The most memorable local eateries along the highways and back roads of America
Sign In | Register for Free!
Restaurants Recipes Forums EatingTours Merchandise FAQ Maps Insider
Forum Themes:
Welcome !

Have Tickets for a show at the 47th Street Theatre on Jan 16

agnesrob

• Total Posts: 1790
Have Tickets for a show at the 47th Street Theatre on Jan 16 Tue, 12/18/12 8:42 AM (permalink)
Bought my husband tickets to see Forbidden Broadway at the 47th Street Theatre on January 16th. It's a matinee at 2pm. Any suggestions for dinner nearby after the show?

billyboy

• Total Posts: 2363
    Re:Have Tickets for a show at the 47th Street Theatre on Jan 16 Tue, 12/18/12 9:28 AM (permalink)
    Saw that a couple of months ago with my girlfriend.  Loved it!  

Here are a few suggestions:
    1.)  Shake Shack (W.44th St. & 8th Ave.) - every time I walk out of there I think, "That was EXACTLY what I wanted!".  Lines can get long and tables hard to come by.  
    2.)  Junior's - (W.44th St. & 7th Ave.) - busy as all get out most days but I've been there many times and the food is pretty good.  Pastrami/corned beef sandwiches, turkey reubens, etc...
    3.)  Carnegie Deli (7th Ave. at 55th St.) - natch.  Call ahead to see if you need a reservation.  Not sure if they take them though.  Had fun there with the NYC Nosh RF meet-up in Nov. 2010
    4.)  Gazala's Place (9th Ave. between W.48th & W.49th) - TINY Israeli Druze restaurant.  Been there a couple of times after shows with my girlfriend.  Love the lamb kebab, chicken kebab, hummus and their bread is really good too.  Made in-house.
    5.)  Hallo Berlin (W.51st St. near 9th Ave.) - Never been but if it's as good as their street cart then you're in for a treat.  The wursts, red cabbage, sauerkraut and German potatoes are fantastic.
    6.)  Bar Americain (W.52nd St. between 6th & 7th Aves.) - Bobby Flay's twist on American classics.  Been there 2 times and loved it though it has been a few years since my last visit.  May need to call for a reservation.
    7.)  burger joint at Le Parker Meridien Hotel (W.56th St. between 6th & 7th Aves.) - the not-so-secret burger spot in the fancy hotel in Midtown Manhattan.  Great burgers, good fries.  Usually a line to get in and seats can be hard to find but worth it.  
    8.)  Churrascaria Plataforma (316 W. 49th St. between 8th & 9th Aves.) - Have only been to the one in Tribeca but the all-you-can-eat meat fest was outstanding!

Any questions?  Just let me know.  Enjoy the show!
    <message edited by billyboy on Tue, 12/18/12 9:29 AM>

Pigiron

• Total Posts: 1384
      • Roadfood Insider
      Re:Have Tickets for a show at the 47th Street Theatre on Jan 16 Tue, 12/18/12 9:49 AM (permalink)
      They're STILL doing Forbidden Broadway? I think I saw it in the early 90's. 

agnesrob

• Total Posts: 1790
        Re:Have Tickets for a show at the 47th Street Theatre on Jan 16 Wed, 12/19/12 9:11 AM (permalink)
        Ye, It's a show that's continuously updated.
        Thanks for the great list Billy! Nice and diverse. I think we'll see what we feel like after the show.

ken8038

• Total Posts: 1560
          Re:Have Tickets for a show at the 47th Street Theatre on Jan 16 Wed, 12/19/12 3:13 PM (permalink)
          Our favorite after-matinee spot (not that we go that often) is usually the Theatre District branch of John's Pizzeria. Plenty of room in a very nice space, a former church. Now it's a church of pizza. I think they take reservations but we've never needed them. Not quite as good as the original downtown, but still very good, and very resonable prices for the theatre district.

260 W 44th Street:

http://www.johnspizzerianyc.com/

TnTinCT

Re:Have Tickets for a show at the 47th Street Theatre on Jan 16 Wed, 12/19/12 5:09 PM (permalink)
            Tried a new place a couple of weeks ago, really enjoyed it. 9th and 45th - Marseille http://www.marseillenyc.com/home.aspx
            Had the pistou and steak frites - really good, and I thought reasonable for a nicer dinner in NYC.

nixienox

• Total Posts: 97
              Re:Have Tickets for a show at the 47th Street Theatre on Jan 16 Sat, 01/5/13 2:37 PM (permalink)
              5napkin takes reservations. http://5napkinburger.com/hells-kitchen-new-york
              Marseille has that classic bistro menu, and would be more quiet.

Tony Bad

Re:Have Tickets for a show at the 47th Street Theatre on Jan 16 Sat, 01/5/13 4:10 PM (permalink)
                I like becco  http://becco-nyc.com/ on 46th street.

MetroplexJim

• Total Posts: 3708
                  Re:Have Tickets for a show at the 47th Street Theatre on Jan 16 Sat, 01/5/13 4:55 PM (permalink)
                  Here's a "celebrity chef" venue near your theatre; check out the review in the NYT!

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/11/14/dining/reviews/restaurant-review-guys-american-kitchen-bar-in-times-square.html?ref=todayspaper&_r=0

Online Bookmarks Sharing: Share/Bookmark

Jump to:

Current active users

There are 0 members and 1 guests.

Icon Legend and Permission

• New Messages
                    • No New Messages
                    • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
                    • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
                    • Locked w/ New Messages
                    • Locked w/o New Messages
                    • Read Message
                    • Post New Thread
                    • Reply to message
                    • Post New Poll
                    • Submit Vote
                    • Post reward post
                    • Delete my own posts
                    • Delete my own threads
                    • Rate post

2000-2014 ASPPlayground.NET Forum Version 3.9
                    What is Roadfood?  |   Privacy Policy  |   Contact Roadfood.com   Copyright 2011 - Roadfood.com