The most memorable local eateries along the highways and back roads of America
Sign In | Register for Free!
Restaurants Recipes Forums EatingTours Merchandise FAQ Maps Insider

GLEE CLUB MEETING-- All Invited

Change Page: << < ..11121314151617181920.. > >> | Showing page 13 of 22, messages 361 to 390 of 644
wanderingjew

• Total Posts: 7379
  • Roadfood Insider
Re:GLEE CLUB MEETING-- All Invited Tue, 02/5/13 7:15 PM (permalink)
buffetbuster

I couldn't leave her alone like that, I wouldn't want her to be a bad influence on Chi Town Diner. 

MikeS.

• Total Posts: 5357
    • Roadfood Insider
    Re:GLEE CLUB MEETING-- All Invited Wed, 02/6/13 11:43 PM (permalink)
    Hey don't forget me! I'll be in Nashville until Tuesday or Wednesday. I'd like to meet up with Don as well.

Sundancer7

Re:GLEE CLUB MEETING-- All Invited Fri, 02/8/13 6:23 AM (permalink)
      Things are looking a bit iffy for Roz and Paul.  Since a trip to Orlando 11 days ago, I have been in and out of the hospital and emergency room and numerous trips to the MD.  The issue will not resolve itself.  I did the deal on Priceline and I am obligated for the price of the room.

Roz and I both had anticipated this trip as it included several places that appeal to the both of us.  Perhaps this mornings trip to the MD will ascertain the trip one way or the other??

Paul E. Smith
      Knoxville, TN

buffetbuster

Re:GLEE CLUB MEETING-- All Invited Fri, 02/8/13 7:42 AM (permalink)
        Paul, that is awful that you are going through this.  If the two of you decide not to make it down to Mobile, you will be missed terribly, but everyone will understand.  You have to take care of yourself and your health first.  Here is hoping that you feel much better ASAP!   

ann peeples

• Total Posts: 8317
          Re:GLEE CLUB MEETING-- All Invited Fri, 02/8/13 7:43 AM (permalink)
          Ditto what BB said......

wanderingjew

• Roadfood Insider
            Re:GLEE CLUB MEETING-- All Invited Fri, 02/8/13 8:46 AM (permalink)
            Paul,

I'll be disappointed if you and Roz  can't make it, but I understand and know that health comes first- your priority is to get better

Hope you have a quick recovery

mayor al

• Total Posts: 15058
              • Roadfood Insider
              Re:GLEE CLUB MEETING-- All Invited Fri, 02/8/13 10:51 AM (permalink)
              Hang in there my friend. Your health is top priority. We hope you'll be in Mobile, but understand if your system is still giving you difficulty.  That happened to me a couple of yers ago for the Charleston meeting.  if you recall.
               Best wishes and hope to see you soon.

GROUP.   I finally received an acknowledgement from Wintzells today. This is a very busy time for them, but they will have calmed down a bit in the Post-Holiday weekend, so we are set for Friday at the downtown store at 5 PM
              AL
              "Mr. Bowen,
              I am in receipt of your email. I am not sure why it has taken so long to reach me and I do apologize.
              I have your group on our calendar and I have sent an email to the store manager, so they also know of your upcoming reservation.
              We look forward to hosting you again.
              Thanks,
              Janet Omainsky

buffetbuster

Re:GLEE CLUB MEETING-- All Invited Fri, 02/8/13 11:03 AM (permalink)
                As always Al, thanks so much for taking care of the reservations and the planning.   When we ate at The Brick Pit in the 2008 Glee Club, they really took care of us.  If I remember Mr. Armbrecht even sat in and joined us for a spell.

mayor al

• Roadfood Insider
                  Re:GLEE CLUB MEETING-- All Invited Fri, 02/8/13 11:48 AM (permalink)
                  Bill will probably join us at the start of the evening, Cliff. I invited him in our last phone conversation. He has us on his schedule !!
                  One of the reasons I like Mobile as much as I do, in addition to the food, is the welcome we enjoy at these great Roadfood institutions.

lleechef

• Total Posts: 6205
                    Re:GLEE CLUB MEETING-- All Invited Fri, 02/8/13 12:47 PM (permalink)
                    Paul,
                    Hurry up and get better!!!!!!

EdSails

• Total Posts: 3546
                      Re:GLEE CLUB MEETING-- All Invited Fri, 02/8/13 3:36 PM (permalink)
                      Paul,
                      over the years I have counted you as a good friend. Even though I was looking forward to finally meeting you in person, your health comes first. You have my prayers that things will resolve themselves and you will be able to join us. If not, you know everyone will be thinking of you. 

Ed

ChiTownDiner

Re:GLEE CLUB MEETING-- All Invited Sat, 02/9/13 8:59 AM (permalink)
                        Paul and Roz
                        Hoping you both will be able to join us and that Paul is on the road torecovery.
                        CTD

wanderingjew

• Roadfood Insider
                          Re:GLEE CLUB MEETING-- All Invited Sat, 02/9/13 9:22 AM (permalink)
                          Al

Thanks for coordinating everything !

ann peeples

Re:GLEE CLUB MEETING-- All Invited Sat, 02/9/13 7:36 PM (permalink)
                            Dale-worried about the weather in your area........Glad to see you online.

MikeS.

• Total Posts: 5357
                              • Roadfood Insider
                              Re:GLEE CLUB MEETING-- All Invited Sat, 02/9/13 11:19 PM (permalink)
                              Paul, should I stop by and pick-up Roz on my way to Nashville? Sine you already paid for her room and all... My Cousin Johnnie has a couple spare bedrooms she can use while I visit with them. :)

Feel better real soon!

mayor al

• Roadfood Insider
                                Re:GLEE CLUB MEETING-- All Invited Sun, 02/10/13 8:05 AM (permalink)
                                Looks like we may get a few showers part of the weekend in Mobile. BUT NO SNOW !!
                                Will you all keep us informed of any changes in your travel plans.
                                I hope the weather issues are all solved by then for you guys in the Northeast.
                                We Hope Paul hs recovered enough to join us, If not I will mail him an oyster or two...after a couple of days in the mail, they should really 'help' him !!!  Seriously, Paul, we hope you are feeling better.
                                Wintzells downtown at 5 PM Friday will be the first official get-together, During that session we can organize the Saturday daytime activities...and Bill sends his greetings and is looking forward to seeing us Saturday evening at the Brick Pit BBQ.

We are really excited about this meeting. It has been a difficult year for many roadfooders, and this recreation will provide welcome relief !!  See you all soon.  Stay in touch here.

will_work_4_bbq

• Total Posts: 398
                                  Re:GLEE CLUB MEETING-- All Invited Sun, 02/10/13 9:22 AM (permalink)
                                  Yes, only a slight chance of showers.  A little chilly though.  Days in the high 50s to low 60s, and evenings in the 30s.  We are getting most of the rain out of the way early in the week - like today!

wanderingjew

• Roadfood Insider
                                    Re:GLEE CLUB MEETING-- All Invited Sun, 02/10/13 9:43 AM (permalink)
                                    ann

Rhode Island got off very easy compared to the surrounding states. 17 inches "officially" at the airport, but most of the state got 18-24 inches....Connecticut and Maine got slammed with as much as 3 feet of of snow. Alot of people without power, luckily I didn't lose mine.

I just left my condo for the first time since the storm and went to Jigger's Diner for breakfast (2 Jonnycakes and Pit Ham)  and then next door to Main Street Coffee for my two large french roasts....it's only 1/2 mile down the road and I can truly say they did not do a very good job with plowing the road.....

First weekend that Sandra and I didn't spend together since Labor Day (my last big trip) 

As of now- flying weather for Wednesday out of TF Green is partly cloudy and 40 degrees

Everyone Else...

Any thoughts about breakfast on Sunday before most of us depart?  I checked Yelp for suggestions, and have some ideas I can post if interested, or we can wait and check with the locals, perhaps Bill at the Brick Pit can be the point of contact for suggestions?

<message edited by wanderingjew on Sun, 02/10/13 9:45 AM>

mhill95

• Total Posts: 189
                                      Re:GLEE CLUB MEETING-- All Invited Sun, 02/10/13 11:34 AM (permalink)
                                      There's a place downtown on Dauphine Street... "A Spot of Tea"
                                      I've been by there for a good lunch. They do a Sunday
                                      Breakfast/Brunch. It's not a classic " Tea Room" they can seat
                                      groups.
                                      mike
                                      <message edited by mhill95 on Sun, 02/10/13 12:13 PM>

lleechef

• Total Posts: 6205
                                        Re:GLEE CLUB MEETING-- All Invited Sun, 02/10/13 12:00 PM (permalink)
                                        wj
                                        Glad you made it through the storm!
                                        I guess one of the most important considerations about Sunday breakfast is finding a place that can accomodate all of us.

cloudtwo

• Total Posts: 2
                                          Re:GLEE CLUB MEETING-- All Invited Sun, 02/10/13 12:01 PM (permalink)
                                          Mayor Al...all....looking forward to meeting "you'all" this coming weekend....will be attending with my great friend "edsails"....I would like to suggest that we could consider a place for breakfast any morning, possibly on the way to Pensacola on saturday. It is called The Biscuit King, and definitely has the local flavor of the south, both in regards to good food and local flavor and good service as well as very reasonable prices. It is located just outside the downtown area of Fairhope but still on a main road.....Sterling

ann peeples

Re:GLEE CLUB MEETING-- All Invited Sun, 02/10/13 12:02 PM (permalink)
                                            Glad to hear you and Sandra are safe......although apart ...see you two soon!

mayor al

• Location: Louisville area, Southern Indiana
                                              • Roadfood Insider
                                              Re:GLEE CLUB MEETING-- All Invited Sun, 02/10/13 12:32 PM (permalink)
                                              We will be picking Annie up in Louisville and bringing her with us to her first-ever Glee Club session.
                                                It looks to be a real good time for all.

EdSails

Re:GLEE CLUB MEETING-- All Invited Sun, 02/10/13 3:04 PM (permalink)
                                                Good idea, Sterling. Biscuit King is definitely  that old south flavor. Might be the place for Sunday breakfast since they have LONG community type dining tables.

mayor al

• Location: Louisville area, Southern Indiana
                                                  • Roadfood Insider
                                                  Re:GLEE CLUB MEETING-- All Invited Sun, 02/10/13 3:30 PM (permalink)
                                                  Both Breakfast suggestions sound good...We can settle on one or  both at the Friday evening session at Wintzell's....so Long as everyone agrees to accept "talking with a mouthful of Oysters" as "couth"... 

wanderingjew

• Location: East Greenwich/ Warwick, RI
                                                    • Roadfood Insider
                                                    Re:GLEE CLUB MEETING-- All Invited Sun, 02/10/13 4:03 PM (permalink)
                                                    mayor al

Both Breakfast suggestions sound good...We can settle on one or  both at the Friday evening session at Wintzell's....so Long as everyone agrees to accept "talking with a mouthful of Oysters" as "couth"... 

I know some of us are doing the roadfood reviewed and recommended Coffee Cup in Pensacola on Saturday. Biscuit King may not be a good idea for those of us who are leaving early or heading in different directions on Sunday.

will_work_4_bbq

• Total Posts: 398
                                                      • Location: Birmingham, AL
                                                      Re:GLEE CLUB MEETING-- All Invited Sun, 02/10/13 4:52 PM (permalink)
                                                      Both Sunday breakfast suggestions sound good.  I have a question about people's plans for other places in Mobile.  I gotta have my Dew Drop Inn hot dog, and they close at 3pm on Saturday.   Think there will be time to get back after doing The Coffee Cup and PegLeg's in Pensacola?  Or should I get my Dew Drop fix on Friday afternoon just to be safe?  Anyone else have a Dew Drop craving?

Poverty Pete

• Total Posts: 2266
                                                        • Location: Nashville, TN
                                                        Re:GLEE CLUB MEETING-- All Invited Sun, 02/10/13 5:06 PM (permalink)
                                                        I'll go with you on Saturday.  I don't expect to be in Mobile early enough on Friday to go then.

EdSails

• Location: Mission Viejo, CA
                                                          Re:GLEE CLUB MEETING-- All Invited Sun, 02/10/13 5:21 PM (permalink)
                                                          I think talking with a mouthful of oysters is an excellent way to lengthen the time of enjoyment of the flavor profile.

mayor al

EdSails

• Location: Mission Viejo, CA
                                                            Re:GLEE CLUB MEETING-- All Invited Sun, 02/10/13 5:21 PM (permalink)
                                                            I think talking with a mouthful of oysters is an excellent way to lengthen the time of enjoyment of the flavor profile.

mayor al

Online Bookmarks Sharing: Share/Bookmark
                                                              Change Page: << < ..11121314151617181920.. > >> | Showing page 13 of 22, messages 361 to 390 of 644

Jump to:

Current active users

There are 0 members and 2 guests.

Icon Legend and Permission

• New Messages
                                                              • No New Messages
                                                              • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
                                                              • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
                                                              • Locked w/ New Messages
                                                              • Locked w/o New Messages
                                                              • Read Message
                                                              • Post New Thread
                                                              • Reply to message
                                                              • Post New Poll
                                                              • Submit Vote
                                                              • Post reward post
                                                              • Delete my own posts
                                                              • Delete my own threads
                                                              • Rate post

2000-2014 ASPPlayground.NET Forum Version 3.9
                                                              What is Roadfood?  |   Privacy Policy  |   Contact Roadfood.com   Copyright 2011 - Roadfood.com