        Re:Connecticut Roadfood Bus Tour 2012 Thu, 11/1/12 4:27 PM (permalink)
                        ChiTownDiner

buffetbuster - I was a little concerned that Beth and karilyn might set a bad example for guys like you and me.  Was pleasantly surprised to return home without being totally corrupted!  Whew!!!  Now as for wanderingjew, that's another story!

Well, you all  now know how much Sandra eats, I've been trying to keep up with her and has been corrupting all of us, even Beth and Karilyn can't keep up with her, forget the lightweights like Buffetbuster and Chi Town Diner

karilyn

• Total Posts: 142
                          Re:Connecticut Roadfood Bus Tour 2012 Fri, 11/2/12 10:15 AM (permalink)
                          BB  Thanks for my M fix for the day!!  Awesome photo!!!  LOVED being with you guys and all the rest of the roadfooders.  What a great bunch of people!!!

Online Bookmarks Sharing: Share/Bookmark
                            Change Page: < 1234 | Showing page 4 of 4, messages 91 to 103 of 103

Jump to:

Current active users

There are 0 members and 1 guests.

Icon Legend and Permission

• New Messages
                            • No New Messages
                            • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
                            • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
                            • Locked w/ New Messages
                            • Locked w/o New Messages
                            • Read Message
                            • Post New Thread
                            • Reply to message
                            • Post New Poll
                            • Submit Vote
                            • Post reward post
                            • Delete my own posts
                            • Delete my own threads
                            • Rate post

2000-2014 ASPPlayground.NET Forum Version 3.9
                            What is Roadfood?  |   Privacy Policy  |   Contact Roadfood.com   Copyright 2011 - Roadfood.com