Sign In | Register for Free!
Restaurants Recipes Forums EatingTours Merchandise FAQ Maps Insider
Forum Themes:
Welcome !

Who Makes The Best Biscuit Sandwiches??

Change Page: 1234 > | Showing page 1 of 4, messages 1 to 30 of 103
Foodbme

• Total Posts: 9527
Who Makes The Best Biscuit Sandwiches?? Tue, 11/27/12 12:56 AM (permalink)
There are categories of Biscuit sandwiches - Frozen, FF chains, Mom & Pops, Home-made, etc
Serious Eats recently posted the results of a taste test of Jimmy Dean and Aunt Jemima frozen biscuit sandwiches.
Jimmy Dean won!
SO----What is your favorite Biscuit Breakfast Sandwich?
Besides my own, I prefer a Hardee's Sausage Biscuit but, since I can't get one out here, my local favorite is a Jack in the Box Sausage, Egg & Cheese Biscuit. I like that it is available 24/7/365!

Glenn1234

• Total Posts: 508
    Re:Who Makes The Best Biscuit Sandwiches?? Tue, 11/27/12 1:58 AM (permalink)

The chicken biscuit (A fried breast piece on a buttered fresh, made from scratch biscuit)   from  Sunrise Biscuit Kitchen. Chapel Hill, NC.   It's one of my all-time favorite roadfood places. 

Glenn

<message edited by Glenn1234 on Tue, 11/27/12 2:13 AM>

Sundancer7

Re:Who Makes The Best Biscuit Sandwiches?? Tue, 11/27/12 7:46 AM (permalink)
      Foodbme

There are categories of Biscuit sandwiches - Frozen, FF chains, Mom & Pops, Home-made, etc
      Serious Eats recently posted the results of a taste test of Jimmy Dean and Aunt Jemima frozen biscuit sandwiches.
      Jimmy Dean won!
      SO----What is your favorite Biscuit Breakfast Sandwich?
      Besides my own, I prefer a Hardee's Sausage Biscuit but, since I can't get one out here, my local favorite is a Jack in the Box Sausage, Egg & Cheese Biscuit. I like that it is available 24/7/365!

Hardee's don't have much but I agree that their biscuit is certainly my favorite.  I have tried to duplicate them but I cannot.  Mine always turns out OK but not pretty and brown and sorta crispy.

Paul E. Smith
      Knoxville, TN

love2bake

• Total Posts: 1269
        Re:Who Makes The Best Biscuit Sandwiches?? Tue, 11/27/12 9:48 AM (permalink)
        For fast food, I love the biscuit sandwiches at Bojangles.  However, that photo above looks outrageous!  I've never been to Sunrise Biscuit Kitchen, though, so am happy with Bojangles.  For now. 

Too bad they're no where near the SF Bay Area.

http://www.bojangles.com/locations

I tried Tudor's Biscuit World, found throughout West Virginia, but didn't love them.
        <message edited by love2bake on Tue, 11/27/12 9:50 AM>

TJ Jackson

• Total Posts: 4481
          Re:Who Makes The Best Biscuit Sandwiches?? Tue, 11/27/12 9:55 AM (permalink)
          Glenn, that chicken biscuit looks gorgeous

The closest I have had to that is the chicken biscuit at Chik-Fil-A, which is fairly inconsistent in quality here locally, but on it's best day is probably about half as good as the biscuit in the photo you posted - which is still pretty darn good! :-)

Pigiron

• Total Posts: 1384
            • Roadfood Insider
            Re:Who Makes The Best Biscuit Sandwiches?? Tue, 11/27/12 11:21 AM (permalink)
            Glenn1234

The chicken biscuit (A fried breast piece on a buttered fresh, made from scratch biscuit)   from  Sunrise Biscuit Kitchen. Chapel Hill, NC.   It's one of my all-time favorite roadfood places. 

Seconded, emphatically.  Sunrise Biscuit Kitchen is a first ballot Hall-of-Famer.  

kaszeta

Re:Who Makes The Best Biscuit Sandwiches?? Tue, 11/27/12 12:12 PM (permalink)
              I'd settle for a biscuit up here.  95% of the places up here selling biscuits need to go to remedial biscuit school.

I do like a good Bojangle's biscuit, however.

I've added Sunrise to my hit list.  Hopefully it won't be long before my next UNC trip.

The Travelin Man

• Total Posts: 3698
                Re:Who Makes The Best Biscuit Sandwiches?? Tue, 11/27/12 12:13 PM (permalink)
                Pigiron

Glenn1234

Seconded, emphatically.  Sunrise Biscuit Kitchen is a first ballot Hall-of-Famer.  

Thirded.

The four months in which I lived in Chapel Hill were made far better by the option of going to Sunrise Biscuit Kitchen. Also, as mentioned in this thread, Bojangles is a nice fall back option, should you be in a non-Chapel Hill area. I am particularly fond of grabbing one should I have a connection at CLT in the B gate area.

After those two, there is a significant drop off the rest of the biscuit-eating options tied for third.

OxDawg

• Total Posts: 51
                  Re:Who Makes The Best Biscuit Sandwiches?? Tue, 11/27/12 12:21 PM (permalink)
                  Mamie's Kitchen in Covington Ga. the Chicken and the Steak and Gravy are both very good. Also for chains Hardee's followed closely by Bojangles.

tcrouzer

• Total Posts: 430
                    Re:Who Makes The Best Biscuit Sandwiches?? Tue, 11/27/12 12:50 PM (permalink)
                    Yes, indeedy! A chicken biscuit is my favorite when getting a fast food biscuit. Hardee's is close to work but Biscuitville is on the way to anywhere else - we have 9 Biscuitville locations in my area. Chick-fil-A and Bojangles are possiblities too, but not up there with Hardee's and Biscuitville. Looks like I'm going to have to make a trip to Chapel Hill in the near future to sample the Sunrise fried chicken biscuit!

kevincad

• Total Posts: 399
                      Re:Who Makes The Best Biscuit Sandwiches?? Tue, 11/27/12 2:12 PM (permalink)
                      OxDawg

Mamie's Kitchen in Covington Ga. the Chicken and the Steak and Gravy are both very good. Also for chains Hardee's followed closely by Bojangles.

Oh, yes!!! And the Little Barn in Lawrenceville, GA is really good and there Q is good as well!

http://www.littlebarnonline.com/

Pancho

• Total Posts: 915
                        Re:Who Makes The Best Biscuit Sandwiches?? Tue, 11/27/12 4:14 PM (permalink)
                        Without a doubt, "The Reggie" at Pine State Biscuits in Portland, OR. Click the link and drool.
                        http://www.pinestatebiscuits.com/
                        <message edited by Pancho on Tue, 11/27/12 4:16 PM>

carlton pierre

• Total Posts: 2500
                          Re:Who Makes The Best Biscuit Sandwiches?? Tue, 11/27/12 4:33 PM (permalink)
                          Usually when I'm travelling and looking for breakfast I just get a sausage biscuit from McDonalds.

wheregreggeats.com

Re:Who Makes The Best Biscuit Sandwiches?? Tue, 11/27/12 4:55 PM (permalink)
                            carlton pierre

Usually when I'm travelling and looking for breakfast I just get a sausage biscuit from McDonalds.

Well, that certainly simplifies matters.

ann peeples

• Total Posts: 8317
                              Re:Who Makes The Best Biscuit Sandwiches?? Tue, 11/27/12 5:07 PM (permalink)
                              While in North Carolina, both Biscuitville and Bojangles were favorites....didnt make it to Sunrise-but will next visit!. The absolutely best biscuit was from a little gas station in Raleigh near my cousins....know how to get there from her place but dont rememeber the name-owners wife came in every morning with her home made stuff-including pecan pie and chess pie, and of course, biscuits!

chickenplucker

• Total Posts: 160
                                Re:Who Makes The Best Biscuit Sandwiches?? Tue, 11/27/12 6:11 PM (permalink)
                                Anyone around Atlanta or traveling to should try the chicken biscuit at Martin's. A small regional chain of 15 stores mostly on the NW side of ATL. Each store has a person making fresh biscuits in small batches. Purists can even order light or dark tops on them. The chicken is great but I tend to favor the country ham.
                                http://martinsrestaurants.com/Menu/BreakfastBiscuits.aspx

wanderingjew

• Total Posts: 7381
                                  • Roadfood Insider
                                  Re:Who Makes The Best Biscuit Sandwiches?? Tue, 11/27/12 6:37 PM (permalink)
                                  carlton pierre

My sincere condolences

Ed Face

• Total Posts: 20
                                    Re:Who Makes The Best Biscuit Sandwiches?? Tue, 11/27/12 6:44 PM (permalink)
                                    My favorite is the rubber biscuit, when you throw it against the wall, it comes back!

Michael Hoffman

• Total Posts: 17805
                                      Re:Who Makes The Best Biscuit Sandwiches?? Tue, 11/27/12 7:13 PM (permalink)
                                      Ed Face

My favorite is the rubber biscuit, when you throw it against the wall, it comes back!

That sounds like something my mother might have made had my mother ever tried to make a biscuit.

ces1948

• Total Posts: 1499
                                        Re:Who Makes The Best Biscuit Sandwiches?? Tue, 11/27/12 8:19 PM (permalink)
                                        Hard to find a good biscuit around here. Unfortunately.

Pigiron

• Total Posts: 1384
                                          • Roadfood Insider
                                          Re:Who Makes The Best Biscuit Sandwiches?? Tue, 11/27/12 10:28 PM (permalink)
                                          Ed Face

That's actually a "ricochet biscuit".  And if it don't bounce back, you go hungry.  Bow bow bow.  

carolina bob

• Total Posts: 3420
                                            Re:Who Makes The Best Biscuit Sandwiches?? Wed, 11/28/12 12:29 AM (permalink)
                                            My favorite is a sausage and egg biscuit at Hardee's, but the nearest one to me is in Rushville IN, about 30 miles from here. Still doable though if the urge hits. Unfortunately, my upcoming move back to Chicagoland will take me far from Hardee's territory. When I'm in North Carolina, Biscuitville is also a favorite, and I hope to get to Sunrise Biscuit Kitchen on a future trip.

Update: That Hardee's in Rushville is now about 215 miles from me. Oh well, nothing lasts forever...
                                            <message edited by carolina bob on Wed, 05/1/13 11:50 PM>

Flagger Bob

• Total Posts: 7
                                              Re:Who Makes The Best Biscuit Sandwiches?? Fri, 11/30/12 11:15 AM (permalink)
                                              I'm new here.  But I have to agree that Bojangles and Biscuitville make excellent biscuits.  Finally went into Biscuitville in Danville, VA end of Oct while flagging race at VIR.  Went back Sunday AM for breakfast.  Plan on stopping everytime we go to VIR.

claracamille

• Total Posts: 414
                                                Re:Who Makes The Best Biscuit Sandwiches?? Sat, 12/1/12 8:22 PM (permalink)
                                                Whenever I am in WV , I always stop at Tudor's for a breakfast biscuit. The biscuits are good, but I like what you can get on the biscuit. Tudor's has country ham & a real egg fried to your liking (I want a runny yolk). My best breakfast biscuit!!

Adjudicator

• Total Posts: 5055
                                                  Re:Who Makes The Best Biscuit Sandwiches?? Fri, 12/14/12 5:03 PM (permalink)
                                                  I vote for Suzi's in South Charleston, WV.  Their BLT biscuit is the best breakfast biscuit I have ever had.

Suzi's Hamburgers
                                                  239 Maccorkle Ave SW, South Charleston, WV 25303
                                                  <message edited by Adjudicator on Fri, 12/14/12 5:18 PM>

improviser

• Total Posts: 865
                                                    Re:Who Makes The Best Biscuit Sandwiches?? Fri, 12/14/12 6:32 PM (permalink)
                                                    If we're talking fast food, I think Hardee's has the best. In fact, I'll never understand why they don't serve their biscuits all day. I think they'd make a fortune. All the Hardee's around here are always completely dead at dinnertime.

That Sunrise Biscuit Kitchen biscuit looks delicious.

jimcfs1

• Total Posts: 71
                                                      Re:Who Makes The Best Biscuit Sandwiches?? Fri, 12/14/12 7:51 PM (permalink)
                                                      Hardee's is the best (Bacon, Egg and Cheese), Bojangles in a pinch, Tudor's bleh.

ces1948

• Total Posts: 1499
                                                        • Location: Port St Lucie, Fl
                                                        Re:Who Makes The Best Biscuit Sandwiches?? Fri, 12/14/12 10:25 PM (permalink)
                                                        You know  I actually liked the sausage biscuit at Burger King but a couple of weeks ago I saw them loading precooked sausage patties into slots of a deep fryer rack and give a minute or so dunk in the hot grease. Actually they still tasted OK but I was a bit turned off by the method.

Adjudicator

• Total Posts: 5055
                                                          • Location: Tallahassee, FL
                                                          Re:Who Makes The Best Biscuit Sandwiches?? Sat, 12/15/12 2:35 PM (permalink)
                                                          improviser

If we're talking fast food, I think Hardee's has the best. In fact, I'll never understand why they don't serve their biscuits all day. I think they'd make a fortune. All the Hardee's around here are always completely dead at dinnertime.

That Sunrise Biscuit Kitchen biscuit looks delicious.

As for Hardee's; their CF steak biskit w/egg and (maybe cheese...), is worthy.
                                                          And yes I said biskit...
                                                          <message edited by Adjudicator on Sat, 12/15/12 2:37 PM>

badbyron722

• Total Posts: 307
                                                            • Location: Spartanburg, SC
                                                            Re:Who Makes The Best Biscuit Sandwiches?? Sun, 01/6/13 6:01 PM (permalink)
                                                            Hardees biscuits are good.

Online Bookmarks Sharing: Share/Bookmark
                                                              Change Page: 1234 > | Showing page 1 of 4, messages 1 to 30 of 103

Jump to:

Current active users

There are 0 members and 1 guests.

Icon Legend and Permission

• New Messages
                                                              • No New Messages
                                                              • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
                                                              • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
                                                              • Locked w/ New Messages
                                                              • Locked w/o New Messages
                                                              • Read Message
                                                              • Post New Thread
                                                              • Reply to message
                                                              • Post New Poll
                                                              • Submit Vote
                                                              • Post reward post
                                                              • Delete my own posts
                                                              • Delete my own threads
                                                              • Rate post

2000-2014 ASPPlayground.NET Forum Version 3.9
                                                              What is Roadfood?  |   Privacy Policy  |   Contact Roadfood.com   Copyright 2011 - Roadfood.com