The most memorable local eateries along the highways and back roads of America
Sign In | Register for Free!
Restaurants Recipes Forums EatingTours Merchandise FAQ Maps Insider
Forum Themes:
Welcome !

Coffee wars get hotter with MoonPie-flavored coffees...

MellowRoast

• Total Posts: 1926
Coffee wars get hotter with MoonPie-flavored coffees... Tue, 10/2/12 6:56 PM (permalink)
What will they think of next?  I hope this URL will click through.  I've had trouble posting them for several days.
http://www.bakingbusiness.com/articles/news_home/New_Products/2012/10/MoonPie-flavored_coffees_intro.aspx?ID=%7B5A4597E3-F294-47CD-ABB2-EC8DF1AFA73C%7D

mar52

• Total Posts: 7590
    Re:Coffee wars get hotter with MoonPie-flavored coffees... Tue, 10/2/12 8:35 PM (permalink)
    MoonPie flavored MoonPies aren't even good.

MellowRoast

• Total Posts: 1926
      Re:Coffee wars get hotter with MoonPie-flavored coffees... Wed, 10/3/12 7:30 AM (permalink)
      If they didn't taste good, I wouldn't eat them. Not everyone can like the same things, often due to genetics.  I paticularly enjoy the chocolate and vanilla, but don't like the other flavors.   Conversely, I'm sure there are foods you like that I think taste bad.

kevincad

• Total Posts: 398
        Re:Coffee wars get hotter with MoonPie-flavored coffees... Wed, 10/3/12 10:26 AM (permalink)
        mar52

Hey! That's blasphemy in the south!!

mar52

• Total Posts: 7590
          Re:Coffee wars get hotter with MoonPie-flavored coffees... Wed, 10/3/12 1:54 PM (permalink)
          I wasn't saying it was bad for everyone... bad for me.  Actually the flavor might be fine, I don't like the texture.

CCinNJ

• Total Posts: 7739
            Re:Coffee wars get hotter with MoonPie-flavored coffees... Wed, 10/3/12 1:59 PM (permalink)
            Wouldn't a coffee flavored Moon Pie be better than Moon Pie flavored coffee?

I'm just sayin'.

<message edited by CCinNJ on Wed, 10/3/12 2:03 PM>

ScreenBear

• Total Posts: 1503
              Re:Coffee wars get hotter with MoonPie-flavored coffees... Wed, 10/3/12 8:32 PM (permalink)
              If you can't have pheasant under glass, truffles, salad and champagne for dinner, followed by a dessert of Moon Pie with a bottle of grape soda, taken on the terrace, then I beseech, what's the use?

The Bear

HaydenFennell

• Total Posts: 28
                Re:Coffee wars get hotter with MoonPie-flavored coffees... Thu, 10/4/12 8:31 AM (permalink)
                mar52

I think that I'm with mar52 on this one. I've always found MoonPies to be dry and crumbly and really just not very good, and I live in South Carolina. However, I do have to say that if you can manage to get a really fresh MoonPie from one of MoonPie's general stores in Charleston or Chattanooga, it's a totally different experience. They're a lot better when they're fresh.

MoonPie flavored coffee sounds pretty interesting, though. It would at least be worth a try once. I'll have to see if I can track it down and give it a taste and report back in a day or two.

wanderingjew

• Total Posts: 7379
                  • Roadfood Insider
                  Re:Coffee wars get hotter with MoonPie-flavored coffees... Thu, 10/4/12 9:47 AM (permalink)
                  I'm betting it would taste more like moonpie flavor hot water to me
                  Which reminds me, I have to update my coffee house list for 2012

kevincad

• Total Posts: 398
                    Re:Coffee wars get hotter with MoonPie-flavored coffees... Thu, 10/4/12 10:01 AM (permalink)
                    HaydenFennell

mar52

I think that I'm with mar52 on this one. I've always found MoonPies to be dry and crumbly and really just not very good, and I live in South Carolina. However, I do have to say that if you can manage to get a really fresh MoonPie from one of MoonPie's general stores in Charleston or Chattanooga, it's a totally different experience. They're a lot better when they're fresh.

MoonPie flavored coffee sounds pretty interesting, though. It would at least be worth a try once. I'll have to see if I can track it down and give it a taste and report back in a day or two.

That's why you have to have an RC Cola with your moonpie!

jajarino68

• Total Posts: 152
                      Re:Coffee wars get hotter with MoonPie-flavored coffees... Sat, 10/6/12 3:22 PM (permalink)
                      Warm Moonpie in the microwave for just a few seconds. Yum

HaydenFennell

• Total Posts: 28
                        Re:Coffee wars get hotter with MoonPie-flavored coffees... Mon, 10/29/12 10:06 AM (permalink)
                        kevincad

HaydenFennell

mar52

That's why you have to have an RC Cola with your moonpie!

I can't argue with that, Kevin. RC Cola makes everything better.

Online Bookmarks Sharing: Share/Bookmark

Jump to:

Current active users

There are 0 members and 1 guests.

Icon Legend and Permission

• New Messages
                          • No New Messages
                          • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
                          • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
                          • Locked w/ New Messages
                          • Locked w/o New Messages
                          • Read Message
                          • Post New Thread
                          • Reply to message
                          • Post New Poll
                          • Submit Vote
                          • Post reward post
                          • Delete my own posts
                          • Delete my own threads
                          • Rate post

2000-2014 ASPPlayground.NET Forum Version 3.9
                          What is Roadfood?  |   Privacy Policy  |   Contact Roadfood.com   Copyright 2011 - Roadfood.com