The most memorable local eateries along the highways and back roads of America
Sign In | Register for Free!
Restaurants Recipes Forums EatingTours Merchandise FAQ Maps Insider

GLEE CLUB MEETING-- All Invited

Change Page: < 12345678910.. > >> | Showing page 4 of 22, messages 91 to 120 of 644
will_work_4_bbq

• Total Posts: 399
Re:GLEE CLUB MEETING-- All Invited Tue, 12/25/12 7:29 PM (permalink)
The Travelin Man

For those of you who are prone to the prayer, while thinking of Seafarer John, you might want to throw in a few good words for all of our friends in Mobile....or we may be looking for a new destination come February. :(

You took the words right out of my mouth.  They had a tornado earlier today.  I  haven't heard any reports about damage yet.  If I hear anything, I'll post it.

CajunKing

• Total Posts: 6317
    • Roadfood Insider
    Re:GLEE CLUB MEETING-- All Invited Wed, 12/26/12 12:24 AM (permalink)
    Here is a look at the tornado that went to the westside of downtown.  You have to love the bible belt commentary.
    https://www.facebook.com/...amp;type=2&theater

All the reports I have read and an email from a friend down in Mobile, it was a massive twister but not a strong one.  It did some damage to one of the schools and several homes and a church.  So all in all.  They got a holiday miracle.
    <message edited by CajunKing on Wed, 12/26/12 12:28 AM>

mayor al

• Total Posts: 15062
      • Roadfood Insider
      Re:GLEE CLUB MEETING-- All Invited Wed, 12/26/12 6:22 PM (permalink)
      We have been off line for a day or two. Sorry to read that our friend John (Seafarer) is not well...and hopefully he will recover shortly.
      Also the Tornado damage is evident, but so far it hasn't been reported as extensive. Again, our thoughts are with the folks in the Mobile area.

We had a close brush with this storm. Our friends north and west of us got almost a foot of snow and roads were/are a mess. We got only an inch or so with sleet and ice causing more of the problems than snow. Temps above freezing are melting the problem as I type.

Michael Hoffman

• Total Posts: 17823
        Re:GLEE CLUB MEETING-- All Invited Wed, 12/26/12 6:34 PM (permalink)
        We have about three inches here. Nothing to bother about.

icecreamchick

• Total Posts: 99
          Re:GLEE CLUB MEETING-- All Invited Thu, 01/10/13 2:40 AM (permalink)
          I booked our plane tickets earlier tonight! We'll get into Mobile kind of late on 2/15 (11:30 pm landing), we leave Sunday evening. We are really looking forward to seeing all of you!

I'd like to say we've used up all of our bad luck with storms and flight delays by having a flight to Texas scheduled on 12/26. To make a long story very, very short, we arrived on 12/28 in Dallas, just in time for Ralph's family's belated Christmas dinner (not everyone could make the 25th). 

However, I know better...we have an inexhaustible supply of bad luck with flight delays, and a lot of good luck with other things. So, we hope to see y'all that weekend, do not count on us for a sunrise Saturday breakfast. 

will_work_4_bbq

• Total Posts: 399
            Re:GLEE CLUB MEETING-- All Invited Thu, 01/10/13 7:00 AM (permalink)
            icecreamchick

I booked our plane tickets earlier tonight! We'll get into Mobile kind of late on 2/15 (11:30 pm landing), we leave Sunday evening. We are really looking forward to seeing all of you!

Yayy!!!  Glad you guys are coming! 

buffetbuster

Re:GLEE CLUB MEETING-- All Invited Thu, 01/10/13 8:25 AM (permalink)
              Lori, you and Ralph are definitely long overdue for some good luck traveling-wise.  Are you flying right into Mobile or are you flying into one of the other nearby airports (Pensacola, Gulfport, Montgomery, etc.)?

icecreamchick

Re:GLEE CLUB MEETING-- All Invited Thu, 01/10/13 5:43 PM (permalink)
                Cliff, we're coming right in to Mobile. Less time traveling, more time visiting and eating :-)

mayor al

• Roadfood Insider
                  Re:GLEE CLUB MEETING-- All Invited Fri, 01/11/13 4:25 AM (permalink)
                  Friday Nite Wintzells Oyster House- 5 PM Downtown needs a count. Post your notice so I can reserve table space. Here's who I have so far. I will add you to this list if you post a note. Thanks,  AL
                  Mayor, Jan and Annie P--- 3
                  Sundancer & Roz              2
                  Bushie                               1
                  BB                                     3 2
                  TTM                                   1
                  WJ                                    2
                  Work-4-BBQ                     1
                  MH & Lisa                         2
                  Mike S                              1 
                  Who Have I  Missed???
                  Pogophile??
                  Poverty Pete
                  Cajun King
                  I know there are members near the Gulf Coast...come out and meet your Roadfood Friends.

Saturday evening at the Brick Pit BBQ Bill has donated space for us...but a count there would be nice too...
                  All of the above plus Ralph and Lori.
                  <message edited by mayor al on Mon, 01/14/13 7:58 AM>

Sundancer7

Re:GLEE CLUB MEETING-- All Invited Fri, 01/11/13 5:16 AM (permalink)
                    Roz and Paul for the two events.  We will be in Mobile early afternoon Friday.

Paul E. Smith
                    Knoxville, TN

buffetbuster

Re:GLEE CLUB MEETING-- All Invited Fri, 01/11/13 7:15 AM (permalink)
                      MayorAl-
                      The flights into Mobile and the surrounding area from Baltimore have just been too high, so right now nothing is booked for Cousin Johnny.  I am still looking.  Mariton and I will be at both night's events for sure.

Sundancer7

Re:GLEE CLUB MEETING-- All Invited Fri, 01/11/13 7:31 AM (permalink)
                        BB:  Roz was inquiring if Mariton would be there and I just confirmed it with her.  Made her morning.

Al, Let's go sorta early to the Wintzell's in time for their happy hour.  We may make a stop at Dreamland on the way in.  We expect to be there by 2:00PM Friday.

Paul E. Smith
                        Knoxville, TN 

wanderingjew

• Total Posts: 7384
                          • Roadfood Insider
                          Re:GLEE CLUB MEETING-- All Invited Fri, 01/11/13 7:49 AM (permalink)
                          Sandra and I will be there for both Friday night and Saturday night's  events. We hope to be in Mobile sometime in the mid afternoon on Friday

buffetbuster

Re:GLEE CLUB MEETING-- All Invited Fri, 01/11/13 7:59 AM (permalink)
                            Sundancer7

BB:  Roz was inquiring if Mariton would be there and I just confirmed it with her.  Made her morning.  
                            Mariton also asked about Roz, so that works out real well.  We are very much looking forward to seeing you two in Mobile! 

The Travelin Man

• Total Posts: 3698
                              Re:GLEE CLUB MEETING-- All Invited Fri, 01/11/13 9:42 AM (permalink)
                              I will not be there for the Friday night event. I have a work issue that will keep me here until at least 7 pm. :(

Michael Hoffman

Re:GLEE CLUB MEETING-- All Invited Fri, 01/11/13 10:07 AM (permalink)
                                Lisa and I will be there for both.

icecreamchick

Re:GLEE CLUB MEETING-- All Invited Fri, 01/11/13 2:31 PM (permalink)
                                  Mayor Al: You are correct -- we'll be there for Saturday Night, but not Friday. We're looking forward to seeing y'all!

ann peeples

• Total Posts: 8317
                                    Re:GLEE CLUB MEETING-- All Invited Fri, 01/11/13 7:41 PM (permalink)
                                    Ticket to Kentucky( where Al and Janet pick me up) is purchased. Its going to be a long ride, but I honestly cant wait to meet all of you!

Michael Hoffman

Re:GLEE CLUB MEETING-- All Invited Fri, 01/11/13 7:53 PM (permalink)
                                      lleechef and I are looking forward to meeting you Ann.

mayor al

• Location: Louisville area, Southern Indiana
                                        • Roadfood Insider
                                        Re:GLEE CLUB MEETING-- All Invited Sat, 01/12/13 12:27 AM (permalink)
                                        BB
                                        Can't Johnnie get a cheap flight to New Orleans or Jacksonville and drive over?  or some other 'within driving range airport.???

We'll save the speeches and dancing for Saturday night at the Brick Pit.
                                        Friday I will ask Wintzells to have space for us at 5 PM. That gives us two hours of "Happy Hour Beer and Oysters" before the serious dinner gets going.  I am determined to get some of the West Indies Salad there this time.

The floor is open for suggestions for breakfast and lunch on Saturday so the late arriving folks can catch up on their calorie intake before the group hits the Brick Pit that evening.  I too would like to insert a stop at Dreamland sometime during the day...but not sure when! What with BBQ on the menu for dinner.

Lori and Ralph, Hope you get in in time to get some rest before Breakfast...where-ever it will be.
                                        TTM when do you get to Mobile? Need a pick-up???

lleechef

• Total Posts: 6227
                                          Re:GLEE CLUB MEETING-- All Invited Sat, 01/12/13 10:34 AM (permalink)
                                          Holy smokes!  TWO HOURS of "Happy Hour Beer and Oysters"!!  That should be enough time for me to get my fix of those lovely morsels on the half shell!!!  

ann peeples

Re:GLEE CLUB MEETING-- All Invited Sat, 01/12/13 7:54 PM (permalink)
                                            LOL, Lisa!!!!!!!!!!! I thought the same thing!

mayor al

• Roadfood Insider
                                              Re:GLEE CLUB MEETING-- All Invited Sat, 01/12/13 9:25 PM (permalink)
                                              Lisa,
                                              Not wanting to 'brag' on the Happy Hour time a couple of years ago, But I couldn't stop...5 dozen raw on the half-shell during that time..with an equal number of beers. Since I am not much on the beer drinking I finished only two of those during the appetizer marathon... Then is was Shrimp and Scallops and Crab Claws for dinner....thats why there was no West Indies Salad that night (for me).  I think Padre Rick kept up with me that evening. During Happy hour the Oysters are half-price or about $5 per dozen.

lleechef

• Total Posts: 6227
                                                Re:GLEE CLUB MEETING-- All Invited Sat, 01/12/13 10:12 PM (permalink)
                                                Ok, I get it.......this is going to be the Roadfood version of "Man/Woman vs. Oyster Challenge"!!  MH already has started to bet on me.  Minus the beers......too filling.....I'll substitute a white wine.  5 dozen, huh??  I dunno.  Maybe ann peeples and I could be a team??  May the victor end up with the 'bragging' rights!!

Michael Hoffman

Re:GLEE CLUB MEETING-- All Invited Sat, 01/12/13 10:29 PM (permalink)
                                                  I want to see this. I know lleechef can put away at least two dozen, probably two and a half. Now if Ann can down the other two and a half you're going down to defeat, Mr. Mayor.

Me, I'll be sticking to eating already dead oysters, preferably with spinach and stuff maybe fried.
                                                  <message edited by Michael Hoffman on Sat, 01/12/13 10:31 PM>

CajunKing

• Total Posts: 6317
                                                    • Location: Live at Saint Clair
                                                    • Roadfood Insider
                                                    Re:GLEE CLUB MEETING-- All Invited Sat, 01/12/13 11:55 PM (permalink)
                                                    BB you are right, there is nothing out of BAL or DC that is very cheap.
                                                    $333 was the cheapest I found, and $222 was the cheapest going from dc to TAL but then a 2 1/2 drive from TAL to Mobile.

even flying into ORL wasnt cheap

greyhound wasnt cheap either

Wont he fit into one of your checked bags??

mayor al

• Roadfood Insider
                                                      Re:GLEE CLUB MEETING-- All Invited Sun, 01/13/13 3:44 AM (permalink)
                                                      Lisa, This is not a RF vs Food thing.  I just could not stop slurping those Briney, tasty,  fresh from the gulf shellfish. Even my friend Sundancer had more than one dozen, and he is a modest eater for sure !
                                                      The point is it is a real budget supporting 'time-slot' for those who like to focus on the Oysters before dinner/

Sundancer7

Re:GLEE CLUB MEETING-- All Invited Sun, 01/13/13 5:07 AM (permalink)
                                                        Al:  I believe I read on their web site that Happy hour is from 3:00pm to 5:00pm.

Paul E. Smith
                                                        Knoxville, TN

ann peeples

• Location: West Allis, Wisconsin
                                                          Re:GLEE CLUB MEETING-- All Invited Sun, 01/13/13 7:24 AM (permalink)
                                                          I am up for the challenge, minus the beer........

Sundancer7

Re:GLEE CLUB MEETING-- All Invited Sun, 01/13/13 7:38 AM (permalink)
                                                            Al, as a "Modest eater" as you stated, it is a embarassment to myself to be around folks who can pack it away.  I sorta wish I could do that but I have limits.  Perhaps it is because of my age???  I do not now.  I do believe I ate a dozen raw and ordered a dozen fried at dinner which I could not finish.

Roz does not eat oysters period so count her out.  I guess it will be Lisa and Ann vs. BB and the Mayor.

I sure do enjoy the raw oysters though and at happy hour prices, that may be my entire dinner.

Paul E. Smith
                                                            Knoxville, TN

Online Bookmarks Sharing: Share/Bookmark
                                                              Change Page: < 12345678910.. > >> | Showing page 4 of 22, messages 91 to 120 of 644

Jump to:

Current active users

There are 0 members and 3 guests.

Icon Legend and Permission

• New Messages
                                                              • No New Messages
                                                              • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
                                                              • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
                                                              • Locked w/ New Messages
                                                              • Locked w/o New Messages
                                                              • Read Message
                                                              • Post New Thread
                                                              • Reply to message
                                                              • Post New Poll
                                                              • Submit Vote
                                                              • Post reward post
                                                              • Delete my own posts
                                                              • Delete my own threads
                                                              • Rate post

2000-2014 ASPPlayground.NET Forum Version 3.9
                                                              What is Roadfood?  |   Privacy Policy  |   Contact Roadfood.com   Copyright 2011 - Roadfood.com