Sign In | Register for Free!
Restaurants Recipes Forums EatingTours Merchandise FAQ Maps Insider
Forum Themes:
Welcome !

Want Reciepe of Sand which

Change Page: 12 > | Showing page 1 of 2, messages 1 to 30 of 46
amberdorsch123

• Total Posts: 9
Want Reciepe of Sand which Thu, 12/20/12 1:40 AM (permalink)
How to prepare coleslaw sandwiches please post step by step method here and if any one have other recipe of other sandwiches then please post here

CCinNJ

• Total Posts: 7762
    Re:Want Reciepe of Sand which Sat, 12/22/12 10:37 AM (permalink)
    What is a cole slaw sandwich?

ChrisOC

• Total Posts: 901
      Re:Want Reciepe of Sand which Sat, 12/22/12 11:09 AM (permalink)
      I was wondering the same thing.

CCinNJ

Re:Want Reciepe of Sand which Sat, 12/22/12 11:13 AM (permalink)
        I put cole slaw on a pork roll sandwich....but really no need for detailed step-by-step instructions.

BuddyRoadhouse

• Total Posts: 4086
          Re:Want Reciepe of Sand which Sat, 12/22/12 1:26 PM (permalink)
          Golly, I wonder if there's any Spam involved in a cole slaw sandwich (sand which?)?

Buddy

FriedClamFanatic

• Total Posts: 1500
            Re:Want Reciepe of Sand which Sat, 12/22/12 1:32 PM (permalink)
            With tongue firmly in cheek over the title

Take one beach.........broil under the hot sun for 2-3 days.....spread with coleslaw.Walk quickly away

If You mean adding Coleslaw to a sandwich, the most obvious choices are:
            Meats...Pastrami, Corned Beef, Roast Beef.....and at a stretch, Turkey
            Cheese...Provolone, Swiss(preferred), Mozzarella

Rye Bread or a roll like a hamburg or Kaiser roll are the best choices

kland01s

• Total Posts: 2835
              Re:Want Reciepe of Sand which Sat, 12/22/12 5:31 PM (permalink)
              Seems like the OP is not from the US and not an native English speaker. That said, coleslaw on pulled pork is pretty good.

superfoods

• Total Posts: 6
                Re:Want Reciepe of Sand which Sun, 12/23/12 10:47 PM (permalink)
                Well, first time I have heard about this type of sandwich. From which part of the world it belongs?

MetroplexJim

• Total Posts: 3706
                  Re:Want Reciepe of Sand which Mon, 12/24/12 11:25 AM (permalink)
                  Thanks to Jack Nicholson in Five Easy Pieces:

Order a pulled pork sandwich, extra slaw. 
                  Hold the pork. 
                  Hold the sauce.

Enjoy!

BTW:  tried to find Mixican City, GA;
                  Google Maps has never heard of it. 

That said, can't find "Sin City, VA" either.
                  (I think it's a close-in suburb of Leesburg, though). 
                  <message edited by MetroplexJim on Mon, 12/24/12 11:34 AM>

CCinNJ

Re:Want Reciepe of Sand which Mon, 12/24/12 11:38 AM (permalink)
                    The pork roll belongs to New Jersey.

Cole slaw on it...now and again.

ocdreamr

• Total Posts: 1109
                      Re:Want Reciepe of Sand which Mon, 12/24/12 1:56 PM (permalink)
                      Down here in NC we have the shrimpburger.  A hamburger bun pilled high with fried shrimp then coleslaw & ketchup! This has become a favorite of mine since moving here.

Michael Hoffman

• Total Posts: 17848
                        Re:Want Reciepe of Sand which Mon, 12/24/12 2:21 PM (permalink)
                        Some years ago my grandson saw a commercial for Ruby Tuesday advertising a shrimpburger. He talked me into taking him for one and what he got when he ordered was a hamburger with one fried shrimp atop the lettuce and tomato that topped the beef patty.

Wabbit

• Total Posts: 477
                          Re:Want Reciepe of Sand which Mon, 12/24/12 4:40 PM (permalink)
                          Perhaps the OP was not real clear about making Cole slaw. My cousin is not very good about her explaing what she wants in words ( she is a gold medal winner in special olpmpics and we are proud of her) She does enjoy talking to people and learning new things. She is a pretty good cook also. It's Christmas, let us give the benefit .. and post a fave slaw recipe. Just my opinion.. Thanks Wabbit

ces1948

• Total Posts: 1499
                            Re:Want Reciepe of Sand which Mon, 12/24/12 6:38 PM (permalink)
                            Ok I would suggest going to Publix (or your local supermarket) Buying some coleslaw from the deli case and some rolls from the bakery. Take home, spread coleslaw on bakery roll. Enjoy.

edwmax

• Total Posts: 2015
                              Re:Want Reciepe of Sand which Mon, 12/24/12 6:50 PM (permalink)
                              amberdorsch123

How to prepare coleslaw sandwiches please post step by step method here and if any one have other recipe of other sandwiches then please post here

Never heard or seen one.   ... but your can try this recipe http://tarladalal.com/Coleslaw-Sandwich-14076r   now, would that with or without cheese?

superfoods

Well, first time I have heard about this type of sandwich. From which part of the world it belongs?
                                ... Alabama ... I think ...

MetroplexJim

BTW:  tried to find Mixican City, GA;
                              Google Maps has never heard of it. 

Never heard of it either.  My map put it south of Dublin, Ga.   It must be a named cross road community.

ann peeples

• Total Posts: 8317
                                Re:Want Reciepe of Sand which Tue, 12/25/12 3:40 AM (permalink)
                                Wabbit-I dont make cole slaw, but loved your post. Merry Christmas.

CCinNJ

Re:Want Reciepe of Sand which Tue, 12/25/12 12:42 PM (permalink)
                                  Marzetti makes a great bottled cole slaw dressing.

The (Todd Wilbur)Top Secret KFC cole slaw recipe works well on a sandwich. It's not a very "juicy" cole slaw that drips. Drips are further avoided by the addition of buttermilk powder.

Michael Hoffman

Re:Want Reciepe of Sand which Tue, 12/25/12 2:01 PM (permalink)
                                    Come to Columbus and visit the Marzetti plant.

CCinNJ

Re:Want Reciepe of Sand which Tue, 12/25/12 2:16 PM (permalink)
                                      Someone will have to stop me from drinking a bottle of that dressing!

Michael Hoffman

Re:Want Reciepe of Sand which Tue, 12/25/12 4:33 PM (permalink)
                                        We used to ship bottles of it to Daughter No. 1 when she lived in Connecticut because she loved it so. Then one day, while visiting her, we were in a Stop and Shop in Old Saybrook and found it on the shelves there.

That's OK. We used to buy jars of Fluff whenever we were back in Connecticut until one day we happened to spot it in a  supermarket right here.

ChrisOC

• Total Posts: 901
                                          Re:Want Reciepe of Sand which Tue, 12/25/12 10:15 PM (permalink)
                                          Fluff?

MetroplexJim

Re:Want Reciepe of Sand which Wed, 12/26/12 8:10 AM (permalink)
                                            ChrisOC

Fluff?

Marshmallow spread.

MetroplexJim

Re:Want Reciepe of Sand which Wed, 12/26/12 8:12 AM (permalink)
                                              The mention of Marzetti Brand slaw dressing, leads me to this comprehensive guide for the OP:

http://www.marzetti.com/marzetti-kitchens/browse.php?rc=12

Enjoy!

RodBangkok

• Total Posts: 385
                                                • Location: Bangkok Thailand, XX
                                                Re:Want Reciepe of Sand which Wed, 12/26/12 8:47 AM (permalink)
                                                Why is it that so many high total posts members of this site post nothing but frivolous off topic comments, that many times can easily be construed by the op as condescending.  To all those high post people that seem to have nothing better to do but interrupt and post off topic comments, I say, shut up, and frankly get a life. 
                                                It seems you all have nothing better to do than post off topic comments to every thread on this forum just so the topic can be diverted by another high post member.
                                                This is especially true when posts are commented on this way by first time or what could be interpreted as folks that do not have a good grasp of the english language.  
                                                Quite frankly I'm thinking less and less of the people that continue to post like they own this forum...seen too many off topic quips and inside jokes to stick around much longer...not that anyone cares, and not limited to this particular thread.

MetroplexJim

Re:Want Reciepe of Sand which Wed, 12/26/12 8:49 AM (permalink)
                                                  My looking into the (remembered from my Pittsburgh youth) wonderful line of Marzetti dressings has for the second time in a month led me to Kroger's.

Back in the 1950's, as The Great Atlantic & Pacific Tea Company lost their mojo, Kroger's became our "go-to" grocery in the southern suburbs of Pittsburgh.  When I moved to Virginia they had a little presence in the Shenandoah Valley, but none in NOVA where I lived for nearly 30 years.  After Wegman's entered that market they earned nearly 100% of our non-convenience grocery business away from Giant and Safeway

So, when we moved to Dallas 7 years ago they, even though they have a stong presence in this market we gravited to Central Market (Wegman's-like), Market Street (Wegman's lite), and Whole Foods

Recently I entered a Kroger's after I heard on the radio that they sold canned Skyline Chili (it was great, but Mrs. Metro pooped the party by reading the sodium content on the back of the can ).

Now that I know that they stock Marzetti's I'm going to take some time and tour their new (Wegman-sized, 100,000+ s.f.) "Marketplace" store that opened a year or so ago near my home here in McKinney.

MetroplexJim

Re:Want Reciepe of Sand which Wed, 12/26/12 9:33 AM (permalink)
                                                    RodBangkok

Why is it that so many high total posts members of this site post nothing but frivolous off topic comments, that many times can easily be construed by the op as condescending.  To all those high post people that seem to have nothing better to do but interrupt and post off topic comments, I say, shut up, and frankly get a life. 
                                                    It seems you all have nothing better to do than post off topic comments to every thread on this forum just so the topic can be diverted by another high post member.
                                                    This is especially true when posts are commented on this way by first time or what could be interpreted as folks that do not have a good grasp of the english language.  
                                                    Quite frankly I'm thinking less and less of the people that continue to post like they own this forum...seen too many off topic quips and inside jokes to stick around much longer...not that anyone cares, and not limited to this particular thread.

Not that I disagree totally ...  but,

Please consider the reception this very recent first-time poster received:  http://www.roadfood.com/Forums/East-Coast-Trip-m722603.aspx .

(BTW:  My beloved Mrs. Metro is a non-native English speaker and, even though she has a graduate degree from Georgetown, recognizes that her written English is weak and has a sense of humor about it!  The same is true about a former Mrs.; I once cringed through a speech she gave in which she constantly used the word "focus" and pronounced it as ...  I'll leave that to your imagination).

Introspectively reviewing my four posts above I believe that three are positive/ helpful/ informative and one made a humorous reference to a Jack Nicholson movie.

RodBangkok

• Total Posts: 385
                                                      • Location: Bangkok Thailand, XX
                                                      Re:Want Reciepe of Sand which Wed, 12/26/12 9:59 AM (permalink)
                                                      Were any of your responses on topic to the OP questions?...no need to respond, spin it any way you want, done with this thread.

CCinNJ

Re:Want Reciepe of Sand which Wed, 12/26/12 10:02 AM (permalink)
                                                        I don't know what this has to do with cole slaw...either.

Michael Hoffman

• Location: Gahanna, OH
                                                          Re:Want Reciepe of Sand which Wed, 12/26/12 10:24 AM (permalink)
                                                          Old King Cole was a merry old Slaw, and a merry old Slaw was he ...

How's them apples?

CCinNJ

• Location: Bayonne, NJ
                                                            Re:Want Reciepe of Sand which Wed, 12/26/12 10:29 AM (permalink)
                                                            Apples is cole slaw provides a little crunch.

Online Bookmarks Sharing: Share/Bookmark
                                                              Change Page: 12 > | Showing page 1 of 2, messages 1 to 30 of 46

Jump to:

Current active users

There are 0 members and 1 guests.

Icon Legend and Permission

• New Messages
                                                              • No New Messages
                                                              • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
                                                              • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
                                                              • Locked w/ New Messages
                                                              • Locked w/o New Messages
                                                              • Read Message
                                                              • Post New Thread
                                                              • Reply to message
                                                              • Post New Poll
                                                              • Submit Vote
                                                              • Post reward post
                                                              • Delete my own posts
                                                              • Delete my own threads
                                                              • Rate post

2000-2014 ASPPlayground.NET Forum Version 3.9
                                                              What is Roadfood?  |   Privacy Policy  |   Contact Roadfood.com   Copyright 2011 - Roadfood.com