The most memorable local eateries along the highways and back roads of America
Sign In | Register for Free!
Restaurants Recipes Forums EatingTours Merchandise FAQ Maps Insider

The Crack of the Bat; The Opening of the Wallets: BASEBALL 2013!!!

Change Page: < 12345678 | Showing page 8 of 8, messages 211 to 212 of 212
MetroplexJim

• Total Posts: 3705
Re:The Crack of the Bat; The Opening of the Wallets: BASEBALL 2013!!! Thu, 11/21/13 11:01 AM (permalink)
ScreamingChicken

PNC is on our short list of parks to visit in the relatively near future.  I especially want to try one of the asphalt-filled pierogies that Bob Uecker recommends.

I see the Tigers have decided that having money to pay Max Scherzer is more important than having Prince Fielder, as they shipped him and $30mil to Texas for Ian Kinsler.  Is the Ballpark lefty-friendly when it comes to hitting?

Several comments:

1)  When you visit the "The Jewel of the Allegheny" be sure to try Augustines Pizza, "the official pizza of PNC Park".  (And, please review it on these pages after you enjoy!).

2)  The Kinsler/Fielder trade was a "genius move" for both clubs. 

For Detroit, the first benefit will be returning Miggy to 1st. Base.  Kinsler is a plus defender, hitter, and baserunner; Infante, Peralta, & Iglesias will give the Tigers a vastly improved left side defensively.

For Texas, trading the 32 yeal old Kinsler was necessary to make room for Profar - the next Manny Machado. 

Getting Fielder in his young prime (29) is wonderful; finally, the Rangers can get rid of the under-productive (for a first baseman) Mitch Moreland.  (With Jon Daniels' "Chris Davis luck" Mitch will probably hit .300/30/100 for (maybe) the Bucs!). 

Even though the net worth of the Rangers ownership is, by multiples, the highest in baseball, I'm sure they appreciate the extra $30 million; I'm sure they'll put it to productive use in their baseball hobby. 

And in contrast with the Angels foolishness with the Pujols contract, Fielder is signed for only two seasons past his natural prime.  By then I'm sure he will be a "Big Papi-style" DH.

Does The Ballpark favor LH power hitters?  Does a bear defecate in the woods?  Oh yes!!!  The winds that hit Dallas from the high plains make a permanent 'jet stream' to right.

And the nice thing for both teams and both cities is that both Kinsler and Fielder are great kids and 'good citizens'.  This trade warms my heart. 

The next ALCS:  Rangers & Tigers!

ScreamingChicken

• Total Posts: 4724
    Re:The Crack of the Bat; The Opening of the Wallets: BASEBALL 2013!!! Thu, 11/21/13 11:12 AM (permalink)
    MetroplexJim

For Detroit, the first benefit will be returning Miggy to 1st. Base.  Kinsler is a plus defender, hitter, and baserunner; Infante, Peralta, & Iglesias will give the Tigers a vastly improved left side defensively.

For Texas, trading the 32 yeal old Kinsler was necessary to make room for Profar - the next Manny Machado.
    Apparently Detroit also has a hot young prospect.  I've read some speculation that to-be-22-year-old Nick Castellanos will get a long look at 3B next spring and be in the mix along with Infante and Peralta, which could land one or both of them on the trading block if the Tigers decide to bring Ramon Santiago back as a backup and Castellanos is determined to by MLB-ready.

Online Bookmarks Sharing: Share/Bookmark
      Change Page: < 12345678 | Showing page 8 of 8, messages 211 to 212 of 212

Jump to:

Current active users

There are 0 members and 1 guests.

Icon Legend and Permission

• New Messages
      • No New Messages
      • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
      • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
      • Locked w/ New Messages
      • Locked w/o New Messages
      • Read Message
      • Post New Thread
      • Reply to message
      • Post New Poll
      • Submit Vote
      • Post reward post
      • Delete my own posts
      • Delete my own threads
      • Rate post

2000-2014 ASPPlayground.NET Forum Version 3.9
      What is Roadfood?  |   Privacy Policy  |   Contact Roadfood.com   Copyright 2011 - Roadfood.com