The most memorable local eateries along the highways and back roads of America
Sign In | Register for Free!
Restaurants Recipes Forums EatingTours Merchandise FAQ Maps Insider

GLEE CLUB MEETING-- All Invited

Change Page: < 12345678910.. > >> | Showing page 8 of 22, messages 211 to 240 of 644
wanderingjew

• Total Posts: 7384
  • Roadfood Insider
Re:GLEE CLUB MEETING-- All Invited Thu, 01/24/13 9:29 PM (permalink)
lleechef

Ok, wj what secret??  You know you have to tell me!

lleechef

There is no secret...now.....the cat is out of the bag....

will_work_4_bbq

• Total Posts: 399
    Re:GLEE CLUB MEETING-- All Invited Thu, 01/24/13 9:37 PM (permalink)
    wanderingjew

There is no secret...now.....the cat is out of the bag....

Now you're just teasing us.....give it up!

lleechef

• Total Posts: 6228
      Re:GLEE CLUB MEETING-- All Invited Thu, 01/24/13 9:39 PM (permalink)
      What's the cat's name?  Sandra?

EdSails

• Total Posts: 3572
        Looking interesting, here is my favorite place in the area if anyone wants to try it......

http://www.bigdaddysgrill.net

!/2 crawfish and 1/2 soft shell crab po'boy with a glass of Jack Daniels= one heckuva lot of good food and fun!

wanderingjew

• Roadfood Insider
          lleechef

No, it's Chi Town Diner, he was the secret

will_work_4_bbq

• Total Posts: 399
            Re:GLEE CLUB MEETING-- All Invited Thu, 01/24/13 9:50 PM (permalink)
            wanderingjew

lleechef

No, it's Chi Town Diner, he was the secret

Well it is GREAT to have them both!

lleechef

Re:GLEE CLUB MEETING-- All Invited Thu, 01/24/13 9:51 PM (permalink)
              YIPEE!!!!

EdSails

Re:GLEE CLUB MEETING-- All Invited Thu, 01/24/13 9:55 PM (permalink)
                Are there extra points for wintzell's delicious fried crab claws?

EdSails

Re:GLEE CLUB MEETING-- All Invited Thu, 01/24/13 10:11 PM (permalink)
                  My friend has announced I will be the Designated Drinker so we'll just drive back to Fairhope, it's only a 25 minute drive. working on the airfare now and the parade schedule. Looking good so far. According to my look at the schedule there are eight parades between Friday and sunday. If we do snag a place in one of the parades we will have the back seat available if any one wants to ride along. Not to worry, there are tables in the back seat for libations. 

mayor al

Ed,  The Glee Club will "Officially" meet Friday evening, Feb 15 at Wintzells Oyster  House for the Opening dinner.  The formal dinner (Hawaiian Shirt Night) will be at the Brick Pit BBQ Saturday evening the 16th. Saturdays daytime adventures will be organized - informally- at the Friday evening session...as will a Sunday Morning breakfast/brunch.  This is the Weekend following Mardi-Gras. As you may have ready some of the group will arrive in Mobile a day or so early.  Many of the group are staying at the Admiral Semmes Hotel downtown but accomdations of various types are apparently wide open.
                  We'd love to have you join us for the weekend.

Michael Hoffman

• Total Posts: 17826
                    Re:GLEE CLUB MEETING-- All Invited Thu, 01/24/13 10:55 PM (permalink)
                    Great to know you'll be there. I trust you'll bring along one of those horrible Hawaiian shirts. I mean, if I have to wear one ... .

EdSails

Re:GLEE CLUB MEETING-- All Invited Thu, 01/24/13 11:02 PM (permalink)
                      OK, I'm in. I will be available Wed., Feb. 13th, so if anyone wants to join me a day or so early for a tour of Fairhope, such as Big Daddy's Grill, Biscuit King, Lulu Buffet's (can't guarantee bro Jimmy will be there but he often shows up at sis' when he's in town), the Fairhope location of Wintzell's, or any of the other fun places in Fairhope, shoot me a line and we'll make plans. Fairhope is just on the eastern side of the bay and not far off of I-10, proably 25 minutes or so. It's not far from Foley, Daphne and Robertsdale. Gulf Shores is a 40 minute drive and on the way is the great Bill's Seafood, where if you time it right they are unloading the shrimp of the boat as you watch. Not sure if my pal Bubba works there or not anymore------it's worth a trip just to say you bought live shrimp form Bubba! We are also checking to see if there are any parade spots left to drive in for the Mobile parades, so if we find one there will be two or three seats available in back of the car. It will be roughing it though, only two guest tables in the back of the car so a third person would have to share a table. I know that's asking a lot just to be in a Mardi Gras Parade. 
                      Now, on to the choice of Hawaiian shirts.......
                      Who's handling the activities? There will be two of us, one's a local. Never hurts!
                      <message edited by EdSails on Fri, 01/25/13 1:32 AM>

ann peeples

• Total Posts: 8317
                        Re:GLEE CLUB MEETING-- All Invited Fri, 01/25/13 3:59 AM (permalink)
                        Again, I feel like this trip is Oscar worthy.Its my my b day(and Pauls's, as well as Janet and Al's anniversary-feb 19)And how exiting to have  Ed and Gregg.....

buffetbuster

Re:GLEE CLUB MEETING-- All Invited Fri, 01/25/13 6:07 AM (permalink)
                          So glad to read that you will be joining us EdSails!  We really do have a great group of people coming this year.

mayor al

• Total Posts: 15062
                            • Roadfood Insider
                            Re:GLEE CLUB MEETING-- All Invited Fri, 01/25/13 6:17 AM (permalink)
                            Ed
                            Most of us will be arriving Friday afternoon and evening.  And even as late as Saturday morning (The 15th and 16th). Keep that on your schedule for when the two 'formal' dinner sessions will be.

wanderingjew

• Roadfood Insider
                              Re:GLEE CLUB MEETING-- All Invited Fri, 01/25/13 8:28 AM (permalink)
                              Ed

Looks like we'll be seeing eachother sooner than I thought!  It's been almost 7 years  (where does the time go?)  It will be great to see you again....
                              Looking forward to it...

On an aside, I was going to try to create a Jib Jab dance with Sandra's photo (the theme being she is feeling left out and wants to join in on the fun) unfortunately my smart phone photo came out too pale, so it looks like I'll have to use my digital camera this weekend.

Sundancer7

Re:GLEE CLUB MEETING-- All Invited Fri, 01/25/13 8:39 AM (permalink)
                                This could be a pretty large meet from many states.  California, Wisconsin, Rhode Island, Ohio, Alabama, Tennessee, Pennslyvania, Illinois, Florida, Kentucky, Texas, West Virginia and Connecticut.  Any I left out? 

Paul E. Smith
                                Knoxville, TN
                                <message edited by Sundancer7 on Fri, 01/25/13 9:13 AM>

wanderingjew

• Roadfood Insider
                                  Re:GLEE CLUB MEETING-- All Invited Fri, 01/25/13 8:43 AM (permalink)
                                  Sundancer7

This could be a pretty large meet from many states.  California, Wisconsin, Rhode Island, Ohio, Georgia, Tennessee, Pennslyvania, Illinois, Florida.  Any I left out? 

Paul E. Smith
                                  Knoxville, TN

Yes,

Sandra lives in Connecticut
                                  and isn't Bushie coming? (Texas)
                                  And Al can claim both Kentucky and Indiana!
                                  and Will_Work_4_BBQ in Alabama (or does that count since we'll be in Alabama?)

mayor al

• Location: Louisville area, Southern Indiana
                                    • Roadfood Insider
                                    Re:GLEE CLUB MEETING-- All Invited Fri, 01/25/13 10:42 AM (permalink)
                                    We live in "Kentuciana". as the area around Louisville extends into both Indiana and Kentucky. AND yes Bushie will represent Texas !
                                    Hey TIKI..We need a 'Sooner' to come down also !

I received a message today from I Q Diva, and invited she -Susan, and her husband Paul, to join in if they can. We had lost contact with them over the past year or so. They are fine folks and we hope to rebuild our link to them soon.

Dale , I am casting a scene from Riverdance, that calls for four lady's in the chorus line. Send me your photo and we'll introduce Sandra with some of the other ladies in the Dance line on a JibJab.

Michael Hoffman

Re:GLEE CLUB MEETING-- All Invited Fri, 01/25/13 12:23 PM (permalink)
                                      Oh boy!

wanderingjew

• Roadfood Insider
                                        Re:GLEE CLUB MEETING-- All Invited Fri, 01/25/13 12:55 PM (permalink)
                                        Al

I'll take another photo over the weekend and send it to you.

lleechef

Re:GLEE CLUB MEETING-- All Invited Fri, 01/25/13 1:01 PM (permalink)
                                          Who are the other three?

mayor al

• Roadfood Insider
                                            Re:GLEE CLUB MEETING-- All Invited Fri, 01/25/13 1:07 PM (permalink)
                                            here is a sample... We will add Sandra to the line and may ask one of the other ladies to sit this one out.
                                            I wish Seafarer John could be with us this year., so I cast him in a role he fits very well.
                                            here is the first round.
                                            http://www.jibjab.com/view/O_VlK20NQ_uS_vZs1O6DYA

lleechef

Re:GLEE CLUB MEETING-- All Invited Fri, 01/25/13 1:40 PM (permalink)
                                              Who are those four chicks with the red hair???  Folks from Mobile?

tiki

• Total Posts: 4135
                                                Re:GLEE CLUB MEETING-- All Invited Fri, 01/25/13 1:45 PM (permalink)
                                                Al--wish i could--but--got my daughters wedding in a few months---on Martha's Vineyard--and that trip and the ensuing expenses, are soaking up ALL the budget this yr!---NEXT yr for sure--Janie is retiring and we will be freed up to travel a lot! You folks all have a good one---and take lots of pictures!

MikeS.

• Total Posts: 5360
                                                  • Location: FarEasternPanhandle, WV
                                                  • Roadfood Insider
                                                  Re:GLEE CLUB MEETING-- All Invited Fri, 01/25/13 3:24 PM (permalink)
                                                  I'm claiming Calif, Wv & Va....

MikeS.

• Total Posts: 5360
                                                    • Location: FarEasternPanhandle, WV
                                                    • Roadfood Insider
                                                    Re:GLEE CLUB MEETING-- All Invited Fri, 01/25/13 3:29 PM (permalink)
                                                    Looks like Poverty Pete will be ridin rumble seat with me from Nashville and hopefully back :)

Michael Hoffman

Re:GLEE CLUB MEETING-- All Invited Fri, 01/25/13 4:20 PM (permalink)
                                                      Poverty Pete's going to be in Mobile? Fantastic!

EdSails

• Location: Mission Viejo, CA
                                                        Re:GLEE CLUB MEETING-- All Invited Fri, 01/25/13 6:21 PM (permalink)
                                                        Well everyone, I'm looking forward to this. I'll be bringing along my old friend Sterling, formerly from CA and lately from AL. 

Dale, funny how things work out!

Poverty Pete

• Total Posts: 2266
                                                          • Location: Nashville, TN
                                                          Re:GLEE CLUB MEETING-- All Invited Fri, 01/25/13 8:08 PM (permalink)
                                                          Michael,   One of my oyster dozens will consist of 13, correct?

EdSails,  now that it's not a secret,  I'd love to go for a ride in your car.

mayor al

• Roadfood Insider
                                                            Re:GLEE CLUB MEETING-- All Invited Fri, 01/25/13 8:13 PM (permalink)
                                                            OK  Glee Clubbers,  As of tonight...Jan 25th, here is the roster of participants.

I count 23 confirmed attendees as of now.
                                                            AL, Janet, & Annie-   3
                                                            Paul & Roz--              2
                                                            Bushie--                      1
                                                            BB & Marilton--          2
                                                            WJ & Sandra --          2
                                                            Lynn--                         1
                                                            MH & Lisa --               2
                                                            Mike S & Pov Pete-- 2
                                                            Gregg --                     1
                                                            IQ Diva & Paul --      2
                                                            EdSailes & Friend -- 2
                                                            Ralph & Lori (late)   2
                                                            TTM (late)                 1
                                                              We encourage any other members of the roadfood website who can drop in for one or more of the meeting/meals and get a chance to actually meet your internet Friends, to let us know that you are coming, so we can keep an eye-out for you .

Online Bookmarks Sharing: Share/Bookmark
                                                              Change Page: < 12345678910.. > >> | Showing page 8 of 22, messages 211 to 240 of 644

Jump to:

Current active users

There are 0 members and 1 guests.

Icon Legend and Permission

• New Messages
                                                              • No New Messages
                                                              • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
                                                              • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
                                                              • Locked w/ New Messages
                                                              • Locked w/o New Messages
                                                              • Read Message
                                                              • Post New Thread
                                                              • Reply to message
                                                              • Post New Poll
                                                              • Submit Vote
                                                              • Post reward post
                                                              • Delete my own posts
                                                              • Delete my own threads
                                                              • Rate post

2000-2014 ASPPlayground.NET Forum Version 3.9
                                                              What is Roadfood?  |   Privacy Policy  |   Contact Roadfood.com   Copyright 2011 - Roadfood.com