The most memorable local eateries along the highways and back roads of America
Sign In | Register for Free!
Restaurants Recipes Forums EatingTours Merchandise FAQ Maps Insider

GLEE CLUB MEETING-- All Invited

Change Page: << < ..11121314151617181920.. > >> | Showing page 18 of 22, messages 511 to 540 of 644
will_work_4_bbq

• Total Posts: 400
Re:GLEE CLUB MEETING-- All Invited Thu, 02/14/13 10:14 PM (permalink)
"I've never seen traffic so horrendous during rush hour as I saw in Birmingham. I'm not sure why."
You are very lucky if it's not horrible!  Rush hours here are the worst, and Miss Myra's is off Hwy 280 which is the worst of the worst.
Good that you had a wonderful meal after fighting the traffic.  Glad to hear all are safe and sound so far!
And 'Nanner Pudding!!!  Woohoo!

lleechef

• Total Posts: 6246
    Re:GLEE CLUB MEETING-- All Invited Thu, 02/14/13 11:43 PM (permalink)
    Traffic?  You folks call that traffic?  No......it was something out of some sicko Quentin Tarentino movie.  Not only did the traffic prohibit us from meeting Dale and Sandra at Miss Myra's, we nearly ran out of gas.  At one point, it took us ONE HOUR to go 5 miles.  I have lived in Boston, Paris, been through LA, NY and many other major cities, I never, EVER saw traffic like Bham.  We ended up eating a mediocre steak (could've stayed at home and had better) in Alabama.  Looking forward to Mobile tomorrow!!!!!!!     

CajunKing

• Total Posts: 6317
      • Roadfood Insider
      Re:GLEE CLUB MEETING-- All Invited Fri, 02/15/13 1:16 AM (permalink)
      Bham does have some of the WORST traffic in America, you would think they would figure something out, but for the last 13 years I know it has been.... Well this is a "G" rated site.

Have fun!

will_work_4_bbq

Re:GLEE CLUB MEETING-- All Invited Fri, 02/15/13 6:27 AM (permalink)
        lleechef

Traffic?  You folks call that traffic?  No......it was something out of some sicko Quentin Tarentino movie.  Not only did the traffic prohibit us from meeting Dale and Sandra at Miss Myra's, we nearly ran out of gas.  At one point, it took us ONE HOUR to go 5 miles.  I have lived in Boston, Paris, been through LA, NY and many other major cities, I never, EVER saw traffic like Bham.  We ended up eating a mediocre steak (could've stayed at home and had better) in Alabama.  Looking forward to Mobile tomorrow!!!!!!!     

I am so sorry your Birmingham stay was Tarentino-esque!  

EdSails

• Total Posts: 3588
          Re:GLEE CLUB MEETING-- All Invited Fri, 02/15/13 9:51 AM (permalink)
          Weather was gorgeoues thursday, if it warms up a touch it's gonna be an awesome time for us all. Scouting trip to Joe Patti's in Pensacola, amazing place! Drinks at the Gulf, a place on the beach made out of shipping containers. 

ChiTownDiner

Re:GLEE CLUB MEETING-- All Invited Fri, 02/15/13 10:28 AM (permalink)
            Giddy up....breakfast at Foley's Coffee House where we tried the red and sausage gravies with biscuits, a few omelets, pancakes and a grilled German Sausage....great start. Now, having Hot Fudge Sundae milkshake with rasberries added in and extra everything. WOW
            <message edited by ChiTownDiner on Fri, 02/15/13 5:05 PM>

EdSails

Re:GLEE CLUB MEETING-- All Invited Fri, 02/15/13 12:35 PM (permalink)
              Weather was gorgeous Thursday, if it warms up a touch it's gonna be an awesome time for us all. Scouting trip to Joe Patti's in Pensacola, amazing place!

Drinks at the Gulf, a place on the beach made out of shipping containers. 

Cocktails on the beach at the Gulf while watching the sailboats.

Later, a Gulf sunset. If the weather stays the way it has been, its going to be a great glee club weekend!

Off in a few hours to meet will_work_for_bbq at the Dew drop in for a hot dog and then on to meet everyone at Wintzell's. This is gonna be fun!
              <message edited by EdSails on Sun, 02/17/13 12:28 AM>

CajunKing

• Roadfood Insider
                Re:GLEE CLUB MEETING-- All Invited Fri, 02/15/13 2:56 PM (permalink)
                YOU SUCK ED!!!  

I do miss the white sands of the forgotten coast and those sunsets as they disappear of the water.

MikeS.

• Total Posts: 5360
                  • Roadfood Insider
                  Re:GLEE CLUB MEETING-- All Invited Fri, 02/15/13 10:04 PM (permalink)
                  Ohhhh My GOD I ate the whole thing....

More tomorrow after I recover.

ChiTownDiner

Re:GLEE CLUB MEETING-- All Invited Fri, 02/15/13 10:44 PM (permalink)
                    Nice evening everyone!  the pyster sampler was fantastic - 4 unique presentations with four of each = my favorite meal of the day!

lleechef

Re:GLEE CLUB MEETING-- All Invited Sat, 02/16/13 12:40 AM (permalink)
                      A wonderful evening was had by all but we really missed sundancer, Bushie and pogophiles.  Tomorrow night it's the Brick Pit and the Annual Roadfood Awards Ceremony.  Stay tuned to get the inside scoop on the winners...............     

will_work_4_bbq

Re:GLEE CLUB MEETING-- All Invited Sat, 02/16/13 4:30 PM (permalink)
                        Everything has been great!  The fine company.....Dew Drop dogs and onion rings.....the amazing oysters - raw and baked.....fine beer....maybe mybest breakfast ever....Burris Market treats and satsumas.....shrimp plus crab soup!  Lots of laughs and good eats.  Miss you, Bushie, Susan, Paul, and Lori and others who couldnt make it.  Cannot wait for the Brick Pit!

MikeS.

• Roadfood Insider
                          Re:GLEE CLUB MEETING-- All Invited Sat, 02/16/13 10:26 PM (permalink)
                          Brick Pit some really great BBQ and a fantastic proprietor in Bill. Had a great a meal and wore a Hawaiian shirt for the 1st time in my life.

Getting ready for bed now. I'm gonna miss the comradire of my fellow Roadfooders until next year. PovertyPete and I are going to meet up at 0800 to start the trip back to Nashville.

lleechef

Re:GLEE CLUB MEETING-- All Invited Sat, 02/16/13 10:44 PM (permalink)
                            The Brick Pit had the best ribs I have ever eaten.  The Roadfood Awards Ceremony went like this:  A can of Boyardee ravioli went to Michael Hoffman.  No surprise there, as the rest of us wouldn't touch the stuff and now it's out of MY kitchen!  The OINKER aka Pig-Out-Award went to the one, the only buffetbuster for having eaten more BBQ, hamburgers, fried chicken, hot dogs, and of course pie and told us all about it in his great threads.  Lastly, Al the Mayor was awarded the Patience of Job award for putting up with all of us day after day, year after year.  Again, a wonderful time was had by all!

EdSails

Re:GLEE CLUB MEETING-- All Invited Sun, 02/17/13 12:29 AM (permalink)
                              Beats me why the pics did that.....ideas any one?
                              CajunKing

YOU SUCK ED!!!  

I do miss the white sands of the forgotten coast and those sunsets as they disappear of the water.

CajunKing

• Roadfood Insider
                                Re:GLEE CLUB MEETING-- All Invited Sun, 02/17/13 12:55 AM (permalink)
                                Ed
                                Your pictures made me cry, those soft white sands, those poor rock shrimp that gave their lives for your happiness.  I weep for their loss... and your gain!

EdSails

Re:GLEE CLUB MEETING-- All Invited Sun, 02/17/13 11:37 AM (permalink)
                                  Wait till you hear how many poor, defenseless oysters met an untimely demise on Friday evening!

(mea culpa, mea culpa)

Art Deco

• Total Posts: 889
                                    Re:GLEE CLUB MEETING-- All Invited Sun, 02/17/13 1:52 PM (permalink)
                                    lleechef

A wonderful evening was had by all but we really missed sundancer, Bushie and pogophiles

FWIW, I'm really missing being there, but it couldn't be helped.  Glad y'all are having a good time anyway!!

Sundancer7

Re:GLEE CLUB MEETING-- All Invited Sun, 02/17/13 1:56 PM (permalink)
                                      Roadfooders:  You will never ever know how much Roz and I missed the group and the wonderful food in Mobile.

Paul E. Smith
                                      Knoxville, TN

ChiTownDiner

Re:GLEE CLUB MEETING-- All Invited Sun, 02/17/13 3:52 PM (permalink)
                                        Three of us just checked in at the airport which leaves Ralph and Steve as the last two men standing!  We got one more visit to Wintzell's in along with a few breakfast stops.  Great seeing everyone and enjoying the food and fellowship!  Congratulations to all of our award winners...Michael, Cliff and Mayor Al and a shout out to Dale for his trip reports also!
                                        Looking forward to the food discussions in the upcoming days!

ChrisOC

• Total Posts: 901
                                          Re:GLEE CLUB MEETING-- All Invited Sun, 02/17/13 4:58 PM (permalink)
                                          Looking forward to lots of pictures for those of us who participated vicariously

will_work_4_bbq

Re:GLEE CLUB MEETING-- All Invited Sun, 02/17/13 8:05 PM (permalink)
                                            I'm sorry so many of you missed the Post Glee Club mini-meeting at the Rest Area just north of Evergreen, AL.  Imagine my delight to see Mayor Al and Janet, Ann, Mike S, and Poverty Pete there.  We hadn't seen each other - or eaten - in almost two hours!  The snack machines were divine....    But not as divine as a second visit to Wintzell's!

EdSails

Re:GLEE CLUB MEETING-- All Invited Sun, 02/17/13 9:01 PM (permalink)
                                              I am still here in AL for a few more days, so I guess I qualify as "last man standing". Sterling and I went to Buck's Diner for fried catfish
                                              and fried green tomatoes. And then to an outdoor show at a place called the Frog Pond at Blue Moon farmT
                                              Included in the show ticket was a southern buffet with pulled pork, ham, mac and cheese, beans and about 10 other dishes and desserts. The music was really good, all originals except for a good version of the Band's "The Weight".

Tomorrow------I think I may go to Wintzell's for happy hour again. I love it here!
                                              ChiTownDiner

Three of us just checked in at the airport which leaves Ralph and Steve as the last two men standing!  We got one more visit to Wintzell's in along with a few breakfast stops.  Great seeing everyone and enjoying the food and fellowship!  Congratulations to all of our award winners...Michael, Cliff and Mayor Al and a shout out to Dale for his trip reports also!
                                              Looking forward to the food discussions in the upcoming days!

<message edited by EdSails on Sun, 02/17/13 9:06 PM>

will_work_4_bbq

Re:GLEE CLUB MEETING-- All Invited Sun, 02/17/13 9:18 PM (permalink)
                                                Go for it, Ed!

mayor al

• Total Posts: 15066
                                                  • Location: Louisville area, Southern Indiana
                                                  • Roadfood Insider
                                                  Re:GLEE CLUB MEETING-- All Invited Sun, 02/17/13 9:19 PM (permalink)
                                                  Sunday Night- Arrived Home after 12 hour drive, exhausted but full of great memories and excellent Gulf Shore Seafood and BBQ.
                                                  Full story tomorrow  but here are the participants.
                                                  Thanks to all for a Great weekend.
                                                  AL and Janet

EdSails

• Location: Mission Viejo, CA
                                                    Re:GLEE CLUB MEETING-- All Invited Mon, 02/18/13 10:30 AM (permalink)
                                                    Great picture!

MikeS.

• Location: FarEasternPanhandle, WV
                                                      • Roadfood Insider
                                                      Re:GLEE CLUB MEETING-- All Invited Tue, 02/19/13 3:20 AM (permalink)
                                                      Huummm the Mayor and I could very well be long lost brothers. That's me on his right.
                                                      <message edited by MikeS. on Tue, 02/19/13 3:21 AM>

will_work_4_bbq

• Location: Birmingham, AL
                                                        Re:GLEE CLUB MEETING-- All Invited Tue, 02/19/13 7:00 AM (permalink)
                                                        What a fine looking bunch of people!  But where are the piles of rib bones that we had just gnawed clean?  It was a fabulous night and an outstanding weekend!  Enjoyed every minute with all of you!

ann peeples

• Total Posts: 8317
                                                          • Location: West Allis, Wisconsin
                                                          Re:GLEE CLUB MEETING-- All Invited Wed, 02/20/13 8:35 AM (permalink)
                                                          On the left, my friend! Oops, left in the pic but certainly on Al's right!
                                                          <message edited by ann peeples on Thu, 02/21/13 11:31 AM>

wanderingjew

• Total Posts: 7399
                                                            • Location: East Greenwich/ Warwick, RI
                                                            • Roadfood Insider
                                                            Re:GLEE CLUB MEETING-- All Invited Wed, 02/20/13 8:42 PM (permalink)
                                                            Sandra and I just flew back home this evening. Sandra probably just arrived home in Connecticut by now.

We had a great time. Sandra really enjoyed meeting the Roadfood folk that she hadn't met previously and  also enjoyed seeing the ones who she met previously.

We  drove back to Charlotte NC from Mobile and went to the Hank Williams Museum in Montgomery AL as well as the Martin Luther King Memorial in Atlanta.  We made it back to Charlotte late monday afternoon and met up with my friend Julianne and her husband Scott later that evening and also met up with my cousin Lisa and her husband Phil for dinner yesterday.

Unfortunately I won't be doing a formal trip report but will be adding a few photos for some new restaurants that we visited ...

Its back to work and reality tomorrow.

Online Bookmarks Sharing: Share/Bookmark
                                                              Change Page: << < ..11121314151617181920.. > >> | Showing page 18 of 22, messages 511 to 540 of 644

Jump to:

Current active users

There are 0 members and 3 guests.

Icon Legend and Permission

• New Messages
                                                              • No New Messages
                                                              • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
                                                              • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
                                                              • Locked w/ New Messages
                                                              • Locked w/o New Messages
                                                              • Read Message
                                                              • Post New Thread
                                                              • Reply to message
                                                              • Post New Poll
                                                              • Submit Vote
                                                              • Post reward post
                                                              • Delete my own posts
                                                              • Delete my own threads
                                                              • Rate post

2000-2014 ASPPlayground.NET Forum Version 3.9
                                                              What is Roadfood?  |   Privacy Policy  |   Contact Roadfood.com   Copyright 2011 - Roadfood.com