The most memorable local eateries along the highways and back roads of America
Sign In | Register for Free!
Restaurants Recipes Forums EatingTours Merchandise FAQ Maps Insider

GLEE CLUB MEETING-- All Invited

Change Page: < 12345678910.. > >> | Showing page 3 of 22, messages 61 to 90 of 644
mayor al

• Total Posts: 15064
  • Roadfood Insider
Re:GLEE CLUB MEETING-- All Invited Thu, 12/13/12 7:46 PM (permalink)
D R U M L I N E ???? 

I thought you said DRUMSTICKS !
Too Much Turkey over the weekend, again.

will_work_4_bbq

• Total Posts: 400
    Re:GLEE CLUB MEETING-- All Invited Thu, 12/13/12 10:17 PM (permalink)
    Thank you!  I am excited about seeing everyone again, and so pleased the Glee Club will convene so close to me!

mayor al

• Roadfood Insider
      Re:GLEE CLUB MEETING-- All Invited Fri, 12/14/12 3:01 AM (permalink)
      BBQ---
        You're smart enough to live in a great area for RF lovers. It will be fun to talk about the Nashville mtg and share stories with the folks who gather this time.

lleechef

• Total Posts: 6232
        Re:GLEE CLUB MEETING-- All Invited Fri, 12/14/12 10:41 AM (permalink)
        The Curmudgeon and the Chef????
        wj,
        Sandra is indeed very brave.

Ralph Melton

Re:GLEE CLUB MEETING-- All Invited Fri, 12/14/12 1:35 PM (permalink)
          Lori and I will be glad to come.

mayor al

• Roadfood Insider
            Re:GLEE CLUB MEETING-- All Invited Fri, 12/14/12 1:51 PM (permalink)
            Ralph, That's great.  Hopefully we'll have a bit more time for chatting this time ! 

ann peeples

• Total Posts: 8317
              Re:GLEE CLUB MEETING-- All Invited Fri, 12/14/12 7:17 PM (permalink)
              Lord, I feel like I am going to the Oscar's of Roadfood! i dont have a Hawaiin shirt, but boy do i have  Hawaiin dress!

CajunKing

• Total Posts: 6317
                • Roadfood Insider
                Re:GLEE CLUB MEETING-- All Invited Fri, 12/14/12 10:21 PM (permalink)
                Ann
                At the last meeting their were awards given out, And as I recall SOMEONE (NOT NAMING ANY NAMES (coughing CLIFF)) left theirs on the table.    #1 Son and I were going to give him so much grief about it, but we decided to be nice to him for once. 

CajunKing

• Total Posts: 6317
                  • Roadfood Insider
                  Re:GLEE CLUB MEETING-- All Invited Fri, 12/14/12 10:26 PM (permalink)
                  I would love to attend this wonderful event this coming year, but who knows what the next months will bring.

I am also thinking of joining my favorite band for a week in Ireland in June, so I got to do some serious number crunching and hopefully the numbers work.

www.enterthehaggis.com

That trips sounds awesome and the price is really affordable too.

buffetbuster

Re:GLEE CLUB MEETING-- All Invited Fri, 12/14/12 11:13 PM (permalink)
                    So glad to read that I will finally get to meet Ann peeples, plus Lynn and Ralph & Lori are coming also. What a group we will have. Still haven't heard from ChiTownDiner or Chris & Amy.

mayor al

• Roadfood Insider
                      Re:GLEE CLUB MEETING-- All Invited Sat, 12/15/12 5:17 AM (permalink)
                      The best part of the whole event is the 'fellowship' we share while enjoying some great food too. I really like meeting folks who I share "threads' with ,'live and in person'.  It has been 8  years since the first gathering of a small bunch of guys came together to do this, and that was just a couple of weeks after a bunch of the SoCal folks had met on Superbowl Sunday of 2004 In Rancho Cucamonga . Lisa was there, as was Red Patti and ET and Glenn and some others.  It was FUN !
                        I don't get out near as much as I did 8 years ago, but I try very hard to keep this annual reminder of friendship and good food on my agenda.

Sundancer7

Re:GLEE CLUB MEETING-- All Invited Sat, 12/15/12 6:50 PM (permalink)
                        Roz and I are in at the same hotel most of you are staying.  Admiral Semmes I believe.  We had always stayed at the Marriott just three blocks away but we wanted to stay with the rest of the group.

Al, you are correct as the best part of the trip is the fellowship. Next is the food and the next is the evening cocktails with all that wish to attend.

Paul E. Smith
                        Knoxville, TN

Bushie

• Total Posts: 2902
                          Re:GLEE CLUB MEETING-- All Invited Sun, 12/16/12 11:30 AM (permalink)
                          Michael Hoffman

lleechef and I are in. It will be a nice drive, and I've heard there are some places to eat in the area.

Awesome.  I'll be there, but I think I'll bring my own car this time!    Can't wait to see everyone!

will_work_4_bbq

Re:GLEE CLUB MEETING-- All Invited Sun, 12/16/12 11:40 AM (permalink)
                            Bushie

Awesome.  I'll be there, but I think I'll bring my own car this time!    Can't wait to see everyone!

Alright, Bushie!!! 

wanderingjew

• Total Posts: 7386
                              • Roadfood Insider
                              Re:GLEE CLUB MEETING-- All Invited Sun, 12/16/12 11:47 AM (permalink)
                              Wonderful! 

Ralph Melton and Ice Cream Chick

and now Bushie!   

ann peeples

Re:GLEE CLUB MEETING-- All Invited Sun, 12/16/12 2:29 PM (permalink)
                                Again, will be in GREAT company. Thanks to Al and Janet for working this out for me. Bob said" Annie, go-these people are great to you and you need oysters!" And he feels I have had enough-what a guy.

lleechef

• Total Posts: 6232
                                  Re:GLEE CLUB MEETING-- All Invited Sun, 12/16/12 4:46 PM (permalink)
                                  YAY BUSHIE!!
                                  Can we skip Christmas and New Year's and go directly to President's Day????
                                  <message edited by lleechef on Sun, 12/16/12 4:49 PM>

Art Deco

• Total Posts: 889
                                    Re:GLEE CLUB MEETING-- All Invited Sat, 12/22/12 7:16 PM (permalink)
                                    mayor al

Paging Pogo..Pogo pick up the white courtesy phone please...

Checking schedule, not sure yet...

Michael Hoffman

• Total Posts: 17837
                                      Re:GLEE CLUB MEETING-- All Invited Sat, 12/22/12 7:36 PM (permalink)
                                      pogophiles

mayor al

Paging Pogo..Pogo pick up the white courtesy phone please...

Checking schedule, not sure yet...

I sure hope you can be there.

wanderingjew

• Roadfood Insider
                                        Re:GLEE CLUB MEETING-- All Invited Mon, 12/24/12 8:19 AM (permalink)
                                        I already planned our itinerary for our 7 day trip  which to TTM's chagrin is planned well in advance even for me.... but since this is our (Sandra and I) first big trip together it just made sense....(yes she likes to plan in advance too)
                                        -We'll be flying to Charlotte on Wednesday February 13 and drive to Mobile the next day with an overnight stop in Birmingham
                                        - We'll depart Mobile sometime in the late morning early afternoon of Sunday February 17 , overnight in Atlanta and then spend the next couple of days in Charlotte visiting friends and relatives.
                                        -We'll fly home from Charlotte Wednesday February 20 in the late afternoon.
                                        --
                                        There most likely won't be a trip report since many of the places  we will visit will be places I visited this past February and August, but I will add highlights and photos of new places.
                                        <message edited by wanderingjew on Mon, 12/24/12 8:37 AM>

The Travelin Man

• Total Posts: 3698
                                          Re:GLEE CLUB MEETING-- All Invited Mon, 12/24/12 9:08 AM (permalink)
                                          This reminds me. I am flying out today and headed up north. I should probably book a hotel room for this week.

will_work_4_bbq

Re:GLEE CLUB MEETING-- All Invited Mon, 12/24/12 9:10 AM (permalink)
                                            wanderingjew

.....with an overnight stop in Birmingham......  
                                            -

If you and Sandra feel like some company for supper during your Bham stop, just give me shout!  But I understand if you want to be alone....

wanderingjew

• Location: East Greenwich/ Warwick, RI
                                              • Roadfood Insider
                                              Re:GLEE CLUB MEETING-- All Invited Mon, 12/24/12 9:39 AM (permalink)
                                              will_work_4_bbq

wanderingjew

.....with an overnight stop in Birmingham......  
                                              -

If you and Sandra feel like some company for supper during your Bham stop, just give me shout!  But I understand if you want to be alone....

Absolutely, of course you can join us.  Although it's Valentine's Day, we are going to be having a very "unromantic" dinner at Miss Myra's .  I may even have to get some Banana Pudding "to go" for everyone in Mobile the next day, but I'll have to check first and see if our hotel has a fridge.

will_work_4_bbq

Re:GLEE CLUB MEETING-- All Invited Mon, 12/24/12 10:01 AM (permalink)
                                                I have a fridge if you don't.  I'd be glad to keep it for you.  And I promise not to eat it!

wanderingjew

• Roadfood Insider
                                                  Re:GLEE CLUB MEETING-- All Invited Mon, 12/24/12 10:20 AM (permalink)
                                                  will_work_4_bbq

I have a fridge if you don't.  I'd be glad to keep it for you.  And I promise not to eat it!

We'll be staying at the Residence Inn, Homewood, as it turns out they do have a fridge in the room. .
                                                  Depending on how early we get to Birmingham the day before, we will either do some sightseeing that morning in Birmingham or in Montgomery on the way down to Mobile.

Benzee

• Total Posts: 1872
                                                    Re:GLEE CLUB MEETING-- All Invited Mon, 12/24/12 9:42 PM (permalink)
                                                    Hello all ,
                                                    I love reading and seeing the pics form the Annual Glee Club and other meets .
                                                    Unfortunately the geographical location of the meets  along with two little boys of 8 and 3 , dont allow me to jettison off too often to meat ups .
                                                    I do wish you all much fun and camraderie .
                                                    FYI - Seafarer John is not well and  prayers are needed for him , I last seen him at a holiday get together last Dec at Coney Island Rest. in Middletown NY with  his adorable wife Gail , Brooklyn Bill and Ginny , Coney Island Lou and a few others .
                                                    I have recently talked to him via the computer and please say some prayers , thanks all .

Benzee
                                                    <message edited by Benzee on Mon, 12/24/12 9:43 PM>

ann peeples

• Location: West Allis, Wisconsin
                                                      Re:GLEE CLUB MEETING-- All Invited Tue, 12/25/12 3:36 AM (permalink)
                                                      I have wondered about John. Prayers are on the way.. Thanks, Benzee.....

wanderingjew

• Roadfood Insider
                                                        Re:GLEE CLUB MEETING-- All Invited Tue, 12/25/12 8:16 AM (permalink)
                                                        Benzee

Thanks for the update about Seafarer John, I got to break bread with him and his wife Gail on several occasions. They are truly wonderful folks and my  positive thoughts and prayers are with him. 

buffetbuster

Re:GLEE CLUB MEETING-- All Invited Tue, 12/25/12 11:18 AM (permalink)
                                                          So sorry to hear that about Seafarer John.  He is a good man.  He will be in our prayers.

The Travelin Man

• Total Posts: 3698
                                                            • Location: Central FL
                                                            Re:GLEE CLUB MEETING-- All Invited Tue, 12/25/12 7:15 PM (permalink)
                                                            For those of you who are prone to the prayer, while thinking of Seafarer John, you might want to throw in a few good words for all of our friends in Mobile....or we may be looking for a new destination come February. :(

Online Bookmarks Sharing: Share/Bookmark
                                                              Change Page: < 12345678910.. > >> | Showing page 3 of 22, messages 61 to 90 of 644

Jump to:

Current active users

There are 0 members and 4 guests.

Icon Legend and Permission

• New Messages
                                                              • No New Messages
                                                              • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
                                                              • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
                                                              • Locked w/ New Messages
                                                              • Locked w/o New Messages
                                                              • Read Message
                                                              • Post New Thread
                                                              • Reply to message
                                                              • Post New Poll
                                                              • Submit Vote
                                                              • Post reward post
                                                              • Delete my own posts
                                                              • Delete my own threads
                                                              • Rate post

2000-2014 ASPPlayground.NET Forum Version 3.9
                                                              What is Roadfood?  |   Privacy Policy  |   Contact Roadfood.com   Copyright 2011 - Roadfood.com