The most memorable local eateries along the highways and back roads of America
Sign In | Register for Free!
Restaurants Recipes Forums EatingTours Merchandise FAQ Maps Insider
Forum Themes:
Welcome !

Hwy 15 - Corning, NY to Williamsport, PA

Conlon

• Total Posts: 20
Hwy 15 - Corning, NY to Williamsport, PA Thu, 12/20/12 12:50 PM (permalink)
[Helpful answer received] / [List Solutions Only]
Heading down Highway 15 from Corning to Williamsport.  Anything good along the way (or not too far off the route)?

kevincad

• Total Posts: 398
    Re:Hwy 15 - Corning, NY to Williamsport, PA Thu, 12/20/12 1:17 PM (permalink)
    [This post was marked as helpful]
    Conlon

Heading down Highway 15 from Corning to Williamsport.  Anything good along the way (or not too far off the route)?

Eddie's Restaurant in Mansfiled PA serves a great breakfast, and burgers are good too. It's truckstop style. On the NY border, in Lawrenceville, PA is Rotsell's Family Restaurant.
    In Lindley, NY there is a bar called The Green Shingles, nice wood stove, good burgers. Not really kid friendly. 

RC51Mike

• Total Posts: 443
      Re:Hwy 15 - Corning, NY to Williamsport, PA Thu, 12/20/12 4:51 PM (permalink)
      Not too far out of your way and if not in a huge hurry, take 287 into Wellsboro.  The diner is an original Sterling but has been kitchified a little for the tourists.  Walk to the Penn Wells Hotel and take a look at the restored lobby.  Food in the dining room is ok.  There is a nice little candy shop a block down toward the courthouse.  Around the corner is Native Bagel, for breakfast or lunch sandwiches and is a pleasant place to chat with the locals who frequent there. 

To Williamsport, I always take 287 and/or 414 down to 220.  It's really not far out of your way and gives the real flavor of the "endless mountains."  414 to 44 gets you back in the woods along Pine Creek and you have to stop at Wolfe's General Store and tackle shop in Slate Run.  There is a well regarded restaurant in Cedar Run but think they are only open for dinner.

ken8038

• Total Posts: 1559
        Re:Hwy 15 - Corning, NY to Williamsport, PA Fri, 12/21/12 8:25 AM (permalink)
        In South Williamnsport, right off Rt 15 (it may even BE Rt 15 at that point) is the Bridge Tavern. Very family oriented, locally owned, good reasonably priced food. Large menu, from Bar Food to more adventurous stuff.  

http://www.bridgetavernrestaurant.com/index.html

Conlon

• Total Posts: 20
          Re:Hwy 15 - Corning, NY to Williamsport, PA Fri, 12/21/12 9:10 AM (permalink)
          Thank you so much for the suggestions.  I've altered our route and it won't be too far out of our way and I think it will make the trip more pleasurable.

SeamusD

• Total Posts: 939
            Re:Hwy 15 - Corning, NY to Williamsport, PA Fri, 01/4/13 12:47 PM (permalink)
            I always stop at the Crippled Bear on Lycoming Creek Road (old 15) just north of Williamsport for a cold Yuengling when I'm in town. Can't comment on the food, but it's supposed to be pretty good.

Online Bookmarks Sharing: Share/Bookmark

Jump to:

Current active users

There are 0 members and 1 guests.

Icon Legend and Permission

• New Messages
              • No New Messages
              • Hot Topic w/ New Messages
              • Hot Topic w/o New Messages
              • Locked w/ New Messages
              • Locked w/o New Messages
              • Read Message
              • Post New Thread
              • Reply to message
              • Post New Poll
              • Submit Vote
              • Post reward post
              • Delete my own posts
              • Delete my own threads
              • Rate post

2000-2014 ASPPlayground.NET Forum Version 3.9
              What is Roadfood?  |   Privacy Policy  |   Contact Roadfood.com   Copyright 2011 - Roadfood.com