The most memorable local eateries along the highways and back roads of America
Sign In | Register for Free!
Restaurants Recipes Forums EatingTours Merchandise FAQ Maps Insider

GLEE CLUB MEETING-- All Invited

Change Page: << < ..11121314151617181920.. > >> | Showing page 12 of 22, messages 331 to 360 of 644
ChiTownDiner

Re:GLEE CLUB MEETING-- All Invited Sat, 02/2/13 8:26 AM (permalink)
Alright...finally got some time.  So what's going on in Mobile?  Inquiring minds want to know...

wanderingjew

• Total Posts: 7410
    • Roadfood Insider
    Re:GLEE CLUB MEETING-- All Invited Sat, 02/2/13 8:31 AM (permalink)
    ChiTownDiner

Alright...finally got some time.  So what's going on in Mobile?  Inquiring minds want to know...

There's gonna be alot of food....

mayor al

• Total Posts: 15075
      • Roadfood Insider
      Re:GLEE CLUB MEETING-- All Invited Sat, 02/2/13 11:12 AM (permalink)
      Gregg
      Depending on when you arrive in town... A bunch of meal get-togethers... some visits to 'points of interest' and time to chat in a Hotel lounge for a late nite 'night-cap and social hour(S)
      Some folks do a bunch of food stops...as I know you have in other places.  Some break those up with a walk on the White-sandy beaches, or do some golf...or visit the Battleship Alabama museum in the harbor.

We are considering a Saturday morning drive along the Gulf to Pensacola Beach for some seafood lunch... then back to Mobile for a session Saturday night (5 PM) at the Brick Pit BBQ.
      The two evening meals are sort of the focus-meetings of the group... Friday at Wintzells Oyster House- Downtown Mobile... Sort of a 'kick-off meeting' renewing old friendships and meeting new folks......then the main session Saturday night at Brick Pit. Sunday morning is wide open. I think the group will set a location and time for a breakfast/brunch during the other meets.
      We- Janet, Annie, and I will arrive early Friday afternoon in Mobile after driving down I-65. We'll check into the Hotel and probably need some time to get "it" together to get to Wintzells before 5PM.
        Same going home on Sunday. We'll be headed north before noon Sunday. Many others are coming in earlier Wed. or Thursday and leaving later Sunday.
      So set your clock for Chicago time (CST) and be ready to dig in as much as you care too. This is a VERY informal agenda.
      Other Members, Feel free to add suggestions for ChiTwnDnr.

tiki

• Total Posts: 4135
        Re:GLEE CLUB MEETING-- All Invited Sat, 02/2/13 4:49 PM (permalink)
        Al--it's legal here in Okla to fish for paddlefish--got LOTS--but--they are Snagged not netted--use a huge treble hook on a big ol catfish pole(surf rod)--cast accross the river and reel in--no bait--they suck up stuff off the bottom and wont bite a baited hook. they tell me the meat is great too-bet thats the way your pouchers are doing it--

mayor al

• Roadfood Insider
          Re:GLEE CLUB MEETING-- All Invited Sat, 02/2/13 5:29 PM (permalink)
          Tiki
            The news story I saw didn't show the technique, but it did show the results... The guys simply cut out the Roe Sacks and threw away the rest of the fish.  These people were not paying any attention to the legal seasons or sizes or limits. We do have legal fishing for these fish in the Ohio River and tributaries , but it is quite regulated.
          Sure wish you could join us in Mobile, you will be missed.

ChiTownDiner

Re:GLEE CLUB MEETING-- All Invited Sun, 02/3/13 9:28 AM (permalink)
            Mayor Al - Thanks for the summary...looking forward to the get together.  I've hired a professional driver and food tour guide to be my conscience...and help curb intake!  Really looking forward to seeing everyone!

mayor al

• Roadfood Insider
              Re:GLEE CLUB MEETING-- All Invited Sun, 02/3/13 12:07 PM (permalink)
              TTM will do anything to get a free ride...now he's hiring out as a 'Food Guide' ???

EdSails

• Total Posts: 3592
                Re:GLEE CLUB MEETING-- All Invited Sun, 02/3/13 1:03 PM (permalink)
                For anyone who is getting in early, I'll be there from Wednesday on, so we can always do a meal or two early or any other exciting things going on in the area. Options might include a trip to Billy's Seafood Market (stuff right off the boat-----the place in ON the dock), Big Daddy's Grill in Fairhope, Lulu's (as in Lulu Buffet, Jimmy's sister), Down South Barbecue (they have a great smoker you can look at) or several other choices. Shoot me a message if any one is coming in early and wants to try some neat places.
                <message edited by EdSails on Sun, 02/3/13 3:49 PM>

tiki

• Total Posts: 4135
                  Re:GLEE CLUB MEETING-- All Invited Sun, 02/3/13 4:42 PM (permalink)
                  Al--next yr--promise--Janie will be retired by then and we plan 0n a lot of travel but this yr--my daughters wedding in May is FIRST on any travel budget!

CajunKing

• Total Posts: 6317
                    • Roadfood Insider
                    Re:GLEE CLUB MEETING-- All Invited Sun, 02/3/13 11:02 PM (permalink)
                    All you stuck in the cold and snowy north land

COME ON DOWN the water is warm or at least the weather in Nashville is 30+ degrees warmer than when I left home this morning.

buffetbuster

Re:GLEE CLUB MEETING-- All Invited Mon, 02/4/13 8:22 AM (permalink)
                      ChiTownDiner

I've hired a professional driver and food tour guide to be my conscience...and help curb intake!

Sounds like more work on Chicago-style U-turns is needed.  And it I am your conscience on this trip, then we are both in big trouble! 

ChiTownDiner

Re:GLEE CLUB MEETING-- All Invited Mon, 02/4/13 8:24 AM (permalink)
                        buffetbuster

ChiTownDiner

I've hired a professional driver and food tour guide to be my conscience...and help curb intake!

Sounds like more work on Chicago-style U-turns is needed.  And it I am your conscience on this trip, then we are both in big trouble! 

Poverty Pete

• Total Posts: 2266
                          Re:GLEE CLUB MEETING-- All Invited Mon, 02/4/13 8:26 AM (permalink)
                          CajunKing

All you stuck in the cold and snowy north land

COME ON DOWN the water is warm or at least the weather in Nashville is 30+ degrees warmer than when I left home this morning.

Don, are you in Nashville now?   I'm going to Ed Rice's today  to purchase a country ham.  If you can get away, come with me.  It's a very interesting store.  Bring your camera, it's a great photo op.

CajunKing

• Roadfood Insider
                            Re:GLEE CLUB MEETING-- All Invited Mon, 02/4/13 6:06 PM (permalink)
                            I am in Nashville now, but today was alot of pre op appts and tomorrow at 7:30am is surgery, but thanks for the offer and in the coming days I will hit you up and maybe get together to share an adventure

buffetbuster

Re:GLEE CLUB MEETING-- All Invited Mon, 02/4/13 6:13 PM (permalink)
                              Hey Al, I haven't seen any mention of it one way or another.  Can I assume we are not doing any kind of gift exchange this year?

Poverty Pete

Re:GLEE CLUB MEETING-- All Invited Mon, 02/4/13 6:47 PM (permalink)
                                BB, you are NOT getting my country ham!

It's a beautiful ham.  I had it sliced into 28 steaks, plus six chunks of hock.  I'll use those for pea soup, and pinto bean flavoring.

wanderingjew

• Roadfood Insider
                                  Re:GLEE CLUB MEETING-- All Invited Mon, 02/4/13 6:50 PM (permalink)
                                  buffetbuster

Hey Al, I haven't seen any mention of it one way or another.  Can I assume we are not doing any kind of gift exchange this year?

I'm still waiting for that Dixie Crossroads t shirt that TTM was supposed to bring to Charleston 3 years ago....That does it! I'm not bringing the Cougar that I promised him 

buffetbuster

Re:GLEE CLUB MEETING-- All Invited Mon, 02/4/13 6:53 PM (permalink)
                                    PP-
                                    You are on to me!  Am I really that transparent?

mayor al

• Location: Louisville area, Southern Indiana
                                      • Roadfood Insider
                                      Re:GLEE CLUB MEETING-- All Invited Mon, 02/4/13 8:17 PM (permalink)
                                      BB
                                      I think the gift swap kind of fizzled after the Memphis meeting. It takes a lot of time and some folks felt left out, etc...So let's not try to cover that one this time.
                                      We'll have plenty of conversation after the 'ceremony' at the Brick Pit.

Michael Hoffman

• Total Posts: 17851
                                        Re:GLEE CLUB MEETING-- All Invited Mon, 02/4/13 8:29 PM (permalink)
                                        Ceremony? Ceremony? Perhaps I should re-think my attendance.

buffetbuster

Re:GLEE CLUB MEETING-- All Invited Mon, 02/4/13 8:33 PM (permalink)
                                          Thanks Al.  Just wanted to make sure.

EdSails

• Total Posts: 3592
                                            Re:GLEE CLUB MEETING-- All Invited Mon, 02/4/13 9:32 PM (permalink)
                                            Wait a minute?Formal ceremony? Do I have to wear a Hawaiian Shirt tux?

Poverty Pete

Re:GLEE CLUB MEETING-- All Invited Mon, 02/4/13 9:44 PM (permalink)
                                              Yes, Ed.  Yes, you do!

Michael Hoffman

Re:GLEE CLUB MEETING-- All Invited Mon, 02/4/13 11:19 PM (permalink)
                                                I second that.

mayor al

• Location: Louisville area, Southern Indiana
                                                  • Roadfood Insider
                                                  Re:GLEE CLUB MEETING-- All Invited Tue, 02/5/13 4:03 AM (permalink)
                                                  Ed,
                                                    Thats a bit 'unformal', I would hope you would consider matching flip-flops to go with that outfit??? Trousers are optional.

CajunKing

• Location: Live at Saint Clair
                                                    • Roadfood Insider
                                                    Re:GLEE CLUB MEETING-- All Invited Tue, 02/5/13 6:01 PM (permalink)
                                                    Mayor
                                                    I was in publix today and saw somethng on the shelf and thought of you!
                                                    Cheerwine (I bought the diet version)

MH
                                                    After dad was into surgery I headed out to find Breakfast, and nothing sounded good until I saw the yellow and black and my car guided itself right into the parking lot.
                                                    All American over easy with sausage, cheese grits, large hashbrown, smothered, covered, chunked,pepered, capped and I should have gotten them country, but I forgot I was so excited about them having chocolate chip waffles.

I think dinner is going to be at sunset restaurant and their yummy nana puddin

To the rest of you, it ONLY made it to 58 today and Sunny, I will try and get you some warmer weather for President's Day Weekend.

buffetbuster

Re:GLEE CLUB MEETING-- All Invited Tue, 02/5/13 6:11 PM (permalink)
                                                      Checked the weather for Mobile and it is supposed to be in the low 70s all week.  That will work for me and let's hope that is what we have next week.  After all the snow and cold weather up here lately, anything above 55 in Mobile will be shorts weather.

wanderingjew

• Location: East Greenwich/ Warwick, RI
                                                        • Roadfood Insider
                                                        Re:GLEE CLUB MEETING-- All Invited Tue, 02/5/13 6:20 PM (permalink)
                                                        buffetbuster

Checked the weather for Mobile and it is supposed to be in the low 70s all week.  That will work for me and let's hope that is what we have next week.  After all the snow and cold weather up here lately, anything above 55 in Mobile will be shorts weather.

Just remember, I bring cold snaps and snow to the south....and based on the long term forecast it looks like we're heading into a cold snap.

buffetbuster

Re:GLEE CLUB MEETING-- All Invited Tue, 02/5/13 6:43 PM (permalink)
                                                          WJ-
                                                          That's easily resolved.  Send Sandra on to Mobile, while you stay in Charlotte!

Michael Hoffman

• Location: Gahanna, OH
                                                            Re:GLEE CLUB MEETING-- All Invited Tue, 02/5/13 6:51 PM (permalink)
                                                            CK:

A good breakfast.

Online Bookmarks Sharing: Share/Bookmark
                                                              Change Page: << < ..11121314151617181920.. > >> | Showing page 12 of 22, messages 331 to 360 of 644

Jump to:

Current active users

There are 0 members and 2 guests.

Icon Legend and Permission

• New Messages
                                                              • No New Messages
                                                              • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
                                                              • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
                                                              • Locked w/ New Messages
                                                              • Locked w/o New Messages
                                                              • Read Message
                                                              • Post New Thread
                                                              • Reply to message
                                                              • Post New Poll
                                                              • Submit Vote
                                                              • Post reward post
                                                              • Delete my own posts
                                                              • Delete my own threads
                                                              • Rate post

2000-2014 ASPPlayground.NET Forum Version 3.9
                                                              What is Roadfood?  |   Privacy Policy  |   Contact Roadfood.com   Copyright 2011 - Roadfood.com