The most memorable local eateries along the highways and back roads of America
Sign In | Register for Free!
Restaurants Recipes Forums EatingTours Merchandise FAQ Maps Insider

GLEE CLUB MEETING-- All Invited

Change Page: << < ..11121314151617181920.. > >> | Showing page 20 of 22, messages 571 to 600 of 644
EdSails

• Total Posts: 3591
Re:GLEE CLUB MEETING-- All Invited Thu, 03/14/13 10:35 PM (permalink)
I think it's a boudinific idea!

mayor al

• Total Posts: 15073
    • Roadfood Insider
    Re:GLEE CLUB MEETING-- All Invited Fri, 03/15/13 3:55 AM (permalink)
    Don,
    Thanks for the suggestion.  We have considered New Orleans a couple of times in the past, but since the BIG Annual Roadfood Festival is held there each April or May, we figured it was a bit redundent to do our smaller session there also.
      At this years session it was suggested that we aim for Jacksonville, FL next year, and the group reached concensus to make that our goal, with a possible side trip  up to Savannah for those who want to move around a bit over the weekend.

CajunKing

• Total Posts: 6317
      • Roadfood Insider
      Re:GLEE CLUB MEETING-- All Invited Fri, 03/15/13 5:47 PM (permalink)
      JAX is a great area too, you can head north and hit Savannah or south along FL's first coast.

Lots of good eating either direction.

MikeS.

• Total Posts: 5360
        • Roadfood Insider
        Re:GLEE CLUB MEETING-- All Invited Tue, 06/11/13 4:59 PM (permalink)
        Jaxs sounds great to me, I can't wait.

ann peeples

• Total Posts: 8317
          Re:GLEE CLUB MEETING-- All Invited Tue, 06/11/13 7:33 PM (permalink)
          I love the idea- a great friend of mine lives there, and she would be glad to join us!And show or tell great places to eat....

Michael Hoffman

• Total Posts: 17851
            Re:GLEE CLUB MEETING-- All Invited Thu, 09/12/13 8:14 PM (permalink)
            I know I don't have a say in where the Glee Club meets, but I was thinking that St. Louis would be a good place for the gathering come February. It's central, easy to get to by car and plane, and there's good food (I'll not say anything about that toasted ravioli stuff). It's just a suggestion I thought I'd toss around as we are getting closer to the end of the year.

wanderingjew

• Total Posts: 7408
              • Roadfood Insider
              Re:GLEE CLUB MEETING-- All Invited Thu, 09/12/13 8:33 PM (permalink)
              MH

It's my understanding we've already decided on Northern Florida (Jacksonville, St Augustine) 

Although I love St Louis, the tendency is that we pick places "down south" to ensure what we would expect to be some decent weather (although Nashville and Charleston SC certainly fooled us) although chances are greater in St Louis to run into a midwestern blizzard. 

Michael Hoffman

Re:GLEE CLUB MEETING-- All Invited Thu, 09/12/13 8:44 PM (permalink)
                I didn't realize a site had been chosen.

Sundancer7

Re:GLEE CLUB MEETING-- All Invited Fri, 09/13/13 7:42 PM (permalink)
                  I was not aware that it had been decided although I am OK with what has been posted.  Charleston SC would have worked also.

Paul E. Smith
                  Knoxville, TN

Michael Hoffman

Re:GLEE CLUB MEETING-- All Invited Fri, 09/13/13 7:53 PM (permalink)
                    I'd really have liked Baltimore. Crabcakes, crabcakes and more crabcakes, as well as pit beef  and Attman's http://www.attmansdeli.com/ -- plus it's not far from Chubby's. And the return trip would allow for a stop at the Summit Diner.

lleechef

• Total Posts: 6256
                      Re:GLEE CLUB MEETING-- All Invited Fri, 09/13/13 8:34 PM (permalink)
                      If y'all are afraid of Midwest blizzards, we should go to Anchorage!  It's not the Midwest, there are no blizzards and there's plenty of good roadfood! 

Michael Hoffman

Re:GLEE CLUB MEETING-- All Invited Fri, 09/13/13 8:37 PM (permalink)
                        I'll even get on a plane for that.

CajunKing

• Total Posts: 6317
                          • Roadfood Insider
                          Re:GLEE CLUB MEETING-- All Invited Fri, 09/13/13 8:40 PM (permalink)
                          I will toss my vote for Anc. too.

So I can cross AK off my list, and eat with some of my favorite people

lleechef

Re:GLEE CLUB MEETING-- All Invited Fri, 09/13/13 9:02 PM (permalink)
                            CK
                            Yay!  Thanks for your vote!  A lot of Roadfooders came to Alaska when I was there and I never heard one complaint about the food because it's awesome.......or the scenery......or the moose.......or the attempt of catching halibut (can't guarantee that one) but the boat ride was fun!  And in February we would have perfect viewing of the Northern Lights! 

MikeS.

• Roadfood Insider
                              Re:GLEE CLUB MEETING-- All Invited Wed, 10/30/13 9:13 PM (permalink)
                              AK is too far of a drive for me. The Fla panhandle sounds great to me. I'm really starting to look forward to Presidents' Day.

AnnePeeples, you gonna make it again this year?

icecreamchick

• Total Posts: 99
                                Re:GLEE CLUB MEETING-- All Invited Tue, 11/5/13 3:28 PM (permalink)
                                I'd love to see the Northern Lights. We visited AK in the summertime one year, and loved it...but the only Northern Lights available to see was a slideshow in a theater. 

mayor al

• Total Posts: 15073
                                  • Roadfood Insider
                                  Re:GLEE CLUB MEETING-- All Invited Tue, 11/5/13 4:27 PM (permalink)
                                  The location for the next Glee Club "Concert" remains open, but Jacksonville/Savannah are the leading entries at this time, with St Louis running a rather iffy (weather) second. Savannah has drawn more attention in my research than has JAX, but I am open to feedback regarding either or  both.

Alaska didn't make the cut, I am sorry to say... as fun as it would be budget and other travel related limitations keep it in the "when we win the Lottery" file.

Michael Hoffman

Re:GLEE CLUB MEETING-- All Invited Tue, 11/5/13 4:34 PM (permalink)
                                    St. Louis, and to heck with the weather. Savannah sounds good, but even the Jaguars want out of Jacksonville.
                                    lleechef also votes for Kansas City.
                                    <message edited by Michael Hoffman on Tue, 11/5/13 4:41 PM>

lleechef

Re:GLEE CLUB MEETING-- All Invited Tue, 11/5/13 4:37 PM (permalink)
                                      You're all a bunch of scardy cats.....we could go skiing, snowmachining, snowshoeing and watch the Northern Lights......along with eating great food!
                                      <message edited by lleechef on Tue, 11/5/13 4:41 PM>

wanderingjew

• Total Posts: 7408
                                        • Roadfood Insider
                                        Re:GLEE CLUB MEETING-- All Invited Tue, 11/5/13 4:41 PM (permalink)
                                        I'm still rooting for Jacksonville/St Augustine
                                        Looks like I'll be solo for Glee Club weekend since we have back to back train and Air trips in April and May (To DC and Charlotte)

Sundancer7

Re:GLEE CLUB MEETING-- All Invited Tue, 11/5/13 5:30 PM (permalink)
                                          Savannah would work for Roz and I although Jacksonville is not that much further.  I have spent time in both cities.  Savannah seems to have better food choice in my opinion.

February is not that far off. 

Paul E. Smith
                                          Knoxville, TN

ann peeples

Re:GLEE CLUB MEETING-- All Invited Tue, 11/5/13 7:49 PM (permalink)
                                            I am going to try, Mike!

MikeS.

• Location: FarEasternPanhandle, WV
                                              • Roadfood Insider
                                              Re:GLEE CLUB MEETING-- All Invited Sat, 11/23/13 9:27 AM (permalink)
                                              I'm voting for Jaxs and S and W. there is another thread here about this area.

Savananah is my 2nd choice. I want Warm, darn it.

lleechef

Re:GLEE CLUB MEETING-- All Invited Sat, 11/23/13 10:40 AM (permalink)
                                                I want good Roadfood, darn it.  Going to be hard to beat the two places we went to in Mobile.

Michael Hoffman

Re:GLEE CLUB MEETING-- All Invited Sat, 11/23/13 11:52 AM (permalink)
                                                  If it's between Jacksonville and Savannah, and if I had a vote, I'd vote for Savannah.

will_work_4_bbq

• Total Posts: 401
                                                    Re:GLEE CLUB MEETING-- All Invited Sat, 11/23/13 3:36 PM (permalink)
                                                    I'd be happy with either Savannah or Jacksonville.

Sundancer7

Re:GLEE CLUB MEETING-- All Invited Sat, 11/23/13 3:44 PM (permalink)
                                                      Michael Hoffman

If it's between Jacksonville and Savannah, and if I had a vote, I'd vote for Savannah.

Same here.

Paul E. Smith
                                                      Knoxville, TN

joerogo

• Total Posts: 4468
                                                        • Location: Pittston, PA
                                                        Re:GLEE CLUB MEETING-- All Invited Sat, 11/23/13 4:29 PM (permalink)
                                                        If Savannah, check out this Pittston Boy....Heck, maybe I'll check it out myself!

Michael Hoffman

• Location: Gahanna, OH
                                                          Re:GLEE CLUB MEETING-- All Invited Sat, 11/23/13 6:57 PM (permalink)
                                                          Rogo, if it's Savannah you'd better show up as a member of the Glee Club. If you need help I'll be glad to tell you where you can buy a Hawaiian shirt.

ann peeples

• Location: West Allis, Wisconsin
                                                            Re:GLEE CLUB MEETING-- All Invited Sat, 11/23/13 7:26 PM (permalink)
                                                            Or, he can wear my dress........and I will wear a shirt.

Online Bookmarks Sharing: Share/Bookmark
                                                              Change Page: << < ..11121314151617181920.. > >> | Showing page 20 of 22, messages 571 to 600 of 644

Jump to:

Current active users

There are 0 members and 3 guests.

Icon Legend and Permission

• New Messages
                                                              • No New Messages
                                                              • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
                                                              • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
                                                              • Locked w/ New Messages
                                                              • Locked w/o New Messages
                                                              • Read Message
                                                              • Post New Thread
                                                              • Reply to message
                                                              • Post New Poll
                                                              • Submit Vote
                                                              • Post reward post
                                                              • Delete my own posts
                                                              • Delete my own threads
                                                              • Rate post

2000-2014 ASPPlayground.NET Forum Version 3.9
                                                              What is Roadfood?  |   Privacy Policy  |   Contact Roadfood.com   Copyright 2011 - Roadfood.com