The most memorable local eateries along the highways and back roads of America
Sign In | Register for Free!
Restaurants Recipes Forums EatingTours Merchandise FAQ Maps Insider

GLEE CLUB MEETING-- All Invited

Change Page: < 12345678910.. > >> | Showing page 10 of 22, messages 271 to 300 of 644
Michael Hoffman

• Total Posts: 17837
Re:GLEE CLUB MEETING-- All Invited Sat, 01/26/13 12:12 PM (permalink)
Are you suggesting there might not be any snow around? It's winter. Who'd want to go somewhere in winter where they don't have beautiful snow?

wanderingjew

• Total Posts: 7386
    • Roadfood Insider
    Re:GLEE CLUB MEETING-- All Invited Sat, 01/26/13 12:14 PM (permalink)
    mayor al

Dale,
    I am thinking more of a 9 AM-1 PM sort of ride. I don't want to wear folks out before the Saturday evening Brick Pit meeting. I'll go where ever the group wants to go for a 'brunch....Other than some of the places along  Pensacola Beach and the freeway quick-stops, I am not that familiar with the Area. We did visit the Naval Air Museum a couple of years ago and enjoyed that.. Same with the Battleship in Mobile Bay.
    Just thinking of those sunny beaches warms my winter-gripped heart a bit .

Al,

That time would work out great, a late breakfast at The Coffee Cup would give us (ok, really me) a chance to enjoy some "real" coffee at a coffee house in Mobile earlier in the morning....   TTM and I went to Carpe Diem back in 2008 a few miles outside of downtown (probably the only coffee house I went to that housed a gift shop, there's apparently a new coffee house downtown walking distance from the hotel called Serda's, perhaps we'll check out both.

I know Buffetbuster has been to the Coffee Cup and has given it the "thumbs up"
    <message edited by wanderingjew on Sat, 01/26/13 12:16 PM>

lleechef

• Total Posts: 6232
      Re:GLEE CLUB MEETING-- All Invited Sat, 01/26/13 12:54 PM (permalink)
      That picture just makes me want to go someplace warm right now.......shorts and no shoes!  Sunshine and seafood......just doesn't get better.  19 days and counting until we leave!!!

Michael Hoffman

Re:GLEE CLUB MEETING-- All Invited Sat, 01/26/13 1:14 PM (permalink)
        You mean you don't want me to bring the XC skis up from the basement?

EdSails

• Total Posts: 3581
          Re:GLEE CLUB MEETING-- All Invited Sat, 01/26/13 5:32 PM (permalink)
          That's actually similar what I was mentioning. You pass by fairhope on the way to Pensacola. Big Daddy's Grill really has killer seafood!

http://www.bigdaddysgrill.net/

mayor al

What's the interest in a shore-drive from Mobile  to  the Pensacola shore area Saturday morning and lunch time? This could include a breakfast stop and maybe  some casual seafood snacking on the shore drive near Pensacola.
          We aren't 'crack'of' dawn folks after the Friday night activities, but a morning ride with some white sand and warm water wading might be fun...then some more fresh shellfish and a combo Shrimp cocktail and big Bloody Mary sounds good to me .???

<message edited by EdSails on Sat, 01/26/13 5:39 PM>

buffetbuster

Re:GLEE CLUB MEETING-- All Invited Sat, 01/26/13 5:59 PM (permalink)
            I have not discussed this with ChiTownDiner, who we are sharing a car with, but I had already been thinking of going to Pensacola on Saturday.  Peg Leg Pete's on Pensacola Beach sounds like a great idea!  It has been about eight years since my last visit to Coffee Cup, but it was certainly good then. 

Michael Hoffman

Re:GLEE CLUB MEETING-- All Invited Sat, 01/26/13 6:09 PM (permalink)
              We have a back seat for anyone who'd need a ride to Pensacola.

cloudtwo

• Total Posts: 2
                Re:GLEE CLUB MEETING-- All Invited Sat, 01/26/13 8:02 PM (permalink)
                Good evening all...I am a new member and friend of "EdSails".....I am originally from So.Ca. but presently live in Fairhope, Al. Been here since 05 and am looking forward to meeting "youall"....Sterling

Michael Hoffman

Re:GLEE CLUB MEETING-- All Invited Sat, 01/26/13 8:13 PM (permalink)
                  Welcome to Roadfood. I'm glad you're going to be joining us. I know you'll enjoy it. Of course, it might take some time to get used to people taking pictures of their food.

mayor al

• Total Posts: 15064
                    • Roadfood Insider
                    Re:GLEE CLUB MEETING-- All Invited Sat, 01/26/13 8:42 PM (permalink)
                    Sterling,  Welcome to the site, and especially to the Glee Club.
                    We look forward to meeting you in person in a couple of weeks.
                    Janet and I are also "former" SoCal residents...Her from San Berdoo County and me from the High-Desert area. I spent my childhood in the South Bay area of Gardena and Lawndale.

See you soon.

will_work_4_bbq

• Total Posts: 400
                      Re:GLEE CLUB MEETING-- All Invited Sat, 01/26/13 9:46 PM (permalink)
                      I can take a passenger to Pensacola too.

mayor al

• Roadfood Insider
                        Re:GLEE CLUB MEETING-- All Invited Sun, 01/27/13 2:14 PM (permalink)
                        I received a nice note of greetings from our friend,  Seafarer John. As was posted earlier  John has undergone some severe medical setbacks over the past year or so. We wish him comfort and support thru this difficult time.
                          He did ask that we all enjoy as much of the Gulf Seafood as possible to bring back his memories of the previous Glee Club gathering in Mobile.
                           God Bless and keep you and Gail and we will dedicate the meeting to honor your companionship for these many years.
                        Always Smiling, John will be with us in Spirit this year.

wanderingjew

• Roadfood Insider
                          Re:GLEE CLUB MEETING-- All Invited Sun, 01/27/13 8:48 PM (permalink)
                          buffetbuster

I have not discussed this with ChiTownDiner, who we are sharing a car with, but I had already been thinking of going to Pensacola on Saturday.  Peg Leg Pete's on Pensacola Beach sounds like a great idea!  It has been about eight years since my last visit to Coffee Cup, but it was certainly good then. 

buffetbuster,

You mean those photos of yours on the restaurant review are 8 years old? I never would have guessed.

Be that as it may, 4 out of 5 stars on Yelp....Guess it's held its own.

EdSails

Re:GLEE CLUB MEETING-- All Invited Sun, 01/27/13 9:12 PM (permalink)
                            Some of the Alabama shots in my past threads on that were done by Sterling. He's a good food photographer!

Michael Hoffman

Welcome to Roadfood. I'm glad you're going to be joining us. I know you'll enjoy it. Of course, it might take some time to get used to people taking pictures of their food.

mhill95

• Total Posts: 189
                              Re:GLEE CLUB MEETING-- All Invited Sun, 01/27/13 9:23 PM (permalink)
                              I have ate at the Coffee Cup many times breakfast and lunch. Always busy and always good......but never when 20 + descended on the place. (LOL) You'll enjoy the big fluffy omlets or anything else from the great menu.
                              Just remember, you are walking into an antique.

mike

ChrisOC

• Total Posts: 901
                                Re:GLEE CLUB MEETING-- All Invited Sun, 01/27/13 10:10 PM (permalink)
                                mayor al

A few memories...
                                TTM greets the Scotties-

Dreamland Ribs-

OYSTERS
                                Raw and Broiled

Dale with his namesake beer

Brick Pit BBQ and the Group

PS- Llleechef, Duffie says he liked posing with you better than with TTM... a chip off the old block, me thinks !

Could someone identify our RF friends in the group pic?

EdSails

Re:GLEE CLUB MEETING-- All Invited Mon, 01/28/13 3:06 AM (permalink)
                                  I've been in San Francisco for 3 days so far. No good seafood. Half dozen oysters on the half shell----$18. I will be happy to get to Mobile and stuff myself on great seafood again. 

mayor al

• Location: Louisville area, Southern Indiana
                                    • Roadfood Insider
                                    Re:GLEE CLUB MEETING-- All Invited Mon, 01/28/13 8:52 AM (permalink)
                                    Chris- OC

Back Row L to R
                                    Mayor Al, Poverty Pete(head), Padre Rick F (R I P), Sundancer, BB (head), Wandering Jew, OneIron
                                    Sitting
                                    Iwannago, Jan(Mrs Rick), Janet(Mrs Mayor), Debbie(Mrs Oneiron), Gail & Seafarer John
                                    in front- TTM (Steve)

ChrisOC

• Total Posts: 901
                                      Re:GLEE CLUB MEETING-- All Invited Mon, 01/28/13 9:10 AM (permalink)
                                      Thanks Mayor Al!

The Travelin Man

• Total Posts: 3698
                                        Re:GLEE CLUB MEETING-- All Invited Mon, 01/28/13 9:23 AM (permalink)
                                        Good job. Heck, I didn't remember most of those people.

mayor al

• Roadfood Insider
                                          Re:GLEE CLUB MEETING-- All Invited Mon, 01/28/13 9:39 AM (permalink)
                                          WJ-  Here is a JIBJAB introduction of Sandra to the RF folks. Feel free to sing-a-long....
                                          http://www.jibjab.com/view/o9B3BIi1SeuQVDSnL54CtQ

TTM- All that warm Sunshine is rotting your memory...You need a month of snow and ice to get it all back. 

19 days til Mobile.

wanderingjew

• Location: East Greenwich/ Warwick, RI
                                            • Roadfood Insider
                                            Re:GLEE CLUB MEETING-- All Invited Mon, 01/28/13 3:04 PM (permalink)
                                            Al

That is too funny, I know Sandra will get a kick out of this, although I think she was hoping for an Austrian or Hungarian Polka. 

I remember seeing Greas the summer before going into 8th grade.....Can't believe it was 3 1/2 decades ago! 
                                            <message edited by wanderingjew on Mon, 01/28/13 4:03 PM>

wanderingjew

• Location: East Greenwich/ Warwick, RI
                                              • Roadfood Insider
                                              Re:GLEE CLUB MEETING-- All Invited Mon, 01/28/13 3:49 PM (permalink)
                                              BTW for those who don't know Sandra

That's her between myself and Bethgrd at the Boston monthly get together this past November.

(photo courtesy of Billyboy)

mayor al

• Roadfood Insider
                                                Re:GLEE CLUB MEETING-- All Invited Mon, 01/28/13 4:00 PM (permalink)
                                                WJ
                                                Hope she is not disappointed. I passed over a "sort of lame"  Polka to the Grease Scene...

Michael Hoffman

Re:GLEE CLUB MEETING-- All Invited Mon, 01/28/13 4:08 PM (permalink)
                                                  OK. I now have The Admiral Semmes, Wintzell's, The Brick Pit, Peg Leg Pete's and The Coffee Cup in my GPS. I guess I should start packing.

mayor al

• Roadfood Insider
                                                    Re:GLEE CLUB MEETING-- All Invited Mon, 01/28/13 4:19 PM (permalink)
                                                    GPS... We Do'n neeed no steenkin' GPS !!!
                                                      We done been to the Walmart and got us a new map !!
                                                     Well, OK it was headed for the dumpster, but the road's ain't changed much since 1965...

Michael Hoffman

Re:GLEE CLUB MEETING-- All Invited Mon, 01/28/13 4:33 PM (permalink)

ann peeples

• Total Posts: 8317
                                                        • Location: West Allis, Wisconsin
                                                        Re:GLEE CLUB MEETING-- All Invited Mon, 01/28/13 5:06 PM (permalink)
                                                        I have already started packing, as Wisconsin is so different than Alabama in February.Had to bring out my mid spring clothes.( like I really have those) Whats funny, as according to Mobile weather in Feb., its 55-65 degrees.To me, that is shorts weather.And gorgeous.....

mayor al

• Roadfood Insider
                                                          Re:GLEE CLUB MEETING-- All Invited Mon, 01/28/13 8:15 PM (permalink)
                                                          Annie for some reason the Alabama Tourist Bureau spends a lot of money running "See Alabama" commercials on the Louisville TV stations almost nightly...lots of White Sandy beaches and Roadfood style photo scenes !!  18 days...

will_work_4_bbq

• Total Posts: 400
                                                            • Location: Birmingham, AL
                                                            Re:GLEE CLUB MEETING-- All Invited Mon, 01/28/13 9:53 PM (permalink)
                                                            Love the JibJab!  Hoping for an encore performance by WJ and Sandra!

Online Bookmarks Sharing: Share/Bookmark
                                                              Change Page: < 12345678910.. > >> | Showing page 10 of 22, messages 271 to 300 of 644

Jump to:

Current active users

There are 0 members and 2 guests.

Icon Legend and Permission

• New Messages
                                                              • No New Messages
                                                              • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
                                                              • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
                                                              • Locked w/ New Messages
                                                              • Locked w/o New Messages
                                                              • Read Message
                                                              • Post New Thread
                                                              • Reply to message
                                                              • Post New Poll
                                                              • Submit Vote
                                                              • Post reward post
                                                              • Delete my own posts
                                                              • Delete my own threads
                                                              • Rate post

2000-2014 ASPPlayground.NET Forum Version 3.9
                                                              What is Roadfood?  |   Privacy Policy  |   Contact Roadfood.com   Copyright 2011 - Roadfood.com